Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 2 June, 2014.

Hi all! I have been in a chypre mood lately, today it is Annick Goutal Heure Exquise (EDP version).

Speaking of skank, Saturday I wore Miller Harris l'Air de Rien from a recently acquired decant. Perfumes that have a reputation for musky skank usually go soft and pretty on me (see also MKK, Musc Tonkin), and this one did too. I loved it so much it went on my wish list.

No contract as of yet...but I have been shopping around since the new year began. Now that my lease is up I'll be looking more seriously especially as there was a new home buyer's program announced earlier this year in the state of Illinois. I'm not married yet and in my late-20's, so buying is a pretty big decision for me, but, the buyer's incentive is too good to pass up.

The route I'm going...pretty sure is the townhome or condo route. Preferably in the NW Burbs since I work out here. I really like the area too, close to everything one would need and the city is a mere 30 minute train ride away. Exciting times indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mocha View Post
    Rynegne, that sounds great. Do you have a place under contract yet, or are you shopping in the fall?
    MadHat Scents

Røyk - Now Available (Incense, Woods, Amber) / Fur - (Vintage Musks, Woods, Smokey Leather) / Skiff - (Ambergris, Tropical Fruit, Pacific Red Cedar, Floral Mukhallat) / Oudhy - (Dark Rose, Dried Woods, Oud, Musk)

Lincoln, Nebraska
    Blog Entries

Fleurs D'Oranger

Last edited by kumquat; 2nd June 2014 at 08:56 PM.
    Currently wearing: À la Nuit by Serge Lutens

Blog Entries

My favorite and only pink perfume - Especially Escada. It's nice and summery. Once again I am wearing something with a strong rose note. I keep saying I don't like rose that much but that's obviously not true -- at least not any more.
    Currently wearing: Dune by Christian Dior

heart of ice
    Jayhawk country!

I'm wearing SL Nuit de Cellophane today. It's nice and has a summery feel, but I don't think it's really FBW to me. I don't know though, it's sort of growing on me.

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

New York Patchouli by Bond No.9

Basenotes Institution
    Miami, FL

ClaireV - I personally LOVE Private Collection. It is one those very special green scents and even though it's unabashedly feminine it's also one of the scents that I can't help but want to smell on myself. You must like galbanum (it has loads) but it also is blended so seamlessly into the florals. Bernard Chant did it & this guy knew what he was doing. Please try to sample it. I own the Parfum, which is nuclear strong. The EdT is much easier to love. And yes I agree with Mocha, that's a fair price for the EdT.
    donna255 - is that the NEW C&E Sandalwood that just came out in the UK, that you're wearing?!
    ComDiva - so true! Silver Factory is a great summer incense. One of BN9's best scents.
    rynegne - congrat's on the plans to buy a place - good for you. Same here - in 3 years time I hope to have the $ to buy something. I'm in 'budget mode'. It's hard but I have my eyes set on my goals. You gotta start somewhere.

Speaking of skank, I get NONE from MKK. Weird but I keep sampling it again and again and still every time, I just smell the spices, the woods but my nose does not detect the particular musk in that at all. Same with Musc Ravageur. Now, Montecristo, Leather Oud, Cuir d'Arabie - those are some serious skankers.

Wearing from a sample tonight,

Play Intense by Givenchy

This is so NOT my type of masculine scent. A synthetic, sweet, musky, cloud of soft woods and vanilla. Blech. If this is what Justin Timberlake smells like, I'll pass.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Champion Thread Killer

The Big Blue Marble
    Blog Entries

Bond No. 9 Great Jones tonight
    "Are you a god?"
    "Are you a wizard?"
    "Are you a man?"
    "Then what are you?"
    "I am awake.."

D&G The One this evening and now ending the night with Amouage Fate Man.

I'm really enjoying Fate Man and would like to try Fate Woman to see how it compares. It'll probably be awhile before trying as I've cut myself off till the end of the year on buying bottles or samples. That is unless I sell some fragrances or a bottle of vintage Jicky comes up for a good price :-).
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Mike, ya, that one is no good imo. Not a fan of that Givenchy.

Lol, smelling like bad, synthetic-y stuff myself. Never have tested Lady Gaga on my skin...and omgosh, so musky and sweet... not for me, gross. I can see why this is so discounted now, pass.
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford