Code of Conduct

Default I'd like to have a collection that aims to cover the whole fragrance wheell! Suggestions?

Or perhaps just diversify my wardrobe as best as I can. This isn't just for the sake of collecting, but rather something for every olfactory occasion. Does not matter if it's masculine or feminine.

Currently looking to get Beyond Love, as I don't have any white florals.

Kiel's Musk seems like a good sample. I've tried MKK and I enjoyed it, but it's definitely a personal scent that's offensive to everyone else.

Vintage Rive Gauche as well.

Default Re: I'd like to have a collection that aims to cover the whole fragrance wheell! Suggestions?

Un Parfum D'Ailleurs et Feuilles by The Different Company is a good white floral.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: I'd like to have a collection that aims to cover the whole fragrance wheell! Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Un Parfum D'Ailleurs et Feuilles by The Different Company is a good white floral.
    I'm good in terms of white florals with Beyond Love(purchase is guaranteed), I don't want too much overlap in my wardrobe

...do as Hednic, and buy everything...!

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Scent View Post
    I'm good in terms of white florals with Beyond Love(purchase is guaranteed), I don't want too much overlap in my wardrobe
    How about an incense? Full incense, Bois D'Encens, Avignon or Franck Boclet Incense.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

For reference fruity chypres I'm partial to Guerlain Mitsouko edp; it's more chypre than fruity on my skin.

There is so many unique and different scents that it's quite hard to "cover the whole fragrance wheel", even if they are included in the same broad family.

For example, Beyond Love and Un parfum d'ailleurs have nothing in common, starting with quality, as Kilian is the triumph of cheapness - so you're not really "good" with white florals (and that would happen for many other "not-interested-I-already-have-1-one-of-those", which basically translates into "you'll miss several good fragrances that way" ).
    My current top five:

Tiffany - Tiffany for Men (vtg)
    Yves Saint Laurent - M7 (vtg)
    Fendi - Theorema
    Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille
    Gucci - Gucci pour Homme

My sales thread | NICHE & VTG | Shiseido Basala, Boadicea Invigorating, SMN Tabacco Toscano, Signoricci, YSL M7 (AS), Gucci Envy for Men (AS), Ungaro II...

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    How about an incense? Full incense, Bois D'Encens, Avignon or Franck Boclet Incense.
    Bois sounds nice, will add to my sample list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    For reference fruity chypres I'm partial to Guerlain Mitsouko edp; it's more chypre than fruity on my skin.
    added to my sample list!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Maillard View Post
    There is so many unique and different scents that it's quite hard to "cover the whole fragrance wheel", even if they are included in the same broad family.

For example, Beyond Love and Un parfum d'ailleurs have nothing in common, starting with quality, as Kilian is the triumph of cheapness - so you're not really "good" with white florals (and that would happen for many other "not-interested-I-already-have-1-one-of-those", which basically translates into "you'll miss several good fragrances that way" ).
    I'd have to disagree, I really enjoyed BL and found it to be of great quality. Looked up Un parfum d'ailleurs and it may also be up my alley. You are right that I'd miss several good fragrances that way. I had tried Carnal Flower and it just wasn't for me, for a tuberose comparison

However, this is my current goal. I gravitate towards gourmands too much and I'm trying to get away from that and try new things for myself. I'd love to try out New Haarlem or Spiritueuse Double Vanille, but that's for the future, not now.

Maybe a good leather scent:

Guerlain Derby
    Armani Prive Cuir Noir
    TF Tuscan Leather
    Chanel Cuir de Russe
    John Varvatos - John Varvatos
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

Random suggestions off the top of my head:

Floral:
    Floral - covered
    Soft Floral - Chanel no 5
    Floral Oriental: Amouage Gold

Oriental:
    Soft Oriental: shalimar
    Oriental: Ormonde Jayne Tolu
    Woody Oriental: Patchouli intrigant

Woody
    Woods: Chanel Sycomore
    Mossy Woods (ie chypre): Mitsouko as said
    Dry Woods: (or leathers) Etat Libre d'Orange Rien

Aromatic:
    Citrus: Cologne Sologne
    Fruity: you have gourmands already
    Green: Private Collection
    Water: Le Labo Neroli

cacio

I'd recommend getting a nice oud, like Oud Royal by Armani or MFK Oud.
    Last edited by Jridgen; 10th June 2014 at 08:09 PM.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman