Code of Conduct

Default Houbigant Quelques Fleurs

Hi All,

I'm a long time lurker on the forums! This is my first post.

I just blind bought Houbigant Quelques Fleurs as a possible wedding fragrance. I'm usually the kind of woman who wears FM Musc Ravageur / Lipstick Rose and SL Ambre Sultan / Douce Amere.

I get married in the middle of August in a beautiful and intimate Art Nouveau venue with a pretty roof garden. My dress is somewhat of a statement dress, being a dropped waist A-line number made of a satin lining and layered Spanish Lace.

Have I done the right thing?!? Any recommendations for wedding day fragrances will be most gratefully received!

Thanks,
    CC xx

Blog Entries

Default Re: Houbigant Quelques Fleurs

Welcome! QF is very nice indeed. You should have a beautiful time. I have a vintage parfum. I don't know what the current juice is like, though. Let us know how you like it!

Welcome, Cat! And congratulations on your coming marriage!

Your scent is just that---YOURS. Wear what you like, regardless the marketing, the gender, or anyone else's associations.

I wore White Shoulders because it was as gift from my husband. His mother wore it to her wedding. Not my choice to wear now, but I have memories of it. (I usually like leather florals like Cuir de Lancome, Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur and Dior Cuir Cannage.)

For an Art Nouveau flair, also try Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (1912) and Apres L'Ondee (1906). As your Quelque Fleurs is from 1913, you might like these. They are somewhat powdery florals with woods and herbs. I urge you to wear what your heart enjoys!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Welcome, and congratulations!
    It sounds like it will be a wonderful ceremony.

Quelques fleurs is nicely floral and certainly appropriate, though better in vintage. Thinking of art nouveau, I was also going back to the era, but rather than the dreamy Guerlains, I was thinking about the more assertive L'origan, which sadly doesn't exist anymore (except in a $$$$ copy Grossmith Shams el Nessim).

cacio

Blog Entries

Floris- Edwardian Bouquet is a very good floral.