Code of Conduct

Default Le Galion Sortilege, fake or not?

Good morning from sunny Norway

Last year I purchased a vintage bottle of Sortilege from Le Galion on Ebay. The price was $21, which I concider to ble quite reasonable.

When I google pictures, I can't find the box my bottle came in, and I see in an Etsy sale, that the bottle sold there has the manufacturer's name imprinted in bottom of the bottle, and mine has not. So, I wonder - is mine a fake or just a 'variation' ?

sortilege.jpg rsz_sortilegeeske.jpg rsz_sortilegeeske2.jpg
    Visit my Norwegian blog
    http://www.hagenpahytta.net
    Gardening, nature, food, perfume, life.

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors"
    Mary Cantwell

Default Re: Le Galion Sortilege, fake or not?

Without being an expert, I don't think you should worry. There are always many variations in bottles by country. Besides, Sortilege isn't something that was or is as desirable to have generated fakes.

Rather, the usual problem with vintage is quality, whether it has turned or not. The price was very good.

cacio

The price was excellent IMO!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

I agree with Cacio ​it wasn't common or desirable (profitable) to fake this rather obscure fragrance. This is genuine. The box is fairly complex. Likely they simply varied their printing procedures from time to time.

Oh, that is good news! Thank you all. I must say, I was thinking I would have wanted conciderably more than 21 dollars for the job if I should have made a good fake

The juice is quite nice. Old school, French, peach-y, from same "family" as Chanel no.5. Impression; bedroom in old house, clean and ironed bedsheets, soap ready by the washing bowl. Someone closed the door and forgot about the room, and linen, soap and dust have formed a warm, calm, pleasant unity.
    Visit my Norwegian blog
    http://www.hagenpahytta.net
    Gardening, nature, food, perfume, life.

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors"
    Mary Cantwell