Code of Conduct

Arrow Minotaure batch numbers?

Recently bought a 2.5oz bottle of Minotaure, and was put off by the lack of potency. I had bought a .05 splash (UN158) just before and it smelled much richer. My question is, my batch number is 38K31M, is this a known batch? Looked around and couldn't find anything regarding batch #'s for Minotaure - Anyone want to share theirs? I understand it's been reformulated at least a couple times, but this sauce is particularly weak and smells almost nothing like the splash version.
    Last edited by Hothamwater; 20th May 2014 at 06:43 PM.

Default Re: Minotaure batch numbers?

My Minotaure is 2012. reformulation and I have to admit that at first I wasn't really happy about it. Now I figured it does project for some 3-4 hours and becomes a significantly low sillage scent for the next 4 hours. What I mean by low sillage is that occasionally one does notice a bit of a whiff of it from time to time, but just a whiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    My Minotaure is 2012. reformulation and I have to admit that at first I wasn't really happy about it. Now I figured it does project for some 3-4 hours and becomes a significantly low sillage scent for the next 4 hours. What I mean by low sillage is that occasionally one does notice a bit of a whiff of it from time to time, but just a whiff.
    Yeah, this stuff I ordered is horrendous. Smells virtually nothing like the splash .5 and sample vial I bought very recently. I never truly understood the "bugspray" comparison made by many before, but this version really is as cloying with a blast of that scent, then a VERY light dry-down of the vaguest synthetic vanilla. The previous were just so rich -- it makes this one disappointingly hollow and cheap. The projection is basically nonexistent and lasts for 15-20 min top.

What is your batch number, if you don't mind?
    Last edited by Hothamwater; 21st May 2014 at 12:17 AM.

The original strong formulation was made by the production company "Cosmair". The reformulation is made by "L'Oreal". So basically you can look for the evidence of either company on the label to determine whether or not it should smell rich or flat.
    Summer Rotation:
    Dior Homme Sport
    Terre D’Hermes Eau Vetiver
    Riverside Drive Bond No 9
    Guerlain Homme Idéal Cologne
    Dolce & Gabanna Pour Homme
    Zegna Z Milan Edition

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

Quote Originally Posted by hothamwater View Post
    yeah, this stuff i ordered is horrendous. Smells virtually nothing like the splash .5 and sample vial i bought very recently. I never truly understood the "bugspray" comparison made by many before, but this version really is as cloying with a blast of that scent, then a very light dry-down of the vaguest synthetic vanilla. The previous were just so rich -- it makes this one disappointingly hollow and cheap. The projection is basically nonexistent and lasts for 15-20 min top.

What is your batch number, if you don't mind?
    38jo2m

Quote Originally Posted by OlfactoryExperience View Post
    The original strong formulation was made by the production company "Cosmair". The reformulation is made by "L'Oreal". So basically you can look for the evidence of either company on the label to determine whether or not it should smell rich or flat.
    This one is Luxury Products LLC. It is nothing like the previous versions I've smelled, sadly. I wonder when this reformulation happened. Imagine the density and most of the notes missing, mixed with a very light vanilla scented rubber. That is what It ends up smelling like within 15 minutes. Makes me think it is a bad or expired/spoiled bottle maybe.
    Last edited by Hothamwater; 21st May 2014 at 09:12 PM.