Code of Conduct

Default Vintage Guerlain 3 piece 2ml box set - Does anybody know more about this?

Hey,

I'm not a collector and not very knowledgable in this field, but I do have a weak spot for Guerlain fragrances. Especially for Shalimar. I've never smelt a vintage version, but I would love to so much! Now I've stumbled upon an ad of someone nearby, who has this sample box for sale.
    It's a box containing three 2ml samples of Shalimar, Samsara, and Mitsouko, all full. Since it's easy to pick up, I thought this would be a nice opportunity to smell it, in the assumption that its vintage.

Now that is basically the problem; I don't have any clue on which period this is from, and what I should pay for this thing. I'm completely in the dark..

I did some research but couldn't find much apart from a few listings on ebay, they were assumed to be from the 80's. Prices were also all over the place, so that doesn't help much.

So I was wondering if any of you guys know more about such an item, and what period it may be from?

All the best!
    Aswinbox1.jpgbox2.jpg

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Vintage Guerlain 3 piece 2ml box set - Does anybody know more about this?

Hi & welcome, aswin!

Someone else will know more but I'd guess it's 1980's packaging.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Vintage Guerlain 3 piece 2ml box set - Does anybody know more about this?

1980's was the time period when they used the black/gold packaging, as far as I know.
    Selling used bottles of vintage Heritage Eau de Parfum (Guerlain), Anima Dulcis (Arquiste), Noel au Balcon (ELDO), Santal de Mysore (Serge Lutens), Aedes de Vensutas (L'Artisan) and more, click HERE

I didn't want to say, but 80's is what I 'thought' was the time frame too, due to the black and gold. However, Samsara launched in 89, so it would have been late 80's.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Definitely late 1980s-early 1990s.
    Perfumes are the souls of flowers...