Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default S.O.T.D. - Monday, 2 June, 2014.

Hi everyone - have a nice day!

Rubj VdE from a sample today.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 2 June, 2014.

Morning all! I am testing Liu today, in honor of our dear friend Danieq, who loves the stuff! I really like it. It is somewhat similar to Chanel No. 5 EDT, as eevryone has mentioned, but do I also detect an underlying skankiness, Danieq? It is kind of reminding me a bit of Cuir de Russie right now, with that sort of soapy dirtiness.

Mocha - indeed, you do describe perfumes well, and your description has made me want to try Private Collection. Unfortunately, as you mentioned, EL does not really have brilliant distribution here in Eastern Europe, and you can never, ever find it at the beauty counters, even where EL perfumes are sold. I think I saw an offer for a 50ml bottle on a Slovenian site for 50 euros or thereabouts (about 68 USD) - is that about what it costs in America?

Hello all. Crabtree and Evelyn Indian Sandalwood, it has sweet soapy vibe which I just love.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Ombre Indigo by Olfactive Studio

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone. SOTD is What We Do in Paris is Secret by A Lab on Fire.

Wish you all a good start to the week.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Chanel Cuir de Russie today.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

hello all,
    ,,,,,Lauder for Men, vintage

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 2 June, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hi, everyone!

Ineespenes I eagerly await more updates on your MKK bell jar (I have one, too! Lucky enough to have a dear friend whose niece and nephew live in France so she visits now and then, and who understands my fragrance obsession and is willing ot act as sherpa even though she is a signature scent woman herself (Anais Anais). She has brought me *four* bell jars over the years - Un Bois Sepia, Santal Mysore, MKK and Encens et Lavande, which I confess is my favorite of the bunch, possibly because it is the easiest to wear. That said, MKK is *glorious* in my opinion... Wear it proudly and in good health!)

Anyhow, I'm in Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory today. Another incense I feel works in warmer weather...

Silver Factory notes: Incense, wood resin, amber, jasmine, iris and violet.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Good day all, spent a relaxing at home thanks to a long weekend.

Tdem love that painting. Makes me wonder who she's waiting for.

Gucci Envy today and I’m right back in the 1990’s when I first discovered this metallic green beauty.

No.22 vintage extrait tonight I’m going to curl up in bed with some popcorn and a few episodes of The Borgia.

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Blog Entries

SotD - Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

Good morning everyone I have today off after a weekend of work. The weather is relatively warm and sunny I'll soon go downtown to buy some new Converse shoes. My old ones are defenitely well used Inspired by Comdiva I went around the apartment searching for my sample of Encens et lavande. It seems to be lost, so I'm in Gris clair instead. Speaking about Serge Lutens, I'm still waiting for MKK to arrive. According to the tracking it's in Germany now. I expect it to arrive either today or tomorrow Have a great day all, and a smooth start of the week

Virgin Island Water

Hey all! Wearing DSquared2 He Wood Ocean Wet Wood today after a long past week. I got back from vacation in SF on Tuesday and had to be all moved out of my apartment by Saturday. Busy Busy BUSY! I'm still in the NW Burbs...but further west. My parents were nice enough to let me stay at their house while I'm still in the buying process. I didn't want to do the whole balance a mortgage and lease thing...no thanks! The commute stinks from their place, but my wallet will thank me tremendously this fall when I go to buy.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and good Monday to start the week.

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all !. Kicking off the working week as house twins with ComDiva

Bond No 9 Washington Square.

Off for a dental check up - back later, hopefully unscathed.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 2nd June 2014 at 03:17 PM.

Blog Entries

Afternoon all,

l'm doing a wrist-to-wrist comparison of CdG Champaca with Ayala Moriel's Moon Breath today. They are amazingly similar, although MB is a little more "honeyed". Both are gorgeously rich florals.

Have a good week, everyone! Good luck at the dentist, Jon.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Good morning, good smelling people.

Neil Morris Posh today.

Good morning!

Wishing it wasn't Monday. Today is GORGEOUS - clear blue sky, low 80s, no humidity...and I'm stuck in my cubicle! LAME.

In No. 5 Eau Premiere.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Ine, yes, indeed, enjoy your MKK! It really is special. Xscent, I can't believe you haven't tried it yet! I get Eau d' Gently Used Knickers from it, rather than full-on post work-out skank (I forgot to tell you how much I loved your skank scale last week!). I get less marauding mongol and more, what was the phrase from the Posse review ... right: "clean bodies in compromising positions." And knickers.

Jon, your photos of Arundel yesterday were so beautiful. I keep adding places to my travel list. I need a lottery win.

Perky and upbeat this lovely Monday morning, reflected in my SotD, which is Ormonde Jayne Frangipani Absolute.

Feminite du bois

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Ine, yes, indeed, enjoy your MKK! It really is special. Xscent, I can't believe you haven't tried it yet! I get Eau d' Gently Used Knickers from it, rather than full-on post work-out skank (I forgot to tell you how much I loved your skank scale last week!). I get less marauding mongol and more, what was the phrase from the Posse review ... right: "clean bodies in compromising positions." And knickers.

Jon, your photos of Arundel yesterday were so beautiful. I keep adding places to my travel list. I need a lottery win.

Perky and upbeat this lovely Monday morning, reflected in my SotD, which is Ormonde Jayne Frangipani Absolute.

ExK I know, shame on me. So much skank I have yet to try and skank in a bell jar is pretty hard to resist along with cute knickers. I should mention that I have just ordered Mito (Jon ) couldn't wait and since I'm going to attempt a month away with just carry on I needed the space for stuff I can't get in Oz.

Rynegne how exciting to be looking to buy your own place! You are being very sensible staying with the folks, it will absolutely be worth it in the end.

Best of luck at the dentist Jon.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Quick post and run today...Guerlain Sous le vent from a sample this morning. It is very nice, just not very me

Borghese Il Bacio

Basenotes Plus

Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Good luck at the dentist, Jon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    Best of luck at the dentist Jon.

Many thanks - clean bill of health

Xscent, delighted to hear of your Mito order - it is a bit special isn't it ?. Thanks for helping choose my SotE .

I'm being all 80s in vintage Cassini parfum today

Hope you've all had (or are having, depending on your time zone) a good Monday.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Good morning! Guerlain Insolence.

Basenotes Institution

I was missing-in-action yesterday, busy getting a massage, spending the afternoon with my aunt & uncle at an organic farm/dairy and then meeting up with friends in the evening...today it's a busy day at the office also (interviewing for a new receptionist at work - ack!) so I don't have the time to reply to everyones posts above, but it's nice to see some of you folks who've been absent, you were missed.

Wearing a sample of No. 19 (Eau de Parfum) from a BN buddy

Much more floral than the vintage EdC I own. Still, I love it. After the initial top notes, it doesn't smell like a feminine fragrance at all. Very nice vetiver note. This stuff rocks! I look forward to smelling the EdT one-of-these-days.

Talk more later!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Cool photo, CapriDog!

And such a beautiful photo, ErinK. I almost wore Eau Premiere yesterday but I was afraid it would be heavy for three hours in a sweltering basketball arena. Which I think was the right choice. I'll wear it later this week.

Rynegne, that sounds great. Do you have a place under contract yet, or are you shopping in the fall?

ClaireV, here they charge $64 for Private Collection, so that sounds like a very fair price.

We are sweltering today, and I wore Iris 39 for its refreshing coolness. Another great Blackhawks season ended last night, perhaps a little early, but summer can't really begin for me until hockey season ends anyway. So hello to summer!

Hi all! I have been in a chypre mood lately, today it is Annick Goutal Heure Exquise (EDP version).

Speaking of skank, Saturday I wore Miller Harris l'Air de Rien from a recently acquired decant. Perfumes that have a reputation for musky skank usually go soft and pretty on me (see also MKK, Musc Tonkin), and this one did too. I loved it so much it went on my wish list.

No contract as of yet...but I have been shopping around since the new year began. Now that my lease is up I'll be looking more seriously especially as there was a new home buyer's program announced earlier this year in the state of Illinois. I'm not married yet and in my late-20's, so buying is a pretty big decision for me, but, the buyer's incentive is too good to pass up.

The route I'm going...pretty sure is the townhome or condo route. Preferably in the NW Burbs since I work out here. I really like the area too, close to everything one would need and the city is a mere 30 minute train ride away. Exciting times indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mocha View Post
    Rynegne, that sounds great. Do you have a place under contract yet, or are you shopping in the fall?

Blog Entries

Mazzolari-
    Fleurs D'Oranger

Last edited by kumquat; 2nd June 2014 at 09:56 PM.

My favorite and only pink perfume - Especially Escada. It's nice and summery. Once again I am wearing something with a strong rose note. I keep saying I don't like rose that much but that's obviously not true -- at least not any more.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

I'm wearing SL Nuit de Cellophane today. It's nice and has a summery feel, but I don't think it's really FBW to me. I don't know though, it's sort of growing on me.

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

New York Patchouli by Bond No.9

Basenotes Institution

ClaireV - I personally LOVE Private Collection. It is one those very special green scents and even though it's unabashedly feminine it's also one of the scents that I can't help but want to smell on myself. You must like galbanum (it has loads) but it also is blended so seamlessly into the florals. Bernard Chant did it & this guy knew what he was doing. Please try to sample it. I own the Parfum, which is nuclear strong. The EdT is much easier to love. And yes I agree with Mocha, that's a fair price for the EdT.
    donna255 - is that the NEW C&E Sandalwood that just came out in the UK, that you're wearing?!
    ComDiva - so true! Silver Factory is a great summer incense. One of BN9's best scents.
    rynegne - congrat's on the plans to buy a place - good for you. Same here - in 3 years time I hope to have the $ to buy something. I'm in 'budget mode'. It's hard but I have my eyes set on my goals. You gotta start somewhere.

Speaking of skank, I get NONE from MKK. Weird but I keep sampling it again and again and still every time, I just smell the spices, the woods but my nose does not detect the particular musk in that at all. Same with Musc Ravageur. Now, Montecristo, Leather Oud, Cuir d'Arabie - those are some serious skankers.

Wearing from a sample tonight,

Play Intense by Givenchy

This is so NOT my type of masculine scent. A synthetic, sweet, musky, cloud of soft woods and vanilla. Blech. If this is what Justin Timberlake smells like, I'll pass.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Bond No. 9 Great Jones tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

D&G The One this evening and now ending the night with Amouage Fate Man.

I'm really enjoying Fate Man and would like to try Fate Woman to see how it compares. It'll probably be awhile before trying as I've cut myself off till the end of the year on buying bottles or samples. That is unless I sell some fragrances or a bottle of vintage Jicky comes up for a good price :-).
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Mike, ya, that one is no good imo. Not a fan of that Givenchy.

Lol, smelling like bad, synthetic-y stuff myself. Never have tested Lady Gaga on my skin...and omgosh, so musky and sweet... not for me, gross. I can see why this is so discounted now, pass.