Code of Conduct

Default Can't quite wrap my nose around Pure Coffee

I really don't get a sense of coffee from it. The best way I can describe it to my nose is if Pure Coffee was the first release and not a flanker, the original A-Men would be called Pure Coffee Intense.

Default Re: Can't quite wrap my nose around Pure Coffee

Interesting. Although the accord might not be as prominent as in other coffee scents I've tried, I still get the coffee.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Interesting. Although the accord might not be as prominent as in other coffee scents I've tried, I still get the coffee.
    Me too. My favourite of the A*men line. One of my favourites full stop, infact!
    Last edited by Davem81; 8th June 2014 at 04:15 PM.

I dislike most of the A*Men range, but Pure Coffee is one of the few fragrances that induced my gag reflex.

I get a cat piss smell from what TM calls a coffee note. I also get it in TOF which was a shame because I really liked it.

Sent from Richard's Ipad
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche (Lemon)

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

I like the Amen series, but found Pure Coffee to be awful. I don't get any decent coffee notes from it, and it smells like a musty, stale bakery to me. I was lucky enough to get a few bottles during the limited release a few years back, but sold them off once i actually sampled it.

Maybe the worst A*Men flanker after Pure Shot although none of them are terrible. Imo Pure Malt & Pure Havane are the best offerings
    ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧UK Sale Thread: Niche & Designer bottles for sale UK✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Current Top Favorites:
    1) DAVIDOFF Silver Shadow Private Blend
    2) BOND No.9 New York Oud
    3) LUBIN Idole de Lubin (eau de parfum)
    4) MONT BLANC Legend Intense
    5) CHARRIOL Eau de Parfum pour Homme
    6) YSL L'Homme Parfum Intense
    7) DIOR La Collection Privée - Ambre Nuit
    8) SCENTSTORY 24 Gold
    9) HERMES Voyage d'Hermès Parfum
    10) LATTAFA Ameer Al Oudh

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ UK Niche, Rare & Designer Complete Decant List UK ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ Facebook Decant List ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

My favorite flanker and no doubt get the coffee, but there seems to be a lot of variation on this; MUCH better and more wearable than the original IMO.

Honestly I think some of the hate for this fragrance comes from economics. People that paid $200-$300 on ebay (not myself) and then wondered why it doesn't have Tonka Imperiale quality to it. For what it originally was, an $80 designer flanker, it's a great fragrance. But it's not necessary worth hundreds of dollars and people get mad when they decide to pay it.

It's like if they decided to discontinue Dior Homme Sport which people call a nice, fresh, ginger/citrus/iris fragrance. Then people buy it for $300 on ebay with "discontinued hype" and now all a sudden the nice, fresh fragrance is "boring" "not worth the money" "not high enough quality" etc.

TM should just bring it back since they brought back the others...Anyway, all IMHO.
    Last edited by Jridgen; 8th June 2014 at 05:57 PM.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

I think of it as a wearable A*men. As for the coffee note in it, sometimes it litterally lasts only 15 mins if that on my skin. Its pretty spotty at best. And that being said whatever the case even when its there it doesnt make me think of coffee. Its just what ive come to accept as what "coffee" is when its listed in fragrances. If that makes sense. I still wish dunkin donuts or starbucks would come out with a fragrance... still waiting for that day.

I acquired it in a swap and ultimately swapped it away not too long after. It was nice but I can see why they didn't bring it back. PH, PM, and Amen were all significantly better IMO.
    Current faves (Subject to change at a moments notice!!):
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    SHL 777 Khol de Bahrein
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Dior Cuir Cannage
    Acqua di Parma Leather

Someone on Facebook mentioned that Pure Coffee will be available at the end of June, on the Mugler UK website. Not sure how credible that is, but will be awesome if it actually happens.

Quote Originally Posted by seekritdude View Post
    I think of it as a wearable A*men. As for the coffee note in it, sometimes it litterally lasts only 15 mins if that on my skin. Its pretty spotty at best. And that being said whatever the case even when its there it doesnt make me think of coffee. Its just what ive come to accept as what "coffee" is when its listed in fragrances. If that makes sense. I still wish dunkin donuts or starbucks would come out with a fragrance... still waiting for that day.
    I agree with all of this.