Code of Conduct

Default Does Tommy Bahama for Men do well in summer heat?

I found Tommy Bahama for Men for cheap, but will it wear well in this hot (95 degrees) Texas summer? The reason I ask is because some reviews compared it to Gucci Homme (the one that smells like pencil shavings), which is a WINTER fragrance, so not sure how it will do.
    Favorite blend:

Piment Brulant by L'Artisan (2 sprays)
    and
    Plum Japonais by Tom Ford (1 spray)

Default Re: Does Tommy Bahama for Men do well in summer heat?

I owned this and yes, it is very woody. On my skin all I got was cedar pencil shavings. To be honest though I don't remember it having massive projection or anything the couple of times I wore it,(of course it was in cool weather)so perhaps it would work in warm weather? But 95*?! Well, yeah...I'm not sure I'd try it in that.lol But there is only one way to find out if it would work!<BG>

It smells like a piece of wood with Captain Morgan poured on it. Reminds me of Key West.

See if you can find the Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts - it's good in heat

It does fine in the heat. It is woody, but also has a light freshness to it. If you've found it on the cheap, I'd jump on it.

It's fine for the summer, just watch the trigger.

Regards,

TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

It will be fine in the heat. I've tried it several times, and agree with the light fresh woody assessment. Maybe it's just me, but I kind of just assume that everything Tommy Bahama makes is designed for the heat of summer while on the beach, enjoying some sort of rum cocktail. Besides, I think most of the Tommy Bahama line is composed of EDCs, so it shouldn't be too powerful. If you think it's too much for you in the daytime, then save it for a cool summer evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    See if you can find the Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts - it's good in heat
    A little confusing, I decided to get St Bart which is FOR SURE a summer frag, but the words "Set Sail" aren't ANYWHERE on the bottle or box, so I wasn't sure if *Set Sail* St Bart was *different* than St Bart or not. Evidently, they are the same frag. I THOUGHT it was a bargain, but when I went back, and they opened the case for a closer look, they are only minis, I thought they might be 1.7 oz for $12, but they are 0.5. But I'm not complaining. So it's a $12 mini in a beautiful little box, very nice. Would makes nice gifts. I might go back for both the original TB and Very Cool. I love minis.
    Last edited by Allen-on-Holiday; 7th June 2014 at 02:12 AM.
    Favorite blend:

Piment Brulant by L'Artisan (2 sprays)
    and
    Plum Japonais by Tom Ford (1 spray)

Quote Originally Posted by Allen-at-home View Post
    A little confusing, I decided to get St Bart which is FOR SURE a summer frag, but the words "Set Sail" aren't ANYWHERE on the bottle or box, so I wasn't sure if *Set Sail* St Bart was *different* than St Bart or not. Evidently, they are the same frag. I THOUGHT it was a bargain, but when I went back, and they opened the case for a closer look, they are only minis, I thought they might be 1.7 oz for $12, but they are 0.5. But I'm not complaining. So it's a $12 mini in a beautiful little box, very nice. Would makes nice gifts. I might go back for both the original TB and Very Cool. I love minis.
    Check Ross/Marshalls/TJ Maxx... they always have 3.4oz bottles of St Barts, St Martinique, and Very Cool for $19.99.

Just a note for those thinking of buying this. There's also a Tommy Bahama for men in a diamond shaped bottle which is a totally different fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Just a note for those thinking of buying this. There's also a Tommy Bahama for men in a diamond shaped bottle which is a totally different fragrance.
    Have you tried this one Rich? I still have yet to run across it anywhere?