Code of Conduct

Smile Cool, refreshing, dry, not sweet, non-citrus, a bit bitter, feminine, niche... Any suggestions?

Most of the fragrances I tried, that can be described this way, are too complex and behave unpredictable on the skin. I'd like something really pure and mild, but without any sweetness at all. Appreciate any help because I'm a very busy mummy and there are too many fragrances in the world.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cool, refreshing, dry, not sweet, non-citrus, a bit bitter, feminine, niche... Any suggestions?

I assume you are thinking of dept store to start? Try Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue, Chanel- 31 Rue Cambon, Estée Lauder- Azureé But now I see Niche? You can go to LuckyScent and search 'fragrances' and try anything that you think sounds good. Wow, so many. Hermes- Une Jardin Sur Le Nil maybe to start.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cool, refreshing, dry, not sweet, non-citrus, a bit bitter, feminine, niche... Any suggestions?

Hi & welcome, Tigress!

lt sounds as though you may like green scents, so here are my suggestions;

Debut by DelRae
    Carillon pour un Ange by Tauer
    Chanel No.19 & Cristalle

You may also enjoy vetiver-based fragrances; perhaps the vetiver experts might care to chime in here?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Institution

Splash Forte by IUNX
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Welcome!

Your description also makes me think about fresh green, examples of which were already mentioned (I could toss in more, like Jacomo Silences, or my favorite,sadly discontinued, paco Rabanne Metal).

But pure and mild recalls the style of perfumer Ellena, who is now at Hermes. Hence the Jardins, which are not niche, or the Hermessences, the more expensive line, for instance Iris Ukiyoe or the (fleeting) Brin de Reglisse.

cacio

Try Musc Nomade by Annick Goutal, ticks all your boxes.

Perhaps also the unisex Blu Mediterraneo niche EDC line by Acqua di Parma might be suitable, except their too blatantly citrus-dominated scents like Arancia di Capri or Bergamotto di Sardegna. All the other Blu Mediterraneo scents fit most requirements- unisex, therefore easily wearable by each gender, a certain dryness, astringency, even acidity, without becoming pungent or acrid, even a certain non-sweet, moderate bitterness in the more gourmand offerings like Mandorlo di Sicilia, niche quality, fresh enough and also cooling, rather than warm and heavy, to be worn during summer.

Better than any niche: A bottle of Chanel No. 19 a few years old (the new stuff has been ruined by reformulation, pale with a fruity sweet drydown).

I + for Chanel no 19. You can also try Ava Luxe's Absinthe. ( www.ava-luxe.com) I haven't tried it, but it sounds about right from the description

Blog Entries

Bond No.9- Eau de New York, Creed- Royal Water

The one fragrance that came to mind with these adjectives is Chanel 28 La Pausa. Cool, dry, non-sweet (almost slightly sour?) iris, soft and mild, no citrus at all to my nose. Another fairly non-sweet iris is Hermes Hiris.

I also thought of Atelier Colognes Sous le Toit de Paris, which is a soft refreshing violet cologne that brings out the bitter green aspects of violet rather than sweetness. But it's a bit hard to find.

Blog Entries

Iris is a good one. You might like LeLabo Iris 31- dry sophisticated

Wearing Gris clair by Serge Lutens and I think you would like it. It's basically a lavenderscent with a touch of incence and iris. Very dry,herbal and soft .

Vetiver is good suggestion teardrop. Maybe try Grey Vetiver. Another one is Bel Respiro grassy green perfect summer/spring scent and Mito. If you are willing to have bit of a hunt round the now discontinued Envy by Gucci is cool, metallic green floral.

A tea scent such as Gucci Pour Homme II and Escale à Pondichéry might be worth considering.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Hi there, what you are looking for sounds delicious. I've found two very different fragrances that to me fill those qualities. Annick Goutal Mandragore and Hermès Un Jardin Après La Mousson.

Baghari?

for swap/sale: