Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Blog Entries

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Friday, 6 June, 2014.

Kumquat's garden

Caron- French CanCan
    parfum

Blog Entries

l'm off to my friend's leaving do this evening, wearing Alien.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

hello all,

La Nuit De L´ Homme, Parfum + EDT
    Last edited by easyfish; 6th June 2014 at 05:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Jean Patou- Normandie
    ​In honor of D-Day invasion, June 6, 1944
    Last edited by kumquat; 6th June 2014 at 06:05 PM.

Kumquat, your roses are gorgeous!

(((Mike))), you're so sweet. I don't know that I deserve being associated with No.19, but I'll take it! It is truly one of my must-haves. We must have been on the same wavelength this morning - I initially grabbed Bois des Iles, then changed my mind for No.19.

I am *really* peeved right now. I ordered Jicky on Monday from Fragrancenet and paid via Paypal. Today I get an email saying it's out of stock and they refunded the purchase. It should NOT have taken them five business days to figure out it's out of stock and to send a refund. And then they had the nerve to say "We suck so here's a 15% off coupon" which is absolutely ridiculous considering you get 20% off coupon code on their site anyway. I guess they want me to come back for Jicky when they get it in stock and use the 15% off like a freaking moron. So basically it's the most insulting apology ever. They have royally pissed me off and I will probably not purchase from them when they do get it in stock.

(Although I hate the phrase "first world problem" I am pretty sure this qualifies as one.)

/end rant
    Last edited by ErinK; 6th June 2014 at 06:13 PM.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller
    Currently wearing: Infusion d'Iris by Prada

Thallium

Hi Verona, lovely to have you here.

Jon enjoy the birthday bash.

ClaireV you smell wonderful and very nice with the layering technique. Surely that deserves an ExK Skanky Jasmine Star award.

Mike you smell bloody marvellous and I think you need to splash with abandon at least once.

L’ heure Fougueuse today. Although it is technically Saturday my time it’s still Friday in the northern hemisphere so I’m synching in vintage Cuir de Russie extrait for bed. No matter which set of counting rules I used Chanel won over Guerlain.

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran
    Currently wearing: Sycomore (new) by Chanel

Xscent, boy you smell good! ErinK, that's definitely not acceptable...I've heard the exact same situation happen more than once to other basenoters. I've ordered from them once and they screwed up the order...Noted that my Dior Homme Sport (2008) was purchased...send me the newest version. I specifically wanted the older stuff as I already HAD the new juice. Frustrating for sure, dealing with fragrancenet.
    MadHat Scents

Skiff (Ambergris, Tropical Fruit, Pacific Red Cedar, Floral Mukhallat) / Embers - ONLY 135ml Left (Un-burned Incense, Campfires, Leather and Resins) / Khus (Ruh Khus, Sandalwood, Rose, Geranium)

Good evening all Today I'm quite happy The weather is sunny and really warm ( 24 degrees) , so I wore a short summerdress with short leggings under at work I have three whole days off too In general things are pretty good. Got a crush and I don't even worry about it, it's summer , friday and soon payday! Today I'm in synch with a Guerlain. I have really sprayed myself generously with Jicky edt today. It's perfect today. Have a great day and weekend all!

I just got a decant of Pulp so was able to give it a proper wearing. I think it's interesting and I like it, but probably not enough to pursue beyond the decant. I might get some of the shower gel, though, I think it would be great in the shower.

Welcome, Verona!

I am in sync today with Clair de Musc from Serge Lutens, considering that I own 6 bell jars and about 5 export bottles (I haven't counted the latter).

Thank you everyone for your welcomes!! nice to be here!!
    Mi sagli smo glave, u strahu da biće još gore...i biće, jer sagli smo glave...a ljubav živi...

Basenotes Plus

Good Afternoon! Through the generosity of my sandalwood brother down in Miami, Mike Perez, I am swimming in Crabtree and Evelyn vintage Extract of Mysore Sandalwood today. It's so good I want to re-apply it again right now. The only problem with trying discontinued fragrances like this one is falling in love with it and having to bid for them on ebay.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
    improving olfactory environments one molecule at a time....

Hi, everyone! Ran out of the house at 7:30 a.m. today with only samples in hand, so am not in synch for the nonce... Though I do smell lovely, if I do say so myself, in Slumberhouse Sova. What I particularly enjoy about Sova is that it smells *interesting* rather than strictly pretty, but it does smell really great, in my opinion. Compelling.

I think it's something about the sweet clover, hay and tobacco that's doing it for me today.

Tonight I'll synch up in something from Neil Morris Fragrances, the perfumer from whom I own far and away more bottles of than any other. Partly this is because he is in my opinion a phenomenal perfumer (as well as a phenomenal human being), partly because he's always creating and is excited to share his work so there are ample opportunities to "sample" his latest, and partly because he is local to me, so when I sniff something and fall in love with it, I have been known to drive to him to save shipping (and wait times).

I do believe I will wear the first fragrance I ever bought from him, Storm, a rich floral powerhouse with post-lightning ozone and a hint of clean, damp earth.

Sova notes: Sweet clover, beeswax, poplar, genet flower, golden grains, hops, hay, tobacco.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...
    Currently wearing: Infusion d'Iris by Prada

Good afternoon all.

As I walked with dogs with my older daughter, I had the Lou Reed song "Perfect Day" running through my head. It really is a perfect day here, and I'm so glad I got to spend it with her.

I did the triple sync today. Eau de Guerlain early this morning, then Private Collection to exercise and 31 Rue Cambon for the rest of the day. I had to be "fair" to all three houses.

Mike, I so wish I got gingerbread from Bois des Iles, but I've only tried the modern EDT and perfume, and on my skin I don't.

Vernona, welcome!

I really have enjoyed reading the posts about this week's sync. ComDiva, I'd never even heard of yours -- so cool!
    Currently wearing: Ylang 49 by Le Labo

Hello all
    Jersey extrait
    Have a lovely evening x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ending the night with Amouage Beloved Man and a new book called D-Day Minute by Minute by Jonathan Mayo.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Aqua Velva Ice Blue Aftershave tonight
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha
    Currently wearing: Cumming by Alan Cumming

heart of ice

In synch today with SL Daim Blond. my newest addition to the family. It was actually a tie when I counted up bottles ... SL: 6 and Guerlain: 6 but the tie breaker goes to Serge because I have so many decants from his line. (I wish they were full bottles ... maybe some day!)

Hubby and I went out to eat to celebrate our anniversary which was actually yesterday. We were supposed to go to an outdoor concert at the River Festival, but it looks like rain tonight, so we chickened out and played it safe by dinner only. I had some really yummy salmon in a sriracha sauce, served over couscous and roasted vegetables. YUM!

easyfish, that is one of my most favorite paintings EVER!

happy Friday, hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Armani Code Ultimate