Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    queen of the universe

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 12 May, 2014.

Penhaligon's Artemisia this morning. I just realized that Artemisia must be named for Artemis, aka Diana, huntress, and my goddess of unattachedness. I am a very happy single woman these days. It took me a while to cherish my single-tude, and now I wonder as I have a coffee date tomorrow, whether I'm willing to have my contentment disturbed. we shall see. . .
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!
    Currently wearing: Odalisque by Nicolaï

Basenotes Institution

Wearing a secret-sample of a very special fragrance...can't talk about it yet but it's great!

A/C is being installed today ((cross those fingers and toes again!!!))
    ErinK - keep your chin up girl, you're doing everything that you need to do & you're right where you need to be
    Xscent - Sa Majeste la Rose is awesome, kalli knows all about that
    ClaireV - I almost wore VdN last night myself, but I didn't want to hassle finding my bottle of parfum in my closet storage box & decanting it in the atomizer I have for it...so I just wore something else instead. For me, atleast, VdN is a very Sunday-night-sort-of scent. Has this bittersweet wistfulness to it.
    Mocha - how was the play with Dad?
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I'm back for the SOTE in Rose 31, again. It was so good today and it's what I wanted again this evening.

My friend is coming over to hang out tonight. Jujy, I know exactly what you mean. I'm pretty comfortable in my single-tude, and even as I'm excited about having a new friend, I am also a bit reluctant to have to be "on." I love my evenings by myself, relaxing with the pets.

And welcome, papaya!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller
    Currently wearing: Iris Prima by Penhaligon's

Blog Entries

Welcome to papaya!

SOTD was Guerlain AA Mandarine Baslic,my go to fragrance for work.

How the heck can I have so many fragrances & can't decide what to wear to work each day?

Very busy today, so happy people, sad people & one very angry person. We called the police to file a report. Had someone sit with me all day, so I could train them.
    busy, buys, busy….
    So much so, I have a headache now.

Came home, took 2 Advil & am relaxing with Sky kitty. She's 11 weeks old and all rough & tumble fun. Well, except for the sharp as needles feet & claws. she loves my computer & even helps me play Bejeweled.

1889059_10152433263679188_9098679220519377054_o.jpg

SOTE is Breydo Bullion, from a sample.
    TOP: PINK PEPPER, BLACK PLUM
    HEART: OSMANTHUS, MAGNOLIA, LEATHER ACCORD
    BASE: DARK WOODS, SANDALWOOD, SENSUAL MUSKS
    We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men. ~Herman Melville

Hello again -

I'm in vintage Fath de Fath this evening, 80s edt ...good night, y'all!

Jon - not live, but I did see it, and I absolutely agree; Nishikori should have had that one. I've had my eye on him for a few years now - it's about time he made his move, but he *really* needs to stay healthy and injury-free for a while. He pulled out of his semi against Djokovic in Miami because of an upset stomach, and this was after beating Federer ...sigh. C'mon man, walk it off!

Erin, teardrop, ComDiva - thanks! And yes indeed, we're absolutely *giddy* about it. We won't be in Paris the whole summer though; we'll be staying at Sylvie's old house, now Mom's, in the Loire Valley, and we're really looking forward to exploring that whole area, but we'll be paying frequent visits to her apartment in Paris, which we'll be getting ready for a tenant come fall. It's mostly cosmetic stuff, but it definitely needs some work, which we will be taking care of ...which was initially our whole reason for going in the first place, but that somehow just morphed into summer in Angers.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 13th May 2014 at 12:00 AM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

John Varvatos tonight
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha

Mike, the play was an amazing experience. Chicago has a big theater scene, and this company started in a small 50-seat theater in the back of a suburban bookstore. So it's a very intimate experience, and the director and actors took advantage of that with this play, which is a very intense Strindberg drama called The Dance of Death. So imagine going to a depressing and shocking play, put on by three amazing actors, in a tiny theater where you are mere feet from the action. We were in the front row, and they were flying over our feet at times. So you couldn't help but feel part of it, which made it extra-intense. It was like going to a Christmas dinner -- or funeral -- where some of the guests hate each other and blow up.

Also, of the 48 people in the audience, I happened to know six or seven, so I got to catch up with old friends a little.

My mother spent the evening with my husband and kids, and she really enjoyed that. It was nice to give my father a break, too. So I'll have to do it again soon, I think. Admittedly, the next time I will try to pick something lighter.
    Currently wearing: Bulgari Black by Bulgari

Basenotes Junkie cestrum nocturnum's Avatar

Mmmm, what fabulous roses today!

Welcome Papaya!

Evangeline, what wonderful summer plans. I hope we’ll still get to see you here occasionally while you’re gone so we can enjoy your trip vicariously!

ErinK, with that many job apps out, it sounds like there are plenty of opportunities for you and something perfect is probably just around the corner.

Jujy, have a nice coffee date! Bf was telling me about some article he read expounding the virtues of being single—of course it was posted on fb by one of his chronically single male friends who is a bit of a sad case, but bf couldn’t help mentioning a few of the points, like not gaining as much weight as when in a relationship, etc. (Mind you, he is Mr. Cheese Binge!) Anyway, there is definitely something nice about both solitude and independence, but a good relationship still allows for that.

It was a crummy sort of Monday morning, so I chose MPG Amber Precieux today for olfactory cuddles. One of the paralegals walked in and exclaimed “It smells good in here!” That was nice to hear, but maybe I over applied or should not wear amber on 90 degree days! I try not to bring much noticeable scent into the office environment and really wear it for myself, so I was a bit taken aback and kind of mumbled something inarticulate a la Mr. Bean to cover my guilty sillage. But no one else commented, and I think the AC calmed it down as I froze and I enjoyed my AP alllllll day!
    There are always flowers for those who want to see them.
    ~ Henri Matisse

Bruno Fazzolari Lampblack this evening.

MadHat Scents

Skiff (Ambergris, Tropical Fruit, Pacific Red Cedar, Floral Mukhallat) / Embers - ONLY 30ml Left (Un-burned Incense, Campfires, Leather and Resins) / Khus (Ruh Khus, Sandalwood, Rose, Geranium) / Oudhy (Dark Rose, Dried Woods, Oud, Musk)

Hi Sky Kitteh! Momma should douse herself with Chamade and give you snuggles.

Basenotes Institution

We are leaving for Japan this coming Sunday and will be there for three weeks, two light-weight suitcases are ready since this past weekend, and I am practically ready to hop on the plane any time. Still undecided about a fragrance (or more than one) to take with me, possibly Balmain de Balmain, but tonight I happen to be in another great fragrance with black currant -- which I love, generally -- Celine Leora Hamsa. That coffee note is very harmonious although quite unexpected and the whole thing is just simply delightful.

E., glad that Fath de Fath is getting some recognition. He was one of the trinity (Dior -- Balmain -- Fath) who defined and refined the New Look and the fragrance (1955?) was light years ahead of its time, I am convinced. 1955 was quite a productive year in general, every other fragrance was one of a kind, just pull the year in BN Directory.

I will be off tomorrow and we will have to buy groceries -- I know, I know it is just another 5 days -- but we need mostly water and non-perishables, for the house.

queen of the universe

Dear TWolf, bon voyage and safe travels. Celine Leora Hamsa sounds wonderful and intriguing. I would think a coffee note would be a good traveling note.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!
    Currently wearing: Odalisque by Nicolaï