Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. — Thursday, 5 June, 2014.

Good morning! Guerlain Champs-Ιlysιes.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. — Thursday, 5 June, 2014.

Dior Cuir Cannage

hello all,
    vintage (o.f.)

Hi everyone - have a great day!

Mazzolari - Patchouli.

Basenotes Plus

Hello to all! I am in Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau, which I've just heard Guerlain is discontinuing, along with Parfum Initial. Very disappointed by that! I love the L'Eau in particular - it makes me ridiculously happy.

勝美! - Welcome, by the way! I love Champs Elysee! I wore it all the time for a year when I was 19. Such a lovely mimosa scent.

Xscent - Thank you for your wonderful words of reassurance yesterday, they were much needed! And as for all your exhorting me to have a bottle of Une Fleur de Cassie in my closet, I will have you know that I have a 30ml portion of a split of it coming my way. Heck, it's probably here at the post office already, but they never deliver my parcels unless I go around there begging like a dog. So, it's just a question of who will break down faster. It will be me, I am sure. It always is.

Mike - Are you in The Love? How did I miss that? I saw people congratulating you yesterday but I never saw your announcement! Well, join me to the chorus of voices saying, "Let it be so, for our friend Mike" I wait with bated breath for the Apres L'Ondee story, and the shirtless pic of you that will accompany it By the way, I am pretty sure that Xscent's spirit has left my body and that yours jumped right in there last night at 1am when I plonked down $17 or so for a small bottle of vintage-ish Shalimar EDT.

Erin - Wow, that is so exciting and I am so happy for you! When you know, you know, right? I don't doubt your instincts. But were you joking or is he really a sitar player?

Quarry - You are wonderful and inspiring.

Oh and I almost forgot...Jon, you are forgiven
    Last edited by ClaireV; 5th June 2014 at 11:27 AM.

Good morning everyone Getting ready for a lateshift. I really wish I could call sick - the weather is sunny and warm! ( 20s) Yesterday my TOES got sunburned Sotd is L'heure bleue. Perhaps not the most fit scent for this weather, but who cares Have a great day all!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Kenzo Jungle pour Homme today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Haute Voltige by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Hello and best to everyone. Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Jasminora for me.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MPG ~ Pour Le Jeune Homme, vintage

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

ErinK, I'm happy for you! I had to look up the "penniless sitar player" reference-- Moulin Rouge?

SOTD yet to be chosen...but I think it's going to be AG Rose Absolue as our rugosa that smells just like it is now in bloom outside our door.

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. — Thursday, 5 June, 2014.

Eau de Toilette
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Amouage Epic Extrait.

26131588.jpg
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Wow, I clearly missed a lot in the last day or so... Will have to go back and read up tonight after work!

But ErinK, if there were any lingering doubts, please know that without having read the thread or even knowing the reference, my SOTD for this morning was, after more than a year hiatus, Neil Morris Fragrances Moulin Rouge

Moulin Rouge notes: Black tea, gardenia, jasmine sambac, frangipani, rose, musk and woody notes.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Good morning, good smelling ones.

Uncharacteristically Rose- ey today in Tauer Noontide Petals, from a sample. Hot pink t-shirt made me think roses...

ErinK, looks like you have your pick of the litter :-) Hoping all goes well for you!

Mike, glad you enjoyed your wear of Limed! It's an interesting one, but something that I wanted in a warm weather fragrance. Lots of woods supported by other "brighter" notes and being a coconutphobe, I kept it light. My girlfriend described it as the perfume version of Coconut Lime Verbena from BB, but with woods and much better ingredients but I wouldn't know as I haven't smelled it...I guess I'll take that as a compliment :-) My other sandalwood fragrance will need a few more weeks, I've tweaked it by adding quite a bit of spice via cinnamon. I'm not rushing it into the "lineup" as I've been super busy.

Wearing Lalique's Encre Noire today. I haven't worn this one in over a year, I always forget how good it is...at least for those that like a dose of ISO-E and Vetiver. Sort of contrasting to this beautiful sunny day here in the Chicago area.

Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. NEW: Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture) / SantL (A Mysore Sandalwood reference fragrance...Mysore/Woods/Spice) / Limed - ONLY 7 Bottles Remaining (Lime/Sandalwood/Cedar/Ginger/Coconut Lactone

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD SSS Incense Pure / Slumberhouse & More...

Hello all. Diptyque Eau de Lavande.
    DONNA

Good morning!

30 Roses, yep, you nailed it.

ComDiva, that is a lovely coincidence and makes me so happy.

Rynegne, I'm thinking I would like to try Limed. It sounds like something I'd enjoy and it would be so awesome wearing something that I "know" the perfumer behind! Does your girlfriend enjoy wearing it?

Mike, I have also apparently missed out on your news. I went back and re-read a few days' threads but can't find it. This will be a slow day at work so I'll do some more poking around...or you could just give us more details. Oh, and I saw where you "liked" my Jicky (modern EDP) purchase - I'm hoping not to be disappointed by it, as what I fell in love with was vintage EDT.

Yesterday when I got home, a box was waiting for me, priorty-shipped from The Guy. Filled to the brim with goodies: 2 half-pounds of specialty coffee, 2 books (one his own, full of highlights and marks, and one new and inscribed just for me), and a KY t-shirt. I couldn't stop smiling when I opened it. The thoughtfulness just blew me away. Now, to figure out what to send him that tells him about me...naturally, I'm thinking a mix CD and some decants. I think he would be surprised and, hopefully, intrigued - he doesn't yet know about my love of perfume.

Looks like I'm joining several of you in rose today: Rose 31 for me. I got a compliment on it first thing this morning, followed by another. I always feel sort of awkward when someone asks what I'm wearing and it's niche. Like, I feel like I need to explain it...or something.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Blog Entries

Afternoon all,

Skanking the place up in Sikkim Girls today. And l'm off to get my hair done shortly.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Midnight In Paris edt

Such an awesome story Erin. Your new man sounds like a genuine person which seems harder to find nowadays. Regarding Limed, my girlfriend has a pretty wide variety of fragrances for a "non-fraghead"...and Limed is the only fragrance she's worn for the past month. I really like the way it smells on her as well. My Mom wasn't the biggest fan, she likes more warm and spicy notes.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. NEW: Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture) / SantL (A Mysore Sandalwood reference fragrance...Mysore/Woods/Spice) / Limed - ONLY 7 Bottles Remaining (Lime/Sandalwood/Cedar/Ginger/Coconut Lactone

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD SSS Incense Pure / Slumberhouse & More...

Batucada

勝美! Welcome to Basenotes!

Have a great day, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We came back, I am still jet-lagged, the trip was .... uhmmmm.... not what I expected and I do not believe I would want to go back any time soon. The weather was hot and humid, most of the girls were wearing black stockings (why? oh why?) and perfumes were hard to come by, we could not read grocery labels. The whole different universe. Morocco was easy-peasy as compared to Japan.

Greetings to newly-joined Katsumi.

I am in a comfortable embrace of Jean Couturier Coriandre.

OP, I recently bought some mini bottles of champs-elysee :-) seems like the perfect fragrance for this weather!
    erink, I love Rose 31, my favorite Le Labo besides Santal and Vanille.

today i'm wearing aziyade by parfum d'empire!

Back after a couple of days away, and it sounds like a missed a bit! I will try to catch up soon.

I'm in the ever lovely FM Iris Poudre this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Back after a couple of days away, and it sounds like a missed a bit! I will try to catch up soon.

I'm in the ever lovely FM Iris Poudre this morning.
    I noticed you had been gone and have missed you! See my post from yesterday.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Hi everyone,

Welcome pomegrante!

ErinK the heartfelt thoughtfulness of your guys gift just does me in. The gift of letting you see the person underneath is beautiful one.

ClaireV have you picked up the Une Fleur de Cassie yet? I still think you best get 100mls to be on the safe side and I intend on haunting you again.

Jon I enjoyed the article. I'm going to need to watch a few episodes.

Welcome back Twolf. Japan is beautifully scenic but I absolutely agree there are cultural aspects that are strange and I find are getting stranger.

Spending the evening baking for my sister's baby shower. I have one cake, three dozen cupcakes and an assortment of biscuits to make and while I wait for those to bake I'm assembling bomboniere. It's lucky I love her. In gorgeous Mito this evening.

Last edited by Xscent; 5th June 2014 at 04:01 PM.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireV View Post
    Oh and I almost forgot...Jon, you are forgiven

Claire, your tribute to Mrs Q is bang on

Please do - it's a highlight of our day

Hugh Parsons Blue.

Welcome home, Wolfie

Good afternoon everyone.

It's a beautiful day here, and still a little cool. I am wearing Lolita Lempicka.

I somehow have managed to remember that it's Friday tomorrow, so I can plan my sync ahead of time instead of forgetting all about it, as I have done lately. Tomorrow's is "the house you have the most bottles from." For me, that's Chanel, Guerlain and Estee Lauder -- tied. I'll have to see if I can wear one of each.

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Habit Rouge.

Off work tomorrow

Basenotes Institution

This morning:

Verveine by Heeley (from a sample)

This afternoon:

Baie Rose 26 by Le Labo (from a sample)

I love this stuff!

ClaireV - no I'm not in love yet, but I mentioned I went on a date recently. It was fun. Just getting to know each other now. See how these things spiral so quickly? LOL.
    ErinK - cool guy, enjoy being showered with gifts. You deserve it. You NEED to try Limed, it's just as rynegne described. Coconut Lime Verbena (The Middle Eastern Attar Remix version). It just smells so good on my shirt in the laundry hamper too. I keep going back & resniffing it. I think I need to get a bottle soon. Have you smelled this Le Labo I'm wearing now? It's like a fuller, rosier verion of R31. I love it. It's just so darned spendy.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 5th June 2014 at 07:36 PM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Wearing my favorite gardenia scent today - Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia by Estιe Lauder.

Mocha, thanks for the reminder about tomorrow's synch. Must go decide which Guerlain to wear.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Blog Entries

​Caron- Tabac Blond, parfum

Last edited by kumquat; 5th June 2014 at 08:46 PM.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Beer.
    Bond No. 9 Mothers.
    Attended an event with our governor today.
    Two of those things were pleasurable.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Wearing one of my favorite Amouage fragrances tonight... Gold Man. It may sound funny but this fragrance really relaxes me and just makes me feel good.

Last night one of my daughters complimented me wearing Montecristo well sort of. I was sitting on the couch reading and she was next to me and said "Daddy your beard smells really good!" I told her it probably was my fragrance and she is like oh ya it smells good.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Brooklyn by Bond No.9