Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Anyone try out Lomani Intense Black?

So, I have been seeing on a few Facebook groups and a few Youtube videos that this little cheapy has been getting a lot of praise and some comparisons to Royal Oud. The price is certainly right at $20 for 100mL. I know there was a whole fuss made about AB Silver (I think), and I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with their most recent fragrance. It definitely looks appealing in the note breakdown!
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Default Re: Anyone try out Lomani Intense Black?

I own Black Intense. Have had it for a while. It's very nice for the price and on its own merits. Personally don't get much similarity with Royal Oud
    Last edited by hednic; 11th June 2014 at 08:23 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

So I just got my bottle in today, and at first spray my immediate reaction is "Yep, that's Royal Oud," It's definitely not exactly the same, but it is definitely heavily inspired by it. It's great stuff and I could see this being a substitute for someone on a tight budget, or like me, wants something like Royal Oud to wear more casually. I mean, at $14 for 100mL you can't really go wrong.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    So I just got my bottle in today, and at first spray my immediate reaction is "Yep, that's Royal Oud," It's definitely not exactly the same, but it is definitely heavily inspired by it. It's great stuff and I could see this being a substitute for someone on a tight budget, or like me, wants something like Royal Oud to wear more casually. I mean, at $14 for 100mL you can't really go wrong.
    Having bought their Silver Spirit I'm not surprised it's good. Now....just need to find some in the UK!

Quote Originally Posted by tefg View Post
    Having bought their Silver Spirit I'm not surprised it's good. Now....just need to find some in the UK!
    I got mine from the scented monkey, and I think they ship to the UK. Just look around. I saw someone mentioning that they found it for 11 quid on fragrantica.

Is Silver Spirit worth getting?

Ok, you sold me. I just ordered a bottle of Lomani Intense! Never heard of it until today, but for that price... it would make a nice paperweight for my office.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Ok, you sold me. I just ordered a bottle of Lomani Intense! Never heard of it until today, but for that price... it would make a nice paperweight for my office.
    It's good stuff. I know your tastes and I think you will like it. The more it is on my skin the more I keep legitimately forgetting I'm not wearing Royal Oud. I'm not saying it is as good, but it is a close one and I enjoy it on its own merits. It is maybe just a sad sweeter to my nose, but it isn't overwhelming.

And yeah, at $14 I was willing to gamble.

It's good stuff. I know your tastes and I think you will like it. The more it is on my skin the more I keep legitimately forgetting I'm not wearing Royal Oud. I'm not saying it is as good, but it is a close one and I enjoy it on its own merits. It is maybe just a sad sweeter to my nose, but it isn't overwhelming.

And yeah, at $14 I was willing to gamble.
    Sure looking forward to it - even if it's just similar in style to RO, I am sure I will like it. Thanks for the heads up!
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    6. Puredistance - Black
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

I got mine from the scented monkey, and I think they ship to the UK. Just look around. I saw someone mentioning that they found it for 11 quid on fragrantica.

Is Silver Spirit worth getting?
    To my non expert nose it is very close to Aventus.

Ordered a bottle of this a few days ago and am looking forward to getting it! And yes, AB Silver is worth getting if you like Aventus

You guys twisted my arm again. Guess $15.00 is enough to curb my curiousty on this one. If it smells anything close to Royal Oud, it's worth a try. AB Silver was a good call, so what the hec?

Yep, ordered one as well. Got the Ab Spirit Silver too and i find it close to Aventus and also an extremely good release that is better than many fragrances that cost at least twice more. I need to overspray Silver a little (~8 sprays), so i bought a backup bottle as it works very well in office environment. What's next from Lomani? VIW clone, MI maybe ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
    Yep, ordered one as well. Got the Ab Spirit Silver too and i find it close to Aventus and also an extremely good release that is better than many fragrances that cost at least twice more. I need to overspray Silver a little (~8 sprays), so i bought a backup bottle as it works very well in office environment. What's next from Lomani? VIW clone, MI maybe ?
    Omg, I can only hope!!!!

I usually don't believe in the Creed clone hype but I just received a bottle of Intense Black. On my skin it's 90% Royal Oud. Intense Black is a small bit sweeter but lasts much longer on my skin than Royal Oud. One of the best budget buys I've had in a LONG time. Two thumbs up.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears."

ACJIGGA'S FAVORITES - Xerjoff Nio, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Millesime Imperial, Carolina Herrera Chic for Men, Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Yves Saint Laurent Opium Pour Homme EDP, Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud & Slumberhouse Jeke extrait

Quote Originally Posted by acjigga View Post
    I usually don't believe in the Creed clone hype but I just received a bottle of Intense Black. On my skin it's 90% Royal Oud. Intense Black is a small bit sweeter but lasts much longer on my skin than Royal Oud. One of the best budget buys I've had in a LONG time. Two thumbs up.
    Good to know.

Just received my bottle in. Just a quick spray on the back of my hand so far about 15 minutes ago. While it's not an exact replica of Creed Royal Oud, it is sure similar. Excellent scent. Certainly worth the money.

If I had to describe this one using other fragrances, I would say:
    80% Creed Royal Oud,
    10% Carbone de Balmain
    10% Dirty English.

edit...

after a few hours, I find the association with Royal Oud to be less and less, and an association with Carbone de Balmain to be stronger. It really takes on that pencil shaving scent during drydown.
    Last edited by dougczar; 13th June 2014 at 09:20 PM.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    6. Puredistance - Black
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Just received my bottle in. Just a quick spray on the back of my hand so far about 15 minutes ago. While it's not an exact replica of Creed Royal Oud, it is sure similar. Excellent scent. Certainly worth the money.

80% Creed Royal Oud,
    10% Carbone de Balmain
    10% Dirty English.

edit...

after a few hours, I find the association with Royal Oud to be less and less, and an association with Carbone de Balmain to be stronger. It really takes on that pencil shaving scent during drydown.
    Aw crap, I hate that pencil shaving smell:/

Alright, got my bottle of this and have worn it a few times. Have never tried Royal Oud, so can't compare. And even though this isn't normally my "style" of scent that I enjoy....I can say that it does smell good and is a quality scent like all Lomani products I've tried thus far. HOWEVER....unlike the other Lomani scents I have/tried, this one seems to be pretty weak in the area of both longevity and projection. I mean like after a couple hours max, it's dies down to a skin scent on me. Curious what kind of performance others are getting with this scent??? Because either I'm anosmic to this scent or it's pretty weak sauce.

I gave it a full wearing yesterday (previously I had just tried it on the back of my hand). I didn't quite get as much of the "pencil shavings" this time around, but I did get very good longevity. However, I didn't really spray any directly on my skin, but rather applied (somewhat heavily) to my tee shirt, which I was wearing under another shirt.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    6. Puredistance - Black
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

You guys should try Quorum Silver which is a cedar bomb that has a vanilla base. It's a fresher version of Royal Oud and it lasts and projects quite well. I would have never tried it based on the look of the bottle and the fact that it's a Quorum fragrance. Totally worth the $12 asking price.

80% Creed Royal Oud,
    10% Carbone de Balmain
    10% Dirty English.

edit...

wow i love dirty english and love CdB, and have never tried royal oud, though reading reviews and looking at notes I've been interested to try it for a while...maybe i should just grab a bottle of this for the hell of it

Quote Originally Posted by bonanz View Post
    wow i love dirty english and love CdB, and have never tried royal oud, though reading reviews and looking at notes I've been interested to try it for a while...maybe i should just grab a bottle of this for the hell of it
    Yeah, it's so cheap...there really isn't any reason not to, especially if you enjoy woody drydowns....for $14 shipped to me, I couldn't NOT try it!lol

I gave it a full wearing yesterday (previously I had just tried it on the back of my hand). I didn't quite get as much of the "pencil shavings" this time around, but I did get very good longevity. However, I didn't really spray any directly on my skin, but rather applied (somewhat heavily) to my tee shirt, which I was wearing under another shirt.
    Thankfully, I don't get super strong "pencils shavings" on me with this one either. Thanks for chiming in Doug, I'll try it on clothes next with a heavy hand. Maybe 5-6 sprays will give me the longevity and sillage I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I own Black Intense. Have had it for a while. It's very nice for the price and on its own merits. Personally don't get much similarity with Royal Oud
    Surprised you don't find any similarity. It's very similar to me. At least 70-80% similar. Got a spray of Lomani on my left arm and Royal Oud on the right. I'm very impressed. Not a direct clone but very, very close.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Surprised you don't find any similarity. It's very similar to me. At least 70-80% similar. Got a spray of Lomani on my left arm and Royal Oud on the right. I'm very impressed. Not a direct clone but very, very close.
    Where did you find it in the UK?

Where did you find it in the UK?
    eBay. Someone was selling a used bottle (although it was still 99% full). Got it for 17.50. Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    eBay. Someone was selling a used bottle (although it was still 99% full). Got it for 17.50. Not bad.
    Nice.

I'm on the lookout for it after being impressed by Silver Spirit but havent spotted any in the UK yet, other than ones with hefty overseas postage costs.

Sampled this morning. Greatest cheapie I tried in quite a while. I get the Royal Oud vibe with Intense Black.
    Light spices and woods make this a spectacular fragrance for the price. Nice blind buy.

Received mine today and to me it really does resemble Royal Oud. Will give it a full wear this week and report back.

Bought one today after reading all the positive reviews. If Lomani keeps this up with the Creed clones it's going to make a lot of people happy this year.

I also purchased this one today blindly, off Ebay for about 14 bucks shipped. I've had my eye on this one even before the small hype about it, as I am in the market for an inexpensive fragrance with oud in it. I have tried quite a few from the Lomani line, but none have really been worthy except for Ignition. Hopefully this one will be good though.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Nice.

I'm on the lookout for it after being impressed by Silver Spirit but havent spotted any in the UK yet, other than ones with hefty overseas postage costs.
    One of the reviews on fragrantica states that there's a UK retailer selling it for 11 but I can't seem to track it down. I've emailed beautybase to see if they can get it in as they already sell a few of their range.

Nice.

Had Silver Spiit and sold it. Beautybase sell it for 15

http://www.beautybase.com/mens-c3/me...l-spray-p29822

Quote Originally Posted by 61824 View Post
    One of the reviews on fragrantica states that there's a UK retailer selling it for 11 but I can't seem to track it down. I've emailed beautybase to see if they can get it in as they already sell a few of their range.

Allbeauty stock Lomani as well, but no IB at the minute.

Allbeauty stock Lomani as well, but no IB at the minute.
    I just got an email back from them and they are expecting stock soon. Will update once they've let me know its available.

Basenotes Plus

Just curious why these scents are so cheap? Are they made in France?

Quote Originally Posted by 61824 View Post
    I just got an email back from them and they are expecting stock soon. Will update once they've let me know its available.
    I'll post if I spot it anywhere else in the Uk.

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    Just curious why these scents are so cheap? Are they made in France?
    Yes, they are made in France....and I honestly can't answer as to why Lomani(and also Jeanne Arthes)
    are so cheap?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Yes, they are made in France....and I honestly can't answer as to why Lomani(and also Jeanne Arthes)
    are so cheap?
    Thanks bigbz!

are so cheap?
    They're mass-market scents and can be found in drugstores and some supermarkets (sundry section) throughout France. Also they have very large worldwide distribution at very low cost. Other French houses with similar distribution are Remy Latour, Ulric De Varens, Daniel Hechter, Cofinluxe, Laurence Dumont, Succes de Paris, and Paris Bleu to name a few. Also speaking about Jeanne Arthes and Lomani, a wide selection can be found in the NYC wholesale fragrance district for $10 or less/100ml - net (cash purchase)
    Last edited by hednic; 25th June 2014 at 09:22 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for the info, Hednic!

Yes, thanks hednic! I've heard of Remy Latour and to a lesser degree Daniel Hechter....will have to check out some of their offerings.

This one came in the mail on Sat, didn't even get the mail, just got it this morning. Initial thoughts.. ehh.. nothing special, kind of harsh. Reminds me of Dunhill Desire more than anything, but with an added bubblegum vibe. I haven't tried the Creed this one gets compared to, but I can't imagine it smells like this, based on the reviews.

This reminds me of several fragrances. Polo Red, Spicebomb, Dunhill Desire, Ed Hardy Born Wild, Diesel Plus Plus, and Escada Magenetism. There's a really sharp strong pepper note in the opening. So far not getting any oud that I was expecting..

Been on my skin for about 15 minutes now.. and it's drying down to a more subtle version from the opening, but without the pepper.. and more of a smooth lavender vibe. I really don't see what's so special about this. The opening is weird, I'm not at all intrigued... Guess I'll be stuck with this bottle.

My thoughts may change, but as it stands now.. I don't care for it.

Looking forward to hearing from Richard, and others who have bought it recently, to see if they feel the way I do.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    This one came in the mail on Sat, didn't even get the mail, just got it this morning. Initial thoughts.. ehh.. nothing special, kind of harsh. Reminds me of Dunhill Desire more than anything, but with an added bubblegum vibe. I haven't tried the Creed this one gets compared to, but I can't imagine it smells like this, based on the reviews.

This reminds me of several fragrances. Polo Red, Spicebomb, Dunhill Desire, Ed Hardy Born Wild, Diesel Plus Plus, and Escada Magenetism. There's a really sharp strong pepper note in the opening. So far not getting any oud that I was expecting..

Been on my skin for about 15 minutes now.. and it's drying down to a more subtle version from the opening, but without the pepper.. and more of a smooth lavender vibe. I really don't see what's so special about this. The opening is weird, I'm not at all intrigued... Guess I'll be stuck with this bottle.

Looking forward to hearing from Richard, and others who have bought it recently, to see if they feel the way I do.
    That's interesting, as most of what you describe here is nothing like what I get from this fragrance. I don't get lavendar really at all, nor bubblegum in any facet. On me it is mostly dark yet slightly fresh woods with lots of pepper.

So do i, i get mainly a semi-sweet and quite fresh cedar + pepper.

I just got back in town and this was sitting in my mailbox. Opened it up sprayed it once and immediately got the Royal Oud comparison. I would say this is actually better because I like the sweeter elements which also reminds me of Halston Amber Man. Hey Cologneist! Yeah, I can see the spicebomb type comparison. Take a whiff of this and compare it with Halston Amber Man or buy Quorum Silver. This is probably one that's better for the fall. I'd give it a few wearings and see if your thoughts change. This is very close to Royal Oud. I think this one is fantastic and the price is just awesome for what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post

First time I tested this I was like, "I should have know, this isn't my style at all!" But I've worn it a couple times now and I don't hate it or anything....like you, I'm just kind of "meh, it smells fine but doubt I'll wear it much" about it. But I'm curious to see what kind of longevity you get, because to me this stuff fades SUPER FAST and is a skin scent within 1-2hrs....which is the biggest knock on this one to me.

I find myself comparing this to another woody blind buy I recently got as well, Ferrari Silver Essence. Only when I smell them side by side, IB helps me appreciate just how much of a better all around scent the Ferrari is IMO. I used to feel like the Ferrari was kind of "meh" also.....but now I think it's a real winner and a terrific/unique scent for the $'s it can be found at!

First time I tested this I was like, "I should have know, this isn't my style at all!" But I've worn it a couple times now and I don't hate it or anything....like you, I'm just kind of "meh, it smells fine but doubt I'll wear it much" about it. But I'm curious to see what kind of longevity you get, because to me this stuff fades SUPER FAST and is a skin scent within 1-2hrs....which is the biggest knock on this one to me.

I find myself comparing this to another woody blind buy I recently got as well, Ferrari Silver Essence. Only when I smell them side by side, IB helps me appreciate just how much of a better all around scent the Ferrari is IMO. I used to feel like the Ferrari was kind of "meh" also.....but now I think it's a real winner and a terrific/unique scent for the $'s it can be found at!
    I'm with you on the longevity. On my skin this one dies down very quickly, which for me is really the only drawback. That being said I enjoy those few hours a lot so I don't mind reapplying something this inexpensive.

I traded away my bottle of Silver Essence last week. To my nose it smelled just like those root beer hard candies.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I traded away my bottle of Silver Essence last week. To my nose it smelled just like those root beer hard candies.
    Yeah Rich, I had my bottle in my sales thread also for quite awhile, but glad it didn't sell. I ended up pulling it because I kept going back to it and thinking "yeah...that's different and nice"....still don't know that I'll wear it much, but for the time being it's definitely a keeper for me

That sucks you guys are disappointed with the Silver Essence, I know myself, Rich, and Big all got ours around the same time, I still think it's a winner, I just don't reach for it much.

As far as the Lomani goes..Rich.. I couldn't get a trace of oud out of it, which is something I find quite prominent in Amber Man. Amber Man has this nutty/oud quality. I'll have to wear the Lomani some more before writing it off.. but I am not very impressed with it. Some of your guys' enthusiasm makes me wanna like it as much, but I just don't see it.

On another note. I did come across another cheapy today by Bill Blass called Mr. Blass. This is a great knockoff to Escada pH, and it's quite cheap as well. A little less boozy.. and somewhat similar to Obsession, or PS Fine Cologne, without all that cinnamon/spice jazz. Love the bottle too, and the 1.3 oz size, not too big or small with a huge wardrobe like mine. Bottle is classy and elegant.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Yeah, I ran into that same issue with Silver Essence. I really like the birch and coconut, but there's something about coconut based fragrances that don't agree with me after I wear them a bit. I'm pretty surprised you didn't like Intense black, but it's really woody which can be a bit too much for some. I've been preaching Quorum Silver to anyone that'll listen, but I actually think it's better than both Royal Oud and Intense Black. It out projects both and last a long time.

The Quorum Silver sounds nice and all, but I just don't see myself wearing anything remotely close to this.. it really reminds me too much of Plus Plus by Diesel more than anything now the more that I have tried it. Not that Plus Plus is a bad fragrance.. I also own this.. it's just kind of awkward.. one of my least worn, hard to find the time and place for it. Intense Black is literally like an intense version of it, incorporating pepper and woods, maybe incense too. I can't believe nobody gets the comparison with the two.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

I just get a strong smokey wood and pepper accord with IB, then a ever so slightly sweet note that barely pokes it's head out after the drydown.....nothing like the sweet creamy/citrus and green notes I get from Plus-Plus which reminds me heavily of Sun Java and to a slightly lesser extent Nikos Sculpture.

Okay so I rolled the dice so to speak and ordered a bottle of this cheap stuff for 16 bucks. It's supposed to be a dead ringer for Creed's Royal Oud. I love Royal Oud and have a decant of it so I know what it smells like. I can tell you this. That while it does bear a remarkable resemblance to Royal Oud, it in no way is near the quality or smoothness of Creed. In fact it's downright sharp and piercing. Now more than ever I want to buy a bottle of Creed's Royal Oud. I can smell the oud in RO and there is nothing even close to this in Lomani's Intense Black. I didn't expect much to begin with but thought it might be wearable. This stuff smells very synthetic, loud and cheap. Good thing I only dropped under twenty dollars. This stuff is going in my to throw away bin for sure. Going to the scrubbing sink right now... Uggh!

Thought I would give this a bump since the Lomani AB Silver thread is active again.

Quote Originally Posted by BottleJunky View Post
    Okay so I rolled the dice so to speak and ordered a bottle of this cheap stuff for 16 bucks. It's supposed to be a dead ringer for Creed's Royal Oud. I love Royal Oud and have a decant of it so I know what it smells like. I can tell you this. That while it does bear a remarkable resemblance to Royal Oud, it in no way is near the quality or smoothness of Creed. In fact it's downright sharp and piercing. Now more than ever I want to buy a bottle of Creed's Royal Oud. I can smell the oud in RO and there is nothing even close to this in Lomani's Intense Black. I didn't expect much to begin with but thought it might be wearable. This stuff smells very synthetic, loud and cheap. Good thing I only dropped under twenty dollars. This stuff is going in my to throw away bin for sure. Going to the scrubbing sink right now... Uggh!
    Well I'd take your bottle and give it to a friend of mine if you are just gonna toss it!

I actually wore this one again a few days ago and I found that by applying 7-8 sprays I got good longevity, around 8 hours!

I have over 15 bottles of Royal Oud. First impression of Intense Black is very good.
    Don't know about longevity yet. Only major difference I notice right now is Intense Black is missing the oomph.
    So while similar, it's not replacing Royal Oud from my collection. Not to mention the price difference. Not a bad blind buy if you like scents like Spice Bomb, HiM, or Royal Oud.
    Thanks everyone.

15 bottles of royal oud? that must make you world's leading expert on this fragrance.
    anyway, great endorsement when you consider your expertise

all beauty.com (used to be cheapsmells) often have this one.
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Polo Crest
    2) Chypre Palatin
    3) 34 Boulevard Saint Germain
    4) One Man Show Gold Edition
    5) Kouros (Vintage)
    6) Mamluk
    7) Tobacco Vanille
    8) Interlude Man
    9) More than Words
    10) Ungaro II (Vintage)