Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 28 May, 2014.

Hi everyone - have a lovely day!

Slumberhouse -- Ore.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 28 May, 2014.

Hello everyone

((Cestrum)) you make such a sweet mama bird. Hope you feel better soon. I do need a calming influence or at least someone to catch me when I fall from exhaustion but in the absence of such a person I’ve booked my massage therapist for a house call this evening. I'm also glad to know I’m not the only one whom feels clothing at home is optional The day the last tradesman leaves my place I’m going to run around my place nekkid.

Good advice Mike it was very peaceful in the BdÎ scented tent. I need to get your take on the skank factor on Bel Ami (copper cap). After reading the reviews I’m trying to figure out if we taking clean sweat, Eau de Knickers or serious post work out funk.

Mocha you made my day. I adore Une Fleur de Cassie and would be having a word with those perfume aliens of yours about a flacon.

Southerngardens I love that Gruau illustration on your avatar. It makes me want to snatch that towel and give that behind towel whip.

ExK I read that escentual.com has a sale on. I did a quick search and saw they stock Songes EdP and ship internationally. Buy Buy Quick! Kitchen is done I might do some tweaking later but everything is in and working, I'll snap some pics soon. As for bathrooms four of the five are 3/4 done. My swish new bathtub has been delivered, made it unscathed up three floors and currently sitting in my dressing room awaiting installation. I'm liking the look of the tub under a chandelier, would a chandelier in the bathroom be OTT?

Finalising holiday plans which has been hijacked somewhat by business. Ah well, it means I’ll be away a bit longer than planned which is not necessarily a bad thing. Bottega Veneta for today.
    Last edited by Xscent; 28th May 2014 at 03:06 PM. Reason: forgot to bold various items
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Good morning everyone Today is another sunny day, and I have the day off I'll soon be off to an apointment at the hairdresser. Only now saw Mike's comment yesterday : No, I still use my Iphone. A friend is trying to fix my laptop now, but he doesn't have much faith in the project :/ Sotd is No 19. Have a great day all

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone! Scent of the day is Enlevement Au Serail by MDCI Parfums - part of the sample set I ordered from them.

But then I had to take over from my babysitter for an hour while she sat an exam at university so I took the baby off for a sniffing session at the local perfume store, where I spritzed on some Dior Homme Intense (I spray this on every time I am in a bricks and mortar store - I guess I should buy the stuff since I love it so much) and some La Perla on the other hand (God, this is really good....who mentioned La Perla here recently? Was it Evangeline perhaps?)

I bought three refill atomizers of 20ml each of Chanel No 5 EDT because I sprayed some on in the airport on the way home from Slovenia on Sunday and something just clicked for me after years of intermittent trying - suddenly I saw some similarities with my beloved Bois des Iles, especially in the aldehydes and the sandalwood in the drydown, and I think I might actually be getting to like this......wow. (Good thing too, since I have a 14ml bottle of vintage pure parfum on the way to me, for the sake of reference rather than love....but it may be that I actually fall for this. Don't know yet. I will give No. 5 a fair shot this time though.)

Hello all.

Louanges Profanes 19 by Parfumerie Generale
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone and welcome back Southerngardens. Nice to see you again.

SOTD is Shalimar Parfum Initial. Best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

hello all,

Jules by Dior

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 28 May, 2014.

Vintage Eau des Îles
    Last edited by ROBERTO; 28th May 2014 at 12:28 PM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hi everybody -

Lightning post for now... I'm in Paloma Picasso by Paloma Picasso. Particularly enjoying the rose/coriander interplay on my skin.

Paloma Picasso notes: Bergamot, neroli, jasmine, rose, ylang-ylang, coriander, patchouli, vetiver, amber.

Wonderous Wednesday to all (hump day hump day hump day)!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Good morning! Shalimar Eau Légère Parfumée.

He Wood Ocean Wet Wood

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Guerlain Heritage Edp today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Institution

Shalimar (vintage Eau de Cologne) by Guerlain

The last of my bottle (this is bottle #3). I need to replace this soon. This is my Most Worn Fragrance, for sure.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

White Lilac and Rhubarb by Jo Malone

Last edited by BetsyMeszaros; 28th May 2014 at 01:45 PM.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Mike, you sure have been finishing off bottles lately!!!

Quick in and out, running late for work. Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere for me today. Easy to love...

Good morning, it RAINED here last night. I love summer rain but it dumped all at once and flooded the streets, which would be OK except I had to drive through it, which is terrifying. Found the highest way home and car made it fine. Also a drive to the airport to pick up the oldest daughter, who does not have a cell phone since hers was stolen. but they don't let you wait and find your passenger due to security so we had to send another daughter to find her as we looped around, it was a kind of messy night. Also the police managed to shoot a pot dealer, in what was apparently a botched arrest attempt a couple blocks away from the kids' babysitter. Woke with headache, and streets still too wet to run on, headache mostly beat down with imitrex shot so that isn't bad now.

ah, but the sun rises, beautiful over what looks like a calm city from here, and I am wearing just a smidge of Narcotic Venus, pretty floral, and I have all 4 of my daughters home for the summer now, that will be nice and it may be the last time!

Back to work today after being off the last 5 days. Amouage Fate Man is my scent of the day.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Perfume Calligraphy by Aramis

Easyfish - Congrats on your 6k!

Have a great day, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

​Amouage-
    Gold Woman

Good morning all.

Lovely to read everyone's shenanigans! Xscent you should certainly have a full on chandelier in the bathroom, of course!

Claire, I recently converted to No 5 after having sworn I hated it for years. However, each concentration is very different. I just bought a vintage (not certain how vintage) EDT whose opening smells like traditional No 5 but later it's chock full of Oakmoss. I was shocked about that! I want a modern EDT now to compare. I predict you'll ultimately fall in love and become addicted. Have you tried Guerlain Liu? It's got some similarities but I think it's a bit softer overall. Another winner in my book. I've been plotting how to purchase a full bottle.

Mike, those Shalimar EdCs smell amazing, best of luck hunting your replacement.

Robin, sounds like a doozy of a day. Hope you don't float away!

I'm in Lyric Woman this morning, spent the night in Memoir and thought Lyric would be a good shift. Remembering why I loved this so very much last year when I bought it. I've been so caught up with other things, mainly classics, that I'd neglected this one.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Hello all,

I am starting off the day with a fresh orange blast from Oyedo. Wonderful!

It felt like summer yesterday and feels like early April here today in New York, wearing Mitsouko pure parfum

Claire and Danie the vintage BdÎ and No.5 are very similar to my nose and skankier too.

Robin how wonderful to have all your girls together. Take care, migraines can be so draining.

ComDiva you smell amazing, Paloma Picasso is all sorts of fabulous. It's such a diva of a fragrance.

Vintage No.5 EdC and parfum tonight. Staying extra night in London is causing all sorts of dramas when your hotel is completely booked out on the night you need. Putting it in the too hard basket for now.

Last edited by Xscent; 28th May 2014 at 03:29 PM. Reason: clarity

Hey all! Hope you had a great holiday weekend!!!

I'm a little tired this morning as I'm still adjusting back to Central time from Pacific...testing one of my new scents from MadHat this morning.

Our trip to San Francisco was absolutely amazing. Not much in the way of perfume shopping was done aside from a sniffing trip to Barney's...but we did a ton of exploring.

Day 1 was ok...we were both tired from traveling. Dinner was at Farmer Brown, which is on the border of Tenderloin and my girlfriend didn't really feel safe and was a little upset with the situation. We did end up getting out to Tonga Room later in the evening which was great (an awesome Tiki Bar.)

Day 2 was Fisherman's Warf and Ghirardelli Square which were both super touristy...so we decided to pave our own path. We knocked both out within about an hour and a half and ended up walking through the Marina District and eventually making our way up to Crissy Marsh for sunset. Tupelo was our bar of choice later in the evening. Great live music and met some cool people. Ended up meeting the executive chef of a Chicago restaurant in a bar next to Tupelo who told us to come in the following day for dinner.

Day 3 was Union Square in the afternoon after deciding not to pay $125/ticket at the Giants game...I was a little bummed but the ticket prices were extremely high due to the holiday. Barney's was really cool. Did a lot of sniffing, but no buying. Dinner was at this Italian place in N. Beach which we were suggested to visit after meeting the executive chef the night before. The entire meal and drinks were almost completely comped and it was absolutely delicious...we were treated like king and queen. Just awesome. Ended the trip at the Top of the Mark, had the place pretty much to ourselves and it was the perfect end to our SF trip...sights from there were amazing at night.

Day 4...got back super late and rushing this quick trip update. So sorry for the sloppiness! Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday, I'm off to check my 300 unread emails :0
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. NEW: Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture) / SantL (A Mysore Sandalwood reference fragrance...Mysore/Woods/Spice) / Limed - ONLY 7 Bottles Remaining (Lime/Sandalwood/Cedar/Ginger/Coconut Lactone

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD SSS Incense Pure / Slumberhouse & More...

Basenotes Plus

Tradesman calling ....

SotD is Neil Morris Aegean.

(((Cestrum))) hope you feel better soon.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 28th May 2014 at 03:48 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Claire, I recently converted to No 5 after having sworn I hated it for years. However, each concentration is very different. I just bought a vintage (not certain how vintage) EDT whose opening smells like traditional No 5 but later it's chock full of Oakmoss. I was shocked about that! I want a modern EDT now to compare. I predict you'll ultimately fall in love and become addicted. Have you tried Guerlain Liu? It's got some similarities but I think it's a bit softer overall. Another winner in my book. I've been plotting how to purchase a full bottle.

Danieq, yes, the concentrations are really different! I have been innocently spraying on the EDP for years now, believing that the EDP is always the superior version, and oh how I hated it, could not understand how anyone could wear it....but now, the EDT? Wow....I think it is a yes from me. Can't wait to smell my vintage parfum! As for Liu, I do have a sample of it somewhere - I must dig it out for a try tomorrow, thanks for the prompt! The bottle looks cool, too.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Thank you very much for adding so much cheer to my birthday, dearhearts.
    Mwah from Moi!

Roberto, I've been meaning to thank you for the information about Racine. It had not been offered at Lucky Scent for a long time, so I figured it was dc’ed. Now you're saying it's reformulated or the current batch isn't as good? Sad. A couple years ago I had gotten samples for my many cousins with the last name of Racine. A certain fondness for my relatives became associated with that distinguished vetiver.

Jujy, happy to hear things are trending better all around.

(((Cello))) May you only be surrounded by people as pleasant as yourself.

(((Robin))) Upward, ever onward!

(((Cestrum))) It's not fun feeling overwhelmed. Find time for yourself amidst the haste.

Easyfish x 6,000 =

Xscent: Chandelier over the tub makes supreme sense. You're lying back anyway. Where better to have an interesting ceiling-scape.

And now for something completely different … Tuesday:
    I played life-size Tetris, fitting all of DD's apartment furniture and cookware and knickknacks into the western classroom where we already have tons of other stuff. She's moving out of her apartment, awaiting a condo opportunity. It's going to be weird around here for a while.

And now for something completely different … Wednesday:
    Painting yellow parking lines. Just waiting for the asphalt to dry before I try this new adventure, unless laziness undermines my momentum.

Having a good nuzzle of Bois des Iles. Quite a bit of Chanel banter here I see.
    Last edited by Quarry; 28th May 2014 at 04:06 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

Mrs Q, in awe of your multi-tasking capabilities - Jill of all trades, mistress of every one .

SotE - Annick Goutal Eau du Sud.

Rynegne, yay, San Francisco sounds like it was fun. We'll be in there this summer for a little while. Now, I have to admit, over numerous visits and three years living in the Bay Area, I've never had a good meal in a North Beach Italian restaurant, so if you remember the name of yours, please let me know.

Xscent, hah, yeah, the aliens will need to be consulted. Sadly my budget is blown, so being a rational, reasonable person I know I cannot buy Une Fleur de Cassie for quite some time.

Let's see how long that lasts.

I have to admit that I do worry a little about a chandelier right over the tub. Maybe if it's not turned on while bathing?

By the way, I know a family who built a house so magnificent that each of the bays of their garage has a crystal chandelier. So a chandelier in an actual room -- inside -- seems very sober and practical, in comparison.

I wore Mimosa Pour Moi for my morning errands, and I am taking advantage of cool weather now to enjoy Santal Noble out of season.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mocha View Post
    I have to admit that I do worry a little about a chandelier right over the tub. Maybe if it's not turned on while bathing?
    Oh, but what a way to go. It would be legen- (wait for it) -dary.

“You know how she died, don't you?”

“Oh, yes, the chandelier fell in the tub. Beautiful corpse, I hear.”

“Yes, they say she was a bit of a dancer.”

“Is it true she was buried wearing a bespoke tuxedo?”

“That's what some say her ghost is seen wearing.”
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Capo's and do make reservations. It was very busy! Cool to see a little Italian, Chicago style place in the heart of SF.

Rynegne, yay, San Francisco sounds like it was fun. We'll be in there this summer for a little while. Now, I have to admit, over numerous visits and three years living in the Bay Area, I've never had a good meal in a North Beach Italian restaurant, so if you remember the name of yours, please let me know.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. NEW: Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture) / SantL (A Mysore Sandalwood reference fragrance...Mysore/Woods/Spice) / Limed - ONLY 7 Bottles Remaining (Lime/Sandalwood/Cedar/Ginger/Coconut Lactone

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD SSS Incense Pure / Slumberhouse & More...

SOTE
    Last edited by easyfish; 28th May 2014 at 06:52 PM.

YR SO Elixir

Blog Entries

Evening all!

Rynegne; glad you had an enjoyable trip, welcome back!

Q; *chuckle* .

l wore Flower Market for a long day at work on this rainy day. Now house twins with Jon (yay!) in Encens Flamboyant.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Capo's and do make reservations. It was very busy! Cool to see a little Italian, Chicago style place in the heart of SF.
    Sweet, thanks. I checked it out and the menu looks a little like Rosebud. That sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post

Yes, and with a champagne flute in hand.

But maybe when she's 90.

SotE - Le Cherche Midi No.20

Fragrance Notes: Black Peppercorn, Lemon Zest, Rose Water, Bergamot, Soft Cedarwood, Sandalwood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, no, I missed wishing our beloved Mrs. Q. happy birthday on the actual day!

Sorry sorry sorry - But please know, Quarry dear, that my mistake is actually your gain... You hereby get to extend your celebration! And I am going to wear Bois des Isles in your honor for the rest of the work week.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Tradesman calling ....

Hehe, certainty enough big windows, tall enough tress might be more of a problem. It’s usually because I’m running from work to ballet and shedding clothing as I go trying to change on the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post

Yes, and with a champagne flute in hand.

But maybe when she's 90.
    Quarry and Mocha you guys had be in fits of laughter. Yes that does sound like me. Likely ended up in the tub dressed my tux because I was was swinging from the chandelier after one to many champagnes after the opera. Q you are awesome, no other word befits your talents and abilities.

Mocha we are not rational beings as much as we would like to think so. I'll look out for your next alien experience on the 'What I bought today' thread.

ComDiva I know what you are doing with that Bois des Îles and fully support such actions.

Post hump day and I’m in Bel Respiro this morning after a quick run.
    Last edited by Xscent; 29th May 2014 at 12:15 AM.

summer means fireflys

Looks like a Chanel mini-synch today! I'm in also in no5 ... the EDP. I'm another who came to no5 late after years of trying. Unlike Claire, I've found the EDP to be "my" no5.

RE bathroom chandelier: oh hellz yes! I would put a chandelier in every room of my house, if I could ... I pinned a simply gorgeous laundry room complete with small chandelier on Pinterest, I look at it often and will probably re-do my laundry room in a similar way. Some day.

rynegene, your trip sounds really great! Glad you had a good time ...

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Acqua Di Gio Essenza

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Aramis New West for Him tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Amouage Reflection Man to church this evening. Now I'm ending the night with Montale Aoud Cuir d Arabie.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Basenotes Institution

Rynegne - welcome back & thanks for the recap. Sounds like it was a quick trip but also jammed packed full of stuff. I'll be in San Fran for two weekends myself, so I hope to tackle it at a more leisurely pace.
    Xscent - when can I come over & take a bath at your place sweetie? How does Sunday afternoon sound? Hmmm??
    cello - you've noticed, eh? Yeah, it just seems like lately I'm reaching for bottles and well-I'll-be-darned, it's almost all gone. I admit that there is something very satisfying and redeeming about 'reducing' my wardrobe one bottle at a time. If only I wouldn't replace them so quickly. Well at least the last acquisitions have only been decants. That's not so bad, right?
    ErinK - where are you girl!? WE MISS YOU!
    Mocha - I read about the cool weather up in your parts last night online. How strange. I cannot imagine my heavy sweet fragrances in the hot summer we're having. I even thought wearing my Shalimar EdC this morning was risky but it was fine, that stuff is so light and easy-breezy

Had dinner after work with a great friend @ this fantastic Argentinian restaurant right around the corner from my apartment. The burrata cheese salad was so fresh I had to resist the urge to lick the plate. Same for the corvina.

It felt easy to reach for the 'brother' scent to my SOTD this morning:

Habit Rouge (vintage Eau de Cologne) + (vintage Deodorant) by Guerlain

+
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Thank you for the kind thoughts and hugs (((ExtremeK, Mocha, Xscent, Jon and Quarry!))) I am feeling better today, and will probably be back at the usual grind tomorrow. I probably sound insane rescuing an animal widely deemed a pest, but the poor things have been unfairly maligned for decades due to misinformation and mistaken identity, so that makes me especially intent on saving the little beast... poor substitute that I am for the real bird mommy. Sadly, the only rehabbers who were enlightened enough/aware of current scientific studies and were willing to take him were located too far away, in S. Orange County. Apparently, Mozart had a starling as a pet...

Xscent, a chandelier over the tub sounds amazing! And shades, I like the sound of the laundry room chandelier too!

Rynegne, thanks for the trip report! Sounds like a great time. The last time we were in SF, we wound up in the Tenderloin at night due to similar circumstances with the restaurant of choice and I was not overly pleased to be there either at that late hour.

mike, mmmmm... burrata.... and I really like your philosophy on using bottles and thinning the collection... I will have to remind myself of that more often!

Anyway… SOTD was two big sprays of Caleche…so happy to be able to smell despite the stuffiness.
    There are always flowers for those who want to see them.
    ~ Henri Matisse