Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Thursday 29 may 2014

Good morning everyone Today I'm up early and went to work as usual. Then I found out I had the "mid-shift " at 11 instead So now I'm concidering sleeping another hour The weather is warm and sunny, but I decided to wear Chergui, non the less Have a great day all
    Last edited by ineespenes; 29th May 2014 at 06:45 AM.

Default Re: SOTD Thursday 29 may 2014

` morning all,

Sampling Spellbound, a balsamic-y, Dolce Vita. Sniffed modern version. Apricots go on forever in this...wonder if Mimi would like it. Gotta question..do resins make certain notes 'cling' longer to the skin? It would make sense.

Twolf, aren't you a fan of Aliage? I sniffed it for the first time after the sales lady said, 'I don't know if you want to sniff that one, it's a weird one, I am not a fan, don't know what it is, grassy or something'. Lol, so I asked to sniff it and said, I don't think that's bad at all, kinda like it'. Have you sniffed the vintage juice? Going to guess you like this one, that oakmoss...and haven't you worn it for sotd? Do you get aldehydes in it too? Lol, tried clicking on your wardrobe and accidentally hit the ignore button, said, Twolf is a moderator and you are not allowed to ingore. LOL. Oops. Perhaps it's Kumquat that likes the Aliage?
    Last edited by kalli; 29th May 2014 at 08:40 AM.

Hi all - have a lovely day!

Chypre Palatin.

Rynegne what a wonderful trip, especially the food bit! Emails seem to be the price we pay for time away.

Shades a chandelier in the laundry would be so sweet. Do it and take pics. I’m partial to the EdP too although No.5 in any version is wonderful in my world. My Chanel SA asked me last month if I would like a 30.4oz of the parfum grand extrait, they have one flaçon available. It took all of my willpower to walk away from that gigantic bottle.

Cestrum I’m sure you are doing a marvellous job, the baby bird is lucky to have you. Would the enlightened rehabbers be able to talk to the other rehabbers on your behalf?

Mike of course you can come round Sunday afternoon for a soak. I'll be using my bottle of vintage L’heure Bleue bath oil for the inaugural soak.

Ineespenes I hope you enjoyed your few hours off and the sunshine, I haven’t made friends with Chergui yet. I must try it again.

Fleur de Louis tonight for ballet. Snuck in couple of spritzes from my sisters bottle after she dropped off the first of this seasons peonies.

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, Balenciaga Cristobal for me today.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Aoud Meloki by Montale

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Adolfo Dominguez Agua Fresca today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Hello all. Diptyque Eau de Lavande.
    DONNA

Christian Dior Cuir Cannage today. I don't think this one is going to be a full bottle purchase for me.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Thursday 29 may 2014

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Another spritz and dash day for me... Parfums de Nicholai Vanille Tonka today. Wishing everyone a thrilling Thursday... and a soak in XScent's glorious tub.

Vanille Tonka notes: Vanilla, frankincense, tonka bean, tangerine, lime.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

kalli, no, there is no ignoring Twolf!!!
    ComDiva, I really like Vanille Tonka, and have a bottle that I need to wear more. You smell very nice!
    Hermes Hiris today for me, another one that I need to wear more often.

Bentley for Men Intense

Good morning, good smelling people.

Mure et Musc Extreme today, mon mieleur. The simple and perfect.

Blog Entries

Hi all,

Black Orchid for my day off today, & l'm off for a short trip into town to get a present for a dear colleague of mine who is leaving tomorrow.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Xscent, isn't that the truth! Hope you enjoyed ballet.

Still getting used to the time change being back in Central ...Did a lot of cleaning yesterday as I'm getting ready to move out in a few days. The whole moving process really stinks, but in the end it will be worth it...having a place to call my own. I figured it's time to pull the trigger so to speak, with housing prices rising in the Chicagoland Area.

Wearing Gucci pour Homme I today. A calming, meditative scent is just what I need.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Basenotes Institution

Serpentine by Comme des Garcons

First time, from a decant. I am instantly enjoying this - it walks the thin line between crunchy green notes and ultra-synthetic CdG weirdness. It also smells fantastic in hot sticky humid weather, that we're having today in Miami. I see this becoming something I'll reach for a lot in Summer 2014.

Xscent - LHB Bath Oil..! Jeez, when can we marry each other?
    kalli - that was funny about 'ignoring' TWolf. I love Aliage, it smells so much like Lauder for Men which I love, just a tad lighter and well...fruitier. I think it's Evangeline who wears it a lot, it's one of her 'tennis scents' if I remember correctly.
    Robin-in-FL - hope you're having fun with all of your daughters at home for now, enjoy it while it lasts
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

This one sounds really interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    First time, from a decant. I am instantly enjoying this - it walks the thin line between crunchy green notes and ultra-synthetic CdG weirdness. It also smells fantastic in hot sticky humid weather, that we're having today in Miami. I see this becoming something I'll reach for a lot in Summer 2014.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Basenotes Plus

Aramis Perfume Calligraphy Saffron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning! I have been MIA for a few days - went home for Kentucky over the long weekend (and took a couple extra days off).

I see that I missed Quarry's birthday when I was gone, so a very belated Happy Birthday, Quarry!!! I am so sad that I missed your party but so happy to see that you received a good old fashioned Basenotes-style spoilin'.

I'm in No.19 today. Edit to add: I just got a compliment on it! I was walking a bit in front of someone and she said, "You smell good! What is your perfume?" I told her and she nodded and said, "Nice." That just made my day.
    Last edited by ErinK; 29th May 2014 at 03:25 PM.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Erin, she's right!

Shades, you absolutely should have a chandelier in the laundry room. That would have to make laundry day much more pleasant!

Xscent, may I get in line behind Mike? And 30.4oz of Extrait! And you said no? I am amazed at your self control! And drooling at the thought of all that Extrait.

Rynegne , your trip to SF sounds amazing.

I'm in My vintage Chanel No 5 EDT this morning. Seeing as it's not what I was expecting, I'm trying to figure out how I feel about it still. I need to stop thinking of it as No 5 I think. It's nothing at all like the modern EDT so I thinks it's gone off, but I don't actually think it's bad. I'd kind of like to send a sample to someone who also has vintage EDT for comparison.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Elizabeth Arden Green Tea- for some reason, no matter how many other fragrances are tested by me, still getting back to this almost unisex, light and uncomplicated, but highly refreshing and energetic summer classic, an enjoyment to revisit especially during warmer temperatures.

Acqua di Parma: Blu Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panarea

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all !.

What a difference a few minutes make - checked in with serious ErinK withdrawal symptoms ...

Look at me now ...

Xscent, still playing the role of tradesman today

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 29th May 2014 at 04:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Mona di Orio-
    Cuir

Good morning! Terracotta Voile d'Ete.

Wow, kumquat, now that photo woke me up. Um, I'll vote "no."

And Jon your photos and emoticons were equally hilarious.

Mike, that CdG sounds neat, and that's a great looking bottle.

Rynegne, congratulations! Are you still going to be in the western suburbs?

勝美! welcome!

It's another cooler day today, but the sun is out, and it's gorgeous. I'm not complaining anyway because it gives me a chance to wear Private Collection one more time before the heat of summer settles in.

Quarry and Xscent never fail to bring a smile to my face. Thank you, ladies Love the idea of a chandelier over your swish tub (sounds perfect, actually). Safety be damned!

Mocha, I, too, am thrilled to hear you've fallen prey to Une Fleur de Cassie's considerable charms. She's so magnetically lovely.

Welcome back, rynegne! I admit I haven't braved the Tenderloin yet, except to pass through it on the trolley. I do love Barneys, though Where is your new place located? Is it a house? Condo? Other?

Welcome back, ErinK I hope your trip home was healing and rejuvenating. ((Hugs)) to you, sweetie.

I'm in sampling mode, working my through the ridiculous number I ordered. So far, I quite like CdG x Monocle Laurel, Profumum Acqua Viva, Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien (why, oh why can't this last longer than hour on me???), and Nobile 1942 Estroverso, which is what I'm wearing now.

Have a good day, all!

Blog Entries

Mocha, yes, that's what I meant. This is a bit on the 'butch overload' side for me.

ExtremeK, Eau D'Hadrien EDP is what you need for any longevity or silage at all. Although, Acqua Viva ​is the same stuff on steroids.

SOTE ( as usual, a lil fun frag in the evening)

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Rochas Man.

For sotE I'm daring and wear Muscs koublai khan ( in public ) I love it

Blog Entries

Quarry, a belated Happy Birthday to you!

Today I'm wearing YSL In Love Again, the first version bottle.

I've been busy! Shopping ahead for my daughter's upcoming dorm needs, trying to beat the rush; am nearly finished with that. In the past 2 weeks we've had a slew of award events to attend for her as well (it's great but makes for busy evenings!)

Lastly, I've had repeated visits to the optician. My vision has changed in both eyes and in all distances, and I couldn't get away with over the counter readers any more. I won't bore you with the details but let's just say my wallet is quite a bit lighter, and I am seeing better.

Feminite du Bois

I am just steps away from the beautiful Pacific shore, wearing Patchouli by Santa Maria Novella and drinking a Tom Collins. Life is good. Cheers!

Kumquat you really got my attention with that picture.

Shalimar EDP for me layered over Shalimar EDT.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Blog Entries

SotN - Choco Musk Perfume Oil by Al Rehab

Armani Code Sport

After a long run tonight and shower I'm ending today with Absolue Pour le Soir. Lots of honey and incense.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

bleu autumn haze

Just squeaking in ... another 15 hour work day today. I'm wearing Herve Leger and received two compliments on it. Will catch up later, now it's off to bed ...

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Aramis Havana tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I finished out the evening in Vintage L'Heure Blue Lotion Vegetale as a body spray and few dabs of the Vintage Extrait
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge