Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default GIT - Full bottle worthy or just "ho-hum"....Im on the fence with having this one in my collection -

What do you guys think?
    CURRENT TOP TEN FOR SUMMER (HOT):
    1.) MFK Pluriel for him
    2.) Vetiver Fatal
    3.) Guerlain L'eau
    4.) Anat Fritz Tzora
    5.) Frank No. 2 L.A.
    6.) Dior Homme Eau
    7.) Invasion Barbare
    8.) Xerjoff Nio
    9.) Byredo Bal D'Afrique
    10.) Escentric 02

Default Re: GIT - Full bottle worthy or just "ho-hum"....Im on the fence with having this one in my collecti

If you're going to purchase GIT, I'd get it directly from the Creed store. I've smelt it too many times for various sources and you can get burned on a bad batch. But a scent like GIT isn't worth what they charge. Overall, a headache and you could buy a few other really good scents for that amount. I'd pass.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: GIT - Full bottle worthy or just "ho-hum"....Im on the fence with having this one in my collecti

I have it in my collection, but truth be told - I rarely reach for it. Maybe couple times a year. Kind of got over it a few years ago and moved on to other things, I suppose... Not a bad scent, just... kind of "done with it" if you know what I mean...

EDIT: And yes, definitely not worth the full asking price. Get it from one of the online discounters, or a decant - I'd never pay $300+ for it, it's not that special.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    you could buy a few other really good scents for that amount.
    I own GIT + few other creed's - almost everything from this house is overpriced (even if bought @ Fragrancenet). As well - batch variations are always an issue - so you have better luck on the lottery than a good batch of GIT (i bought 3 before my current bottle which is decent)...
    Currently wearing: Kalemat by Arabian Oud

Have you tried Chez Bond? I like GIT, but if you find it "ho hum", maybe Chez Bond would be a little more to your liking? VERY similar (so you may find it to be also ho-hum), but I think the slight tea note and better longevity makes it slightly superior (and BN9 is currently running their buy 2 get 1 free deal).

anyway, to answer your question, yes, I think GIT is FBW.
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Creed - Original Cologne
    2. Xerjoff - Nio
    3. Creed - Aventus
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    6. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    7. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    8. Dior - Homme Sport 2012
    9. Tom Ford - Rive d'Ambre
    10. Creed - Virgin Island Water

Basenotes Plus

I personally prefer Chez Bond.

My best recommendation is to go with your gut. If you really like it, then buy it. If you are on the fence, then why buy it.

Basenotes Plus

After having some GIT, I'd never be without it. It's a wonderful, versatile fragrance. I think it's one of the best things I've ever smelled. While batch variations are an issue, for the most part they are blown out of proportion.

If you have a credit card, then who cares..
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)

I think its a great scent and certainly worth the $150 or so it goes for for a 4 oz on fragrancenet. For me unlike Aventus all 3 GIT batches I have worn smell great and identical. I really think the batch thing applies more to Aventus and MI.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman
    Currently wearing: Sel Marin by Heeley

Not worthy of purchase for me, but it's not my decision.
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 7th June 2014 at 09:17 PM.
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

definitely FBW in my opinion

Basenotes Junkie

If i am on the fence, then it isn't worth it. Full bottles are reserved for 'love it' fragrances.

Rick

Full bottle worth IMO.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks guys.... I had Chez Bond before and sold it.....very nice fragrance but got bored with it quickly....GIT sounds amazing but is it different enough than Chez Bond and will I tire of it? Not sure....I have MI and Aventus and I have NEVER tired of these....
    1.) MFK Pluriel for him
    2.) Vetiver Fatal
    3.) Guerlain L'eau
    4.) Anat Fritz Tzora
    5.) Frank No. 2 L.A.
    6.) Dior Homme Eau
    7.) Invasion Barbare
    8.) Xerjoff Nio
    9.) Byredo Bal D'Afrique
    10.) Escentric 02

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    If you have a credit card, then who cares..
    Haha, I love this response. I think GIT is great and it seems to fit with the type of fragrances that you like. However, I don't currently own a full bottle. I picked up some sample vials of GIT over the past couple years with Fragrancenet orders and just fill up an atomizer. I'm sure I'll buy a FB again at some point, but right now there are too many other fragrances that I'm interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Full bottle worth IMO.
    +1. I wear this a lot to work.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.
    Currently wearing: Original Vetiver by Creed

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    Thanks guys.... I had Chez Bond before and sold it.....very nice fragrance but got bored with it quickly....GIT sounds amazing but is it different enough than Chez Bond and will I tire of it? Not sure....I have MI and Aventus and I have NEVER tired of these....
    Chez Bond is close enough to GIT that I'd be afraid you'd run into the same issue. I agree with the posters above that Chez Bond would actually be my preference over GIT. So if Chez wasn't good enough for you to keep FSU, GIT may be even less so.

Definitely full bottle worthy, IMO.

FBW! I own and love it. On a side note, I find GIT superior to Chez Bond. Git is vibrant, smooth, high quality. Chez Bond is smooth and creamy, but the liveliness and character is lacking and view it as one of those good "impostor" fragrances. Just my opinion. I've owned Chez Bond in the past, BTW.
    Last edited by Scentologist; 8th June 2014 at 02:50 AM.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

If you have to ask...

But then again I'm very conservative with my purchases.
    That feeling when you're waiting for a split to fill.

I really really like GIT. I think it's fabulous.

But I've never had a positive comment from wearing it - and that's after using up a whole 125ml bottle.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    FBW! I own and love it. On a side note, I find GIT superior to Chez Bond. Git is vibrant, smooth, high quality. Chez Bond is smooth and creamy, but the liveliness and character is lacking and view it as one of those good "impostor" fragrances. Just my opinion. I've owned Chez Bond in the past, BTW.
    I agree with everything you said. You want a great bottle? Beauty encounter.com.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Basenotes Plus

I found some a little cheaper on ebay but based on what everybody said on here perhaps I should go to a reputable retailer....Beauty Encounter has it for around 134 bucks....not bad....

Ugh, still not sure I want to pull the trigger when there are SOOO many interesting, obscure scents out there....This one just straight up smells good, it seems...
    1.) MFK Pluriel for him
    2.) Vetiver Fatal
    3.) Guerlain L'eau
    4.) Anat Fritz Tzora
    5.) Frank No. 2 L.A.
    6.) Dior Homme Eau
    7.) Invasion Barbare
    8.) Xerjoff Nio
    9.) Byredo Bal D'Afrique
    10.) Escentric 02

If you are "on the fence" about whether to buy any scent regardless of the price or brand, don't buy it. Save your purchase money for those that you love.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Masque Milano Russian Tea

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    I found some a little cheaper on ebay but based on what everybody said on here perhaps I should go to a reputable retailer....Beauty Encounter has it for around 134 bucks....not bad....

Ugh, still not sure I want to pull the trigger when there are SOOO many interesting, obscure scents out there....This one just straight up smells good, it seems...
    shouldn't be very hard to sell your bottle and get your money back if you decide it's not worth owning...

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    If you are "on the fence" about whether to buy any scent regardless of the price or brand, don't buy it. Save your purchase money for those that you love.
    Good point....
    1.) MFK Pluriel for him
    2.) Vetiver Fatal
    3.) Guerlain L'eau
    4.) Anat Fritz Tzora
    5.) Frank No. 2 L.A.
    6.) Dior Homme Eau
    7.) Invasion Barbare
    8.) Xerjoff Nio
    9.) Byredo Bal D'Afrique
    10.) Escentric 02

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Sounds good on paper, but I think if I limited buying to scents I 'love' at the time, I'd own about 5. There have been many that I've been on the fence about, bought, and then grew to love. If they go the other direction, I just sell/swap them. That's part of the fun of this hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Sounds good on paper, but I think if I limited buying to scents I 'love' at the time, I'd own about 5. There have been many that I've been on the fence about, bought, and then grew to love. If they go the other direction, I just sell/swap them. That's part of the fun of this hobby.
    That is certainly a valid strategy for the hobby too. I just find it too much of a hassle to post items for sale here or on ebay, take the time to package and mail, take the hit on price. I can see the fun in all of that for some people though. I have reached the point where I have more than I need and will not buy anything else unless I love it. Yin and Yang.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Masque Milano Russian Tea

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    yet another good point....to be honest I forgot what GIT smells like....Probably need to stop by Neiman's on Monday and try it out again...
    1.) MFK Pluriel for him
    2.) Vetiver Fatal
    3.) Guerlain L'eau
    4.) Anat Fritz Tzora
    5.) Frank No. 2 L.A.
    6.) Dior Homme Eau
    7.) Invasion Barbare
    8.) Xerjoff Nio
    9.) Byredo Bal D'Afrique
    10.) Escentric 02

GIT is tough to beat. Is it FBW? Hell yes it is!

Sent from Richard's Ipad