Code of Conduct

Default Pairing perfume and food

Upfront apologies: If a thread with this subject already exists, kindly discontinue this one.

In addition to enjoying great wine and food pairs (How I love a plate of angel hair pasta and pesto paired with a great Pinot Grigio), I can truly appreciate the added accompanyment of a complimentary perfume to further enhance the experience.

One such pairing I particularly enjoyed recently was as follows:
    Danish blue cheese layered on cracked pepper and olive oil crackers - a glass of ice-cold, dry, Prosecco - Mitsouko 2013 EDT

Heaven.

Care to share others fine pairings?
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Default Re: Pairing perfume and food

Angel Food cake and Angel!!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Citrus scents whilst having grilled seafood is great.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Citrus scents whilst having grilled seafood is great.
    sounds delicious!

Although I'm not too fond of pairing these two pleasures- especially when I'm cooking I don't like to be scented- I like to wear Indian inspired perfumes (Trayee, Shaal Nur..) when eating Indian or coriander laden ones (Love Coco, Fils du Dieu du Riz...) when eating East- Asian.

And I've found a stunning kinship between sage and myrrh/ incense...
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Angel Food cake and Angel!!
    I can see it!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

While not exactly food, far more a tobacco product (thus more or less off-topic), perhaps a fine Cuban cigar and, quite obviously, a tobacco dominated, but also slightly leathery and/or boozy scent. Maybe along the lines of vintage Escada PH, Zino Davidoff, vintage Aramis Havana, even Knize Ten and Chanel Antaeus, but also fragrances more or less associated with cognac manufacturing brands/companies like Courvoisier or Frapin.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 7th June 2014 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    While not exactly food, far more a tobacco product (thus more or less off-topic), perhaps a fine Cuban cigar and, quite obviously, a tobacco dominated, but also slightly leathery and/or boozy scent.
    It's perfectly alright to color outside the lines.

Embruns D'Essaouira or Sel Marin while eating a dozen oysters or cherry stone clams on the half shell.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Interesting observations, please keep them coming, I am enjoying this thread about my two favorite subjects together.

Hi there Twolf! Tonight's dinner included mushroom ravioli with creamy Marsala sauce. I wore Cartier's La Panthere....which was very complimentary with its' mushroomy-earthy gardenia.

I think the pairings of seafood with piquant fragrances containing aquatic or citrus notes is perfection.

Nothing fancy, but for me it was a delicious simple pleasure one morning: Earl Grey tea, barely sweetened + Persian halva + Indole de Lubin.

(The halva is different from the more usual sesame version. There are no sesame seeds in this one- it’s a soft, pasty concoction of wheat flour browned with butter, sugar, rose water, saffron and cardamom, and those flavors plus the hot tea and perfume were wonderful together.)
    There are always flowers for those who want to see them.
    ~ Henri Matisse