Code of Conduct

Default Boxer Briefs suggestions?

This isn't necessarily grooming, but i felt it was better here than in the style forum.

I'm having a hard time finding good underwear ever since i started wearing more form fitting jeans. I switched from levis 514s to 513s; the 514s were a little too loose on me. The problem is, now all my regular boxers are too bulky. I bought some regular hanes boxer briefs, but for whatever reason, in combination with the tighter jeans, they really seem to constrict around my crotch. When i'm sitting at work and i go to cross my legs i really feel it pull. I also bought a pair of Tommy Hilfiger "classic trunks" and these are even worse.

Does anyone have any recommendations for boxers or boxer briefs that are cut small enough to wear under relatively tight (not skinny) jeans, but not have so much elastic that they constrict? Also, i'm trying to not spend 25$ a pair. Thanks all.

Default Re: Boxer Briefs suggestions?

I was going to say Elle Macpherson but they may be above your price range. Not sure, but you should check them out.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

Quote Originally Posted by adam090273 View Post
    I was going to say Elle Macpherson but they may be above your price range. Not sure, but you should check them out.
    http://www.bendonlingerie.com.au/mac...ue-daisy-print like these? And its not that i cant afford more expensive ones, its just that with underwear, you cant really take it for a test drive, so if i go through 5 different brands of 25$ boxers before i find the ones i like, its a big waste. But i do appreciate quality and am willing to pay for it.

Yes these are similar to what I wear. Excellent comfort and quality. That's a good price too.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

Yeah but i just realized i'd have to ship em anyway. I'd rather find something local. I'll keep that in mind though if i keep striking out.

I am fine with boxer briefs (or simple briefs) by 2xist, but as you pointed out, everybody is different. Usually, one can find them at discounters like marshalls' and the like.

cacio

Anyone tried Mack Weldon?

Basenotes Institution

I found the ones from GAP fit pretty awesome, try those.
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Hanes regular briefs are pretty good. But all my jeans are loose fitting though.

Tommy John's are great and may be exactly what you're looking for. Gilt.com had them some time ago at pax. 50% off.

Banana republic for me

I am an A&F convert for their boxer briefs.

Basenotes Member

The European cut boxer briefs aren't as long as the typical American style. I prefer the European cut.

I sport underwear from Aussiebum. The price point can range from roughly $10 a pair to roughly $30 a pair with this brand.

I may one day purchase the French made underwear from the brand garcon. But that price point is roughly $30 a pair.

whatever you do, per my recommendation, don't purchase and wear colognes from the houses of Creed and Amouage but then turn around and buy your underwear from Walmart.

Grab a pair of Ex Officio's from Amazon and see if they don't replace all your other underwear. There's usually at least one color available for around $15. If you see them on sale for less than $15, grab several. Best, most comfortable, most well-constructed underwear I've ever owned.

Frigo No.1 offers a very classy and stylish boxer brief.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I have larger thighs so boxer briefs in general are too much material in my opinion. Almost like wearing two pairs of pants. Whatever you decide, make sure they have some spandex (usually around 5%) and go for trunks (European or Brazilian style) instead of boxer briefs.

I wear skinny jeans and honestly any decent pair of boxer briefs should do the trick. I kind of find it odd they don't seem to be comfortable enough for you. I know there's a line of Calvin Klein boxer briefs made specifically for low cut skinny jeans wearing guys. I forget what the line was called - Bold or something?

But I think it might be something else? Emporio Armani underwear line is really good too.

Blog Entries

Boxer-briefs wearer here, never really bother with anything more expensive than Hanes or Fruit of Loom
    Never understood boxers, no support.
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Under Armour

Quote Originally Posted by odioustoilet View Post
    Boxer-briefs wearer here, never really bother with anything more expensive than Hanes or Fruit of Loom
    Never understood boxers, no support.
    Just a suggestion, give something a bit better quality that Fruit of the Loom. You may be surprised. I even prefer Gap. But my favorite, I'm embarrassed to say, are Abercrombie.

Gildan from Walmart or evolve from target

The best ones I own are the Hollister ones I got in their sale last year for the unbelievable price of £2.80 a pair, just wish I'd ordered more. Next best in terms of comfort are just some cheapie supermarket ones, from Tesco I think they were. Nowhere near the quality of the Hollisters though but a good comfortable fit.

Biggest disappointment in terms of quality were Calvin Kleins, ok comfort-wise (just ok, not great) but I have ones from shops that were around a third or even a quarter of the price that feel better quality.