Code of Conduct

Default Spraying on clothes?

After some research looks like spraying in warm areas, such as the wrists, inside elbows, neck, possibly behind the ears are great spots....but whats your opinions on spraying on clothes? If so where?

Cheers, this forums been great.

Default Re: Spraying on clothes?

I do it all the times except Oud by Roja dove it's good way to prolong a weak scent or to enjoy to a higher extend.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Where do you recommend to spray clothes wise, inside or outside your clothes material? what's the general consensus?
    Last edited by mayweather15; 8th June 2014 at 02:57 AM.

Personally never spray on my clothes. I get the longevity, projection and sillage I need spraying on my skin.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I spray on my clothes all the time....It might be anecdotal, but I think it prolongs the life of the scent by sometimes a few more hours....I spray it on my white-crew neck undershirts usually around the collar area....I also spray a couple of blasts to the back of my head because hair is porous and will absorb the scent and lock it in there longer....
    Last edited by FSU92grad; 8th June 2014 at 05:20 AM.
    CURRENT TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    1.) Helmut Lang Cuiron (Vintage)
    2.) Tiffany for men (Vintage)
    3.) Bel Ami Vetiver
    4.) New York Intense
    5.) Nicolai Carre d'as
    6.) Cartier Declaration Essence
    7.) Frederick Malle's VE/Sycomore
    8.) Houbigant Fougere Royale
    9.) L'Homme Sage
    10.) Bond no. 9 Scent of Peace

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Personally never spray on my clothes. I get the longevity, projection and sillage I need spraying on my skin.
    +1... When I spray on the back of my neck, some fragrance hits my shirt... I sometimes spray my chest put on my t-shirt and then my top shirt... Never on my clothes in a direct way... Always on my skin!!! The longevity and projection I need happens on my skin!!!

I also spray under my shirt, so I'm sure some of it gets on my shirt. That's about it.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Priv - Oud Royal
    8. Brckner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

I usually do 2 on my chest and then 3 on my shirt, I don't feel like I get good longevity ever.

With Aventus I do 1 body and 1 shirt.

If do spray on my clothes, I only spray on my shirt. The fragrance projects and lasts just enough, plus elaborate dry cleaning is rarely needed to remove the fragrance after wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I also spray under my shirt, so I'm sure some of it gets on my shirt. That's about it.
    This. While I do agree that fragrance on fabric increases longevity, I don't spray directly on clothes. My shirt picks up fragrance if I put it on shortly after application. I often can still smell it the next day before shirt gets washed. This happened recently with Pierre Cardin. Undershirt was sitting on my dresser overnight. The next morning my wife said she was getting whiffs of something all night long, and the shirt was on the other side of the room.

Basenotes Plus

I never spray directly on clothes but I do spray my chest so the fragrance inevitably winds up on my clothes. Annoying as some fragrances remain for days.
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal Oud
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Oud Wood
    Tom Ford Patchouli Absolu
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais
    Aqua di Parma Colonia Leather

Only for summer scents. Dark & Heavy fragrances like Chergui & Tobacco Vanille will stain & stick to your clothes for a week.

Never spray on my clothing. Using one spray to the chest is optimal for any fragrance.
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

I always spray on my clothes in addition to my skin. The scents go away after i wash them or after a couple of days for the items i don't wash immediately. I def helps with longevity and projection.

When spraying on clothes, I usually spray on collar of shirt. I get pretty good projection.

I usually take one to the chest of my outer shirt for increased longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    I spray on my clothes all the time....It might be anecdotal, but I think it prolongs the life of the scent by sometimes a few more hours....I spray it on my white-crew neck undershirts usually around the collar area....I also spray a couple of blasts to the back of my head because hair is porous and will absorb the scent and lock it in there longer....
    This as it applies to light scents. I do not spray Musc Ravaguer to my shirt for example, but will spray Millesime Imperial or L'humaniste to the front of my shirt (on the outside) and/or back of the head.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

I have found that some light fragrances can absolutely benefit from being sprayed on clothing (typically the shirt). Eau de Colognes are a good example. Obviously, for stronger EdT's and EdP's, there is no need.

EdC's are not supposed to last, but spritzing a couple of sprays on your shirt can make a big difference in longevity. Chanel Exclusifs Eau de Cologne is an example of this.
    Last edited by RedRaider430; 8th June 2014 at 06:43 PM.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, L'Occitane The Vert, Numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...-Vert-*SAMPLES

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Himalaya, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, L'Occitane The Vert, Numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

I do it as a routine with not-so-long-lasting citrus scents.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Blog Entries

Like a lot of others, it's a sliding scale for me. If I spray heavy scents on clothing, it's either as a very fine mist, on a place or fabric it won't show up, or both. I've gotten to the point that my strategy for any scent is unique, in terms of how much on clothes and where or how.

Anybody out there using handkerchiefs or pocket squares? I'm thinking about trying that.

I don't routinely spray my clothes, although the other day I did spray each of my shoulders once. However that was the first time in a long time. I wear something different every day so spray my skin instead.
    If I was to spray my clothes I would go for the sleeves, shoulders and chest area. If wearing a t-shirt then armpits too.
    What I'd like to try

Prices Rreduced!UK Only:Kilian B2B, Incense Oud, Pure Oud/MFK Pluriel/Ensar Oud/AgarAura Oud

My UK Swapsies!

Need some Roja help: Need a Roja cap, any one (gave away my Fetish cap)
    Also my Harrods Oud bottle needs a cap
    Muchas gracias

The only perfume I spray on clothing is Nasomatto Absinth. It's such a damn amazing smell, but doesn't last for squat. Projection sucks too.

I almost always put at least one spray on my clothes, usually on my chest or stomach area if I want to keep it further from my nose to avoid olfactory fatigue. Although I did get a tip from someone here on a thread not long ago to spray right under your armpits of your shirt, and this seemed to work very good

Many so spray on clothes. But be aware some scents, mostly higher end scents, will stain fabric.

Dirty English carries a warning to not spray on fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Many so spray on clothes. But be aware some scents, mostly higher end scents, will stain fabric.

Dirty English carries a warning to not spray on fabric.
    Not really higher end but more so it's how darker the juice is.

Dirty English is very dark colored.

Basenotes Junkie

I always spray on clothes. Chest of my shirt, 2-4 sprays, plus spethings 1-2 down the inside of my shirt.

Rick

More than half the time I wear perfume, I spray only on clothes, just to minimize how much chemicals I'm putting on my skin and how often (just personal choice). When I do spray on my skin, sometimes I spray it with my shirt already on -- so the sprays to each side of my neck will get my shirt collar and shoulders, and I might walk through the mist to get my chest fabric. For me, there's been absolutely no downside -- the perfume still smells great, longevity is improved, and I've never gotten a stain -- although I usually wear dark colors even in summer. Once in a while, I like the scent to progress perfectly, and those are the only times I spray on skin only (when you mix, the scent on your skin definitely progresses much faster than the scent on your clothes)

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post

Anybody out there using handkerchiefs or pocket squares? I'm thinking about trying that.
    Closest I've come to this is spraying a business card and putting it in the front pocket of a suit or sport coat. I don't believe it worked too well so I haven't done it again. Fabric should hold fragrance better than cardboard so I'm guessing you'll have better luck with a handkerchief or pocket square.

I do occasionally, but that's only because I have trouble smelling almost everything I own. It's perplexing. It's why I occasionally consider selling everything I own. I've asked for suggestions on here, but none seem to pan out for me. I don't smoke either, so I'm not sure what the deal is. I rarely spray more than 4 sprays of anything, so I don't think it's olfactory fatigue...I think I'm going to just start spraying my chest only. Lately, all I can smell is Opus VI.

Dependent

Royal Water is the only one I spray on clothes. It smells better than on skin. Other than that, no.
    Seasonal rotation:

Original Santal
    Apple Brandy
    Tuscan Leather
    Silver Mountain Water
    Lyric Man

Never on my clothes. if I'm applying fully dressed I try to take xtra care of not hitting clothing. I know it is commonly done, but to me it seems strange.

-Mark
    Using Tapatalk

I rarely spray on clothes but whenever i do, its always on my vest.