Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default S.O.T.D. - Friday, 16 May, 2014.

Hi everyone - happy Friday!

Chypre Palatin.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Friday, 16 May, 2014.

Hello all.

Creed Santal Impérial
    DONNA

queen of the universe

Good early morning. I woke up too early to a delightful bird near my window and a plaintive train horn in the distance—and no road traffic sounds. 4 a.m., in other words. The bird had a four note/two note call, kind of like "Whaddaya know? Cheer up! Whaddaya know cheer up!" and a few variations.

Now, with what shall I synch? Seeing as spring is here and sumer is icumen in, the challenge to find something I haven't worn in a year will have me seeking out a summer fragrance. Ah! It will be either Oscar dela Renta's Volupte, a melony green floral,or Myrurgia's classic Nueva Maja, floral aldehyde that makes me think of Manuel da Falla's "Nights in the Gardens of Spain." Nueva Maja it is!

Thanks for all the kind wishes re: my son. My daughter has been by my side through this and he has a good case manager. It's time to make a big move, which is to figure out his next living situation. The priority is that he not have to move across town or into some dicey neighborhood. There are some good group living and supported apartment plans in our neck of the woods, hopefully one has an opening or at least a waiting list that's not too long. DS is in his early 20s, a time for any young man to live away from family. Had a good visit with him and his nurse on duty last evening. I'm feeling heartened.

And now for some music. First, this:

Now, the quintessential interpreter:
    Last edited by jujy54; 16th May 2014 at 09:06 AM.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

´morning Ladies,

,,,,,,,,N° 19, vintage (80s) EDT

Happy Friday.
    Bottega Veneta Eau Legere
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Basenotes Plus

(((((Jujy)))))

Shalimar Ode a la Vanille Sur la Route du Mexique

Best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

I've just opened the most fabulous parcel. A delivery from Fragonard in Paris, containing a bottle of their Patchouli EdT and some of the most gloriously perfumed soaps that I think I've ever met. Their orange blossom is perfuming my entire house with the 'summer in a bottle' that is neroli and the fragrance that they just call 'Monsieur' is just heavenly.

I started out the day in Ô de Lancome, joining the lovely weather today with a very summery fragrance and I've just added in a little of the Patchouli and they go together rather well actually.

I'm suddenly rather fond of the Fragonard site actually. Reasonably priced and beautifully fragranced goods with freebies and samples thrown in too, and delivered all the way from France in only 3 days from order. I've known lots of sites in the UK that couldn't manage that

I hope that everybody is having a good day
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Friday, 16 May, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Amouage Epic Man today.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Juicy Couture Dirty English today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone! I forgot about the sync today, so I am wearing my decant of 31 Rue Cambon.

I will try to sync tonight for dinner out with my Dad and stepmother - now what will I wear??? I haven't worn Black Orchid in a while so I could wear that.

Good morning, everyone -

I'm in a bit of vintage Aliage for tennis, 70s "Sport Fragrance Spray."

Y'all have a great day!

More encouraging hugs to you and your son, ((jujy)), and thanks for the beautiful Falla. Alicia de Larrocha was (and still is) an absolute favorite of mine, a major influence and a huge source of inspiration. What a wonderful way to start the day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

In synch with the original Halston from 1975. It was a gift from my husband way back then. Of course, like everything else I understand it had been reformulated since then. I haven't tried the new version. The old one is a chypre. It is nice to wear this old friend on a rainy day here in Philadelphia.

Have a nice day everyone.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Out of synch today, but instead finishing a sample I have had for ages, L'Artisan Passage d'Enfer. Just a tiny bit left of this delicate white floral incense. Happy Friday!

((Jujy)) and ((Mike)) you handed yourself beautifully. Glad you are felling better.

Quarry you are amazing, an avian mound sounds magnificent. Is it strange I find your ambition to become the ghost of Quarry House entirely admirable?

Cello you are a darling to indulge me. I would never disown a fellow Chanel-ophile. I'm in Dior Homme today.

Jon Dubrovnik was a delight. It was heartening to see the repair and restoration work on all the buildings damaged in the 91 bombings. One of the locals I was chatting to said it somewhat of a blessing in disguise because she got a new roof out of it. There is much to be said about looking on the bright side of life.

In synch tonight with Gucci Eau de Parfum II. I received it as a gift years ago and worn it exactly twice including today. I suspect it won't get a third wearing.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Going through the decant drawer, which I haven't raided for a while, I thought I'd wear Terracotta Voile d’Ete for the sync, but it's evaporated beyond spraying. It's still plenty potent to enjoy as a momentary pleasure, smelling like an earlier Guerlain vintage than its release date of 1999. Perhaps the name is too suggestive, but I do picture orange-brown terra-cotta flower pots or sunset-lit stucco walls in an old garden every time I smell its dusky, soft sweetness.

SFmedusa exalts Fragonard today, and I can get onboard with that by wearing their Rose de Mai, which I've long neglected. It's not heavily weighted with rosewater (yay!), but lifted into green territory by other floral notes and blackcurrant. Supposedly these notes: rose, gardenia, violet, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, ylang-ylang, blackcurrant leaf. Since I dabbed it on, I believe its bright disposition has actually pulled the sun from out behind the clouds.

As you imply, Medusa, soaps sometimes offer a fragrance experience greater than wearing a perfume. The creaminess of Diptyque’s L’Ombre dans L’eau would accompany today’s Rose de Mai very well, given the rose/blackcurrant spine they share.

LifelyupURself, I enjoyed getting lost in thought at the Fort Ancient website. How fleeting are our lives, even our generations. It is all so fantastical to consider the variety of ways our kind have moved through time.

The quarry truck dumped my project in the driveway about 20 minutes ago. Mocha, you're right, I was thinking Marni until I saw today's sync. I may transition to Marni later.

(((Hugs))) to those who are ready to ask for them and (((more))) to those who aren't ready to say why they need them. We all have our sorrows, pains, and regrets. Mike, you've weathered your divorce bravely. You deserve so much love. For now, I won't start mommaquarry.com, but will just note the sites I do maintain: Quarryschool.com, Homemade Wilderness channel, Homemade Wilderness blog.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    Is it strange I find your ambition to become the ghost of Quarry House entirely admirable?
    There's a settler's cemetery where we used to ride our bikes as kids. I always remember the advice from one weathered tombstone:
    Think, dear friend, as you walk by,
    As you are now, so once was I,
    As I am now, so you must be,
    Prepare for death and follow me.

If any of us BNers becomes a ghost, the “hauntees” will know us by our perfumes, no?

[Teardrop, thanks, I plan to remain corporeal for a long time.]
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

My synching started yesterday, really: a hidden treasure -- though for hotter weather -- I wore is Di Palomo Orange Blossom with Olive and Honey, what a departure from the traditional interpretations of soapy crisp flowers, it is mellow and juicy, seems lacking the base and somehow lasts all day long with just enough fruitiness and tang.

Today I will wear Guerlain Tonka Imperiale, for the all time record cold temps here (was 25F earlier).

I clicked on the link for Fort Ancient, OH, and now I think I have something to anticipate for the golden days of September.

Tabac Rouge by Phaedon

Leather by Franck Boclet

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Good morning everyone Today is the first day out of three days off for me The day will probably be spent on trying to find something to wear for tomorrow .( the National day ) I don't have a traditional costume to wear, so we'll see. For the synch today I'm in Moksha. I really enjoy this comforting scent. I tend to forget to wear it, though. I think it's probably due to the small bottle and the fact it's an oil. Big hugs and comforting thoughts to those who need it

Inees, they celebrate Syttende Mai in our Seattle neighborhood, because historically it had been settled by Scandinavian fisherfolk (and apparently the Norwegians were the only nationality that are still organized enough to have a festival).

Quote Originally Posted by matildaben View Post
    Inees, they celebrate Syttende Mai in our Seattle neighborhood, because historically it had been settled by Scandinavian fisherfolk (and apparently the Norwegians were the only nationality that are still organized enough to have a festival).
    I assume there will be a parade with kids then Enjoy non the less

Yep, the parade reroutes all the traffic down my street since the next street over is the parade. We will have to find somewhere else to park our cars.

Today I am scent twins with cello and also syncing, with a few sprays from my neglected-at-least-a-year bottle of Passage d'Enfer.

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all !.

Mrs Q, your creative talents know no bounds - keep the camera to hand for a step by step progress report.

Jujy, a completely wild guess regarding the identity your feathered visitor (probably wrong, but the pics are still a treat).

sfmedusa, great customer service . I'll check their website as my Fragonard virginity is still intact.

Forgot to synch . Montale Sandflowers.

Cello, you smell wonderful . Your L'Artisan has been on my purchase list since I sampled it a few months back. Olivia Giacobetti's creations rarely disappoint and Passage d'Enfer was no exception. Full bottle soon !.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 16th May 2014 at 02:56 PM.

Good morning!

Crazy-hectic day yesterday at work - new processes this week have been very difficult to deal with. I am wiped out. I didn't even get to check SOTD yesterday, but just read the thread and wow, those effigy mounds are fascinating. Quarry, I love your idea for the swallow mound. That sounds like a daunting task but how amazing, unique, and meaningful. I can't wait to hear more about it.

(((Evangeline))) I know it must have been hard to say goodbyes yesterday.

easyfish and pomander, y'all smell great (as always)!

In Chanel No.5 EDT.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

I am in sync today with Magie Noire - much loved, rarely worn. Years ago I was in the dressing room at a Zen spa and overheard a woman say that Magie Noire was the ultimate brunette scent. I identified with that and wore it as my signature scent for quite a while. That was back when I only owned two or three scents at a time. Imagine!

Blog Entries

Lanvin- Arpége
    Vintage extrait
    Leathery floral; curvaceous!
    Mother's 'Night Out' scent.
    Nostalgic, fur coats and pearls.

I seem to have been craving the aldehydes and citrus of late. I can't seem to get enough of...........wait for it..........Chanel No 5 EdP Twinning with ErinK!!

I have a small vintage (50's) Parfum as well, but the top notes are way off and it takes a good 30 minutes to warm up to something resembling No 5 so I haven't been getting into it terribly much. I ought to put it into a sprayer and just use it up as I don't believe it'll be getting better.

I've been MIA around here as I'm trying to NOT be inspired to future purchases at the moment, but I do miss all of you and our happy perfume convos.

By the way, if any of you are prayers, the sweet SA at The Perfume Shoppe in Scottsdale has been diagnosed with Stage 3 Ovarian cancer. It's pretty bad and the prognosis isn't good. I know she'd appreciate your prayers.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Hi, everyone -- life, work, busy, busy, blah, blah, blah I'm bummed I missed this week, though.

First off, big hugs for those whom life has been giving choppy seas, whether in the form of struggling family members, sleepless nights, floods, busted A/Cs, sickness, job frustration, overwork, or the surprising manifestations of tenacious former relationships. I sympathize with all, empathize with many, offer humble thanks for your willingness to share, and reserve special hugs and understanding for those feeling but not always sharing. You are an amazing bunch.

Second, there's a great article reposted by Time online about how to increase happiness. (I will at some point figure out how to post things here, but believe me when I say this article is well with seeking out and reading -- it will resonate with several of you, I promise.). And how a few simple changes can make all the difference: stopping to smell the roses and slowing down to savor the the little pleasurable moments in life. It's all stuff we've heard before, even rising (descending?) to easily-dismissable cliche. But just because the knowledge has been around for a long time doesn't mean it's wrong -- and it seems to be supported by some recent studies. Two of the most important parts: stop multitasking (focus on what you're doing as you're doing it -- be mindful and fully present) and slow down to take notice of even just two beautiful things a day in life. Even in the midst of a busy week, this has helped me enormously. I'm convinced it's always what pulls me to yoga.

Quarry, I love that you're making an effigy mound. It's perfect. And having yourself tuckpointed among your beloved rock is so profoundly apt, it brought tears to my eyes.

Now, on a lighter note, did someone mention spicy, syrupy woods, highly indolic florals, and poopy floral dry-downs? Why, yes, I believe I'll take all three, thank you Uncle Serge is certainly not for everyone, but his fragrances suit me to a "T". There are only a few I don't like at all (I'm looking at you, Serge Noire and El Attarine) and a few I've yet to try (La Myrrhe, Miel du Bois, Douce Amere, Bas de Soie), but I generally adore them. I continue to struggle mightily with Guerlain and Chanel -- I don't know if I'll ever turn a corner with them or not. I came around to loving iris. I will never like oud. I don't do bitter, period -- in food, drink, or fragrance, and while I like indoles as much as the next girl (assuming the next girl isn't kalli ), I detest bitter, stinky oud. Now I don't have to worry about Amouage!

I chose my fragrance before I caught up on this week's posts, and I love what a perfect choice it's ended up being -- kind of my own synch for the week's discussion of Serge and a particular poopy floral -- the divine Sarrasins.

Happy Friday, all. May each of you find something beautiful to savor today.
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 16th May 2014 at 04:26 PM.

Mocha - REALLY? Your AC had to get replaced last week...you're killin' me lol! To basenoters outside of Chicago, guess what??? For the record it's snowing here on May 16th. Anyone have job openings for a webmaster/marketing analyst in California or Florida? Willing to take a decrease in pay for tolerable weather.

The ONLY good news is...since it's 34 degrees and snowing here. I can wear the Slumberhouse Norne that just arrived in to me from LuckyScent this afternoon.

Slumberhouse Norne

Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. NEW: Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture) / SantL (A Mysore Sandalwood reference fragrance...Mysore/Woods/Spice) / Limed - ONLY 7 Bottles Remaining (Lime/Sandalwood/Cedar/Ginger/Coconut Lactone

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD SSS Incense Pure / Slumberhouse & More...

Blog Entries

Danieq, so sorry to hear about your friend. My thoughts are with you and her family. Cancer sucks.

Jon, ​beautiful blue bird post. I saw one only once. Astonishing. The color when in flight is a perfect sky blue unlike anything I've ever seen. And a brazen orange breast. They are mostly in the country because they live on bugs.

Basenotes Institution

It was fun trying to figure out what to wear today, I have a tiny sample of this that was gifted to me eons ago and I never wear it. So today I thought...WHAT are you waiting for Mike? Wear it today! So I did:

Black Orchid Parfum/Extrait by Tom Ford

So, this is not the Black Orchid (the Eau de Parfum) that you all are familiar with - this is the PARFUM version of the scent ($600 / half ounce). Ford released only a limited amount of these bottles (I only ever saw them for sale at his boutique in Madison Avenue & at Neimans) and there is a BN thread about it. Years ago I went through my Black-Orchid-phase - loved it to pieces and then sort of got burned out on it after some time. It's not an 'easy' scent to wear regularly, especially here in Miami with our weather. Which always surprises me because inevitably I smell it on so many people in Miami (men and women). It's so over the top and so distinctive, it's impossible not to recognize it on someone as soon as they step into the same room as you. Since it's release it's inspired many scents (IMO Costume National Homme, Santal 33 and Black Amethyst by Bath & Body Works [no joke] wouldn't exist if it wasnt for Black Orchid). The PARFUM is exquisite. It has a slightly more boozy top notes that quickly fades into a sort of brown-sugar-meets-truffle smell from the original just more subdued, richer...chewier. I only have about 1/4 of 1 ml left in my vial and I only used three tiny drops this morning - dabbing it on my arms and chest...and I am HEAVILY scented. I imagine I will smell this strong all day. I always liken Black Orchid to Poison - not the smell, but the sheer strength of the scents are matched. Go big or go home.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

SOTE
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,<font color="#ffffff">
    Last edited by easyfish; 16th May 2014 at 05:53 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Anyone imbibing this evening? . A rich pinot noir from South Otago (NZ) to set the weekend in motion.

In synch for the evening with Ghost Man.

Safe travels, Wolfie

(((Mike))), both your actions at Whole Foods last night and your words to us about them were elegant and perfect, even though the situation so clearly wasn't. Sending lots of love and support your way, and am confident I have an entire legion of other BNers with me on that!

Safe, happy and adventurous travels, Twolf! Please take lots of pictures, check in when you can, and I hope there's plenty of opportunities for you to put Japanese customs to the test by seeing how many fragrances you can bring home...

Rynegne, ejnoy your wonderful Norne (you smell divine!), and I sure hope the weather improves... My husband is heading out to Chicago *this afternoon* (I got to go for the BN meet-up in October, so it's his turn to go to Chi-town and mine to stay home with the other two kids). DH is going out to help our oldest move from one apartment to another (while studying for finals). He mused out loud this morning whether he should bring a jacket, and I told him he darn well BETTER bring one, but I have no idea if he listened to me.

Walked out of the house this morning scentless, but will sync as soon as I get home with Costes. It's a sheer, lightweight fougere/incense combination that works really nicely in warmer weather, in my opinion. I believe it is the "signature scent" of the Costes hotels, too. Reminds me a bit of many from the CDG line. I love it but don't wear it that often.

Also plan to be synching with Jon in a nice red wine as soon as I get home from work. There's a bottle of Toscana at home that just might have my name on it...

Costes notes: Laurel, lavender, coriander seeds, white pepper, rose, incense, wood, musk.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Good afternoon everyone, and best to all.

I did not sync, did not even remember it was sync day, and honestly have no fragrances that qualify anyway. I'm wearing Carnal Flower, which I probably haven't worn for a week. It will just have to do.

I was sampling this morning, too. That was fun. I found two I absolutely hated, two I loved and a few that I liked.

Rynegne, we didn't have snow near the lake. Just more rain. I'd almost rather have the snow. My friends' basement flooded at the same time my car did, which makes sense since their house is on that same block. We have had the most evil weather this past 12 months. I think everyone will be moving.

Nearly forgot: bon voyage to both Twolf and Evangeline! I'm sure you'll find much to savor during your travels. Have a wonderful trip, T, and a wonderful summer, E!

Easyfish, loved that video. It made me laugh out loud.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Comdiva, I really really hope he brought a jacket. It is very nasty out today. Mocha, the snow lasted about 20 minutes and turned into rain...I'm going to California next week, might not come back!
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. NEW: Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture) / SantL (A Mysore Sandalwood reference fragrance...Mysore/Woods/Spice) / Limed - ONLY 7 Bottles Remaining (Lime/Sandalwood/Cedar/Ginger/Coconut Lactone

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Comdiva, I really really hope he brought a jacket. It is very nasty out today. Mocha, the snow lasted about 20 minutes and turned into rain...I'm going to California next week, might not come back!
    It's cool and almost rainy here, too. (Snow in the panhandle)! But it will soon be dry and drought-stricken, hot and humid as always. Not my favorite time of year. (Summer) I even have the fireplace on! Mid May! My mother told me about when she was a little girl and got caught in a May snowstorm. It was around this time of year. They didn't have Doppler Radar, you know. All the kids were in light clothing. Walking home from from school a heavy wet blizzard hit hard. The children were out in the country, a mile or more from home. Some had to stop at neighbors' houses. It was very scary.
    Last edited by kumquat; 16th May 2014 at 07:34 PM.

Amazing how fast things change isn't it? My phone actually alerted me of a storm while I was on a 4 mile run earlier this week. Had I not had the phone on me I wouldn't have run as fast home as I did and I was running near a creek (which flooded.) It could have been a bad situation. There are times like earlier this week having my phone alert me of trouble where I am happy I live in this day and age...other times I find myself wishing times were more simple as they used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    It's cool and almost rainy here, too. (Snow in the panhandle)! But it will soon be dry and drought-stricken, hot and humid as always. Not my favorite time of year. (Summer) I even have the fireplace on! Mid May! My mother told me about when she was a little girl and got caught in a May snowstorm. It was around this time of year. They didn't have Doppler Radar, you know. All the kids were in light clothing. Walking home from from school a heavy wet blizzard hit hard. The children were out in the country, a mile or more from home. Some had to stop at neighbors' houses. It was very scary.

Basenotes Institution

rynegne - reading your stories about that run and being alerted gave me goosebumps...glad you're safe. Enjoy the Norne, it's a beast of a 'forest scent' isn't it?
    easyfish - I used to love those disco songs sung by the cast of Sesame Street! Thanks for posting that. I needed a smile
    danieq - Nice to see you posting, I will keep that woman in my prayer tonight, thanks for sharing
    jujy54 - your son has been on my mind all day - I will keep him in my prayer tonight too. Sounds like he needs it.
    sfmedusa - I have heard, before, good things about Fragonard soaps specifically that one named Monsieur - sounds like you picked the right one. I need some good soap for my shower, I am inundated with shower gels (I have 7 different kinds - so silly).
    Quarry - I also enjoy that disco'd Terracotta scent from Guerlain - I smell sad carnations when I wear it. I love it.
    ErinK - ((big bear hugs)) I think you and I have had the week-from-hell, at work, eh?

If you thought my SOTD this morning was a bull-in-a-china-shop, get a load of my scent after the gym:

Aromatics Elixir Perfumers Reserve by Clinique

Not quite as enormous as the original, but pretty friggin big. I only sprayed 3 tiny sprays from a 1.5 ml plastic travel atomizer and this stuff is kicking and screaming all around me. This version is so much easier to love than the original and I really smell the rose so much more in it. I wore it because, as today's Sync asked me to do, this is a treasure that I hardly ever wear. The bottle is small, I guess I could make the excuse that I don't want to waste it but honestly it's also because it's quite challenging. I love that we have these Sync Fridays because they force me to confront my wardrobe in new and challenging ways and to get out of my comfort zone(s).

Thanks ComDiva and everyone for the kind words. It was a HORRIBLE day at the office, just the worst. What a week it has been, indeed Jon Rodgers. I am so looking forward to getting out of here in a short while. ((sigh))

Tonight I'm doing something fun, I am NOT staying home. It's grey and rainy out but I don't care. I'm TGIF'ing like it's nobody's business. I'll wear something equally 'treasuring' and 'kickass'...probably Tribute by Amouage.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Blog Entries

Evening all,

Hugs to Quarry, just because.

Danie, l am so sorry to hear about your friend; prayers being sent. My mum had ovarian cancer; 'nuff said.

ExtremeK; that was a lovely post, you are so right!

Jon; l am already well on my way through a bottle of merlot, after one of the worst days ever at work. Long story short; my boss is one of those who sees no value in the commitment & experience of someone who has worked there for nearly twenty-five years. Unless you're young, idealistic & starry-eyed, she's not interested. And they call it the caring profession. Maybe l'll elaborate some other time, but l'm heartbroken over the way l've been treated today. Thank God for Mr teardrop's hugs, the wine industry, The Big Bang Theory & you guys. These are the things that keep me sane, not necessarily in that order.

l wore Seville a l'Aube today, & tonight l needed Samsara more than ever. l completely forgot the synch, it sounds like a good one. Maybe l can do it a day late?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Yea, it was pretty scary stuff Mike. I didn't know I was capable of running a sub 7-minute mile lol. But I did make it home with about 5 minutes to spare. I did tell and older man that was walking along the creek and smoking a cigar to get home fast because we were about to get hit by a severe storm. He seemed to shrug it off, hoping he made it home alright.

Norne is forest to the max! While I like the pine and firs, it seems as if there's a spice note that's throwing me off a bit (smells like the clove from Grev.) I'm going to have to give this a few more wears.

I too had a hell of a week. Weather swings...work being hectic...carpeting at the office was re-done last night and my computer was supposed to be set up this morning...it wasn't. So, I stood around for 2 hours waiting for IT to set it up for me. Which was wonderful since I got about 4 hours of sleep last night (could have slept much longer.) ONE MORE WEEK until San Francisco! I'll be landing right about now (PST though.)

When 5pm hits, I'm skipping my workout and going to get some drinks tonight. Where to I'm not sure...We have this place called Beer Market by me which serves craft beers from around the U.S. which sounds good to me. Beer o' Clock indeed for me too Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    rynegne - reading your stories about that run and being alerted gave me goosebumps...glad you're safe. Enjoy the Norne, it's a beast of a 'forest scent' isn't it?

Tonight I'm doing something fun, I am NOT staying home. It's grey and rainy out but I don't care. I'm TGIF'ing like it's nobody's business. I'll wear something equally 'treasuring' and 'kickass'...probably Tribute by Amouage.

Hello again, everyone -

We're up to the same ol' sort of stuff this evening ...happy hour soon, then dinner, then a bit of live jazz at some yet to be determined location. Not that we're bored by this routine, but I'm sure it gets rather boring to read the same things over and over again ...maybe if I started happy hour earlier I'd be more inclined to embellish, lol. So anyway, I'm all set for the evening, waiting for Tony and lounging about in a good deal of Chanel Coco, shower gel, body cream, and a few drops of vintage perfume ...and it's every bit as magnificent as it sounds. ♥ ♥ ♥

Y'all have a wonderful evening!

Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    (((Evangeline))) I know it must have been hard to say goodbyes yesterday.
    Thank you, Erin - I can hardly believe how difficult was! I miss them already. We had a little farewell party, and they were all so funny and sweet, comforting me as I fought back tears ...I sure let them flow last night though.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Anyone imbibing this evening? . A rich pinot noir from South Otago (NZ) to set the weekend in motion.
    Our cocktail du soir is the gimlet ...gotta keep it simple, sometimes. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Nearly forgot: bon voyage to both Twolf and Evangeline! I'm sure you'll find much to savor during your travels. Have a wonderful trip, T, and a wonderful summer, E!
    Thanks, ExK! I'll be around for a few more days, but I'm sure they'll pass pretty quickly.

Eek, glad I checked again before leaving! I gotta send a big hug to ((teardrop)) for her awful day, and yet another one to ((mike)) for his terrible week. Y'all please have a fantastic weekend, or at least a peaceful and calm one, re-group, be with friends and loved-ones, and put this week well behind you. You both smell awesome, btw ...y'all don't mind if I let those hugs linger a bit longer than usual, do ya?
    Last edited by Evangeline; 16th May 2014 at 09:16 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Thanks E, l don't mind one bit!

Sadly l'm working this weekend, but at least the boss won't be around. She gets paid too much to work weekends.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Teardrop, you are a credit to your profession (and to BN, of course )

(((Teardrop))) I'm so sorry. I've never understood how some people can get a charge out of being terrible to others. Please take Evangeline's sage advice -- and enjoy that merlot with a healthy dose of BBT!

I'm delaying wine o'clock for just a bit to stop for a pedicure on the way home where I hope to find an obscene number of tart citrusy samples waiting for me (along with the entire 4160 Tuesdays line and PG Querelle -- thanks, cello!!)

Blog Entries

Thank you Jon & ExK! l have to ask; what is BBT?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Thank you Jon & ExK! l have to ask; what is BBT?

Big Bang Theory?

Kumquat for the win!

Today for the sync I wore Virgin Island Water. I haven't worn it since last summer, I used to love it, now it's "just OK." It's not enough to hold my interest anymore.

The weather here in Cincinnati is also awful, the skies are dark gray and we have thunderstorms, and it's cold. I am also going to California next week, but I'm going to San Francisco and then on to Monterey so there's a good chance I will be chilly there too.

Hey again,

I don't know when I've ever felt so good to be home. Mike, you're right, this has been a week. Unlike you, I don't have the energy to do a doggone thing. I forced myself to do a hard workout at lunch (T25, ouch) when I really wanted to come home and nap. I will probably watch a movie, if I can stay awake through it. But tomorrow I'm getting together with my new friend and hopefully we'll have some adventures.

(((teardrop))) I'm sure Jon will be more than happy to stick out his tongue at your mean boss.

Evangeline, I never get tired of hearing about your Friday nights. I think it's wonderful that you and Tony have a little routine that you both look forward to. Doing your thing with your man - what could be better? That's the stuff life is made of.

I'm in a sample of Olfactive Studio Chambre Noire tonight. I have been wanting to try this one but it's been so darn hot. It's cooled off tonight, though, perfect for this incensey scent. I don't usually dig incense, but after a long week this (and an icy glass of wine) is hitting the spot.

Julia Margaret Cameron - Whisper of the Muse, 1865

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Big Bang Theory?
    Of course! Where's that "slapping myself on the forehead" emoticon when l need it?

Thanks for the hug, Erin!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Yves de Sistelle Chess tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Plus

Didn't realize I was in sync wearing Juliette Has a Gun Anyway but there you have it. Perfectly safe office scent, in other words, boring.

Hey renege, my husband has been in Chicago all week for work. I pointed him towards Merz Apothecary for shaving supplies.
    Glad you beat feet back home & were safe from the flooding.

Mike, I don't know what to say…..but know you are in my (our!) thoughts & prayers. You deserve much, much better & I believe it will happen for you.

tedem…you heard anything from Raphaella? She's been on my mind of late.

I got a package from a generous base noter today, a sales transaction. So I am wafting Hildi Solani's Daisy and very happy about that.

Kitten Sky is almost 12 weeks old & has doubled in size. Bella still has hissy fits, Sky just wants to play but Bella is too grouchy.

I've been having a terrible time uploading photos of late. My flowers are spectacular & I wanted to share them with all of you.

Got to run pick up the daughter from work.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

summer means fireflys

I forgot all about the synch today but I'm happily wearing Bond Success Is A Job In NY today. One bit of happiness today was realizing I hit 40 hours at 9:00 am this morning ... that means I earned time and a half between 9 and 4:30. Boosted my mood a little bit. All those hours were in 4 days BTW ... Teardrop, it sounds as if we are in sort of the same boat? Hugs and pats on the back to you!

Thanks ExtremeK for talking about the Time article ... will definitely check it out!

Have a great weekend everyone and as always, hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Testing my soon to come fragrance on skin...MadHat Joban: Blood Orange, Musk, Choya Loban, Guiacwood, Myrrh, Oud, Sandalwood

La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum by YSL