Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Thursday, 15 May, 2014.

Hi everyone - have a super day!

Eva Kant - O'Driu.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Thursday, 15 May, 2014.

ClaireV I didn’t know you were in the Balkans, I remember holidaying in Dubrovnik a few years back and falling in love with the white marble streets. I wished I could have stayed longer but Capri was calling and who am I to refuse? Btw Cuir de Russie parfum modern incarnate is a must for sampling, more animalic than the EdT. If you like horsey (Frou? Where are you?) then have a sniff of L’Heure Fougueuse. I get a bit of warm animal but the combination of smoke tea, florals and sweet hay is just beautiful. La Treizieme Heure is like wearing L’Heure Fougueuse around a campfire. I’m just gently shoving you down this rabbit hole . Jon and Mike are fans of some of this line too so the company is top notch.

Cello noooooo! Not the Dior Homme!

Mike lots of fluids and rest. You poor thing dodgy aircon and now sick.

((Jujy)) I hope the Vega helped.

Coup de Fouet today, got through the eye watering opening which says a lot about the magic of the dry down on my skin. I NEED to make some time to watch the music clips from the past couple of days but for now I’m blowing you all kisses and racing off to ballet class.

Guerlinade tonight, the spicy lilac is just sublime. Enjoy your day.

Last edited by Xscent; 15th May 2014 at 09:29 AM. Reason: bloody auto correct
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Basenotes Plus

Hi everyone! It is unseasonably cold here in Montenegro - usually it would be around 22-24 degrees Celcius by now, but the temperatures are at around 14 degrees...brrr! I am wrapped up warm and huddled down in Coromandel, which is delicious.

(((Jujy))) I hope your son gets the help he needs, and that the Vega gave you some comfort. My heart goes out to you.

Twolf and Cestrum -- so thrilled you liked the Goran Bregovic vid and music. Cestrum, I loved the dancing in the video you posted - very exotic! I wish I could dance. But even my three year old son tells me to stop when I attempt it.

Cello - oh please satisfy my curiosity and post the list of your top twenty five! Since we seem to be scent soul twins on the matter of Bois des Iles and Bois d'Iris, I am dying to find out what else you have on that list of yours.

On the subject of top twenty-five lists, I have been working towards building a collection of my own top twenty five full bottles. Now, I have more than that at the moment, but most of them are crappy designer stuff I picked up before I started this hobby in earnest. I am still in my sampling phase and expect to be there until the end of the year, but then to really start building my collection of HG full bottles in 2015. However, I am on a very limited schedule, because my contract is up at the end of August and it is likely that I will have to be a stay at home mom with no income coming in, so no dosh to spend on this hobby. So I have got to figure out what I really like by the end of this year from my current samples, then start investing very, very slowly, one bottle at a time, next year, spending no more than 150 euros every three months. In a way, I am looking forward to being forced to cut right back, because it will force me to be more selective and therefore value what I have more deeply. But the transition will hurt! Ack....

Hugs Jujy. You are the saint of patience and love.

Thanks you Ipp, I'm sharing today with Eva Kant for fun.

Good morning everyone It was haaard getting up this morning. I literally had to roll myself out of the bed and onto the floor At least I have time off until tuesday after this shift. Sotd is No 5 parfum. I felt I deserved to wear it today Enjoy your day all

Hello all, Diptyque Eau de Lavande.
    DONNA

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Lalique pour Homme Equus today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Couldn't resist the Jicky today. Six dips of the extrait layered with 4 sprays of the eau de parfum should do the trick. My bottle of vintage Jicky extrait should be here Saturday .
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone. Givenchy Amarige for me. I know its haters are legion but it's lovely lightly applied. I have a soft spot for it because I wore it exclusively when my teenager was an infant. Smelling it again is like a trip back to 1997. By Dominique Ropion.

Notes include mandarin, neroli, violet leaves, rosewood, gardenia, red fruit, ylang-ylang, acacia farnesiana, mimosa, musk, vanilla, tonka bean, woods, ambergris

Take care all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

Hi all,

l too will have to go back & watch the music videos later.

Mike; for my impressions of Wit, see the Sample of the Day thread. For me it's a like, but not quite a love, yet.

After a lazy start to the day, l'm off outside to tend my garden, wearing Child perfume oil; a tiny decant from a special basenoter a while back.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Thursday, 15 May, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning, everyone -

I'm in Repetto, and playing the piano for my tiny ballerinas for the last time today ...well, for several months at least, but probably forever ...and that sounds a lot sadder than I wanted it to, lol. It'd be nice if they have a place for me when I return in the fall, but I can't hang my hopes on it. I'm not thinking about that too much right now, though; I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, of course, and I know whatever happens will be for a good reason, but I sure will miss those darling little tots!

Hugs for ((mike)) and ((jujy)).
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Mocha, how great is insurance, eh? What a relief.
    (((Shades))) and (((Shades))) for things present and past.
    (((Jujy))) You're right, it's very good news that your son is seeking help.
    (((Mike))) Wishing you all forms of comfort.
    ComDiva, dance like nobody’s watching, sing like nobody’s in the next lane.

I'm excited about the latest email from Lucky Scent announcing that Nana de Bary has, after several years, released four new fragrances. Her Nanadebary Green is a huge favorite, and the descriptions from the four new ones sound very, very good.

Right now I'm smelling my hands, having turned Yves Rocher Purple Lilac shower gel into my powder room’s hand wash. Most pleasant.

It's raining here again and chilly. Cool enough that Bois des Iles should feel comfy for a trip to the dental hygienist and grocery store.

Tomorrow I'm getting 15 tons of gravel dumped in the driveway, and I need to cart it to all the niches where it belongs before June 16 when a group of women is coming to tour the old school. Some of them will need access to the no-steps entrance around back, so the driveway has to be cleared of all 15 tons. I just need the weather to accommodate and clients to stay throttled down for the next few weeks. I know I've been talking about stone, gravel, riprap, pavers,mulch, utility poles, and RR ties for years now, but 2014 should be the last hurrah for the big-and-heavies. Next year I hope to be doing “pinky out” gardening, as we refer to it around here — oh, except for the giant bird effigy mound my shovel and I are going to build.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Hello. Today I am wearing TF Champaca Absolute. Bracing for another 100+ degree day. Yuck!

Chanel Platinum Egoiste

Morning all! I'm going to wear Dior Homme today just so Xscent does not disown me Don't worry Xscent, this one stays solid as an all time favorite, it is just that I am not sure I can honestly say top 5 anymore. VC&A Bois d'Iris has tugged at me all winter, and I think has worked it's way above the Dior.

ClaireV, that sounds like a great plan, and trust me, it is better to sample and be sure rather than rush into a bunch of bottles. I may list a few favs, but the reality is that I have actually sampled some fragrances over the last year that I loved much more than many of the bottles in my wardrobe. So I am thinking of a reorganization to help me figure out what I really love to wear, and there may be a few purchases along the way. My wardrobe needs to go on a diet Even some Chanels are looking a little unloved at the moment (28 La Pausa).

Here are 5 that I adore, in no particular order:
    PG Cuir Ottoman
    Arquiste Anima Dulcis
    SL Douce Amere
    Mauboussin by Mauboussin
    Ava Luxe No. 23

Mancera Aoud Sandroses

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I'm wearing House of Matriarch Blackbird today....so gross out this week here in Chicago...Hope everyone is doing well.

Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

queen of the universe

Good morning and thank you, thank you, for all the kind wishes. Going with energizing Acaciosa extrait this morning. About to call the hospital social worker, my son's case manager, and the lawyer re: guardianship. I will especially want to hear from the SW and the CM, as the big decision to make is what living situation would be best for him. He ought to be able to live where he has grown up, where he has friends and family. That waiting list is long. Weigh/measure/think, and try not to cry.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Sorry to hear all that, jujy54 - hang in there.

Basenotes Institution

Quarry - 'pinkie out gardening' made me giggle - and I also thought of you when I saw that email from Luckyscent about Nana's new scents.
    ClaireV - I didn't know you were in Montenegro, for some reason I thought you lived in the US
    jujy54 - HUGS for you & your son

No A/C issues last night (Hallelujah!) and my fever broke last night so I slept really well and woke up feeling much better. Not 100% - but an improvement. I think I'm going to get a massage tonight - I need it.

Busy day at the office, Velvet Underground & Nico playing in the background, I felt like wearing something naughty and a bit skunky so it was:

Oud Luban by Aftelier Perfumes

Sort of a risk, wearing oud in summer to the office. But I was like 'F*ck it!' Plus this wears very close to the skin. If someone leans in close to me today, they're gonna get a whiff of animal butt. They'll just have to deal with it.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Morning all! Continuing to welcome our summery weather with Bel Respiro. Tonight the Mr and I are going to a small food & cooking bookstore to see a reading by Ruth Reichl.

Basenotes Plus

[QUOTE=Xscent;3150100]ClaireV I didn’t know you were in the Balkans, I remember holidaying in Dubrovnik a few years back and falling in love with the white marble streets. I wished I could have stayed longer but Capri was calling and who am I to refuse? Btw Cuir de Russie parfum modern incarnate is a must for sampling, more animalic than the EdT. If you like horsey (Frou? Where are you?) then have a sniff of L’Heure Fougueuse. I get a bit of warm animal but the combination of smoke tea, florals and sweet hay is just beautiful. La Treizieme Heure is like wearing L’Heure Fougueuse around a campfire. I’m just gently shoving you down this rabbit hole . Jon and Mike are fans of some of this line too so the company is top notch.

Xscent, I do not think your shoving me down the rabbit hole could ever be called gentle, my dear! I am now dying to try L'Heure Fougueuse, and I have been trying my best to ignore that entire line of exclusives because of the price, thank you very much! But aaah....those notes do sound right up my alley...

I love Dubrovnik too - Montenegro is just right next door. If you watch Game of Thrones, most of the scenes from King's Landing are filmed in and around Dubrovnik!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Quarry - 'pinkie out gardening' made me giggle - and I also thought of you when I saw that email from Luckyscent about Nana's new scents.
    ClaireV - I didn't know you were in Montenegro, for some reason I thought you lived in the US
    jujy54 - HUGS for you & your son

No A/C issues last night (Hallelujah!) and my fever broke last night so I slept really well and woke up feeling much better. Not 100% - but an improvement. I think I'm going to get a massage tonight - I need it.

Busy day at the office, Velvet Underground & Nico playing in the background, I felt like wearing something naughty and a bit skunky so it was:

Oud Luban by Aftelier Perfumes

Sort of a risk, wearing oud in summer to the office. But I was like 'F*ck it!' Plus this wears very close to the skin. If someone leans in close to me today, they're gonna get a whiff of animal butt. They'll just have to deal with it.
    Mike, I had no idea you were ill, you poor thing - I don't know how I missed that in the SOTD yesterday. Anyway, so glad you are feeling better! And there ain't nothing wrong with some animal butt odors radiating out of the pores of a fine young thing such as yourself (or at least I assume that you are a fine thing, Mike, but we have yet to see those shirtless photos that you dangled so temptingly in front of us last week, hint hint...)

ClaireV, thanks so much for sharing the Goran Bregovic song! Wonderful stuff. I tend to sing more stuff on the Bulgarian/Macedonian side of things: http://www.forsyths.addr.com/zdravets/late_harvest.html

And Cestrum you're very sweet to compliment my voice unheard, but trust me, I only *wish* I could sound like Ileana Cotrubas... Also, I think the true opera aficionados here will back me up on the fact that Schubert lieder, while lovely, are considered kinda light-weights compared to, well, "real" opera. I still love 'em, though.

And thank you also for sharing the Latcho Drom video. I've had it downloaded on my iTunes account for years - While it's definitely an acquired taste, I think it's awesome nonetheless. Thanks so much for sharing it around and reminding me of all the great singing/dancing on it.

Continued hugs to jujy and anyone else in need, and a special pinky-out toast to Quarry just 'cause.

SOTD: I woke up thinking about yesterday's discussion of the Lutens line in general (scent-obsessed much?). I happen to be a fan of many of his fragrances, both what I think of as the "classic" warm fragrances (Chergui, Cedre, Ambre Sultan) and some of the "cold" ones, too (Encens et Lavande, Bas de Soie),I *almost* channeled Evangeline this morning and reached for SL Bas de Soie , but then decided I was in the mood for leather. And for leather with class, I think it's pretty darn hard to beat Daim Blond.

Daim Blond notes: Iris Pallida, apricot kernel, cardamom from Ceylon, musk, heliotrope, hawthorn.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 15th May 2014 at 03:13 PM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Good morning everyone, you all smell so lovely. Meanwhile I'm sitting here in Bath & Body Works Love, Love, Love which I begrudgingly sprayed on myself trying to find a replacement for my teenage daughter's favorite scent. It smells like fruity wine but it has way too much sweet vanilla in it. If anyone can help, I'm sure it's you ladies and gentlemen, I started a thread about it and I'm hoping to get some suggestions as these kind of scents are way outside of my area of familiarity. I can't wait to shower and put on something earthy and dirty.

Blog Entries

Q; what on earth is a "giant bird effigy mound"?!? l love to read your big-and-heavy gardening stories, your strength & stamina is mightily impressive!

l stuck to "pinky out" gardening on this warm spring day, now l'm freshly showered & wearing Une Fleur de Cassie.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all !. Jujy, wishing your son all the very best in his recuperation - good on him for taking the initiative.

Cestrum, you really have my sympathy. Your weather sounds unbearably extreme and I hope you get some respite ASAP. Feeling somewhat guilty now as temperatures are only around 70 degrees here today and I'm complaining already . OK .

Xscent, isn't Dubrovnik a delight ?. We had some family holidays in the area and it was always an architectural highlight, brimming with history and culture.

Claire, please come and join Xscent, Mike, and myself down the Les Heures rabbit hole - it smells wonderful down here

Santa Maria Novella Ginestra.

Teardrop, Child perfume oil rings a bell - I can hazard a fair guess who that came from

Cello, ditch the Dior !

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 15th May 2014 at 04:15 PM.

After showering and scrubbing a nondescript white flower and musk remains. I didn't want to use anything I'm still testing so I put on some Ego Facto Jamais le Dimanche. It smells like salt, sea lettuce, and cannabis with a whiff of fresh fish carcass and incense. It's not a favorite but it's a definite cover-all for sweetness.

I'm intrigued also by the giant bird effigy mound, sounds like a lot of work but I want one!!!

Cello!! Can't believe you love Mauboussin and Douce Amere
    as much as I do. Great taste girl.
    I have been doing a day's voluntary work wearing AA Flora Nerolia.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Blog Entries

Hermés- Doblis
    Vintage parfum
    From a sample.
    This is very rare now, sadly.
    Re-released in 2004 and already discontinued.
    Warm, buttery leather with floral notes.
    Joyous, lost to the perfume police.

queen of the universe

Made all the important phone calls this morning, lolling about on a rainy afternoon waiting for some to be returned. Will visit son late afternoon. SOTA is still Caron, the lovely spiky, complex infini.
    P1030778.jpg

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Creed Green Valley.

A spritz of Mauboussin.

Blog Entries

Jon, l am certain you guessed right.

(((jujy)))

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Teardrop, how you do indulge me.
    LivelyupURself, go for it! At least a little turtle mound is do-able by anyone.

Between 700 BC and AD 0, pottery, domesticated plants, and the practice of building earthen burial mounds were introduced [to the Upper Midwest area around Wisconsin, Iowa, Ohio] … patterns of living remained relatively stable until the beginning of the Late Woodland stage, between AD 600 and AD 900. … Within a span of only a couple centuries, a new and distinctive culture that archaeologists call "Effigy Mound" arose. The culture is named for the distinctive burial moundsSome effigies are recognizable as birds, animals such as bear or deer, spirit animals, or people.

Image of Great Serpent Mound, Ohio, from landscapeonline.com.
    Photo by Soichi Sunami.

When topsoil was excavated in preparation for installing our gravel driveway two years ago, I had the crew drop the soil where I plan to shape it into an effigy mound. For as long as I can remember, barn swallows have returned from their southern wintering grounds to nest in the rafters of one of the garages my father built. A swallow will be our “spirit animal” represented as flying due north. It may measure 35 feet, wing tip to wing tip, and about three feet tall. I expect our passing pets, and possibly even my own ashen remains, will reside within (though I prefer my ashes be tuckpointed between the fossil-embedded limestones of our house, to help facilitate my haunting the joint). I'll probably seed it with a native grass called sideoats grama.

Swallow figure over google satellite image.

Segueing from Bois des Iles to Bois de Violette—a pretty reasonable transition.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Blog Entries

Wow Q, that's awesome! And one heck of a lot of work, but l have no doubt you're up to the job. Just don't turn to ashes anytime soon, ok?

C K Be

Hello again -

I'm in Dior Addict for the evening ...y'all have a good one.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quarry that swallow mound will be fantastic! I'm quite jealous now. I live a few miles from Great Serpent Mound and I have been there hundreds of times, how fabulous to design and construct one of your own.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LivelyupURself View Post
    Quarry that swallow mound will be fantastic! I'm quite jealous now. I live a few miles from Great Serpent Mound and I have been there hundreds of times, how fabulous to design and construct one of your own.
    What are the odds? I'm dumbfounded. How cool are you.

SotE is Borneo 1834. ( ( Jujy)) Hope it all turns out well

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    What are the odds? I'm dumbfounded. How cool are you.
    Fort Ancient is nearby, in my childhood hometown, there is a museum there dedicated to mound-building cultures and the Ohio Valley Indians who constructed the mounds. The site itself contains many mounds and other earthworks. I've always been fascinated by them and find both places to be very spiritual. Your mound will be very special when it is completed.

http://www.fortancient.org/archaeolo...tate-memorial-

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961 View Post
    Hello everyone. Givenchy Amarige for me. I know its haters are legion but it's lovely lightly applied. I have a soft spot for it because I wore it exclusively when my teenager was an infant. Smelling it again is like a trip back to 1997. By Dominique Ropion.

Notes include mandarin, neroli, violet leaves, rosewood, gardenia, red fruit, ylang-ylang, acacia farnesiana, mimosa, musk, vanilla, tonka bean, woods, ambergris

Take care all.
    Just wanted to second you on Amarige. I've called it dime-store fabulous because it reminds me of the little girl perfume sets Woolworth's used to carry. My elementary school kids love when Iwear it, too.

Sorry about your recent troubles jujy54, hopefully that all works out for you.

Wearing Yosh Sombre Negra from a sample tonight. Woah, holy patch and orris (I think) definitely a bit much for me...a good scent but a little too vegetal for my liking.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Quarry and rynegne, I have found this topic very interesting! When I lived in Pittsburgh for a couple of years, I did a little exploring - never seeing the mounds, but I always heard about them. Ohio valley stuff, and I guess, drifting a little further west. Ancient people were amazing, and are amazing to study, whether it be casual or in depth. Cool!

I am wearing a tiny bit, as a trial test, of Decennial Lys du Desert tonight. I will write up more in Sample of the Day after a full wear tomorrow or the next, but this one is very true to it's name. Dry amber floral. Dry! Pretty nice so far.

Basenotes Institution

Momma Quarry - your posts are so friendly and a pleasure to read but gosh they're also so informative. You really should have a blog. http://www.mommaquarry.com/ is available. Wanna buy it?
    matildaben - did you get to meet Ms. Reichl?
    ClaireV - thanks dear. Head cold/sinus infection is almost gone. Last night my fever broke in the middle of the night so I knew I'd feel better today, and I did. You HAVE to try L'Heure Fougeuse. There is NOTHING at all that you've ever smelled that smells like it. Truly unique. It's quite original and sort of gets under your skin. My other Cartier exclusive love is III, the Vertueuse (lavender) one. Oh and yeah, the shirtless pictures....they umm...they're in 'production' at this time. Please stand by.
    Livelyupurself - I love that description of that Ego Facto. I've only smelled one of their scents, I think it was Poopoo Pidoo, which if I remember correctly, was supposed to smell like rice powder and on my skin it smelled like corn chips (no lie). That line fascinates me.

Tonight, quite extravagant for a quick trip to Whole Foods, I wore:

Vintage Jicky Parfum de Toilette by Guerlain

I'm still a bit stuffy, so after I sprayed it on I thought to myself 'why the hell did you waste this precious juice on a night when you can barely smell it!' Nonetheless, I can now (at home, shirtless, in front of the computer) smell it. This stuff is just magical. It's hard to capture it in words. It's so nostalgic, classic and most of all: enjoyable to catch a whiff of.

Tonight, at the grocery store, I ran into a lady that knew my ex and I very well - she was the hostess at one of our favorite restaurants. Seeing her was like seeing an old friend - I'd almost forgotten about her and naturally just being around her made me think of my ex and some good memories. It's weird when you have a divorce: you not only lose a partner and material things but there's also this awkward no-mans-land of relationships that were specifically tied to that marriage and once it ends sometimes those fade away as well. I'm not making any judgement on that - I'm just observing it. My first inclination when I saw her, was to run away. I know why. I didn't want to face some of those emotions that come up when I see certain people. Sounds silly - but I am sure I'm not alone in feeling this. Instead I did what I knew I should do - I smiled (she has the most beautiful smile also - she's a gorgeous lady, dresses stylishly, used to be a runway model), walked over and gave her a hug. She hugged me back really tightly. It was beautiful.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing L de Lolita Lempicka today. Did someone say this was DC'd? Probably should buy a back-up if that's the case.

Quarry, your swallow effigy mound sounds fantastic! So very cool. Thank you for the hugs ... I just knew you would know.

hugs to all, and sending extra hugs to jujy and son and to Mike tonight ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

queen of the universe

SOTN will be Weil Noir. Just a few applications left, and when it's done, it's done. Quite tenacious an fabric—I may save the last bit for my mom's fur coat this fall (in storage for the summer).

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Caron Yatagan tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Oh, Mike. You put your emotions to words, and they are beautiful and real. I think you are a very strong person, and have dealt with your difficulties much better than many I know, including myself.

Night all!

Boy I'm ashamed to say I've missed so much going on, due to my stupid flood drama. Hugs to all who need it.

Jujy, take care of yourself, as well as your son. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk over anything about guardianship, because I know a tiny bit about that.

Mike, much sympathy. This won't exactly mend a broken heart, but I have a sample of the new Atelier Cologne sandalwood, and I would be happy to send it along to my favorite sandalwood expert.

Quarry, 15 tons of gravel make you a far better woman than me. Spray on some Marni, put on the back brace, and you go, girl.

It's rainy and in the 40s today. It's all my fault, Rynegne: it was so hot last weekend that I had the a/c guy out this week to check out the system for summer. If I had done nothing it would still be in the 80s.

Still I took advantage of the cool spring weather and wore my Le Labo Iris 39.

Mike, I'm giggling at the thought of walking up to the fragrance counter and asking the sales clerk to show me a bottle of Poopoo Pidoo. I quite like the smell of rice powder, too bad it smells like corn chips instead.