Code of Conduct

Default Spearmint/Citrus EDT for summer?

I plan on wearing my YSL L'Homme most of the summer, but I was curious as to if anyone knew of a good summertime fragrance with prominent notes of spearmint and citrus? Something that isn't too difficult to procure. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Spearmint/Citrus EDT for summer?

Creed Selection Verte sounds like something you are looking for, but it's more of a peppermint smell than spearmint. Great mint and citrus cologne that I prefer much better than Heeley's mint fragrance. SV is one of the best for summer.

Creed still sells it, but only by the 8.4 oz flacon. There are 2.5 oz tester bottles available, however.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...Ess-de-Cerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Armani Code Sport Athlete

It's becoming more difficult to find but there should still be plenty out there. Selection Verte is a great choice, but I tried to give you a less expensive option as well.

Hermes Concentré d'Orange Verte springs to mind: bracing bitter orange and mandarin over mint. The mint is discernable rather than super prominent, but it's a great summer fragrance.

Cartier Roadster and YSL Live Jazz may be appropriate additional suggestions.

If Malle is easy to get in your area, then Geranium Pour Monsieur is one to check out for sure.
    Current UK sales: Diptyque Philosykos EdP

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Creed still sells it, but only by the 8.4 oz flacon. There are 2.5 oz tester bottles available, however.
    Where could one find one?

Black Soul Imperial by Ted Lapidus
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    +1 for Live Jazz

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll definitely be looking into these.

Geranium Pour Monsieur

for swap/sale:

I've enjoyed the recent L’Eau d’Issey Pour Homme Sport Mint.

Heeley Menthe Fraiche

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    Hermes Concentré d'Orange Verte springs to mind: bracing bitter orange and mandarin over mint. The mint is discernable rather than super prominent, but it's a great summer fragrance.
    How is the longevity of this one? Am kind of fan of bitter orange scents

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by blackheart2925 View Post
    How is the longevity of this one? Am kind of fan of bitter orange scents

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
    For a citrus-heavy cologne-style scent, the longevity of Concentré d'Orange Verte is not bad - maybe 4 hours or so (though don't expect tons of sillage). As always with this genre you have to be prepared to reapply.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Geranium Pour Monsieur
    +1 This has great longevity & good projection.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Roadster and Menthe Freiche.

Thanks again for all the responses, fellas. I've slowly started checking them out one by one. Live Jazz is a real possibility as I tend to like YSL anyway.

Question, out of all the ones mentioned above which would be the biggest pussy magnet? I mean, after all, that's what we're mostly wearing these frags for anyways, right?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by CMan0928 View Post
    Thanks again for all the responses, fellas. I've slowly started checking them out one by one. Live Jazz is a real possibility as I tend to like YSL anyway.

Question, out of all the ones mentioned above which would be the biggest pussy magnet? I mean, after all, that's what we're mostly wearing these frags for anyways, right?

You do realize we have women who visit the site. You may want to save that type of language when you hanging out with your boyz.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    You do realize we have women who visit the site. You may want to save that type of language when you hanging out with your boyz.
    No offense intended. I don't have "boyz" though. I have friends and acquaintances.

You may be but a lot of people are not.

Please note that the Code of Conduct 1.7 states 'No vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images' and members are expected to comply.

Thank you.

Chick magnet. Everyone happy?

I'm not prude but where's the tact OP?

But actually the majority of people on here are into perfume from arts & aesthetics perspective.

for swap/sale:

How 'bout Heeley Cocobello? It isn't citrus or spearmint but it is very fresh and summery, I'd love to smell it around more often, I bought it for my husband because its such a beautiful summer fragrance..

And for the citrus maybe try Bond Coney Island, very attractive citrus with a noticable tequilla note that gives it that something special like some summer drink. It also has a distinctive masculine vibe tough unisex...I'm not a fan of Bond perfume but this one is very sexy for summer...and very long lasting also!

Quote Originally Posted by Vernona View Post
    How 'bout Heeley Cocobello? It isn't citrus or spearmint but it is very fresh and summery, I'd love to smell it around more often, I bought it for my husband because its such a beautiful summer fragrance..

And for the citrus maybe try Bond Coney Island, very attractive citrus with a noticable tequilla note that gives it that something special like some summer drink. It also has a distinctive masculine vibe tough unisex...I'm not a fan of Bond perfume but this one is very sexy for summer...and very long lasting also!
    Thank you, Vernona.

I'm not prude but where's the tact OP?
    Eh, I don't know. It wasn't really an offensive thing to say. I think those that were offended would be offended by just about anything. So I'm not taking it to heart.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    You may be but a lot of people are not.
    The vast majority of men, I would argue, use fragrance to become more attractive to the opposite sex. That's what I meant by "pussy magnet." It wasn't meant to degrade or disenchant women in any way, shape, or form. I'm actually a very big fan of women.

Egads, that might be the dopiest post I've read here, ever. Is your edit button working?

Quote Originally Posted by james1051 View Post
    Egads, that might be the dopiest post I've read here, ever. Is your edit button working?
    Yeah, it is. But I won't be using it.

Parfums 137 Spearmint is mostly spearmint (surprise!) and citrus.

ಠ_ಠ http://tinyurl.com/awordtoyourmother
    "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    Parfums 137 Spearmint is mostly spearmint (surprise!) and citrus.

ಠ_ಠ http://tinyurl.com/awordtoyourmother
    Thanks SoCal. I'll check it out.

Xerjoff 1861 is exactly what your looking for.

Pricey but so worth it. Smells sooooo natural

Guerlain Homme L'Eau
    Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca
    Issey Sport Mint

+1 Cartier Roadster.
    BRING BACK OUR GIRLS!

Green Water - frosted bottle version, or earlier
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Creed Selection Verte sounds like something you are looking for, but it's more of a peppermint smell than spearmint. Great mint and citrus cologne that I prefer much better than Heeley's mint fragrance. SV is one of the best for summer.

This!!! For sure. The lime note is so realistic, it's amazing. Kicks the YSL's ass.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

What about Eau De Guerlain? Lemon verbena, lemon, mint...
    seeking mitsouko 50ml's cap....desperately!!

Quote Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
    This is the one, right?

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Guerlain...6050216/p.prod

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post

It's becoming more difficult to find but there should still be plenty out there. Selection Verte is a great choice, but I tried to give you a less expensive option as well.
    +1 for the Sport Code Athlete

Also consider the regular Sport Code. Both shine in hot muggy weather, their projection and longevity is amazing.
    In cooler milder climate they don't perform too well.

Basenotes Plus

L'Eau Radieux! Ruby grapefruit and mint - wierd and wonderful. Quite long lasting too.
    “There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
    Great suggestion. Its a terrific scent

Basenotes Institution

This is the one, right?

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Guerlain...6050216/p.prod

No, that's Guerlain Homme

This is Eau de Guerlain:

I personally do not smell any mint in EdG. I like it, but to me it's much more about citrus.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Track down Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca. It's delightfully minty!

I second Hermes Concentree d'Orange Verte, Geranium pour monsieur, Live Jazz, Guerlain Homme and Herba Fresca. Interesting how no less than three Guerlains make the list. I'm not such a fan of Roadster/Roadster Sport.

I own all of these in either full bottles or decants, and I don't know about magnetic properties, but on a subjective scale of masculinity, it roughly goes like:

Geranium > Guerlain Homme > Live Jazz > Orange Verte > Herba Fresca.

So take your pick.

I don't think any mint note is going to help you appear cool, CMan. Smell is the least of your problems it seems.

L'occitane Verveine Menthe

Honestly, I would think that Mont Blanc Leged Limited Edition is a perfect fragrance based on your inquiries.

Lacoste (original - meaning the one from like 1980), Green Water (Jacques Fath) spring to mind. Maybe Pasha.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Quote Originally Posted by Adama View Post
    I don't think any mint note is going to help you appear cool, CMan. Smell is the least of your problems it seems.
    Relax. It was a joke. Why are your feelings hurt over something that wasn't even directed towards you? To everyone else, thank you for all the suggestions. I'm in the process of tracking some of them down.

Relax. It was a joke. Why are your feelings hurt over something that wasn't even directed towards you? To everyone else, thank you for all the suggestions. I'm in the process of tracking some of them down.

A number of members seem to have been less than impressed.
    Let's hope that the next thread is more civilised.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Cman, I'm just going to reiterate in case it was lost in the derailment of this thread--depending on how much you're willing to spend, Selection Verte by Creed is seriously the best "Citrus-Mint" fragrance out there. It's flawless. It features several different mints and some of the brightest citrus notes you'll find.

Armani Code Sport Athlete is almost like a poor man's Selection Verte. I don't mean to use that phrase condescendingly. What I mean is that it's very similar to Selection Verte (and actually has much better longevity) but lacks the more refined elements and delicacy that SV has. It's also about a fifth of the price.

And finally, +1 to anybody who recommended Guerlain Homme L'Eau. It's another great one, though largely discontinued and quite difficult to find in the US right now. It's selling for nearly double its price when you do find it

Eau Radieuse was also recommended earlier in the thread. I love this one, and you should sample it. For an "out of the box" citrus and mint fragrance, it doesn't get any colder and more refreshing than this. It's expensive and kind of hard to find, so sample first, but you should see if you can get your hands on it because it's a really cool fragrance.

Default Spearmint/Citrus EDT for summer?

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    A number of members seem to have been less than impressed.
    Let's hope that the next thread is more civilised.
    My apologies to you and the other admin here. I now see what I said was completely out of line. I didn't mean it in a discriminatory way at all. In fact, I've donated my time in the past to different women's rights causes.

Last edited by CMan0928; 3rd July 2014 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Spelling

Thanks - no worries
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Cman, I'm just going to reiterate in case it was lost in the derailment of this thread--depending on how much you're willing to spend, Selection Verte by Creed is seriously the best "Citrus-Mint" fragrance out there. It's flawless. It features several different mints and some of the brightest citrus notes you'll find.

Armani Code Sport Athlete is almost like a poor man's Selection Verte. I don't mean to use that phrase condescendingly. What I mean is that it's very similar to Selection Verte (and actually has much better longevity) but lacks the more refined elements and delicacy that SV has. It's also about a fifth of the price.

And finally, +1 to anybody who recommended Guerlain Homme L'Eau. It's another great one, though largely discontinued and quite difficult to find in the US right now. It's selling for nearly double its price when you do find it

Eau Radieuse was also recommended earlier in the thread. I love this one, and you should sample it. For an "out of the box" citrus and mint fragrance, it doesn't get any colder and more refreshing than this. It's expensive and kind of hard to find, so sample first, but you should see if you can get your hands on it because it's a really cool fragrance.
    Thank you for taking the time, Buysblind. I'll definitely check into those.

But actually the majority of people on here are into perfume from arts & aesthetics perspective.
    Oh, I see. I can respect that. Are you into poetry as well?

Just use 10 sprays of Kouros and you'll be surprised what effect that will have on the woman you want to attract.

Some really good ones already mentioned.

It's sad that I am the only fan of Kenneth Cole Black however. Perfect citrus/mint scent. And the price can't be beat.

Do it.

Do it.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud