Code of Conduct

Default Lag time with site updating upon reloading browser

Has anyone else noticed that at times during the day upon reloading your browser (I happen to use Firefox) that sometimes 30 minutes will pass until the Main Forums page updates or the individual forum pages update. I remember this happening with this system before we went to Huddler where it never happened and now that we're back to the current system it seems to be happening again. Is it just the way the software works? The who's on line page never seems to lag updating. Just curious.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Lag time with site updating upon reloading browser

When you say 'updating' do you mean new threads appearing, or the numbers updating (like thread/reply counts)

I notice this with numbers updating to threads i.e. The amount of views to a thread won't update but comments will.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    When you say 'updating' do you mean new threads appearing, or the numbers updating (like thread/reply counts)
    The threads themselves within a forum sometimes don't update within a 30 minute period even when reloading.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.