Code of Conduct

Default Wearing Fragrance/Perfume Oils

Sometimes I think I am the only one who still wears fragrance oils (in lotion form, mostly). Fragrance oils are MUCH cheaper, and often smell the same as the original. Anybody else? (Crickets chirping.)
    Licorice candy for breakfast, and another dab of Black Vines by Kerosene. And a spritz of Plum Japonais for Sunday.

I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like

Default Re: Wearing Fragrance/Perfume Oils

You mean the copies or the few originals that do have oils or lotions? I use bath oils during showers, though not as a standalone - in general, they don't have enough concentration and lasting power.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    You mean the copies or the few originals that do have oils or lotions? I use bath oils during showers, though not as a standalone - in general, they don't have enough concentration and lasting power.

cacio
    I meant copies, but I would certainly wear originals, if they weren't so hard to find.
    Licorice candy for breakfast, and another dab of Black Vines by Kerosene. And a spritz of Plum Japonais for Sunday.

I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like

Blog Entries

http://www.madini.com/products/complete_listing.htm

I'm not sure what you mean by "copies" but these are some brilliant oils. They are not too expensive. Some of them do resemble classic perfumes, but not all. Many are original scents. They are long lasting. The small vials are a great value.

OP, Where do you purchase these perfume oils? I have worn some in the past but they always seem to lack either longevity or projection and I would only smell them if my nose was pressed to my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    http://www.madini.com/products/complete_listing.htm

I'm not sure what you mean by "copies" but these are some brilliant oils. They are not too expensive. Some of them do resemble classic perfumes, but not all. Many are original scents. They are long lasting. The small vials are a great value.
    When I say copies, I mean designer "type" oils, oil versions of alcohol fragrances with the SAME NAME as the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewam View Post
    OP, Where do you purchase these perfume oils? I have worn some in the past but they always seem to lack either longevity or projection and I would only smell them if my nose was pressed to my skin.
    Try The Fragrance Shop (not to be confused with "Fragrance Shop"): http://thefragranceshop.com/ I have bought MANY oils here over the years, and am mostly happy with them. As far as longevity, I think it depends on which fragrance you get. My personal favorites include: One Million, Bora Bora, and one called Jamaican Fruit, which is surprisingly awesome. I will probably order Euphoria and something else from them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen-at-home View Post
    When I say copies, I mean designer "type" oils, oil versions of alcohol fragrances with the SAME NAME as the originals.

Some of the Madini are similar to the fragrances on which they were based, albeit a little nuclear.

Surrati do a lot of dups but I've never tried any.

Madina has sold perfume oils. They tossed bottles of dupe "type" oils into my orders of empty vials for free in the past. It kind of looks like they may be stopping that though. All I see now are some on perfume oils on clearance and scented body oils.

Madini has been selling their own perfume oils for a very long time and they don't produce knockoffs although a few are sort of an homage to classic scents. I definitely agree that they are a great value.

You can also find pretty good dupe oils from this eBay seller: http://www.ebay.com/usr/cherryblossomdiva
    Last edited by socalwoman; 15th May 2014 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen-at-home View Post
    Try The Fragrance Shop (not to be confused with "Fragrance Shop"): http://thefragranceshop.com/ I have bought MANY oils here over the years, and am mostly happy with them. As far as longevity, I think it depends on which fragrance you get. My personal favorites include: One Million, Bora Bora, and one called Jamaican Fruit, which is surprisingly awesome. I will probably order Euphoria and something else from them soon.
    Ok yeah that's where I got mine as well. I tried the Aventus, Legend, and a few others. I just didn't get great projection but the oils themselves smelled awesome. Every single one I tried was really good and in a lot of cases I preferred the oil over the original.

I got some oils from Day-Star and Hayward Enterprises, they project well and are long lasting. They have many dupes of designer or niche perfumes, Day-Star also makes own perfume oils. Today I am actually wearing a Day-Star dupe of Vaniglia de Madagascar by I Profumi di Firenze. Yes, they are much cheaper than originals, I am not sure however if they smell like the originals. I ordered them from Asia, before I discovered the samples at Lucky Scent.

Quote Originally Posted by citypark View Post
    I got some oils from Day-Star and Hayward Enterprises, they project well and are long lasting.
    I ordered Bulgari Aqua from Hayward Enterprises, and I sampled it 3 or 4 times, but it smelled like soapy, cheap alcohol. So I ordered the same Bulgari Aqua from http://thefragranceshop.com/ and it smells exactly the same as the original. I won't order from Hayward again. The Fragrance Shop cost a little more than Hayward and others, but I have found their oils to be closer to the originals. Yes, they don't project too far, being oils, but I don't mind reapplying throughout the day.

Would consider wearing especially unbranded and easily obtainable (mostly also quite affordable) orange, bergamot, fir, pine or vetiver essential oils, as long as my skin and my sense of smell tends to tolerate them with no allergies or other similar difficulties.

i Tried these out. Stay away from The Common Scents Inc. as they are selling crap and do not stand behind the product. There is no way in hell this stuff is "pure oil" as it has blue dye in it. Put it on and it lasts for maybe a half hour and then disappears. They only took me for $20 but I am going to dispute this with my Credit Card Co and file complaints with the BBB, the AG office and post in these threads to make others aware.

Default Fragrance Oils and The Common Scents Inc.

In my ongoing search sampling fragrances, I decided to purchase a few fragrance oils to test out. I heard they are often more potent and longer lasting than colognes and perfumes so I gave it a shot. I bought about $20 worth from The Common Scents inc, which were supposed to be pure oil. Interesting, because I am not sure how they can be pure oil if they have dyes in them that stain my shirt! Anyway, you guessed it. There was a faint scent on application that disappeared rather quickly. Garbage. I figured that I would eat the cost and shipping on the bottle that I used and then return the unused bottles for a refund. No dice, all sales are final!!! I guess when you sell inferior products, that is usually the best way to go. I informed them I would talk to my credit card company, the BBB, and the AG office and put the word out about their product. They offered me a 25% discount on my NEXT order. Next order? You think there is going too be a NEXT order? Seriously? Anyway it was only $20, but I thought I would give everyone else a heads up. Geez, I never get taken like this. I must be losing my fastball or something...

Default Re: Fragrance Oils and The Common Scents Inc.

Hi!
    We'll merge this with the other, very similar, thread.
    Thanks.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Use to wear them once in a while many moons ago. They don't seem to be as good as they were years ago.

The closest I ever got to them were Creed Huile Parfumees. Smelled nice but felt greasy and sticky on my skin.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I started out wearing oils, because they last longer. First, it was original types and then designer types (dupes). I still prefer oils cuz I can make lotions and body washes. And when you wear the oil by itself, it doesn't have an invasive projection. It just lightly trails behind and around you... enticing others to get closer.

I mainly use Black Orchid type oil. I cannot afford a real bottle, and Von Maur has been stingy with their samples they've given me. I did a side-by-side of Black Orchid oil & fragrance. The official fragrance is better, because it's much more complex. The oil is flat, but warm and lovely. They are like 90% identical. In this case, the TF Black Orchid type oil wins.

The best place I've ordered from:

http://www.exoticfragrances.com/

No problems or hassles. No sketchy business. Highly potent fragrance oils and ALL of them have been spot on. I have about 24 from Exotic Fragrances. The only complaints I have: they're shipping is unfortunately high, and if you want 1/3oz oils, you have to buy 12 of them, skyrocketing your total cost to a MINIMUM of $42. However, with that said, they are the most professional "body oil" company I've worked with.

On the other hand, Aroma-Center and The Common Scents are awful sites. Aroma-Center has unclear designer types and everything is misspelled. Fragrance oils are out of stock and they don't say so on their site. The Common Scents/PureBodyOil/BodyOils4Less (yes, a company selling under three different names and sites) is just a mess. Their "oils" are highly diluted. While price is good, in this case, you get what you pay for.
    Last edited by xoxoMyke; 16th June 2014 at 08:05 PM.
    Never leave the house without six sprays.

http://www.fragrantica.com/member/782944/

My Lucky 7:
    1. Black XS
    2. Body Kouros
    3. 1 Million
    4. Rochas Man
    5. Black Orchid
    6. Truth or Dare Naked
    7. Villain for Women

Quote Originally Posted by xoxoMyke View Post
    The Common Scents/PureBodyOil/BodyOils4Less (yes, a company selling under three different names and sites) is just a mess. They're "oils" are highly diluted. While price is good, in this case, you get what you pay for.
    Yes, I am always suspicious of a company that has different names. I will check out your suggestion, Exotic Oils website, later. :-)
    Last edited by Allen-on-Holiday; 13th June 2014 at 05:24 PM.

Don't forget King's Palace (link is to discount code) - not by any stretch of the imagination 'knock offs', but oils.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php