I'm sampling it now....Not. Good.
Thread: Amouage Journey Man: mish-mash
I'm sampling it now....Not. Good.
Also tried it yesterday at a local fragrance shop and wasn't impressed.
Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.
Time to start a new poll. "Should Christopher Chong be Axed from Amouage".
Current Winter Favorites:
1. House of Matriarch - Blackbird
2. Brückner - Aoud 1
3. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Generation Man
4. Xerjoff - Wabar
5. Creed - Royal Oud
6. Ormonde Jayne - Black Gold
7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
8. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Mortal Skin
9. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
10. Creed - Royal English Leather
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
I have tried this a couple of times recently and regretfully add to the chorus of mild disapproval. Not bad, a decent woody/spicy thing, but nowhere near justifying its price IMO. If the Perfume Fairy buys me a bottle for Xmas I will surely wear it, but how someone can write a veritable essay on it is beyond me.
Wasn't a fan of Journey when I tested out. And I recently bought a bottle of Jubilation, Interlude, and Opus VII. Currently, I'm debating on grabbing a bottle of Epic-- would anyone mind describing it to me?
Sale/sample thread. http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=218207
tested it and when out here in shops, will be purchased!
I actually like the opening very much, but after that it only goes downhill.. Pity!
Tried it recently and liked it. The paper test was amazing. It reminded me of the good aspects of the &70s scents I used to wear Givenchy etc, Will give a few more tries with a view to buying.
This one has grown on me lately. Didn't care for it, now I like it very much. I wonder if Amouage will release a Journey showergel and soap .
I have a bottle on it's way. Hopefully I like it. Seems that many didn't like it initially but eventually came around on it. That has been the case with most of the amouages that I like. You really have to give them time, one testing doesn't do them justice.
Current Top 10:
Creed Green Irish Tweed
Tom Ford Tobacco Oud
Creed Royal Oud
Armani Prive Myrrhe Imperiale
Amouage Jubilation XXV
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
Tom Ford Amber Absolute
MDCI Invasion Barbare
Amouage Interlude Man
Tom Ford Plum Japonais
Of the batch of Amouage samples I just went through, Journey is not a fave. Not bad, though.
^ What Amouage samples did you get, Chuck? I take it they are ones from the more recent formulations? Any shockers on change in aroma?
Price Reductions! Click HERE for sales of: Masque Russian Tea, LDDM, YSL KOUROS (vintage), CHANEL Antaeus A/S (vintage), CHANEL Egoiste (vintage), Carven Vetiver, and many others!
I bought Journey Man shortly after it was released. I wasn't a fan at first but my appreciation of this fragrance came after a few wearings. Definitely a grower.