Code of Conduct

Default Dewy Green note any suggestions besides Rosalva?

Hi all
    was thinking of combining some Rosalva with the typical green ACs to try to cancel out the rose aspect...any suggestions would be appreciated!! thx much,

Default Re: Dewy Green note any suggestions besides Rosalva?

Galbanoleine, Stemone, Triplal, Cressanther, Anther, Frescile, Tridenenitrile, Spirogalbanone, Folione.

Oh thanks so much for the quick reply! I have Stemone & Triplal and Galbanum EO, any suggestions where I can get 25mls of each of the rest? my usual suppliers are Per Apprentice & PerfumersWorld....I've never really smelled Stemone or Triplal alone which is quite stupid of me not to assess..
    thx again

I'm puzzled why you are after dewy green, and are starting with a (fatty honey) rose...?

Why not just do dewy green?

PK
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    Gold Medal for "Best Aroma"; Los Angeles Artisan Fragrance Salon

Quote Originally Posted by springlilac View Post
    Oh thanks so much for the quick reply! I have Stemone & Triplal and Galbanum EO, any suggestions where I can get 25mls of each of the rest? my usual suppliers are Per Apprentice & PerfumersWorld....I've never really smelled Stemone or Triplal alone which is quite stupid of me not to assess..
    thx again
    So you are interested in doing Perfumery; you have some raw Materials, and yet you haven't bothered to start smelling them to learn how they work. I see.

So you are interested in doing Perfumery; you have some raw Materials, and yet you haven't bothered to start smelling them to learn how they work. I see.
    Takes time..

Could cyclogalbanate work for this as well?

Also, if you don't like the rose, maybe you can find something more in the geranium direction?

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    I'm puzzled why you are after dewy green, and are starting with a (fatty honey) rose...?

Why not just do dewy green?

PK
    Yes exactly, as I said originally "any suggestions besides Rosalva", I only mentioned Rosalva because it has that dewy aspect hence I've not incorporated it into my mix. I have smelled Triplal and it doesn't quite have that "dewy" aspect. I have assessed the others individually I had previously mentioned but they don't quite have that dewiness. I combined Triplal & Stemone and together it's almost what I'm after. I'm looking for a wet like or dewy greenness.. I very much appreciate your input though.

For me very "dewy", fresh, green and gentle is cyclohehexyl ethyl alcohol, despite that TGSC says about it "floral waxy cool lily dewy rose".

Quote Originally Posted by Ramute View Post
    For me very "dewy", fresh, green and gentle is cyclohehexyl ethyl alcohol, despite that TGSC says about it "floral waxy cool lily dewy rose".
    thanks so much for this. thankfully I can order it from TGSC. I also think cis-3 Hexenyl Acetate, Cylemone A, and a little Helionol. There's a couple more- but not available to the general market: Cascalone, and Cyclemone A might be a challenge...

Yes exactly, as I said originally "any suggestions besides Rosalva", I only mentioned Rosalva because it has that dewy aspect hence I've not incorporated it into my mix. I have smelled Triplal and it doesn't quite have that "dewy" aspect. I have assessed the others individually I had previously mentioned but they don't quite have that dewiness. I combined Triplal & Stemone and together it's almost what I'm after. I'm looking for a wet like or dewy greenness.. I very much appreciate your input though.
    Have you tried Helional? Also consider adding some nerol to your mix.
    ďA person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person
    ― Dave Barry

Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

hi again
    I added the Helional, and tiny bit of Nerol & a tad bit of Treemoss absolute 10% in DPG, and it's quite lovely, but not quite "dewy". It's close though, definitely moist like. I hate to be negative but I'm thinking that missing aspect is an AC not available to the average DIYer. I've found trying to locate some of these AC's requires one to purchase them in LARGE quantities as in "drum" size...
    much thx Chris,
    S.

Re: Hexenyl Cis-3 Acetate, I think Perfumer's Apprentice botched my order because they sent me two bottles and I compared them both to Hexenol 3-Cis (which I already had), and it smells identical - in & out of dilution. It could be that Hexenyl Cis--3 Acetate maybe my missing link.... I'll have to order it again.

Re: Hexenyl Cis-3 Acetate, I think Perfumer's Apprentice botched my order because they sent me two bottles and I compared them both to Hexenol 3-Cis (which I already had), and it smells identical - in & out of dilution. It could be that Hexenyl Cis--3 Acetate maybe my missing link.... I'll have to order it again.
    I really doubt the acetate is what you are looking for: to me itís all green banana and no trace of dew. A possibility is one of those super-power ingredients that you need to use in the tiniest traces. Either trans-2-cis-6-nonadienal or the equivalent alcohol. The aldehyde is also known as Cucumber aldehyde or sometimes Violet Leaf Aldehyde, the alcohol isnít offered very often but is very similar in odour but slightly more floral. If you get the dose right it adds a slight, brightening, moistening effect. Over do it and youíll have cucumber salad though.

When I say traces, I really do mean traces: dilute to 0.1% and then only use 0.1 - 0.5% of your concentrate and work up from there if you need to.
    ― Dave Barry

Chris Bartlett

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for

ahh, perhaps my Hexenyl Cis-3 Acetate is labeled correctly, it does smell like sharp green banana, very very similar to the Cis-3, I only contemplated that because Christophe Laudamiel’s quotes the acetate as " Responsible for the dewy aspect of natural green foliage" in the formula for the fragrance "Community" financed by Firmenich...
    As for the trans-2-cis-6-nonadienal, I would order that if given the opportunity from one of the many suppliers listed on TGSC.. I've learned early on when working with aldehydes to be particularly careful so I will heed that last bit of advice. much thx & cheers,
    S.

BTW, (by th way), my mixture is so pretty I'd wear it as a stand-alone! it has just a teeny trace of floral as I added a diluted drop of Eth. Linalool along with very diluted nerol as suggested, it is lush..
    Stemone
    Triplal
    Galbanum EO (trace)
    Helional
    Treemoss Ab
    Nerol (trace)
    Ethyl Linalool (trace)
    Carbinol Muguet (trace)

ahh, perhaps my Hexenyl Cis-3 Acetate is labeled correctly, it does smell like sharp green banana, very very similar to the Cis-3, I only contemplated that because Christophe Laudamiel’s quotes the acetate as " Responsible for the dewy aspect of natural green foliage" in the formula for the fragrance "Community" financed by Firmenich...
    As for the trans-2-cis-6-nonadienal, I would order that if given the opportunity from one of the many suppliers listed on TGSC.. I've learned early on when working with aldehydes to be particularly careful so I will heed that last bit of advice. much thx & cheers,
    S.
    Hermitage have it as a 1% dilution (prepared by yours truly) which is probably more economic than anywhere on the TGSC list unless you are planning on making a few hundred gallons of your fragrance ;-)

The pure materials is very expensive indeed (and foul until it’s diluted too, as with so many of these high-powered ingredients).
    ― Dave Barry

Chris Bartlett

Cyclemone A is avaiable from CP as Melafleur

thanks so much for the tip!