Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Monday, 12 May, 2014.

Hi everyone - have a lovely day!

L'Eau d'Hiver - Malle.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 12 May, 2014.

Happy Monday!

Late afternoon post from me as I’ve decided to take a ten minute coffee break before many more hours at the office, it's going to be a verrryyy long day.

((ExtremeK)) thanks sweetie I had your voice in my head chanting ‘breathe’ and ‘treat yourself’ when I downed a dozen oysters and glass of champagne before the ballet. How’d I do? .

Cello perfectly okay to ponder a while but I’m going to give you a gentle enabling push to acquire and enjoy.

((ErinK)) the right job will come along.

Just dawned on me I have less than a month before I’m off on holiday and I’ve only organised half of my accommodation. I’ll be homeless on the streets of Paris at this rate.

Was in Attimo this morning (not sure why) but after a quick sampling session at Mecca I’m now in Sa Majeste La Rose. I was completely unaware this one existed. I’m not usually a fan of a huge rose note (except for Rose 31) but this one drew me in. I'm going to join Cello and ponder this one. Have a lovely day everyone.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone! Was up all night with my seven-month old daughter, Mila, who decided that she wanted to play, poke mam in the eye, practice her snorting noises, etc. rather than going to sleep like, you know, normal people. I am soothing frazzled nerves with dabs of Vol de Nuit extrait and several heavy sprays of the EDT to give it "body". I went online in the middle of the night to buy a 93ml refill of the EDT for 75 euros, just because I felt like I deserved to have new perfume just for being awake, which goes to show how far my sickness has developed....

ClaireV - hold on in there! It will get better and
    you are right to wear perfume "because you're worth it!"

Its wet,wet,wet here this morning and after three nights of
    broken/little sleep I am also treating myself to a spritz of Lolita
    Lempicka Morsure d'Amour. No sleepless children, just grown-up sons
    still living at home, who aren't on the same circadian rhythms as me!!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone. Serge Lutens Datura Noir for me.

A good night's rest to the sleep-deprived! Wish you all a good start to the week.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello all,

Good morning, all!

ClaireV, I feel for you, during the first eight months my first daughter never let me sleep,
    after that I was able to sleep 4 hours without interval and even that was such a relief!

I am in

Jovoy Gardez - Moi

Good morning everyone I have a smooth start of the week and the day off Will continue with my daily walk routine ( a very new routine, though ) today. It's raining so not sure how long it will be Today I'm joining Xscent in a rosey scent. I'm in Aromatics elexir. I totally agree that Sa majeste la rose is a gem Have a great day all

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 12 May, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Good morning everyone! You are all smelling wonderful this morning!!

Dora, I love Gardez Moi, it's such a beautiful gardenia!

Welcome, Papaya!!

I felt like lilac today and since ours aren't blooming yet, I decided to wear them instead. So I'm in American Beauty Beloved Purple Blossom this morning.

Have a great day!
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 12th May 2014 at 12:16 PM.

Halston Man Amber

In addictive Profumum Roma Fiore d'Ambra, drizzly gloomy and dark here. I will take it any day as compared to tornadoes to the south of us and a foot of snow to the west or 87F on the East Coast.

Have a great week!

Hello all. Parfums d'Orsay Arome 3
    DONNA

Good morning, everyone!

Well, this is our last full week at home for the rest of the summer ...last week of ballet, last week of wee ballerinas, last week to be with family and friends. We leave for Paris on the 22nd, which still sounds rather distant but is really just a week from Thursday, and as excited as we are about it, that suddenly seems *way* too soon ...eek! There's actually not much left to do besides last minute packing, but I know this week is going to fly by ...and then the dozens of incredibly important things that still need doing will occur to me, hehe. But this really is no time to coast - my ballet troupe has another takeaway show (aka ballet flash mob in the park) this weekend, and this one will be ever-so-slightly more publicized, so we'll really have to be on our toes (hehe - pun totally intended.) We've got a lot of work to do starting this morning, and I'm in plenty of vintage Miss Dior for it, 60s parfum and edt. Yeah, I think this'll do nicely.

Y'all have a great day!

Hi there, Wolfie - I suppose y'all are gearing up for your departure, too. How *exciting* - you're going to have the time of your lives!

Editing to add some hugs and encouragement for ((Erin)) regarding the job situation. You're casting your net pretty wide and giving yourself lots of options, which is *awesome* - go for it! It might take a little longer than you expect, but just be patient - I have absolutely no doubt you'll find exactly the right fit in the right place, and the wait will have been well worth it. And in the meantime, you have a nice new boy to play with - that's exciting, too! Enjoy this time - it's sort of fun, not knowing everything that's going to happen.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 12th May 2014 at 01:27 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Good morning, good smelling people.

Pacifica Tahitian Gardenia today, roll-on borrowed from the kids' perfume box, over coconut body butter. Nice and summery.

ETA: shadesofbleu, yes we went both nights and did catch all of the Hold Steady set. They sounded great, the band is amazing. The singer dances like an excited 5 year old... I like them a whole lot better after seeing them live - in records I just tune into the lyrics, I think, but in performance could hear the music much more.

Hayes Carll was good, too, my mom loved his show. He did not bring a band, only a dobro player, though he had said he'd bring a 3-piece band, so something had happened to keep the drummer away; then at the end his guitar mike failed, so he just literally stomped and hollered his way through "Stomp and Holler".
    Last edited by Robin-in-FL; 12th May 2014 at 01:46 PM.

Mancera Kumkat Wood - with some of the sandalwood from MadHat Limed still holding on from last night.

Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 - ONLY 4 LEFT! (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD Slumberhouse, CdG & More...

Good morning!

Well, speaking of rose, and Rose 31, that happens to be what I chose this morning. Great minds think alike.

Evangeline, thank you for the hugs and encouragement. I woke up feeling good about things today. You're right - I'll find something, and in the meantime it's almost summer and I have a cute boy to hang out with and things could be way, way worse. And I can't believe you only have a week to go! Time has really flown by. You must be so excited! Hell, I'm excited, and I'm not the one going to spend summer in Paris. You know I love living vicariously through you.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all !.

Mrs E, did you see the final yesterday ?. Rafa's powers of recovery are legendary but I still can't help feeling the result would have been different but for his opponent's injury. Nishikori had him outplayed and frustrated until fate intervened.

Wolfie, how long is it until you leave for Japan ?. I'll miss you this much (and more).

MFK Absolue Pour Le Matin.

Cello, stop pondering, start spending
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 12th May 2014 at 03:33 PM.

Lorenzo Villoresi - Teint de Neige

Incredible powdery, soft, gentle fragrance. It's like floating on a cloud!

I am wearing White Patchouli and Champaca Absolute - my favorite Tom Ford layering combination. Have a good day!

Wearing Chloe Narcisse - blast from the past.

Coup De Grace by Herve Gambs

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

SOTE

You guys are enablers!!! Maybe I will get two decants
    Roberto Cavalli Oro today for me.

Hello to all, and I hope everyone had a nice weekend.

It is hot and muggy here today, so I went with a few blasts of fresh and cool Guerlain Vetiver.

Basenotes Plus

SotE - L'Occitane L'Occitan.

Pi by Givenchy

Blog Entries

Evening all, loving all the rose & gardenia scents in here today!

Evangeline; summer in Paris, how wonderful! Hope you'll be able to check in with regular reports.

(((Erin))) hang in there.

l wore Narcisse Noir, modern EDT for a long shift today, now in Jasmin Noir for the evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hi, folks -

ClaireV while I agree heartily with Kewart that you're worth every dollar you spent and then some, I *also* agree with you that you deserved your splurge just by dint of being awake. Any excuse in a storm, I say...

And you will sleep again, I promise. Of course, shortly after you manage to get a decent night's sleep because the kiddo isn't up at all hours, you get to lose sleep because the kiddo isn't home at all hours. But you've got plenty of time between now and then - Seriously, I hope you can enjoy every minute, even the exhausting ones.

Evangeline: Paris!!! Flash mob prior to departure! I am jealous! (okay, I just want to tag along, but you get the idea). Have a FANTASTIC time at all of your "to do"s.

I am part of Twolf's "87 degree F East coast" misery today, although the glorious sunshine makes it worth it anyway. I am ignoring the weather and smell rich and decadent in Memoire Liquide Encens Liquide.

Encens Liquide notes: Soft amber resin, white musk, black tea, and Hinoki Incense.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Welcome to papaya!

Today I am wearing Histoires de Parfums Tubereuse #2 from a random decant grab - I haven't worn this one in a while and forgot how much I liked it.

Over the weekend I discovered Figue Fruitée by Au Pays de la Fleur d'Oranger from a recent Olfactif sampler - I thought I would not like it because I'm not a big fan of fig perfumes, nor fruity perfumes, but it actually has a nice woody undertone and, especially with the beautiful warm weather, it quite hit the spot. Also over the weekend I wore Comme des Garçons Daphne.

queen of the universe

Penhaligon's Artemisia this morning. I just realized that Artemisia must be named for Artemis, aka Diana, huntress, and my goddess of unattachedness. I am a very happy single woman these days. It took me a while to cherish my single-tude, and now I wonder as I have a coffee date tomorrow, whether I'm willing to have my contentment disturbed. we shall see. . .
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Basenotes Institution

Wearing a secret-sample of a very special fragrance...can't talk about it yet but it's great!

A/C is being installed today ((cross those fingers and toes again!!!))
    ErinK - keep your chin up girl, you're doing everything that you need to do & you're right where you need to be
    Xscent - Sa Majeste la Rose is awesome, kalli knows all about that
    ClaireV - I almost wore VdN last night myself, but I didn't want to hassle finding my bottle of parfum in my closet storage box & decanting it in the atomizer I have for it...so I just wore something else instead. For me, atleast, VdN is a very Sunday-night-sort-of scent. Has this bittersweet wistfulness to it.
    Mocha - how was the play with Dad?
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I'm back for the SOTE in Rose 31, again. It was so good today and it's what I wanted again this evening.

My friend is coming over to hang out tonight. Jujy, I know exactly what you mean. I'm pretty comfortable in my single-tude, and even as I'm excited about having a new friend, I am also a bit reluctant to have to be "on." I love my evenings by myself, relaxing with the pets.

And welcome, papaya!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Basenotes Plus

Welcome to papaya!

SOTD was Guerlain AA Mandarine Baslic,my go to fragrance for work.

How the heck can I have so many fragrances & can't decide what to wear to work each day?

Very busy today, so happy people, sad people & one very angry person. We called the police to file a report. Had someone sit with me all day, so I could train them.
    busy, buys, busy….
    So much so, I have a headache now.

Came home, took 2 Advil & am relaxing with Sky kitty. She's 11 weeks old and all rough & tumble fun. Well, except for the sharp as needles feet & claws. she loves my computer & even helps me play Bejeweled.

1889059_10152433263679188_9098679220519377054_o.jpg

SOTE is Breydo Bullion, from a sample.
    TOP: PINK PEPPER, BLACK PLUM
    HEART: OSMANTHUS, MAGNOLIA, LEATHER ACCORD
    BASE: DARK WOODS, SANDALWOOD, SENSUAL MUSKS
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Hello again -

I'm in vintage Fath de Fath this evening, 80s edt ...good night, y'all!

Jon - not live, but I did see it, and I absolutely agree; Nishikori should have had that one. I've had my eye on him for a few years now - it's about time he made his move, but he *really* needs to stay healthy and injury-free for a while. He pulled out of his semi against Djokovic in Miami because of an upset stomach, and this was after beating Federer ...sigh. C'mon man, walk it off!

Erin, teardrop, ComDiva - thanks! And yes indeed, we're absolutely *giddy* about it. We won't be in Paris the whole summer though; we'll be staying at Sylvie's old house, now Mom's, in the Loire Valley, and we're really looking forward to exploring that whole area, but we'll be paying frequent visits to her apartment in Paris, which we'll be getting ready for a tenant come fall. It's mostly cosmetic stuff, but it definitely needs some work, which we will be taking care of ...which was initially our whole reason for going in the first place, but that somehow just morphed into summer in Angers.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 13th May 2014 at 12:00 AM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

John Varvatos tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Mike, the play was an amazing experience. Chicago has a big theater scene, and this company started in a small 50-seat theater in the back of a suburban bookstore. So it's a very intimate experience, and the director and actors took advantage of that with this play, which is a very intense Strindberg drama called The Dance of Death. So imagine going to a depressing and shocking play, put on by three amazing actors, in a tiny theater where you are mere feet from the action. We were in the front row, and they were flying over our feet at times. So you couldn't help but feel part of it, which made it extra-intense. It was like going to a Christmas dinner -- or funeral -- where some of the guests hate each other and blow up.

Also, of the 48 people in the audience, I happened to know six or seven, so I got to catch up with old friends a little.

My mother spent the evening with my husband and kids, and she really enjoyed that. It was nice to give my father a break, too. So I'll have to do it again soon, I think. Admittedly, the next time I will try to pick something lighter.

Mmmm, what fabulous roses today!

Welcome Papaya!

Evangeline, what wonderful summer plans. I hope we’ll still get to see you here occasionally while you’re gone so we can enjoy your trip vicariously!

ErinK, with that many job apps out, it sounds like there are plenty of opportunities for you and something perfect is probably just around the corner.

Jujy, have a nice coffee date! Bf was telling me about some article he read expounding the virtues of being single—of course it was posted on fb by one of his chronically single male friends who is a bit of a sad case, but bf couldn’t help mentioning a few of the points, like not gaining as much weight as when in a relationship, etc. (Mind you, he is Mr. Cheese Binge!) Anyway, there is definitely something nice about both solitude and independence, but a good relationship still allows for that.

It was a crummy sort of Monday morning, so I chose MPG Amber Precieux today for olfactory cuddles. One of the paralegals walked in and exclaimed “It smells good in here!” That was nice to hear, but maybe I over applied or should not wear amber on 90 degree days! I try not to bring much noticeable scent into the office environment and really wear it for myself, so I was a bit taken aback and kind of mumbled something inarticulate a la Mr. Bean to cover my guilty sillage. But no one else commented, and I think the AC calmed it down as I froze and I enjoyed my AP alllllll day!
    There are always flowers for those who want to see them.
    ~ Henri Matisse

Bruno Fazzolari Lampblack this evening.

Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 - ONLY 4 LEFT! (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD Slumberhouse, CdG & More...

Hi Sky Kitteh! Momma should douse herself with Chamade and give you snuggles.

We are leaving for Japan this coming Sunday and will be there for three weeks, two light-weight suitcases are ready since this past weekend, and I am practically ready to hop on the plane any time. Still undecided about a fragrance (or more than one) to take with me, possibly Balmain de Balmain, but tonight I happen to be in another great fragrance with black currant -- which I love, generally -- Celine Leora Hamsa. That coffee note is very harmonious although quite unexpected and the whole thing is just simply delightful.

E., glad that Fath de Fath is getting some recognition. He was one of the trinity (Dior -- Balmain -- Fath) who defined and refined the New Look and the fragrance (1955?) was light years ahead of its time, I am convinced. 1955 was quite a productive year in general, every other fragrance was one of a kind, just pull the year in BN Directory.

I will be off tomorrow and we will have to buy groceries -- I know, I know it is just another 5 days -- but we need mostly water and non-perishables, for the house.

queen of the universe

Dear TWolf, bon voyage and safe travels. Celine Leora Hamsa sounds wonderful and intriguing. I would think a coffee note would be a good traveling note.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!