Code of Conduct

Default Perfume Recommendations?

I'm having trouble finding a signature fragrance, as I get bored of perfumes often. Can anyone recommend a light, feminine, day time Jasmine perfume that I could wear all year round.

I do not like mature scents like Chanel No. 5 or aquatic like D&G Light Blue. And please, no celebrity perfumes.

To give an idea of some of the perfumes I do like.

-Marc Jacobs Daisy
    -Thierry Mugler Alien
    -Annick Goutal Petite Cherie
    -Balenciaga Paris
    -Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede

Thanks!
    Last edited by gginnnaaa; 26th May 2014 at 05:14 AM.

Default Re: Perfume Recommendations?

Welcome!

Acqua di Parma Gelsomino nobile is nice and light. Perhaps a bit too light for my tastes - I tend to prefer heavier jasmines. I would also check Jour d'Hermes: while it's not predominantly a jasmine, it is a light but long lasting white floral that should fit given the scents you have indicated. (In general, the recent Hermes are known for light, transparent florals - examples are the jardin series, or the more expensive Hermessence series).

cacio

Blog Entries

Estee Lauder Private Collection Jasmin White Moss.
    Guerlain Acqua Allegoria Jasminora.
    By Kilian Love and Tears.

Welcome to basenotes!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

If you like jasmine, and it appears that you like leather, try Serge Lutens Sarrasins, a wonderful jasmine/leather.

This is not light, but perhaps a light application will work.

For light, try the eau de toilette by Molinard called Jasmin de Molinard.

Light enough for day, with a whisper of leather:

http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...60_perfum.html
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

+1 for Jour d'Hermès

A soliflore jasmine I really like is A la nuit by Serge Lutens. It's not really that light, but applied lightly it should be fine. Another mainstream jasmine is Pure poison. Quite light and fresh.

Serge Lutens La Vierge de Fer is this extremely pretty very light jasmine/white floral, and unlike Lutens A la Nuit and Sarrasins it's not oriental. La Vierge de Fer smells more like an exclusive Chanel white floral to me than a typical Lutens. It's my go to summer fragrance but I can see it as an all year round perfume as well.

If designer frags count maybe try bvlgari jasmin noir (and it's variations) it's a really nice jasmin interpretation.

Blog Entries

http://www.luckyscent.com/product/25...ferent-company

Try The Different Company- Jasmine de Nuit it's a classic heady jasmine.

May I just add, don't trouble yourself with "have to find a signature scent" thats a very "romantic" idea but it's not as easy as it may look...actively looking for it may not be the way to go, it will come to you! It will find you...or not..or it will in time..I also tend to get bored with fragrances especially if I wear one for longer period of time..I guess it's quite a normal reaction..you get bored of food you love if you eat it everyday. So I tend to rotate a lot to avoid this and always sample something new. So just try out different samples, explore different notes and with time you'll find there's a lot of different things you enjoy. Back in the day I was also all about finding my "one and only" unique fragrance love and I even thought I found it twice by now but it turned out to be wrong as I got tired of it with time...so I just don't have a signature fragrance yet but I enjoy different ones very much. I don't even bother anymore with finding "the one", if it comes, I'll now, if it doesn't, there are a few already that I love immensly and I'm really happy with that!

agree with the suggestion of gelsomino nobile!

Seconding especially Jasmin Noir and its variations.

On the more adventurous unisex side, though officially listed and categorized as masculine, the current formulation of Dior Eau Sauvage EDT has, while keeping its citrus-herbal dominant, less of a leathery-chypre drydown and more of a light, translucent, freshly invigorating jasmine development during the opening/top and even mid notes.