Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Lightbulb Re: I would NEVER wear Sweet Pea from Bath & Body Works! But seriously…

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Aw man, I'm sorry -- I did misread your original statement. What's behind the sweetness here is the damascone accord, which is what you'll find in tons of stuff similar to this. Although I couldn't pull a vegetal note from memory, the floral smelled to me like some jasmine chems with maybe a touch of berry leaf. That might produce a slightly bitter, stem-like effect that could be read as vegetal. Have tried Enchanted Forest? It's a Duchaufour scent for Vagabond Prince. That ramps up the vegetal, almost green side of berries and whatnot.
    Like they say, Never overlook the obvious... Evidently, I have overlooked the obvious. That mysterious *vegetal* smell in Sweet Pea that fascinates me so much probably isn't rhubarb, or cyclamen, or damascone. That vegetal smell in Sweet Pea is the smell of, wait for it, PEAS. HA. I NEVER eat peas, so it wasn't obvious to me (that smell), but now that I am remembering, it smells like the peas my mom used to make in the kitchen. So NOW I want to find other pea-scented frags, something less sickening-sugar-sweet, and more masculine. At lease NOW I know what I am looking for.
    Just because a fragrance is expensive, doesn’t necessarily make it smell better than a cheaper one.

I can still pray in the U.S.A. (For now, anyway.)
    Currently wearing: Passion Boisée by Frapin

Default Re: I would NEVER wear Sweet Pea from Bath & Body Works! But seriously…

I know a few frags with the pea note you're looking for, maybe check them out to see whether that's the note you liked, to me tough, pea smells rather floral-sweet more than vegetal but then again my nose is not a big expert
    Issey Miyake Pleats Please
    Love Chloe eau florale
    MFK 754
    Don't know if this will be of any help but maybe worth trying!
    And I wouldn't worry that some of these frags are classified as female, it really doesn't matter, does it, we buy them for the smell not for the gender distribution!
    Mi sagli smo glave, u strahu da biće još gore...i biće, jer sagli smo glave...a ljubav živi...
    Currently wearing: Casamorati 1888 by Xerjoff

Default Re: I would NEVER wear Sweet Pea from Bath & Body Works! But seriously…

Quote Originally Posted by Vernona View Post
    I know a few frags with the pea note you're looking for, maybe check them out to see whether that's the note you liked, to me tough, pea smells rather floral-sweet more than vegetal but then again my nose is not a big expert
    Issey Miyake Pleats Please
    Love Chloe eau florale
    MFK 754
    Don't know if this will be of any help but maybe worth trying!
    And I wouldn't worry that some of these frags are classified as female, it really doesn't matter, does it, we buy them for the smell not for the gender distribution!
    Thank you! I will certainly check these out.
    Just because a fragrance is expensive, doesn’t necessarily make it smell better than a cheaper one.

I can still pray in the U.S.A. (For now, anyway.)
    Currently wearing: Passion Boisée by Frapin