Code of Conduct

Unhappy Projection dies too fast in Joop Homme & does it really helps in getting compliments from females

I read a lot about Joop Homme that it has got wonderful projection and longetivity so I blindly bought 125 ml of Joop Homme. I am really sad to tell that projection dies too fast even after applying 3 sprays. I am from the part of the world where humidity is too high and summer presence will be there almost 8 months in a year.
    I am curious to know whether high humidity which causes hell lot of sweat making Joop Homme projection to die fast? Or is it not suiting my skin type? Does Joop Homme works well in extreme hot and sweaty conditions because for me its not working fine. I was expecting more based on the reviews I read
    Also does it really attracts females?

Please guys tell your views !!!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Projection dies too fast in Joop Homme & does it really helps in getting compliments from female

I am glad to rightly guess that it must be your nose tuning out the powerful sillage of the beast that is Joop Homme! Especially in the hot and humid conditions you live in, which is similar to my environment. J!H performs and endures well in warm and moist conditions. Others are certainly smelling JH off you. In fact you need to be careful not to overapply just so you can smell it longer. Others might become at-risk
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Default Re: Projection dies too fast in Joop Homme & does it really helps in getting compliments from female

Thank you very much for your views Actually I feel that hell lot of sweating is making the power of joop homme to get vanished.

Here we have a deodarant named as "Kamasutra KS". It is too strong and projectivity is more.I expected Joop Homme to be that much strong but at the same time I thought it will stay with same projection for long time.

Okay can you tell me how much sprays you apply and exactly where we need to apply.
    I cannot apply it on my neck as I get sweaty and wash my face & neck as soon I reach office.

Also, Have you got any positive comments from a lady after applying JH?

Spray some on your clothes. This will increase longevity.

I felt the stain will be there on clothes even after washing so I never tested it on clothes. I dont want to waste my clothes

Thinking the stain in pink color has prevented me in doing it. Have you not experienced any marks on your clothes?

Basenotes Plus

In my opinion one thing Joop definitely doesn't lack is projection and longevity. It's a beast in both aspects.

Hi KBF1972,

Do you think then it has not suited my bodytype? I dont think this product is duplicate as I am much pretty much sure it is original.

Basenotes Plus

It could be your skin or olfactory fatigue

I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by KBF1972 View Post

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Sweat does not adversely affect J!H as much as it would any other frag. Reformulation may be a fact. However it has not weakened the juice in any ordinarily noticeable way, IMO.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by KBF1972 View Post
    Most likely this.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Try Mont Blanc Individuel. It's a better version of Joop and this might solve your issue if you like the scent. If there is another product that is similar and you are having issues with one, maybe the other product will work for you.
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

Trust me. Joop is absolutely a beast. Do not overspray.

We first have to rule out if A)you received a fake bottle. Did you purchase from a trusted source? Or B)the fact that Joop may now be going the way of the "watering down" or being made weaker either for,1)saving the company money or 2)catering to today's taste of the masses that seem to want things that no one else can smell lest they be offended or.....both of those things.

So, make sure that your bottle is fresh and authentic and/or see if you can find a tester in a reputable store to compare it to and if all checks out, see if you have a friend that has a bottle of Joop and compare your bottle to his and perhaps track down an older bottle to compare yours to, assuming that it is authentic.

Thank you KBF1972, sjg3839 & hednic for your inputs
    Even I feel the same way now.

Hello Pirop,
    The link which you gave was really helpful.The No.17 post in that link has shown 3 types of reformulation. Unfortunately I have 3rd type of bottle

Hello Chados,
    Just click on the link given by Pirop. The bottle which I am having is not a beast. I came to know from that link that I am having the weakest reformualtion bottle.

Hello Evogel,
    Thank you for the great piece of advice Unfortunately I don't have any friend who is using Joop Homme. The bottle I asked my friend to get it from one of the reputable store in Dubai.
    Last edited by Alpha1; 15th May 2014 at 05:56 AM.

Hi UKisGR8,

I read the reviews for Mont Blanc Individuel from "Fragrantica" website and it really sounds good after reading positive reviews about it.
    I should definitely give it a try in future. Thank you so much

If you don't think JOOP has projection, I think this may be helpful.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Oh god!!! that was a great piece of explanation from you in that link.
    Hats off !!! Now I have a clear understanding of olfactory fatigue.

Meanwhile, in which parts in your body you spray and how many sprays you apply?

In a nutshell - Joop is strong, it does project, and it does last - a lot of women like it - for a slightly "softer" Joop may I suggest the inexpensive Cadillac - very similar with a softer projection and women like it too - longevity is about 6-7 hours usually maybe not QUITE as long as Joop on some but a longer time with the 'soft" time, and less with the WHOA! time

Quote Originally Posted by UKisGR8 View Post
    Try Mont Blanc Individuel. It's a better version of Joop and this might solve your issue if you like the scent. If there is another product that is similar and you are having issues with one, maybe the other product will work for you.
    Mont Blanc Individuel has less projection/longevity than Joop in my opinion. They do smell similar to one another though. Alpha1 try spraying on your undershirts if you wear any, otherwise, spray your Hair (if you have any) chest and arms since you will not be washing those off as a result of sweating. Apart from that, you may need to buy a lil atomizer and carry a decant with you to reapply. Joop is very strong and i doubt it disappears as fast as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    In a nutshell - Joop is strong, it does project, and it does last - a lot of women like it - for a slightly "softer" Joop may I suggest the inexpensive Cadillac - very similar with a softer projection and women like it too - longevity is about 6-7 hours usually maybe not QUITE as long as Joop on some but a longer time with the 'soft" time, and less with the WHOA! time
    I too heard about Cadillac as one of my friend is having it. He told he feels it to be very masculine so he admires it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    I too heard about Cadillac as one of my friend is having it. He told he feels it to be very masculine so he admires it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    Mont Blanc Individuel has less projection/longevity than Joop in my opinion. They do smell similar to one another though. Alpha1 try spraying on your undershirts if you wear any, otherwise, spray your Hair (if you have any) chest and arms since you will not be washing those off as a result of sweating. Apart from that, you may need to buy a lil atomizer and carry a decant with you to reapply. Joop is very strong and i doubt it disappears as fast as you think.
    Chest is fine but in arms means exactly at which area? Generally how much sprays you apply and where?

My belated opinion: never had problems with this fragrance's projection, almost irrespective where and how many sprays I applied. But then again, I always perceived this fragrance as almost slightly too strong, so I might be a bit biased.

Anyway nice to hear your point of view Ken
    I hope you are a fan of Joop HOmme

I think Joop homme is a bit like Creed Original Santal. When I wear OS I can't smell it after couple of hours, while others can smell it from a long distance.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    If you don't think JOOP has projection, I think this may be helpful.
    + 1...great synopsis
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

Get the vintage version, that thing projects like a beast OMG. I used my bottle up, I will have to go hunting for a vintage bottle soon.