Code of Conduct

Default Manscaping Advice wanted!

I'm looking for some general advice on how to maintain my body hair on specific areas.

First off, the area on the behind (buttocks). There should not be hair there, so should i look for a permanent solution like laser removal or something? I shouldnt have to shave or trim my buttock hair every so often.

And what about my groin area. I shave my pubic hair of course, so that the area feels clean and fesh, but what about the upper part of the legs. The point where they connect with the upper body. It feels weird having the groin shaven and right there and then hait to start on the pelvic area and below? Any way for a smoother transition?

Also I have thick and dense hair on my legs. I dont want to shave them cause that doesnt feel manly to me personally, but i also dont want to have as much and as long hair there. What could i do?

Default Re: Manscaping Advice wanted!

If you're a man I don't see the issue with hairy buttocks. Some men naturally have hair there, others don't.
    If a female then I can understand

I personally like to wax, it lasts for a long time and doesn't produce the annoying stubble. But I agree that waxing, or shaving, the backside is complicated (of course, that's straightforward if you have a partner do it for you).

As for transitioning, I don't know, but I wonder if a hair trimmer with the appropriate length accessory could do the job.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloke View Post
    If you're a man I don't see the issue with hairy buttocks. Some men naturally have hair there, others don't.
    Agree.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

As far as the issue with the smooth transition, why not just trim your pubes, and only shave your actual junk. Razor on my junk, then I use an electric trimmer with a number one or two guard for around the junk, and I leave the legs and stomach alone. I feel like there's only two options, being hairy and natural like a man, and just taking care of the details, or shaving your entire body, which I personally think is silly.
    Last edited by notwerby; 6th June 2014 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I personally like to wax
    Lol, this reminded me of this scene

Quite funny, I had not seen the movie...

cacio

You could use a trimmer for your legs to transition from your pube area. I don't see what's wrong with hairy buttocks, I find it kinda hot haha.

yeah I guess it's a really a personal call, and also whatever your partner wants. Personally I use a trimmer on say #2 for the groin and backside area and maybe #3 for legs and chest, so basically I find reducing everything down is the best for me rather than completely taking everything off and then having it all come back. I think a bit of arm and leg hair is pretty normal and expected. Personally I shave my foot and knuckle hairs but that's just me
    NEW SPLIT - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Did you get your arse sorted out? Before/after pics?

Personally I just let it grow. Free pillow if sitting outdoors.

Use something with a guard. They make specific "body shavers" now. I bought the Philips "Bodygroom" and I find that a 3 in the groin faded up to a 1 works nicely. You can remove the guards and shave it all off in those upper leg areas as well; basically pain free as long as you're careful of the angle you're shaving at.

P.S. If you buy the Philips one, don't leave it on charge all the time, you'll fry the battery. Better to let it run out and charge it infrequently and not completely because the charger doesn't stop when the battery is full.