Code of Conduct

Default How many bottles/decant from your collection would you part with?

Surprisingly I only have two and they are guerlain vetiver and habit rouge. It must be because of the reforms. In general I love guerlain. I find this surprising that I really enjoy all of my scents and none are just taking up space. Some frags don't get worn for a long time, but when I get around to them it's a joy. It's difficult to even swap decants. The only one that I had to get rid of was roja dove enigma.

Default Re: How many bottles/decant from your collection would you part with?

I've purged my collection and I'd say I still have about 10-15 bottles I don't wear and could easily part with...probably equal parts decants.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Would you part with Sahara noir?

About 10 of them. Will be giving them to my son. He's into fragrances as well.

believe it or not. i actually split all of my Creation E. i like the bottle so i keep it with like 5ml in there. it is just not for me. I dont get the fuss about it. On my skin it is like creamy root beer. also give me headache

I would say about 4 or 5 bottles. I refined my small collection over the years so that almost all my full bottles are "second bottle" worthy.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

None. No reason to.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I checked my wardrobe and 5 or 6 are so-so.

I parted with two bottles yesterday. I sold D&G Pour Homme and LaCoste Blanc (1212 or whatever numbers go with it). I will part with a few more soon but it won't really make a dent in the collection. For the most part, I have no reason to part with 90% of my collection.
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

My current wardrobe is not totally up to date but of the 76 listed, 43 would be given away with little/no problem

I suppose that in itself does make me ask certain questions...

Of 90 full bottles there are currently 17 that I would part with.

I go through phases of acquiring, leaving then selling. Just finishing a selling phase - vintage bottles of M7, Derby, Xeryus and Heritage. Of what I have left, there is a bottle of Jules that may be sold eventually if I tire of it.

I've got about 20 I could willingly part with. Mainly, it's because I've refined my taste. However, my sales efforts so far haven't gone for so I'm not sure how easy it will be to make a dent in the existing collection.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Of my 90 bottles, I think I could easily part with about 35. I just feel bad that I don't wear them enough, and also, I think I never really loved them as much as I do the ones that would stay. Poor little bottles...

No way haha. I did a complete 180 with that one. At first, I didn't like it much...then I wore it outside of Nordstrom (thankfully I brought a sample home) and I fell in love with the warm sweet frankincense.

Quote Originally Posted by elevation View Post
    Would you part with Sahara noir?
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Very few, I guess 5 at most, and only if among the highly underused fragrances in the collection (getting very little SOTD time).

20 or so, I suppose. Some cheapies I never wear, along with more expensive ones I don't care for. Looking at my wardrobe, and knowing I have given away over a dozen bottles for free already, makes me realize that I have made a lot of unwise purchases over the years!