Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Friday, 30 May, 2014.

Hi everyone - happy Friday!

Eva Kant - O'Driu.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Friday, 30 May, 2014.

hello all,

Good morning!
    My sotd is Prada's Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger.

I like it, but find it a tad 'cloying', so I rarely use it.
    Visit my Norwegian blog
    http://www.hagenpahytta.net
    Gardening, nature, food, perfume, life.

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors"
    Mary Cantwell

Hello all. Jo Malone Sweet Lime and Cedar.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Morning all. I am wearing Promesse a L'Aube today, by MDCI.

I have been gone a few days, but I get back to scenes of absolute bacchanalia, with Xscent, Mike, and Danieq all having baths together...sounds like you are all having fun, so may I jump in too please?? But the bath oil cannot be L'Heure Bleue. I hate it with a passion. Can we all agree on, let's say, Shalimar bath creme?

Kumquat - dear God, my eyes, my eyes. There is not enough eye bleach in the world to erase that picture. Thanks for that....

Jon - you have the best and funniest gifs evah!

Mocha - I have always liked the descriptions of Private Collection, but I cannot find samples of it anywhere and I am a bit afraid to order it blind. How would you compare it to other greens such as Chamade, No. 19, Le Temps d'Une Fete (all of which I own) - would it be overlapping or duplication to own Private Collection if I have these already, for example? Thanks for your thoughts!

Ineespenes - Wow, congratulations on your first bell jar! I don't have one yet, but if I was buying one, MKK would be a serious contender. How fabulous are you, going for one of the least safe ones! I bet you smell gorgeous.

Blog Entries

Morning all & a happy Friday!

Off to work soon in Narcisse Noir, modern EDT.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Happy Friday everyone and it's a long weekend for me (yippee!)

Mike perfume and a long soak in a bath tub are always available, you just need to hop a plane honey.

Danieq, ComDiva and ClaireV if you can get Mike out the tub then it’s all yours. As for bath oils I’m not short on those either .

((ErinK)) nice to have you back.

Kumquat had to do a double take at your pic yesterday. Good God that was almost a sweater.

Ineespenes congrats on the bell jar! Aren’t they just adorable? I haven’t tried MKK with have to soon given it’s skank rep.

Jon hmmm I wonder what trade you will be plying tonight? My electrician is wee Irish guy who brogue is so thick I had to keep asking him to repeat himself until I got embarrassed after which I just nodded and pretended I understood him.

ExK oh you sweet enabler you! You talk my kind of sense, I'll will have a browse bathroom chandelier inspiration this weekend.

Divas of design (Quarry, ExK and ErinK) I’ve stuffed your inbox with kitchen reno pics.

Clear sunny Autumn day, the London Plane trees are shedding their leaves and the light has a beautiful clarity to it. Woke up with an overwhelming urge to smell Eau Savage today so I drained the last ml from a vintage mini. I remember my late grandfather always wore this scent with a white linen shirt and straw fedora.

In celebration of ineespene first bell jar I’m going to break out mine. La Myrrhe for me tonight.

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Good morning everyone Well, I must say I'm veeery excited about the belljar too It hasn't arrived yet, so in the meantime I wear the sample.
    It's defenitely skanky, but not overwhelmingly so. I got lots of positive feedback yesterday. Particularly from men When I bought it I thought I should just " go for it and do it properly". On my skin it's most skanky in the topnotes. It smells of goatfur, dirt/ soil and I get the skanky note in Musc Ravageur ( civet?) too. After a while it really softens, and gets much sweeter. At this point it smells sweet. Like,incence and amber. Then then the rose blends in. In the basenotes I'm left with a skinlike scent. I could also have bought Bois de violette, but in the end I knew I loved the MKK. For today's synch ( and work), I'm wearing the much safer No88. Also a favourite of mine. Have a great day all
    Last edited by ineespenes; 30th May 2014 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Stupid Iphone and small letters make me type wrong :p

Today I'm starting off with Jicky. I did 7 "dips" of current Jicky extrait along with 10 sprays of the current eau de toilette. Compared to my vintage bottle of extrait none of the current formulation comes close to the amount of civet I smell in the vintage. I still enjoy all of them.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Friday, 30 May, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Hello and happy Friday to all. Roberto Cavalli Oro for me today.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

On a phone & in synch with Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily. Tonight I'll continue celebrating Quarry's birthday week in Bois des Iles.

Dark Amber & Ginger Lily notes: Kyara wood. amber, black orchid. black cardamom, ginger and water lily.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Czech & Speake Cuba today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Plus

JARDINS D'ECRIVAINS GEORGE

Have a great day, everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good morning! Guerlain La Petite Robe Noir.

Basenotes Institution

Wearing:

Precious Woods by April Aromatics

First time from a decant. This is FAN-tastic. Incredible sandalwood. Instant love!
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Good afternoon!
    I am wearing Pacifica Mediterranean Fig.
    Lovely to see what you are all choosing to wear.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Good morning, everyone!

Thank you for the sweet welcomes back, Jon, Xscent, and ExtremeK and the sweet "we miss you" post, (((Mike.))). You guys are the best! I had a really nice trip home and yes, ExK, it was rejuvenating. I got to meet my brother's fiance and her family. She is a very sweet girl and I don't think my brother could have chosen any better.

shades, I saw you in Herve Leger yesterday. I picked up a bottle for $15 at Dillards many years ago. I wore it maybe ten times, and then last year swapped it away. Then I learned it was discontinued and sort of kicked myself for swapping it, as bottles online have been $200+, but I just did a google search and it's available for $84 on the Herve Leger website, Nordstrom, etc. I guess they've brought it back. When I sampled Cuir de Lancome it reminded me quite a bit of Herve Leger.

Rev,
    you are making me so jealous with all your Jicky, which is near the top of my to buy list. I drained a vintage sample in no time flat. I am not sure whether when I buy it will be vintage or modern.

I'm in Carven Ma Griffe today, edt (thank you Basenotes fairy godmother who sent this to me!). I love it but I must have sprayed 10 sprays and it's so faint. I think I need an EDP.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Blog Entries

Creed-
    Jardin D'Amalfi
    Lemony white floral bouquet.

Good morning, good smelling people.

I am in Neil Morris City Rain today. Low pitched, wet floral. I like it because it does match well the humid summers here, it doesn't smell like rain but it smells good in the humidity and rain, it coordinates.

Urban Tweed For Men by Jardins De France

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Good morning all. I have missed a few days so I have no idea what you people have gotten up to! Today I did a semi-random shelf grab and am wearing Hermès 24 Faubourg Eau Delicate.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    Jon hmmm I wonder what trade you will be plying tonight?

In synch today, so I will just be masquerading as the quintessential English gentleman.

SotD is Penhaligon's LP No 9.

Default S.O.T.D. - Friday, 30 May, 2014.

Happy Friday everyone! Today I'm wearing Sunshine and Pancakes from 4160 Tuesdays.

I've just come back from two weeks in California where we had a marvelous time, and I fell in love - with Forbidden, by House of Matriarch. I spent three days and nights at an outdoor music festival in Monterey and it was just the perfect scent for the environment and occasion. I can't even describe how dangerous, complex, and intriguing it smells, it is definitely one of my new favorites. I want to go out tonight after dark and roam around outside just so I can experience this fragrance again.

"Forbidden begins with a bold absinthe and damiana opening, then sweetly drops into an intoxicating heart accord of tuberose, wild mushroom and cypriol. A smooth finish of precious woods, snake leather and sweet baked earth complete this long-lasting unisex perfume experience."

Last edited by LivelyupURself; 30th May 2014 at 03:23 PM.

Serge Lutens Fleurs de Citronnier

In synch with Illuminum Rose Oud with "Made in England" on the bottle. Don't like oud, not crazy about rose, love this stuff. It's definitely my new favorite.

Contains notes of jasmine, lily of the valley, Moroccan rose, oud, spicy and woody notes and castoreum. It's a unisex and I can definitely see that in this one.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Good morning and best wishes to all.

I totally forgot about the sync. I need to set a calendar reminder every Thursday to look at that thread.

This will be a hectic and crazy weekend, with my mother's 87th birthday, my oldest daughter's high school graduation and my youngest daughter's cello concert and ballet recital. Also there's a bicycle race tomorrow in my town that closes off our street all day. I can't wait until Monday.

It's a beautiful spring day here, perfect for my beloved Ylang 49.

ClaireV, I am not good with categorizations but I do not think Private Collection is very like Chanel No. 19, which I adore. It's not intensely and completely green like No. 19. Though it does share a dryness, I suppose. I have sampled Le Temps d'Une Fete and also find that different than Private Collection. I seem to remember that you are in Europe, so maybe Estee Lauder doesn't have good distribution, but if possible I'd look for a Lauder cosmetics counter to try it, because I am not a successful blind buyer myself. I think of Private Collection as a strong American chypre, with a green beginning but then more floral, but not in a smell-like-a-rose way. It has a beautiful drydown that really lasts. Sorry to be so unhelpful! Perfume description is not my forte.

Blog Entries

Ormonde Jayne-
    Woman
    Changing for the English synch.
    My favorite British offering.
    Luscious green hemlock woods.
    Sensuous springtime fumes.

Before gym: Agua Fahrenheit After gym:Frank No. 2 Los Angeles

SOTE
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Halston I-12, vintage

Basenotes Plus

Staying in synch for the evening - Floris Eau De Santal.

Gin & Lime concentree - Pell Wall.

Shelter Island by Bond No.9

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    In synch today, so I will just be masquerading as the quintessential English gentleman.

Jon, you *are* the quintessential English gentleman.

Celebrating Britishness for the synch in Stella McCartney's Sheer Stella this evening.

Today was a bittersweet day at work. A dear colleague & friend left today for pastures new. We've worked together for a very long time, & l'm really going to miss her.

On the upside, l now have two weeks off. Xscent; l hope that sunshine you promised is on its way?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Institution

I'm totally out of synch ladies & gents - oh well.

More luxury sandalwood goodness in:

Richwood by Xerjoff

LOL @ a group bath in Xscent's chandelier'd bathtub. Shalimar Bath Creme sounds delightful Claire. Danieq can you rub my back? Xscent - be a dear and grab the shampoo bottle. Do you think these champagne flutes might fall off the edge of the tub?

"The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Wearing CK Truth.

The wonderful and decadent Ambre Russe, well the remains from yesterday, 'cause is still on me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

happy is the bleu heart<3

Not in synch today ... I'm wearing Bottega Veneta today. So glad it's Friday (and payday too!!)!

Erin, the Herve Leger was a blind buy years ago ... I always seem to get a lot of compliments when wearing it. It reminds me of Lancome's Hypnose a little bit.

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post

+1 with teardrop's comment and a BIG sweetheart.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Jon, you *are* the quintessential English gentleman.

Celebrating Britishness for the synch in Stella McCartney's Sheer Stella this evening.

Today was a bittersweet day at work. A dear colleague & friend left today for pastures new. We've worked together for a very long time, & l'm really going to miss her.

On the upside, l now have two weeks off. Xscent; l hope that sunshine you promised is on its way?
    teardrop working on it hon, I've got sun on the way for the weekend then I'll bring some rain in to water your gardens before rretruning you back to sun. I'm two weeks away and counting!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post

LOL @ a group bath in Xscent's chandelier'd bathtub. Shalimar Bath Creme sounds delightful Claire. Danieq can you rub my back? Xscent - be a dear and grab the shampoo bottle. Do you think these champagne flutes might fall off the edge of the tub?

Mike well naturally I will have a buff manservant to hold your champagne flute while you bathe. I was anticipating you would need a top up or two.

Ballet classes this morning and although it's Saturday in my world it's still Friday somewhere so I'm synching with Molton Brown Heavenly Gingerlilly.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Amouage Epic Man this evening and now Amouage Gold Man to end the night.

I'm taking one of my daughters fishing for the first time tomorrow so I'm pretty excited about that. I condensed one of my tackle boxes down and got the poles ready to go :-).
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

This bath is getting to be quite the event. I can do with Shalimar. And I do have good massage fingers Mike, but someone will need to return the favor! It sounds like we may need a full on Jacuzzi for the size of the party though! Hmmm, perhaps a change of plans on the design Xscent???

I'm in L'Heure de Nuit this evening, testing out it's powderiness. It's quite the powder bomb in the beginning, but has softened out now to something more tolerable.

Had a full day out and about with Mr. Fantastic today, doing a very wee remodel of our own in adding a lighted ceiling fan to the living area. Picked out something very fun called Merrimac which I'm excited to see up and running.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge