Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Luca Turin Reviews Amouage Opus Vlll and Balenciaga Florabotanicas at Style.com Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by luca turin View Post
    You will no doubt be amazed to hear that you are not the first person to ask this question.
    Haha I know. Don't mean to bash you. You're an expert but I just cannot agree with you on everything. However I'm gonna try out tauer and if I also give this a 5 star. I will be the first to admit it.

Default Re: Luca Turin Reviews Amouage Opus Vlll and Balenciaga Florabotanicas at Style.com Arabia

I just don't agree with his taste. Is he a good reviewer? Yes. . What I was meaning was that I don't understand why people listen when it comes to his taste since people normally don't agree. If any I think his doing a good job when people are actually listening even though they don't agree

Quote Originally Posted by Chados View Post
    I just don't agree with his taste. Is he a good reviewer? Yes. . What I was meaning was that I don't understand why people listen when it comes to his taste since people normally don't agree. If any I think his doing a good job when people are actually listening even though they don't agree
    Lots of people agree, and lots of people don't. I find myself agreeing at times, and not others, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest when something I like gets slated or they praise something that I find to be insipid. I go for the writing more than anything which is consistently brilliant in both its perceptiveness and its snark. L+S aren't godheads, and they don't claim to be—they're simply sharing their thoughts on perfumery based on their experience but deliver them through their distinctive sleights of hand. Enjoy the writing for what it is, learn what you can, and then go experience the scents for yourself!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Chados View Post
    I just don't agree with his taste.
    [QUOTE=Chados;3187413]
    There are a few reviewers I enjoy reading whose tastes and mine don't necessarily collide every time (and why on earth should they be expected to?) but their reviews often reveal aspects of a fragrance which hadn't occurred to me and are enjoyable pieces of writing.
    If they're amusing, it's a bonus
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

I get it. If you enjoy it then read it. Heck even i can find it interesting. I just don't understand how he can have so different taste compared to most people and yet people read it. If this was sport and he was a commentator it would be so different that's all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by luca turin View Post
    You will no doubt be amazed to hear that you are not the first person to ask this question.
    Luca,

sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm wondering if you can confirm whether you and Tania are working on a new perfume book, and if so, what does the book cover ? e.g new fragrances released since the late 2000's, further news on reformulation of classics etc.

Thanks and apologies for the temporary hijack.

Ciao

Quote Originally Posted by Paul P View Post
    I'm wondering if you can confirm whether you and Tania are working on a new perfume book, and if so, what does the book cover ? e.g new fragrances released since the late 2000's, further news on reformulation of classics etc.
    Ciao
    Hi Paul: Thank you for asking. Yes and Yes, but things are a bit slow at the mo due to other commitments.

Luca,

thanks for that.

Are you able to give a rough date for publication ?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul P View Post
    Luca,

thanks for that.

Are you able to give a rough date for publication ?
    Not yet, but things will become clearer in the next few months.

I loved the analogy to the Philippe Starck Ghost Chair. I hadn't ever seen one before, but as soon as I saw the photo, I thought of comedian Eddie Izzard saying, "Et voilà!" The preponderance of new synthetic perfumes are but different styles of this same chair.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    I loved the analogy to the Philippe Starck Ghost Chair. I hadn't ever seen one before, but as soon as I saw the photo, I thought of comedian Eddie Izzard saying, "Et voilà!" The preponderance of new synthetic perfumes are but different styles of this same chair.
    Aint that the truth!
    Currently wearing: White Flowers by Creed