Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Default Carte Blanche by Eclectic Collections?

    Seriously, what's going on with the 'notes' list here?


    Whipped Cream, Milk, Champagne, Cupcake, Cranberry, Red Wine, Sugar, Black Currant, Sea Water, Regular Water, and Red Berries....among others.


    Are they for real?


    Is anybody familiar with this fragrance?



    Can you really pick up on Champagne, Cupcakes, and Sea Water when you wear this?


    I understand the notes lists are more impressions/interpretations than anything, but they've got to be reaching a little bit here. I'm almost tempted to make a blind buy just to see what's really going on.


    I'd love to hear from anybody who owns or has sampled Carte Blanche.
    Check out my current NICHE SALE, you can't beat these prices!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Carte Blanche by Eclectic Collections?

    Its sounds digusting to me.
    Please cancel my subscription to your issues.
    Currently wearing: Lui by Mazzolari

  3. #3
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    111,202

    Default Re: Carte Blanche by Eclectic Collections?

    The notes list looked interesting until I read sea water.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  4. #4
    silentrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers, FL
    Posts
    5,384

    Default Re: Carte Blanche by Eclectic Collections?

    I remember looking on Fragrantica and laughing at all the pictures of the notes. I believe these are EdP's ,but from what I hear they smell like crap.

  5. #5
    Super Member xoxoMyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    263

    Default Re: Carte Blanche by Eclectic Collections?

    The fragrances aren't bad, but they feel "flat"... They are very linear and don't have much depth. However, they don't smell harsh or extremely synthetic like a lot of the bottles on the fragrances counters at the department stores. That's a plus!

    Their packaging leaves a lot to be desired. The boxes they come in are fancy but usually damaged (probably a vendor issue). The bottles are heavy and feel opulent, but they use a cheap, thin aluminum coin that they legitimately glue their E.C. logo/emblem on with.

    As far as Carte Blanche, it is a creamy citrus fragrance with the typical clean, aquatic men's scent. It's a sugary version of I Am King by Sean John.

    I can literally smell the frosting in this fragrance, and the frosting note lasts all the way until basenotes/drydown. The first hour is creamy (the frosting note) and citrus-y. The frosting and citrus DO NOT combine to make a Dreamsicle scent. The frosting is definitely a sugary vanilla frosting. And the citruses are definitely there on their own (I smell tangerine, orange, and lemon). The aquatic accord, sugary frosting, and citrus ride a wave until a woody drydown.

    The colognes lasts about 3-5 hours on my skin and depending on the temperature.

    This is a fragrance I am positive that I would never replace if I ever get around to finishing the bottle. That doesn't make it bad - just not my cup of a tea. It's a soft, smooth citrus bomb.
    Never leave the house without six sprays.

    My Top 5:
    1. Kokorico By Night
    2. Perry Ellis "m"
    3. Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge
    4. Decibel
    5. Body Kouros

  6. #6
    Dependent Hawky454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,349

    Default Re: Carte Blanche by Eclectic Collections?

    I really like that it has both sea and regular water in the notes. Lol.
    "If consequences dictate a course of action, than it doesn't matter what's right, it's only wrong if you get caught." MJK.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

  7. #7
    Dependent Hawky454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,349

    Default Carte Blanche by Eclectic Collections?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawky454 View Post
    I really like that it has both sea and regular water in the notes. Lol.
    By the way, welcome black BuysBlind. I've missed your posts around here.

    FYI. Damn....every time I try to edit my post on Tapatalk it just creates a reply to my original post.
    "If consequences dictate a course of action, than it doesn't matter what's right, it's only wrong if you get caught." MJK.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

  8. #8
    Dependent bigbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Central Oregon
    Posts
    3,249

    Default Re: Carte Blanche by Eclectic Collections?

    Yeah, the note pyramid is total bunk. But the scent is nice....VERY close to Sean John's I Am King.(which I LOVE and is a guilty pleasure of mine Sadly though, even though it claims to be EDP...it didn't last any longer than I Am King. Which is the only thing I don't like about it...amazing smell, but terrible longevity.
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."
    -Hebrews 11:1

  9. #9
    Dependent freewheelingvagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    7,271

    Default Re: Carte Blanche by Eclectic Collections?

    Quote Originally Posted by xoxoMyke View Post
    The fragrances aren't bad, but they feel "flat"... They are very linear and don't have much depth. However, they don't smell harsh or extremely synthetic like a lot of the bottles on the fragrances counters at the department stores. That's a plus!

    Their packaging leaves a lot to be desired. The boxes they come in are fancy but usually damaged (probably a vendor issue). The bottles are heavy and feel opulent, but they use a cheap, thin aluminum coin that they legitimately glue their E.C. logo/emblem on with.

    As far as Carte Blanche, it is a creamy citrus fragrance with the typical clean, aquatic men's scent. It's a sugary version of I Am King by Sean John.

    I can literally smell the frosting in this fragrance, and the frosting note lasts all the way until basenotes/drydown. The first hour is creamy (the frosting note) and citrus-y. The frosting and citrus DO NOT combine to make a Dreamsicle scent. The frosting is definitely a sugary vanilla frosting. And the citruses are definitely there on their own (I smell tangerine, orange, and lemon). The aquatic accord, sugary frosting, and citrus ride a wave until a woody drydown.

    The colognes lasts about 3-5 hours on my skin and depending on the temperature.

    This is a fragrance I am positive that I would never replace if I ever get around to finishing the bottle. That doesn't make it bad - just not my cup of a tea. It's a soft, smooth citrus bomb.
    Thank you for your observations!
    Album of the week: The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (1972) - David Bowie

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Muh1pk7xc2k
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

  10. #10

    Default Re: Carte Blanche by Eclectic Collections?

    I tried this and was disappointed, not enough real water.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.
    Currently wearing: Rose 31 by Le Labo

  11. #11
    Dependent Hawky454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,349

    Default Re: Carte Blanche by Eclectic Collections?

    Quote Originally Posted by adam090273 View Post
    I tried this and was disappointed, not enough real water.
    Lol!!!
    "If consequences dictate a course of action, than it doesn't matter what's right, it's only wrong if you get caught." MJK.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

  12. #12

    Default Re: Carte Blanche by Eclectic Collections?

    This cologne was given to me by my girlfriend. It's eccentric but not offensive or exuberant. If performs best in a cooler environment, but it is definitely a summer scent. The best way I can explain it is imagine that you're on the Mediterranean coast at a little cafe in italy. You're standing peeling a enormous orange that fills the air with its scent with every peive2of peel you take off. The wind is blowing from the south so you can smell and feel the warm salty ocean breeze. You finish peeling your orange and set it aside to take a sip of champagne (even though in italy you'd probably be drinking wine). After that you decide to go visit an ice cream shop (probably don't see those on the coast in italy, but bare with me). Unfortunately the ice cream in your cone is melting and running down your hands so you wipe them off. As you bring the cone up for another lick you realize your hands smell really good so you take another whiff. Orange with a hint salt and cream. Beautiful. Thank you. I'll be here all week.

    1st hour
    Projection 8/10
    Very strong nonsynthetic citrus scent

    2-4 Hours
    Projection 5/10

    Salty, champagney, citrus.

    4-6 hours
    Projection skin close
    Cream and orange and salt.

Similar Threads

  1. Eclectic Collections
    By supernaan in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 6th April 2012, 03:31 PM
  2. how do you take carte of your hands?
    By PerfumeGoddess in forum Cosmetics & Beauty
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25th September 2011, 09:17 AM
  3. Building an Eclectic Arsenal
    By imrickjames118 in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 3rd May 2010, 07:52 PM
  4. Is your taste mainly eclectic or mainly specialized?
    By irish in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12th January 2009, 08:43 PM
  5. Eclectic fragrance?
    By mamamia in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 21st September 2008, 07:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000