Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Friday, 6 June, 2014.

(Old) Homage - Amouage.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Friday, 6 June, 2014.Hi everyoe - have a great day!

Hi Ipp and everyone! Happy Friday! I am syncing today in Vol de Nuit extrait (a few dabs) and EDT for extra body, like Quarry and Xscent taught me. I have decided that Guerlain is the house I own most bottles from, but in truth, it is pretty neck and neck with Chanel. I find I am turning more and more into a classic type of gal!

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Friday, 6 June, 2014.Hi everyoe - have a great day!

Hi Claire & everyone, happy Fridays to all
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Friday, 6 June, 2014.

Good morning all !. Only able to manage a quick check-in today. Shortly heading off up the M1 for a birthday bash in Yorkshire.
    Fairly wide choice for the synch - pick any one from about 20 !. Decided on a faithful old workhorse for the journey.

Basenotes Plus

Hello and happy Friday, all. Ted Lapidus Silk Way for me.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hi everyone!! My first post on this thread So, my two scents of the day, since I'm at home right now and just got some samples in the mail, so one on each wrist: Evody Reve d'Anthala- reminds me so much of Yves rocher vanilla, it started more interesting with some lovely tiare but in half an hour it settled to pure YR Vanilla (which btw costs less than 10 euro!). The other one is Byredo Pulp- reminds me of Amor amor by cacharel. So no luck for me today! Have a great day everyone!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Vernona View Post
    Hi everyone!! My first post on this thread So, my two scents of the day, since I'm at home right now and just got some samples in the mail, so one on each wrist: Evody Reve d'Anthala- reminds me so much of Yves rocher vanilla, it started more interesting with some lovely tiare but in half an hour it settled to pure YR Vanilla (which btw costs less than 10 euro!). The other one is Byredo Pulp- reminds me of Amor amor by cacharel. So no luck for me today! Have a great day everyone!
    Welcome, Vernona! This is a pretty cool place to hang out and I am so glad to see you here! I was curious about Pulp myself, but now I think I might put that idea to the back of my mind....

Good morning! Mitsouko.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireV View Post
    Welcome, Vernona! This is a pretty cool place to hang out and I am so glad to see you here! I was curious about Pulp myself, but now I think I might put that idea to the back of my mind....
    Hi Claire!! Took your advice Pulp is quite a dissapointment for me I must say...was expecting something rich and sweet and juicy...all I got is something really fruity that to my inexperienced nose resembles a lot to amor amor...Haven't checked the notes yet tough but it's not for me...it's really sweet-ishly light and fruity.

Edit: more refined noses will probably say it's nothing like amor amor but that's really how it feels to me and I owned amor amor back in the day and used it quite a lot.
    Last edited by Vernona; 6th June 2014 at 11:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Morning all & welcome, Vernona, nice to see you here!

l'm wearing Honey Coconut by Love & Toast to do some gardening today.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hi and thanks teardrop!
    I was always wondering about Honey and coconut, still haven't tried it. Pleas tell me does it smell of coconut at all, cos coconut is not listed in the notes so that put me off of sampling it earlier...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vernona View Post
    Hi and thanks teardrop!
    I was always wondering about Honey and coconut, still haven't tried it. Pleas tell me does it smell of coconut at all, cos coconut is not listed in the notes so that put me off of sampling it earlier...
    lt's much more a honey fragrance to my nose, not really coconut, & it's very sweet. l don't think it would satisfy your coconut cravings!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

In synch today with Amouage Lyric Man.

26130457.jpg
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Yeah that's what I thought! thank you for your description teardrop! It's out of the "must try" list now the name is so deceiving!

Hello all. Royal Bain de Caron.
    DONNA

Vernona, perhaps try Guerlain Terracotta Le Parfum, has coconut and tiare.

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Friday, 6 June, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Vernona, perhaps try Guerlain Terracotta Le Parfum, has coconut and tiare.
    Hi kalli! Thanks for your suggestion! I already did my research on Terracotta I can only order it online cos it's not available in my country but it seems to be out of stock everywhere (at least there where they would ship to Croatia) but I've read reviews and it was mostly compared to Bronze Goddess but they say its more floral/fresh in comparison to BG that is heavier on the coconut...and to me not even BG is heavy enough on the coconut. I'm a big coconut lover, hard to satisfy

Good morning. I am, coincidentally, in Sara Horowitz Perfect Coconut Milk today, the oil roll-on. This is coconut/almond/gardeniaish, to my nose less floral and more coconut. Definitely perceptibly smells of Co-Co-NUT, Verona this would be one to try. It is sweetened smelling but not obnoxiously so, and it settles in nicely.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL View Post
    Good morning. I am, coincidentally, in Sara Horowitz Perfect Coconut Milk today, the oil roll-on. This is coconut/almond/gardeniaish, to my nose less floral and more coconut. Definitely perceptibly smells of Co-Co-NUT, Verona this would be one to try. It is sweetened smelling but not obnoxiously so, and it settles in nicely.
    l forgot about this one! l have a sample of this stashed away. lt's a very nice, if somewhat suntan oil-like coconut. Worth a try, l'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL View Post
    Thanks so much for your suggestion! I've been trying to get this one to sample for quite some time now, can't remember why I haven't tried it yet, could be that I couldn't find a sample or that it just wasn't in the first line of priority gonna check today if they have it on Surrender to chance. I love almonds and coconut combos, Profumum Dolce acqua is all about almonds and coconut and it's one of my all-time most loves fragrances...

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Zino Davidoff today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I always miss the synch! Next week...next week. I was out a little late with a friend last night, he's a fireman...they always seem to party a little too hard for a Thursday night. Most likely because it was his "Saturday" with the crazy schedule he's on. It was good catching up with him. But, I am in need of a strong cup of coffee that a Keurig cannot provide. Missing my Chemex at home :-(

Today I'm wearing Bond No. 9 Wall Street - such a hit or miss scent with basenoters...along with the whole line in general. But, I must wear it well because people around me absolutely love it. I always seem to get compliments and I'm not "that cologne guy" I usually go two sprays max with this one as it's rather pungent. Anywho, my office is cool right now as I got in pretty early...the seaweed-cucumber-leather goodness is sitting pretty well with me.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday and wonderful weekend!!!
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 - ON SALE ***ONLY 1 LEFT!*** (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

Good morning dears!

Vernona, welcome! Monyette Paris is another for you to try. Probably won't be quite coconutty enough for you but you may love it anyway. I do.

Oh, and Mike, I ordered a bottle of Madhat Limed yesterday. So excited to try it, rynegne!

Loving you and leaving you this morning - I am off for a corporate-sponsored volunteer project. In synch today in No.19 (what else?) modern EDP and vintage EDT.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Cuir X by La Parfumerie Moderne

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution

In Sync in:

Bois des Iles (vintage Eau de Cologne) by Chanel

After those initial powdery aldehydes settle down this really does smell like gingerbread on my skin. I love that part. It reminds me of my mom for some reason, I can't seem to put my finger on it but it's comforting and spicy/woody. I am so happy I took the plunge & bought this one blind. I don't get the same satisfaction from the current EdT Exclusif bottle. I enjoy that one, but this vintage EdC is so much more my style. The bottle is a splash (I decant it into a small atomizer & spray it on) and I have to restrain myself from just dousing it right out of the bottle & splashing it on eaux cologne style. I don't have enough juice to do this, but I really want to.

Later this afternoon, I'll wear some Jersey.

ClaireV - ooH you smell good. I almost wore Guerlain today, in fact, technically I should have worn Guerlain because that's the house that I own the most bottles of. But I was in a Chanel mood. See how much we're alike. Glad to hear you're doing the Guerlain Layering Shuffle. I do the same with vintage Apres l'Ondee parfum + EdT. To fantastic effect.
    rynegne - sitting here with a steaming cup of coffee myself - I didn't go out last night but I got to bed too late nonetheless. I personally cannot stand Wall Street but it sounds like you're enjoying it. Cheers and TGIF!
    vernona - I smelled Pulp before it was released to the world, when I was in Sweden on vacation (that's where the perfumer is from). My entire luggage reeked of Pulp from a sample that spilled in one of my shopping bags. I think it is one of the most aggressive fruit fragrances on the market. It was one of the blog reviews that summed it up nicely: remember that giant peach from James & The Giant Peach film? That's what Pulp smells like. I also must admit, it was a favorite of my ex-husband's so of course now it's not a good olfactory association. LOL Nonetheless, it's Byredo's best seller, so go figure. Oh and my favorite new coconut note is in Limed by Madhat Scents (rynegne's perfume line), although your coconut threshold is probably higher than mine. Welcome to the SOTD thread.
    Robin-in-FL - that scent sounds awesome
    ErinK - enjoy your day sweetie ((hugs)) Of course you wore No. 19 (I almost did too, the vintage EdC). It's sort of your scent, in my mind, now. If I hear it mentioned or run into a bottle in a department store, I think of you. Glad to hear you got Limed, I think you're going to love it.
    Missing Evangeline, RHM & TWolf - hoping all is well with them.

Today is the last day for my receptionist, she's moving on to another job. We weren't close but I always see my staff as my 'kids' since I don't have any children of my own, and it will be sad to see her go.

It's hot, sunny and looks like it should be fantastic weather today. I'm getting a haircut for lunch and doing something fun tonight - I deserve it. Maybe I'll get a massage this weekend. Some sun at the beach, perhaps. Catch up on Mad Men episodes. Maybe go on a date.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Have fun at the volunteer event and thanks for the support Erin, I think you're going to like Limed!

Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    Oh, and Mike, I ordered a bottle of Madhat Limed yesterday. So excited to try it, rynegne!

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 - ON SALE ***ONLY 1 LEFT!*** (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin)

Caron Poivre vintage pure parfum

In synch with Guerlain Eau de Shalimar.

Have a lovely day everyone.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Basenotes Plus

Ecstasy by Tiziana Terenzi

Have a great day, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Kumquat's garden

Caron- French CanCan
    parfum

Blog Entries

l'm off to my friend's leaving do this evening, wearing Alien.

hello all,

La Nuit De L´ Homme, Parfum + EDT
    Last edited by easyfish; 6th June 2014 at 05:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Jean Patou- Normandie
    ​In honor of D-Day invasion, June 6, 1944
    Last edited by kumquat; 6th June 2014 at 06:05 PM.

Kumquat, your roses are gorgeous!

(((Mike))), you're so sweet. I don't know that I deserve being associated with No.19, but I'll take it! It is truly one of my must-haves. We must have been on the same wavelength this morning - I initially grabbed Bois des Iles, then changed my mind for No.19.

I am *really* peeved right now. I ordered Jicky on Monday from Fragrancenet and paid via Paypal. Today I get an email saying it's out of stock and they refunded the purchase. It should NOT have taken them five business days to figure out it's out of stock and to send a refund. And then they had the nerve to say "We suck so here's a 15% off coupon" which is absolutely ridiculous considering you get 20% off coupon code on their site anyway. I guess they want me to come back for Jicky when they get it in stock and use the 15% off like a freaking moron. So basically it's the most insulting apology ever. They have royally pissed me off and I will probably not purchase from them when they do get it in stock.

(Although I hate the phrase "first world problem" I am pretty sure this qualifies as one.)

/end rant
    Last edited by ErinK; 6th June 2014 at 06:13 PM.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Thallium

Hi Verona, lovely to have you here.

Jon enjoy the birthday bash.

ClaireV you smell wonderful and very nice with the layering technique. Surely that deserves an ExK Skanky Jasmine Star award.

Mike you smell bloody marvellous and I think you need to splash with abandon at least once.

L’ heure Fougueuse today. Although it is technically Saturday my time it’s still Friday in the northern hemisphere so I’m synching in vintage Cuir de Russie extrait for bed. No matter which set of counting rules I used Chanel won over Guerlain.

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Xscent, boy you smell good! ErinK, that's definitely not acceptable...I've heard the exact same situation happen more than once to other basenoters. I've ordered from them once and they screwed up the order...Noted that my Dior Homme Sport (2008) was purchased...send me the newest version. I specifically wanted the older stuff as I already HAD the new juice. Frustrating for sure, dealing with fragrancenet.

Good evening all Today I'm quite happy The weather is sunny and really warm ( 24 degrees) , so I wore a short summerdress with short leggings under at work I have three whole days off too In general things are pretty good. Got a crush and I don't even worry about it, it's summer , friday and soon payday! Today I'm in synch with a Guerlain. I have really sprayed myself generously with Jicky edt today. It's perfect today. Have a great day and weekend all!

I just got a decant of Pulp so was able to give it a proper wearing. I think it's interesting and I like it, but probably not enough to pursue beyond the decant. I might get some of the shower gel, though, I think it would be great in the shower.

Welcome, Verona!

I am in sync today with Clair de Musc from Serge Lutens, considering that I own 6 bell jars and about 5 export bottles (I haven't counted the latter).

Thank you everyone for your welcomes!! nice to be here!!

Basenotes Plus

Good Afternoon! Through the generosity of my sandalwood brother down in Miami, Mike Perez, I am swimming in Crabtree and Evelyn vintage Extract of Mysore Sandalwood today. It's so good I want to re-apply it again right now. The only problem with trying discontinued fragrances like this one is falling in love with it and having to bid for them on ebay.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
    improving olfactory environments one molecule at a time....

Hi, everyone! Ran out of the house at 7:30 a.m. today with only samples in hand, so am not in synch for the nonce... Though I do smell lovely, if I do say so myself, in Slumberhouse Sova. What I particularly enjoy about Sova is that it smells *interesting* rather than strictly pretty, but it does smell really great, in my opinion. Compelling.

I think it's something about the sweet clover, hay and tobacco that's doing it for me today.

Tonight I'll synch up in something from Neil Morris Fragrances, the perfumer from whom I own far and away more bottles of than any other. Partly this is because he is in my opinion a phenomenal perfumer (as well as a phenomenal human being), partly because he's always creating and is excited to share his work so there are ample opportunities to "sample" his latest, and partly because he is local to me, so when I sniff something and fall in love with it, I have been known to drive to him to save shipping (and wait times).

I do believe I will wear the first fragrance I ever bought from him, Storm, a rich floral powerhouse with post-lightning ozone and a hint of clean, damp earth.

Sova notes: Sweet clover, beeswax, poplar, genet flower, golden grains, hops, hay, tobacco.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Good afternoon all.

As I walked with dogs with my older daughter, I had the Lou Reed song "Perfect Day" running through my head. It really is a perfect day here, and I'm so glad I got to spend it with her.

I did the triple sync today. Eau de Guerlain early this morning, then Private Collection to exercise and 31 Rue Cambon for the rest of the day. I had to be "fair" to all three houses.

Mike, I so wish I got gingerbread from Bois des Iles, but I've only tried the modern EDT and perfume, and on my skin I don't.

Vernona, welcome!

I really have enjoyed reading the posts about this week's sync. ComDiva, I'd never even heard of yours -- so cool!

Hello all
    Jersey extrait
    Have a lovely evening x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ending the night with Amouage Beloved Man and a new book called D-Day Minute by Minute by Jonathan Mayo.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Aqua Velva Ice Blue Aftershave tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

happy is the bleu heart<3

In synch today with SL Daim Blond. my newest addition to the family. It was actually a tie when I counted up bottles ... SL: 6 and Guerlain: 6 but the tie breaker goes to Serge because I have so many decants from his line. (I wish they were full bottles ... maybe some day!)

Hubby and I went out to eat to celebrate our anniversary which was actually yesterday. We were supposed to go to an outdoor concert at the River Festival, but it looks like rain tonight, so we chickened out and played it safe by dinner only. I had some really yummy salmon in a sriracha sauce, served over couscous and roasted vegetables. YUM!

easyfish, that is one of my most favorite paintings EVER!

happy Friday, hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Armani Code Ultimate