Code of Conduct

Default GIT or Aventus for work

Hi,

I start working in an Investment bank next week and I want to buy a new perfume for work. thinking of GIT or Aventus, I want something that will make me smell impressive and unique (it also has to fit for all seasons). what do you guys think?

Default Re: GIT or Aventus for work

You can never go wrong with GIT

Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    You can never go wrong with GIT
    Yup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    KCCO!

Another for GIT!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Aventus works better in the heat of summer, I wore GIT today and it was hot hot hot in the UK. It was still great but Aventus definitley feels more comfortable in all seasons.

I guess what im trying to say is they are both excellent versatile all year round fragrance without a doubt, you cant do much better in terms of versatility thats for sure, but the GIT can feel a bit to strong and heavy in the heat of summer, where as Aventus has a certain light/transparent quality to it which just feels more suitable when wearing in the heat of summer.

I have to say though for what you describe in terms of your job, GIT would be my first choice.

Oh what the hell look at your job you can afford to buy both what a daft question.
    Last edited by DMA; 16th May 2014 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMA View Post
    Aventus works better in the heat of summer, I wore GIT today and it was hot hot hot in the UK. It was still great but Aventus definitley feels more comfortable in all seasons.

I guess what im trying to say is they are both excellent versatile all year round fragrance without a doubt, you cant do much better in terms of versatility thats for sure, but the GIT can feel a bit to strong and heavy in the heat of summer, where as Aventus has a certain light/transparent quality to it which just feels more suitable when wearing in the heat of summer.

I have to say though for what you describe in terms of your job, GIT would be my first choice.

Oh what the hell look at your job you can afford to buy both what a daft question.
    money is not the problem, I just want one fragrance that will make people remember me

Git

I would go with GIT, but you should decide for yourself.

Either one will work... Own both and wear them to work on a regular basis
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

Aventus...GIT might be confused for Cool water(yes I know a more refined version but nevertheless....) IMHO any of the two will do but if I had to chose the aforementioned gets my vote✔️
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I own both and if I were you I'd buy both.

Both are great and also appropriate for work, but in my opinion, GIT is a slight bit even more suitable, understated while still subtly adding a certain distinctiveness.

GIT is more office-friendly in my opinion. Aventus is a projection beast and some people reported being sent home for wearing too much of this stuff:-)

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    Aventus...GIT might be confused for Cool water
    Oh no, what would your co-workers think... that you are wearing some cheap off-she-shelf cologne from a department store? :-) Oh wait, Creeds are off-the-shelf department store colognes, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancio82 View Post
    GIT is more office-friendly in my opinion. Aventus is a projection beast and some people reported being sent home for wearing too much of this stuff:-)
    Aventus a projection beast? Only if you have that magical super-special batch, I think. I've tried samples from various batches, and have (unfortunately) a 4oz bottle I never use, and after about 30-45 minutes it's a total skin scent, very weak at that. However, I'm not interested in hunting for that ever elusive special batch that actually sticks around for a few hours and projects properly. The scent itself just doesn't do anything for me - I find it rather bland and uninspiring. Perhaps if Creed amped it up and released Aventus Intense I'd be willing to give it another try, but until then:

I'm voting for GIT - it's way more versatile and is a great office-safe fragrance.

Blog Entries

Either one will do, as mentioned above. Today I may pick GIT, but tomorrow I may reach for Aventus. I know you said money isn't an issue, but I still recommend getting a small sample of both... wear them alternately and see which one you really prefer.

Good luck!

One vote for Aventus. I get compliments whenever I wear it to the office.

Quote Originally Posted by iPaul View Post
    I own both and if I were you I'd buy both.
    Yeah, this is probably true. I've put off buying GIT, if only because it feels "older" than I try and pull off at work. For me, it would be Aventus first.

Thanks guys, bought a sample of Aventus and really liked it.
    I ordered both

Honestly they are both great. 2 perfect all year round scents for a man. As a guy i am a bit lazy i have to admit, and these 2 are just the ones you dont think about you can just pick it up anytime, any place, any occasion and spray away and it will always serve you well...

Having tested these 2 out in private and public on many occasions, i have to say, woman tend to love the GIT, men tend to love the Aventus. Most compliments on GIT comess from woman who seem to just love this stuff, most compliments i reiceve on Aventus are from other males not woman. Not sure whether its just coincidence or theres something else in that but thats how ive found it to always play out when i go out wearing either of these 2.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Oh no, what would your co-workers think... that you are wearing some cheap off-she-shelf cologne from a department store? :-) Oh wait, Creeds are off-the-shelf department store colognes, too.

Aventus a projection beast? Only if you have that magical super-special batch, I think. I've tried samples from various batches, and have (unfortunately) a 4oz bottle I never use, and after about 30-45 minutes it's a total skin scent, very weak at that. However, I'm not interested in hunting for that ever elusive special batch that actually sticks around for a few hours and projects properly. The scent itself just doesn't do anything for me - I find it rather bland and uninspiring. Perhaps if Creed amped it up and released Aventus Intense I'd be willing to give it another try, but until then:

I'm voting for GIT - it's way more versatile and is a great office-safe fragrance.
    You're too funny. I'm actually wearing Aventus for the second time today and it's pretty damn good. A liitle synthetic at first but really interesting over time..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Git

GIT, but I think either is fine. I'd get both and rotate.
    Just say no to oniomania.

Either one is awesome, for work I'd say GIT is more apt.