Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Today I Bought - June 2014

Lasted less than day this month.

Just ordered Mito EdP
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Default Re: Today I Bought - June 2014

In Paris presently, and just upgraded my ancient decant to a full jar of Iris Silver Mist.
    Had intended to replace my bottle of MKK too, but as I feared, it's just not the same anymore. Tant pis ...

Bought at the end of May but didn't arrive until this morning, I just got 15ml of vintage Miss Dior parfum for £18 including postage, and it would just be rude not to, at that price

So now I have a back up for the back up of my back up bottle.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    Lasted less than day this month.

Just ordered Mito EdP
    Congrats, Xscent! Mito was a jaw-dropper for me from the very first sniff. It's an absolutely gorgeous scent & easily at the top of my favorites. Enjoy!!

My latest purchase of En Passant arrived today. (Happy dance) When I first sampled this over a year ago & I was a bit meh about it, but a recent retest won me over. It totally captures the scent of the lilacs my Dad planted below my bedroom window many years ago. A fond memory & a gorgeous scent.

Last nights mail contained decants of Une Fleur de Cassie, Iris Nazrena and Ombré Indigo!

Today's mail included a 4ml vintage Ysatis Parfum.
    Last edited by danieq; 3rd June 2014 at 04:11 AM.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    Last nights mail contained decants of Une Fleur de Cassie, Iris Nazrena and Ombré Indigo!

Today's mail included a 4ml vintage Ysatis Parfum.
    Danieq it makes me very happy to know you have UFdC. Ombré Indigo sounds interesting to, I’m tempted by colour alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Genie Jeanie View Post
    Congrats, Xscent! Mito was a jaw-dropper for me from the very first sniff. It's an absolutely gorgeous scent & easily at the top of my favorites. Enjoy!!

My latest purchase of En Passant arrived today. (Happy dance) When I first sampled this over a year ago & I was a bit meh about it, but a recent retest won me over. It totally captures the scent of the lilacs my Dad planted below my bedroom window many years ago. A fond memory & a gorgeous scent.
    Thanks Genie Jeanie how wonderful that En Passant brings about such a scent association for you. Have you tried Guerlinade? Another wonderful lilac, just like burying your nose in a cloud of purple lilacs. Mito haunted me, coupled with no self control a purchase was inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by sfmedusa View Post
    Bought at the end of May but didn't arrive until this morning, I just got 15ml of vintage Miss Dior parfum for £18 including postage, and it would just be rude not to, at that price

So now I have a back up for the back up of my back up bottle.
    sfmedusa agreed, it would've been very rude. I'm glad your exemplary manners has forced your hand in such matter. Oh and I see we have the same back up strategy for ensuring continuing supplies of our favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    In Paris presently, and just upgraded my ancient decant to a full jar of Iris Silver Mist.
    Had intended to replace my bottle of MKK too, but as I feared, it's just not the same anymore. Tant pis ...
    Nooooooooo! Tell me it isn’t so, how disappointing.

Also here to report I also bought Bel Ami today.
    Last edited by Xscent; 3rd June 2014 at 02:43 PM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Whoops. Wrong thread.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Guerlain Terracotta le parfum, and last week Olfactive Studios Chambre Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    Danieq it makes me very happy to know you have UFdC. Ombré Indigo sounds interesting to, I’m tempted by colour alone.
    I have to say that I had a sample pre-reformulation which is what I made my buying decision based on. The fragrance is not the same sadly. There is a very strong dirt note in the new form.

However, I've found that Amouage Opus III has a very similar vibe to the pre-reformulation version. I shall have to find a way to love the scent of dirt to enjoy my new decant I guess.

The Ombre Indigo is very interesting leather.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

danieq, I will be interested to hear your thoughts on Iris Nazarena.

Yesterday I ordered some Jicky EDP, new. I'm stalking ebay for some vintage edt, but not willing, at the moment, to pay $200 for it. We'll see how the modern EDP goes for me.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Genie, congrats! I didn't know you liked lilacs, aren't those a bit green?. That's a scent I really should try.

Just got Queen Latifah gift set (body butter and 3.4 oz bottle) at TJMaxx for $12 ,they had another style set for the same that had a mini and lotion instead of the butter. I like QL it is a sweet amber patchouli incense blend similar to Boyfriend,Nirvana Black, Prada Amber,Costume National Scent,Fancy Nights, Ambre Narguile ,and A*men Havane. Hope that helps if anyone else is interested too!
    Fragrance Omnivore

L' Eau D' Issey Summer 2009

i bought a bottle of nahema

Quote Originally Posted by pomegranate View Post
    i bought a bottle of nahema
    Congrats

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    ...Yesterday I ordered some Jicky EDP, new. I'm stalking ebay for some vintage edt, but not willing, at the moment, to pay $200 for it. We'll see how the modern EDP goes for me.
    Exciting!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Congrats
    One of the Guerlains I have never smelled! How is it?

Basenotes Plus

I have blown my budget big time already. I bought:

A gently used bathtub sized bottle of Chanel Cuir de Russie EDT on eBay for 170 euros (the most I have ever spent on a perfume, and I am still shaking)
    A 75ml bottle of Bois des Iles, also on eBay, for a little less than 120 euros.
    A 7ml bottle of vintage Chanel No. 22 (for $41!)
    A 30ml bottle of vintage Shalimar EDT for $17 plus shipping

And then, the splits I was in for 5mls each of Bois des Iles and Vol de Nuit extraits just closed so I had to pay those as well........my credit card is crying! No more for me for a while, I think.

Ipp and ClaireV, thanks! it's a very lush rose with green notes, very sweet, then dries down to soft woods. it's possibly my favourite guerlain along with l'heure bleue!

Congratulations on Nahema, it is one of MY Guerlains, although I am not on easy terms with L'Heure Bleue. I think it is a reference rose scent -- featuring rose de mai not a deeper darker variety -- with sweet and slightly heady fruit and mellow woods and musks at the base.

Oh, Nahema! Happy day!

Clairev, that is a lovely collection of goodies you've found, enjoy!

Erink, I found Vintage Jicky on perfume row in Ft worth a while back, if you have access to any of those huge perfume store, you might try there. I got a great price. It is wonderful stuff! But the Extrait!!! Love!

Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    danieq, I will be interested to hear your thoughts on Iris Nazarena.

Yesterday I ordered some Jicky EDP, new. I'm stalking ebay for some vintage edt, but not willing, at the moment, to pay $200 for it. We'll see how the modern EDP goes for me.
    Pops head up... did someone say Jicky? Keep looking on eBay I recently got a great deal for a very very old bottle of vintage Jicky extrait for $66.

Congrats on your purchase and hopefully it is to your liking.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Hopefully, a back up.

$_57.JPG

Vintage Caron Belladogia, 2 fl oz EdT. $8. Can't tell how full this is as I can't get the top off, but it is heavy and smells absolutely amazing.

Vintage Boucheron edp 2.5 oz (this is gorgeous orange blossom on my skin.)

L'Air du Temps EdT (gift for a friend who loves it)

Vintage Shalimar bath oil mini (this smells amazing!)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

Guerlain Parfum du 68 at the G boutique in Las Vegas...
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Diorissimo 0.34 fl oz esprit de parfum

Is there a way to determine how much juice is left?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pave lol, I'm having the same dilemma with my Caron Belladogia. Yours could be a refillable case, which mine is. If so, the collar should come off and you should be able to pull out the refill. In my case, the collar seems to be stuck fast and I can't get it off. Need to see if my hubby can give it a go. Sometimes there is a screw head on the bottom that must be turned to release a lock.

Thanks for your reply! I searched on the internet and it seems that the silver edition is a refillable case, not the gold one. Too bad I have the gold one There are already some marks near the sprayer, perhaps somebody already tried to get the bottle out of the case.

Bottega Veneta edp

Quote Originally Posted by cazaubon View Post
    Bottega Veneta edp
    Ooh, that's next on my to-buy list.

John Lewis had the 100ml of Prada Infusion d'Iris for less than the 50ml, so I bought a big bottle of that.

The BV dry oil was lovely too... May go back and get that to layer with it.

I love lilacs as a flower, kalli, but it doesn't seem to be a popular scent in perfumes. I probably would have never sampled En Passant if I hadn't received a generous sample from a BN buddy. (miss you, Whitefluffy!) There are some muted green aspects, but nothing sharp. It's quite a soft scent. I think you should try it & I know you don't like green notes! Now I need to find a sample of the Guerlinade that Xscent recommends.

Danieq, I'm green with envy over those beautiful bottles! Bellodgia is a gorgeous scent. Did you ever get it open? Please do sniff & tell.

To be relevant, I did get a great deal on a backup bottle of Mito. I just can't be without this stunner & now I can spritz with abandon!

Hello everyone! First post here! Yesterday I blind ordered the new fragrance from Patricia Nicolai - Musc monoi. Altough I promised no more blind buys but I just couldn't wait for samples to become available online and it sounded like a nice summer frag and something I should like based on the notes...So we'll see...Wasn't too expensive anyway, I bought the small 30 ml bottle directly from the site so we'll see...fingers crossed

Just bought a bottle Grey Flannel for £5 in TKMaxx.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by Genie Jeanie View Post
    I love lilacs as a flower, kalli, but it doesn't seem to be a popular scent in perfumes. I probably would have never sampled En Passant if I hadn't received a generous sample from a BN buddy. (miss you, Whitefluffy!) There are some muted green aspects, but nothing sharp. It's quite a soft scent. I think you should try it & I know you don't like green notes! Now I need to find a sample of the Guerlinade that Xscent recommends.

Danieq, I'm green with envy over those beautiful bottles! Bellodgia is a gorgeous scent. Did you ever get it open? Please do sniff & tell.

To be relevant, I did get a great deal on a backup bottle of Mito. I just can't be without this stunner & now I can spritz with abandon!
    Congrats on the Mito. I do believe Kumquat has Guerlinade too and maybe able to chime in with her thoughts. Another beautiful lilac is Opardu. It’s not as front as centre as it is in Guerlinade, but it's definitely there and it's sublime.

Today I found a tiny bottle of Mystere de Rochas on ebay. No other bidders! This was one of my favorites years ago. I can't wait!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    “Let the beauty we love, be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.” -Rumi

Genie Jeanie,

My Belladogia is openable in terms of I can get off the cap and spray and it is a wonderful, wonderful scent. So rich and the drydown is so much more......MORE than the vintage EdC of the same which I also have. However, as to the travel case, I can't seem to open it to see how full the bottle is. I forgot to ask the hubby to give it a try. I wish I could find instructions somewhere as to how to open these old cases.

Guerlain Tonka Impériale - not exactly a summer scent, but I find it not too strong so I should be able to wear it on the cool rainy days like we're having today.

Acampora - Iranzol.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Acampora - Iranzol.
    Congrats. Haven't tried any from this line but wanting to sniff that jasmine one, Hedonist(I think?) had good things to say about it.

Genie, I think it's certain green notes I don't care for rather than green scents and no, unfortunately, lilacs aren't too popular. Which Mito did you get? Extrait, Voile or Edp? Haven't sniffed this one.

Orpadu I probably wouldn't like cause of the gardenia. Pacifica has a good lilac for a cheaper one but the dry down is a bit syntheticy smelling.

Tonka Imperiale is one of your Guerlains too isn't it, Twolf? I remember not liking it but don't think I am huge on tonka 'soliflores'.
    Last edited by kalli; 14th June 2014 at 08:04 AM.
    $25 or less clearance sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/390...othing-over-25!!

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Congrats. Haven't tried any from this line but wanting to sniff that jasmine one, Hedonist(I think?) had good things to say about it.

Genie, I think it's certain green notes I don't care for rather than green scents and no, unfortunately, lilacs aren't too popular. Which Mito did you get? Extrait, Voile or Edp? Haven't sniffed this one.

Orpadu I probably wouldn't like cause of the gardenia. Pacifica has a good lilac for a cheaper one but the dry down is a bit syntheticy smelling.

Tonka Imperiale is one of your Guerlains too isn't it, Twolf? I remember not liking it but don't think I am huge on tonka 'soliflores'.
    Yes the Jasmine is excellent.
    But I prefer the extrait over the EDPs.
    I feel like the compositions were made for an extrait concentration.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Yes the Jasmine is excellent.
    But I prefer the extrait over the EDPs.
    I feel like the compositions were made for an extrait concentration.
    Mine is the EdP and you're probably quite right there, hedonist - it's unusual 'though and will be refreshing in the warm weather.

@ kalli - It's odd that the Directory here shows Iranzol as specifically a feminine scent as that wouldn't be my first thought on trying it. (Will look into this later).
    The box blurb describes it as '....full bodied masculine resin fragrance.Softened by damp green grass and fresh buds in flower'
    Last edited by lpp; 14th June 2014 at 06:21 PM.

Iranzol is one of my favorites from the line.

for swap/sale:

I like it so far

Wandering in House of Fraser spotted Arpege by Lanvin edp at 30% off. Had a quick spray and fell in love but walked round for another hour and then went back and bought. I remember trying this one years back and not liking.
    DONNA

Bois Farine 100 ml bottle. I am craving peanuts.:-)

Mr. Fantastic worked his magic and opened the Bellogia travel spray for me. Imagine my delight in discovering how full it is! I could not be more pleased and I will feel more free to fully enjoy it knowing that I am not about to empty the last remaining drops!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Playboy VIP- not for myself, but as a "symbolical stocking filler" (even if it's many months before Christmas and other winter holidays and even if the gift completed by this will be handed out months before these occasions) for a larger mixed assortment of scents, grooming products and accessories. For someone special just discovering a steadily growing interest for gourmand notes and fragrances.

I have the Iranzol extrait... Starts off with a somewhat disconcerting earthy mushroom note, but the drydown is beautiful. I also have the jasmine, musk and seplasia, also in extrait. The jasmine and musk are my favourites.

Must try those soon, cazaubon!

Couldn't resist a bottle of Rubj VdE any longer....
    And a pre-owned Leva.
    Last edited by lpp; 16th June 2014 at 12:59 PM.

queen of the universe

Catching up on my reportage. These three: Vintage purple flocked box Shalimar extrait, our own rynegene's Madhat scent, American Rust, and a honking huge bottle (16 ounces, about 3/4 full) of very vintage Fabergé Ahprodisia "cologne extraordinaire". The Shalimar is grandly dirty, the American Rust the most straight-ahead non-sweet, dry, dry tobacco a person could ask for, and the Fabergé is recognizably my beloved Aphrodisia, albeit slightly "carmelized", by age perhaps. How old is it? Well, the box had New York 17, as opposed to 10017, so it's pre-Zip Code old. The drydown is a perfect chypre, mossy and labdanum laced, with some ambergris or a stand-in providing a marine/salty note, and is identical to the drydown of my smaller 70s-era cologne formulation (a cologne as tenacious as todays EdPs). This "cologne extraordinaire" formulation requires a more lavish application. No matter, there's lots of it! I even sprinkled some in my bath water.

P1040153.jpg
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Ralph Lauren Purple Label

Adidas Fun Sensations EDT

Versace Oud Noir

I splurged at the Chanel counter today, and left with 31 Rue Cambon and No. 19.

IMG_20140618_173730.jpg

Nice purchases Ken! Enjoy!

I bought a bottle of Al Haramain Marwah, and samples of Attar Al Kaaba, Mena, Al Nabha and Sedra.

In Paris presently so far I've bought a bell jar of Rose de Nuit and Bois des Îles parfum.

Mmmmm, Xscent, Rose de Nuit... one of my all-time favorites and still in fine condition! Congrats!

A back up bottle of the sadly discontinued Safran Troublant. I love this so,so much.