Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Saturday, 7 June, 2014.

Hi everyone - have a lovely day

Mare - Slumberhouse.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Saturday, 7 June, 2014.

Hi Ipp and everyone!! Have a nice weekend and do something fun!!
    Today I'm trying out a sample of PG No 18 Cadjmere...the thing is, I sprayed it pretty generously all over (which I never do with fragrances I never tried before) and boy it aint light or summery at all, have the urge to go wash myself right away...reminds me of Chanel Allure a bit...so another flop for me today...sure got it going these days guess I'm a tough crowd..

Thanks, Vernona - and a belated welcome
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

hello all, enjoy your weekend!

Basenotes Plus

Hi everyone! Happy Saturday to you all. I am currently wearing vintage Mitsouko EDT (from the early 1990's) and boy is it different from the current EDP! It is far more mossy of course, because of the oak moss in it, but it's relative transparency and lightness allow me to get the peach notes more clearly. It is also thankfully missing that pungent fermenting yeast / bread smell that I have trouble with in the current EDP. So, all in all, a very pleasant surprise and I think a new way for me to appreciate Mitsouko, especially now that we've hit summer in the Balkans! Longevity isn't the best but I don't really care about longevity in perfumes anyway since I like to have my day scent fade out in time for me to enjoy a different scet in the evening!

Hi Vernona! So, after all the fumes have dies down a bit, how is Cadjmere as a scent? I have not tried it
    Myself but I think it has coconut in it right? You do love a bit of coconut, don't you?

Easyfish - I was thinking of you (and Mumsy, was it?) yesterday because I saw a bottle of Yendi on eBay yesterday, and I seem to remember you talking about it. How is it? If you are interested, look on eBay Italia for it, I think that's where I saw it.

Good morning, everyone!

I was really busy during the past days with the elections, work, my daughter’s exams, and the house...
    I was sick with allergic rhinitis twice last month and then with a bad cold.
    My smell is now only half back.I really hope it will improve, I don’t want to think it will stay like this for ever…

Chanel No5 Eau Premiere was a safe choice when I had no smell at all.

My daughter will take exams until the end of June and I am really glad school will be over for her after that,
    no matter what the results will be. That’s the only thing I am looking forward to.
    (Things are going from bad to worse here, and there are times that I am really angry with the indifference people show…)

I am catching up with your posts drinking coffee right now, but I have to get ready and go to the super market as every
    Saturday, and I hate it!

I am wearing
    Ava Luxe – No 23

Hi Claire! oh, it's got coconut allright just without the coco! I don't get any coconut at all! Obviously coconut needs to be quite forte for me to appreciate it. The fragrance it self is very Allure-sque, I get woody vanilla, it's rich but not cozy imo. It's kinda sexy but cold...doesn't suit me tough and didn't impress me.
    Edit: smelling it right now and trying to extrapolate notes and I get some really weird an muddy sort of note in the background...don't know what that is but sure aint liking it...Might just take a shower
    Last edited by Vernona; 7th June 2014 at 09:37 AM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Montale Greyland today
    Last edited by kbe; 7th June 2014 at 10:09 AM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Saturday, 7 June, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone. Vintage Chanel No. 5 edc for me today.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello all.

La Panthère 2014
    DONNA

Good Morning All. It's sunny and expected to be quite warm here today. Seems I've been craving chypres lately, so I'm wearing a classic summer scent with a chypre vibe...White Linen by Estee Lauder.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Etoile De Lune by Chabaud

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Good morning everyone It's still warm today, but cloudy today. I was in the mood for Opium, so I'm wearing that Have a great day all

Biblioteca De Babel by Fueguia 1833

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Afternoon all, & a belated Happy Anniversary to Mr & Mrs shades!

After some thunderstorms this morning, it's sunny & warm here now, & set to be even better tomorrow.

Draining my sample of Boutonniere No.7.

(((dora)))

Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

A quick hello to all.
    Again in Bond/Mothers.
    Will say more when I'm on a keyboard during the workweek--especially about wintertime fave Cadjmere.
    Busy and making good headway. Plan to reward myself with a bushel of frag samples once we crest certain goals.
    CapriDog, that illustration! Evocative of feelings for which I can't find words.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Institution

ErinK - sorry to hear about the Fragrancenet snafu. I've never ordered from them before. I'm sure there's other sources for Jicky
    Xscent - I'll probably plan a full Bois-des-Iles-splash-session when I'm at the end of the bottle. Right before I replace it. This stuff is fantastic.
    Mocha - sent you a PM
    shadesofbleu - Happy Belated Anniversary! ((bear hugs))
    Momma Quarry - ((bear hugs)) for you too, just because I need them

L'Air du Temps (vintage Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci

I love this stuff. Really keeps me in a nice stark, crisp bubble of carnation on a hot humid windy day.

Sunny here, I think I need to go to the pool. But I also need to go to the gym too. Which one will win out? Big decisions here ladies & gents. Stay tuned!
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Guerlain Jicky extrait layered with Jicky Eau de Parfum. Finished D-Day Minute by Minute this morning.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Spending the weekend in the Hamptons, wearing Lutens La Vierge de Fer at the beach, probably something else dining out tonight, maybe Narcisse Noir

Well, it's sample Saturday for me. Went through my samples and selected a Chanel since after you get past No. 5 I know nothing. Found a sample for Chanel Platinum Egoiste from Sephora. Tried it and thought it was not girly enough for me. (Giggle) My husband smelled my wrist and said "I could wear that. It's really nice for a man". (Giggle) Decided to look it up. My Father's Day gift problem is solved. My total ignorance turned out to be a smart move after all. Now to go back in my samples and find something else. Or -- since I've met my sample obligation for the day to wear something from my collection.

Have a nice day everybody. Vegangirl wish I was there with you.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

DH2013 (4hrs) then transition to Amouage Reflection

" When your ready to quit, you're 1/2 way there"
    Using Tapatalk

Hi, gang - I'm probably going to get this in not-the-order-of-posters, so sorry in advance:

Vernona: Belated welcome from me, too, and sorry to hear you're not having much fun with Cadjmere. Like Quarry, Cadjmere is one of my favorite cooler weather scents... But I can see that it could easily be overwhelming in the heat. That said, you might simply not like it in *any* weather, and that's what makes perfumes and skin chemistry so much fun, in my opinion. I do encourage you to try some of the other Parfumerie Generales... I think the line is extremely well done in general. If caraway is something you enjoy, I heartily recommend Querrelle, for example.

CapriDog, I also found your photo deliciously compelling... Wanted to fall straight into it. Instead, I Googled Biblioteca Babel and have now added it to my (ridiculous) "wish list" (which is really mostly a 'to-test' list) on Luckyscent. It sounds fantastic. Are you enjoying it?

Pomander!!! ((((Hi!!!!)))) So nice to see you, and you smell divine.

Add me to those wishing Shades a happy belated anniversary, and more hugs to (((Dora))).

Kbe, you smell divine, too!

Mike, hugs to you as well, scent-brother mine, and please let me know when you're running low on your Bwah des Eels... I have an embarrassment of riches since I forgot I'd done a (monstrous bottle) split a couple of years ago and did ANOTHER monstrous bottle split back at our BN Meet-up in Chicago last October. I absolutely love the stuff, and will go through it eventually, but I'd just as soon share the love with my scent-friends-and-family if I'm in a position to do so.

Hednic, I noticed you've been giving some of the new L'Artisan Explosions d'Emotions a wear or two lately (though not today - however, I also added Etoile de Lune to my Luckyscent wish/test list). How are you finding the Explosions line? Personally I want to try Haute Voltige, Skin on Skin, Onde Sensuelle and Amour Nocturne. Then again, if it's by Bertrand Duchafour, I'm pretty likely to enjoy it. Wish they had a coffret available! Sigh...

Anyhow, I'm sharing the house with Hednic anyhow in L'Artisan Nuit de Tuberose. Do other people find this is a lovely warm weather fragrance? Even though it's got some spice going on, I find the creamy/light element of the tuberose to be very uplifting.

Nuit de Tuberose notes: Spices, Tuberose, Woods, Orange Blossom.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 7th June 2014 at 08:58 PM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

(((((Hi back at ya ComDiva)))))

After a late afternoon shower, Bottega Veneta Eau Legere.

A lovely evening to All.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

summer means fireflys

Craving the beach today (while I clean house <sigh>), I'm wearing Bond Fire Island. I'm also burning a Coconut Lemongrass Scentsy wax and that smells SO good. That coconut smell plus all this talk of coconut fragrances has my buying finger itchy!

Thank you Teardrop, Mike, and ComDiva!

Happy weekend, everyone! hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Started in Terracotta le parfum, now in Bottega Veneta edp

Basenotes Institution

ComDiva - thank's sweetie, I will let you know. I happen to love the EdT on hot Summer afternoons...there's something about aldehydes that feel very refreshing to me in the middle of a hot sticky humid day. Like sniffing the top of a Pepsi bottle after you pop the cap off. It's when I wear most of my aldehyde heavy scents like Chant de Aromes and No. 19.
    shadesofbleu - I almost went to the beach today, but I was so darned lazy instead, I just stayed in and napped a lot. Sometimes I take for granted that the beach is really only 5-10 minutes away from my apartment.

Worked out, and had a nice long soak in the jacuzzi afterward (which was deserted so it made it even more relaxing) in:

Shalimar Body Cream

I'm going out dancing tonight and to meet up with a new friend...not really a date, but the first time we're meeting each other in person. I'll wear something sexy and sweat-appropriate...maybe Tam Dao Eau de Parfum with that whiff of coconut that seems to be a theme this weekend.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Ending the night with Zino Davidoff.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf