Code of Conduct

Default Another threat about how to get irone alpha in the us

Hi,

I am looking for a small quantity of irone alpha. (E.g. 1-2 grams) I know this is a perennial question, and may not be worth starting a new thread, but the previous threads I am aware of (http://www.basenotes.net/threads/373...a-Irone-source and http://www.basenotes.net/threads/295...nd-Alpha-Irone) make my quest seem like a dead end.

So, here it is again: do any of you have suggestion as to how to get my hands on irone alpha in the US? I havenít made any progress looking for options online, but maybe I am missing something. I live in the NYC area, but I havenít made any progress finding options locally.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

R

Default Re: Another threat about how to get irone alpha in the us

Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    Gold Medal for "Best Aroma"; Los Angeles Artisan Fragrance Salon

You could try requesting a sample from Vigon
    http://www.vigon.com/ironealpha.aspx

Boy, David's going to love this threat..
    Anyhow, from what I've seen your only options would be Hermitage or Perfumer's World. Both might be expensive on shipping, but look at it this way - some of us have to keep paying those shipping fees both for shipping from the US and from Europe..

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    Hi! For some reason I was under the assumption that they don't ship to the US, my bad. I will consider getting it from them if I can't find any other option, though their 75GBP minimum for international orders is extremely prohibitive.

Thanks!
    Last edited by OhRats; 16th May 2014 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nizan View Post
    Anyhow, from what I've seen your only options would be Hermitage or Perfumer's World.
    I have heard lots of good things about hermitage from people in the UK, so I'm assuming they are reliable. I haven't found much about ordering from perfumer's world. Do you have experience ordering from perfumer's world? If so, do they seem to be reliable, and to have good quality chems?

Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by luigi_g View Post
    You could try requesting a sample from Vigon
    http://www.vigon.com/ironealpha.aspx
    Hmm, can they be convinced to send samples to individuals? I thought they only sell to registered companies, or at least to people willing to buy bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nizan View Post
    this threat..
    Typos galore!

Quote Originally Posted by OhRats View Post
    Hmm, can they be convinced to send samples to individuals? I thought they only sell to registered companies, or at least to people willing to buy bulk.
    Vigon will want to establish your credential before they will send you any of their free samples Iím afraid. If they didnít do that theyíd be forever sending samples to every hobbyist in the US and beyond, at vast cost to themselves. On the other hand if you can do that, and are willing to buy a few Kg of things from them, then they will happily send you some Iíve no doubt.

Happy irone hunting!
    ďA person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person
    ― Dave Barry

Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

I've ordered from Perfumer's World twice. I can't really compare to other vendors, as I usually order one of each, but I guess their products are ok. I'm not saying great - not sure why.. Could be the bottles they ship in, or could be the quality. Shipping is a bit slow to Israel, and they take some time before shipping after things are settled via email.

Thank you all for your input! I am starting to think that the easiest way might be for me to befriend local noses..

The hunt continues!