Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default GIT - Full bottle worthy or just "ho-hum"....Im on the fence with having this one in my collection -

What do you guys think?
    Looking for Byredo Pulp -

Default Re: GIT - Full bottle worthy or just "ho-hum"....Im on the fence with having this one in my collecti

If you're going to purchase GIT, I'd get it directly from the Creed store. I've smelt it too many times for various sources and you can get burned on a bad batch. But a scent like GIT isn't worth what they charge. Overall, a headache and you could buy a few other really good scents for that amount. I'd pass.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: GIT - Full bottle worthy or just "ho-hum"....Im on the fence with having this one in my collecti

I have it in my collection, but truth be told - I rarely reach for it. Maybe couple times a year. Kind of got over it a few years ago and moved on to other things, I suppose... Not a bad scent, just... kind of "done with it" if you know what I mean...

EDIT: And yes, definitely not worth the full asking price. Get it from one of the online discounters, or a decant - I'd never pay $300+ for it, it's not that special.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    you could buy a few other really good scents for that amount.
    I own GIT + few other creed's - almost everything from this house is overpriced (even if bought @ Fragrancenet). As well - batch variations are always an issue - so you have better luck on the lottery than a good batch of GIT (i bought 3 before my current bottle which is decent)...

Have you tried Chez Bond? I like GIT, but if you find it "ho hum", maybe Chez Bond would be a little more to your liking? VERY similar (so you may find it to be also ho-hum), but I think the slight tea note and better longevity makes it slightly superior (and BN9 is currently running their buy 2 get 1 free deal).

anyway, to answer your question, yes, I think GIT is FBW.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Basenotes Plus

I personally prefer Chez Bond.

My best recommendation is to go with your gut. If you really like it, then buy it. If you are on the fence, then why buy it.

After having some GIT, I'd never be without it. It's a wonderful, versatile fragrance. I think it's one of the best things I've ever smelled. While batch variations are an issue, for the most part they are blown out of proportion.

If you have a credit card, then who cares..
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

I think its a great scent and certainly worth the $150 or so it goes for for a 4 oz on fragrancenet. For me unlike Aventus all 3 GIT batches I have worn smell great and identical. I really think the batch thing applies more to Aventus and MI.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

Not worthy of purchase for me, but it's not my decision.
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 7th June 2014 at 09:17 PM.

definitely FBW in my opinion

Basenotes Junkie

If i am on the fence, then it isn't worth it. Full bottles are reserved for 'love it' fragrances.

Rick

Full bottle worth IMO.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks guys.... I had Chez Bond before and sold it.....very nice fragrance but got bored with it quickly....GIT sounds amazing but is it different enough than Chez Bond and will I tire of it? Not sure....I have MI and Aventus and I have NEVER tired of these....

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    If you have a credit card, then who cares..
    Haha, I love this response. I think GIT is great and it seems to fit with the type of fragrances that you like. However, I don't currently own a full bottle. I picked up some sample vials of GIT over the past couple years with Fragrancenet orders and just fill up an atomizer. I'm sure I'll buy a FB again at some point, but right now there are too many other fragrances that I'm interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Full bottle worth IMO.
    +1. I wear this a lot to work.
    BRING BACK OUR GIRLS!

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    Thanks guys.... I had Chez Bond before and sold it.....very nice fragrance but got bored with it quickly....GIT sounds amazing but is it different enough than Chez Bond and will I tire of it? Not sure....I have MI and Aventus and I have NEVER tired of these....
    Chez Bond is close enough to GIT that I'd be afraid you'd run into the same issue. I agree with the posters above that Chez Bond would actually be my preference over GIT. So if Chez wasn't good enough for you to keep FSU, GIT may be even less so.

Definitely full bottle worthy, IMO.

FBW! I own and love it. On a side note, I find GIT superior to Chez Bond. Git is vibrant, smooth, high quality. Chez Bond is smooth and creamy, but the liveliness and character is lacking and view it as one of those good "impostor" fragrances. Just my opinion. I've owned Chez Bond in the past, BTW.
    Last edited by Scentologist; 8th June 2014 at 02:50 AM.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

If you have to ask...

But then again I'm very conservative with my purchases.
    Just say no to oniomania.

I really really like GIT. I think it's fabulous.

But I've never had a positive comment from wearing it - and that's after using up a whole 125ml bottle.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    FBW! I own and love it. On a side note, I find GIT superior to Chez Bond. Git is vibrant, smooth, high quality. Chez Bond is smooth and creamy, but the liveliness and character is lacking and view it as one of those good "impostor" fragrances. Just my opinion. I've owned Chez Bond in the past, BTW.
    I agree with everything you said. You want a great bottle? Beauty encounter.com.

I found some a little cheaper on ebay but based on what everybody said on here perhaps I should go to a reputable retailer....Beauty Encounter has it for around 134 bucks....not bad....

Ugh, still not sure I want to pull the trigger when there are SOOO many interesting, obscure scents out there....This one just straight up smells good, it seems...

If you are "on the fence" about whether to buy any scent regardless of the price or brand, don't buy it. Save your purchase money for those that you love.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

I found some a little cheaper on ebay but based on what everybody said on here perhaps I should go to a reputable retailer....Beauty Encounter has it for around 134 bucks....not bad....

Ugh, still not sure I want to pull the trigger when there are SOOO many interesting, obscure scents out there....This one just straight up smells good, it seems...
    shouldn't be very hard to sell your bottle and get your money back if you decide it's not worth owning...

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    If you are "on the fence" about whether to buy any scent regardless of the price or brand, don't buy it. Save your purchase money for those that you love.
    Good point....

Sounds good on paper, but I think if I limited buying to scents I 'love' at the time, I'd own about 5. There have been many that I've been on the fence about, bought, and then grew to love. If they go the other direction, I just sell/swap them. That's part of the fun of this hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Sounds good on paper, but I think if I limited buying to scents I 'love' at the time, I'd own about 5. There have been many that I've been on the fence about, bought, and then grew to love. If they go the other direction, I just sell/swap them. That's part of the fun of this hobby.
    That is certainly a valid strategy for the hobby too. I just find it too much of a hassle to post items for sale here or on ebay, take the time to package and mail, take the hit on price. I can see the fun in all of that for some people though. I have reached the point where I have more than I need and will not buy anything else unless I love it. Yin and Yang.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

yet another good point....to be honest I forgot what GIT smells like....Probably need to stop by Neiman's on Monday and try it out again...

GIT is tough to beat. Is it FBW? Hell yes it is!

Sent from Richard's Ipad

In my opinion, easily bottle-worthy.

GIT can really impress. It's very green and fresh.
    One of the closest things to a "sure thing" scent.
    Last edited by weylin; 8th June 2014 at 07:19 AM.

FBW without a doubt.

For me, I'd never want to be without a bottle.

if GIT is not FBW then you shouldn't purchase scents at all, they would all be a waste of money!

Definitely worth it IMO. Try Chez Bond while you are at it. I have both and would pick GIT but I know people around me who prefer CB. Either way they are great versatile all year frags
    Top 5
    1. Gucci PH2
    2. Aventus
    3. Hermes Un Jardin Méditerranée
    4. Creed GIT
    5. Dior Homme/Intense

Current swap list found here ... http://tinyurl.com/9udvk8q

How do you guys feel about purchasing GIT on ebay ? yes, I know...Retailers are much safer both online and in-person, but what about ebay...Can I hear from some folks who have bought GIT on ebay and what their thoughts were? Were you satisfied ? Whats a good price point to pay for GIT on ebay? What's NOT a good price point to pay on ebay?

Default Re: GIT - Full bottle worthy or just "ho-hum"....Im on the fence with having this...

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Rule #1 in online shopping:

1) do not buy Chanel or Creed fragrances on eBay, most of them are fakes.
    ok....found a bottle of GIT for 100 bucks....seemed legit AND great feedback scores (100%).....Thought I would try to save a little money since its a good scent to have in my collection but not worth 300 bucks....

Basenotes Plus

A permanent fixture in my wardrobe and FBW without any shadow of a doubt. Extremely versatile and generally well received workhorse.

Ebay is a minefield - personally, I wouldn't go there. If you like it enough, pay full retail and have the associated peace of mind. If there are any lingering doubts don't bother - if a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 8th June 2014 at 06:37 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: GIT - Full bottle worthy or just "ho-hum"....Im on the fence with having this...

ok....found a bottle of GIT for 100 bucks....seemed legit AND great feedback scores (100%).....Thought I would try to save a little money since its a good scent to have in my collection but not worth 300 bucks....
    Hope it works out for you, but really... considering what the wholesale price on GIT is, I'd be surprised if this one was legitimate (unless it's used, partial bottle). Hint: wholesale price on GIT is more than $100.

This guy thinks GIT is bottle worthy......surely the rest of humanity will follow!

Basenotes Plus

Hello? Of course, just do it! Classic, and a cool black ceramic bottle too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    This guy thinks GIT is bottle worthy......surely the rest of humanity will follow!

bwaaaaaaaaah.....

Seriously, though, Jack....What do YOU think about GIT? We have pretty similar tastes...

It's a ten out of ten classic in my book when you get a good bottle. The most lush violet note I have experienced in a fragrance.

It should be very easy to get a sample or try it out in a store before handing over the big bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    It's a ten out of ten classic in my book when you get a good bottle. The most lush violet note I have experienced in a fragrance.

It should be very easy to get a sample or try it out in a store before handing over the big bucks.
    I'll take that as a "yes" that you DO have a 4 oz bottle....Im going to go big or go home on this one....Its going to be a nice one for the Summer heat down here in Florida....and as everybody knows (and kids me about), I love compliments and this one seems to get the compliments

Chuck W mentioned Beautyencounter.com for a legit bottle...Where can I get the best possible price without the worry of fakes? And probably should get the 4.0 oz bottle....like I mentioned above...I will smell it again at Neiman's tomorrow and then shoot home and order it online to save some money....

Let me know....

I do think Chez Bond is very nice smelling and very much "GIT"-like (maybe even better in the opening), but the dry down is not comparable. GIT does seem to have the great dry down that is hard to equal. I like Hamptons over Silver Mountain Water, but for the "GIT" smell, I'd go with Creed....IF you choose to buy it.

I'm always partial to Fragrancenet. You can almost always find a 21% discount code, and coupled with the additional 6% cash back if you buy it from Fragrancenet through eBates, it makes the prices hard to beat.

The only thing I've noticed (and seen others mention) about GIT is that it does seem to smell best after it has been sprayed and oxygen has been introduced to the bottle. I definitely noticed it with my bottle, and I think this explains why the testers at Neiman's always seem to have the fuller fragrance than a brand new bottle of GIT has when sprayed for the first time. I know a lot of people don't believe in fragrances getting better with time, but I do. Olivier Creed has mentioned it, and I can't think of any benefit for him to say such a thing unless he thought it was so. Our own Chris Bartlett has also mentioned that certain ingredients get better with age.....one being Mysore sandalwood....(which GIT has).
    Last edited by RedRaider430; 8th June 2014 at 08:42 PM.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...emons-Batucada

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post

The only thing I've noticed (and seen others mention) about GIT is that it does seem to smell best after it has been sprayed and oxygen has been introduced to the bottle. I definitely noticed it with my bottle, and I think this explains why the testers at Neiman's always seem to have the fuller fragrance than a brand new bottle of GIT has when sprayed for the first time. I know a lot of people don't believe in fragrances getting better with time, but I do. Olivier Creed has mentioned it, and he has no reason to say such a thing if he thought it wasn't true. Our own Chris Bartlett has also mentioned that certain ingredients get better with age.....one being Mysore sandalwood....(which GIT has).
    I can vouch for this. If you get a brand new bottle that hasn't been sprayed, sometimes you can't judge how GIT will smell from the first spray. Sad, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    I can vouch for this. If you get a brand new bottle that hasn't been sprayed, sometimes you can't judge how GIT will smell from the first spray. Sad, but true.
    Interesting guys....I had heard this before but never knew if it was true or not...

If you are going to buy from eBay, make sure they have actual pics and not stock pics (unless it's the account of a big e-tailer/power seller). Then, make sure the actual pics don't have ridiculous errors on the front like 'Green Frish Tweed' or 'Yreen Irish Tweed', or the picture sleeve outside the box, or cellophane. $100 sounds too good to be true.

For example, here's one for $121.51 that is 100% legit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Irish-...-/271493769603

and here's one for $100 that is 100% fake (if this is the one you were gonna order, I just saved you $100 ):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Creed-Green-...-/131206274292

one more fake with the cellophane/cheap embossing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREED-Green-...-/171350518656
    Last edited by mjones602; 8th June 2014 at 08:55 PM.

If you are going to buy from eBay, make sure they have actual pics and not stock pics (unless it's the account of a big e-tailer/power seller). Then, make sure the actual pics don't have ridiculous errors on the front like 'Green Frish Tweed' or 'Yreen Irish Tweed', or the picture sleeve outside the box, or cellophane. $100 sounds too good to be true.

For example, here's one for $121.51 that is 100% legit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Irish-...-/271493769603

and here's one for $100 that is 100% fake (if this is the one you were gonna order, I just saved you $100 ):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Creed-Green-...-/131206274292

one more fake with the cellophane/cheap embossing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREED-Green-...-/171350518656
    lol....that last link you posted for 100 bucks was the one I was looking at...Thank GOD for Basenotes....Sheesh...I was tempted to pull the trigger....

What he said

Like It, don't Love It. That's how I pigeon holed it. If you are on the fence, you did too.

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Rule #1 in online shopping:

1) do not buy Chanel or Creed fragrances on eBay, most of them are fakes.
    Couldn't be further from the truth.

GIT not my thang! But have to admit that it is a FBW and worth to have in a well rounded collection.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

GIT is #1 in my collection. This is the one cologne I think about buying a backup of. I have a sample of Chez Bond, and it has nothing, and I mean nothing on GIT.
    Top 10:
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Creed Himalaya
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Royal Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    Tom Ford Italian Cypress
    Bleu de Chanel
    Serge Lutens Chergui
    Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense

Basenotes Plus

Chuck W mentioned Beautyencounter.com for a legit bottle...Where can I get the best possible price without the worry of fakes? And probably should get the 4.0 oz bottle....like I mentioned above...I will smell it again at Neiman's tomorrow and then shoot home and order it online to save some money....
    Beautyencounter.com are a viable option. You will have no issues with authenticity and their prices are generally very good.

lilydirect has the best price I've seen, $107 for a 4oz tester. The site is 100% legit.

Not full bottle worthy in my eyes, doesn't last long enough on my skin and that simply isn't good enough when you're paying three figures for a smell.