Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. — Monday, 9 June, 2014.

Good morning! Chanel Sycomore.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. — Monday, 9 June, 2014.

Victoria's secret Coconut passion body mist for me today!

It is sooo hot here today, even this early in the morning so I put this one in the fridge and spritzing it all over...nice and refreshing, smells good also!

Hi all - have a super day!

L'Air de Rien - Miller Harris.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Basenotes Plus

Morning everyone! I am wearing Absolue pour le Soir today, even though it is terribly hot here and this is more of a cold weather scent. But I need to decide whether to get a decant of this once my sample runs out. It's very sexy!

Happy Monday

((ExK)) thanks for the hug. I need one as I currently have a cold (booooo). I always get sick before I travel, it’s sort of an insurance policy to ensure I’m healthy during my holiday.

((ErinK)) take care, I hope you’re wearing sunscreen and I’ll be waiting for the update.

Kalli I should post a picture of the lemon vanilla cake and other goodies I baked for the baby shower. Citrus and vanilla works well together in food and fragrance.

I ended up wearing most of full cup of coffee today when someone ran into me while on talking on his mobile phone. He was very apologetic and to his credit he walked me to the nearest clothing store picked up the tab for a new shirt before taking my ruined shirt to the drycleaners. I have to say it was unexpected to experience such chivalry in this day and age. FYI the scent of coffee and Daim Blond do not work well together.

A bit of leather Serge style Daim Blond today and Cuir Mauresque tonight.
    Last edited by Xscent; 10th June 2014 at 02:32 AM.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone and thank you again for all the lovely birthday greetings and very kind words yesterday. xoxo

Xscent, how gratifying to hear of someone doing the right thing. That's a true gentleman.

SOTD is Givenchy Organza. Wish you all a good start to your week.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Morning all.
    Vernona - I am so in love with your country!
    We are spending early September in Trogir
    and hope the good weather lasts until then.
    You must let me know of any good perfume shops
    in the area.
    I am wearing Lolita Lempicka Morsure d'Amour on a
    day of sunshine and showers.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Blog Entries

Morning all,

lt's hotting up again here after a cloudy start, so l've pulled out Virgin lsland Water for the first time this year. Yay, more coconut!

Feel better soon, Xscent!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Corsica Furiosa by Parfums D'Empire

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. — Monday, 9 June, 2014.

PURE PERFUME
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Amouage Fate Man.

26139618-3537.jpg
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Good morning everyone Sotd is Kenzo Amour.

Lightning post for me this morning (but good heavens, Terry, Happy Belated Birthday! Hope it was wonderful and that you extend the celebration for weeks).

I'm wearing By Killian Cruel Intentions today. I get a powdery suede vibe from this similar to Daim Blond, but don't know whether I'm imagining things. There's no leather accord listed in there, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong! Violet and agarwood combo, most likely. :-)

Wishing eveyone a Marvelous Monday!

Cruel Intentions notes: Bergamot calabria oil, orange blossom oil, violet accord, centifolia rose absolute, agarwood, Indian papyrus oil, gaiacwood oil, Haiti vetiver oil, sandalwood, styrax absolute, castoreum absolute, vanilla absolute, musk.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Bulgari pour Homme Extreme today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Morning all.
    Vernona - I am so in love with your country!
    We are spending early September in Trogir
    and hope the good weather lasts until then.
    You must let me know of any good perfume shops
    in the area.
    I am wearing Lolita Lempicka Morsure d'Amour on a
    day of sunshine and showers.
    Hi kewart! so glad to hear that you like my country, it's beautiful indeed. The weather is great and so hot already and should last also. I'm sure it's gonna be great in September as we had a pretty long winter, It was pretty cold up untill a few days ago! so when things are like that it usually means that summer is gonna last longer...so you should have a great time when you come. unfortunately perfume shops are really bad, we have nothing but designer offer. really bad, not a single niche shop in this area, I have to do all my shopping online. Zagreb has a few nice shops tough so if perhaps you stop there on your way, maybe you could visit and buy something to remind you on this trip. that's what I always do when travelling abroad, I always buy a fragrance so it always reminds me of that period and country!

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Morning all,

lt's hotting up again here after a cloudy start, so l've pulled out Virgin lsland Water for the first time this year. Yay, more coconut!

Feel better soon, Xscent!
    hahahah way to go! I loooove VIW, one of my alltime favourites! Seems like I've dragged everyone into my coconut madness Well, let's enjoy it, such a carefree, feelgood note

hello all,

Issey Miyake Summer Edition 2009

Another busy weekend for me, getting things straightened out still after moving. Settling down a bit...but still some work to do. I did have a nice bon fire with my Dad on Friday, a few parties to attend on Saturday and yesterday I visited a Friend.

Wearing House of Matriarch Blackbird today, my favorite scent as of late...there's just something about it that keeps pulling me back in. It's somewhat cooler this morning, so I feel I can still pull this one off for the time being...then I'll dive into the summer scents.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Good morning all. Today I am wearing Pulp by Byredo.

Thanks teardrop . Glad to hear the sunshine I sent has arrived.

Off to bed with me, all work and no play makes me rather tired. Cuir de Russie for bed tonight might as well end the day in leather too.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Verona, you may enjoy Cadjmere in the winter or it may not be your cup of tea at all, and there's nothing wrong with that Next time you try it, though, it might help not to be thinking "coconut" -- I personally don't get a coconut fruit/milk vibe from it at all. I find Cadjmere to be all about woods: rosewood and perhaps the wood of the coconut *shell*. So if you think about it that way, you may end up having a completely different olfactory experience. Just a suggestion

Thinking of Evangeline, especially now with the French Open in the history books. I hope you're having marvelous time! I'm wearing Une Rose today in your honor.

Happy Monday, all!

Good morning, everyone!

Xscent, sorry to hear about the coffee incident but so happy to hear the guy handled the situation with such grace. I would have been perfect if he looked like George Clooney and you exchanged business cards and the rest was history...right? And yes, m'dear, sunscreen and a hat!

Here is my Saturday craziness: Saturday morning, I picked up a very sweet, submissive, and not very socialized German Shepherd from animal control to foster for 2 wks until it can go to its rescue - put it in back yard to play - Rocky saw dog, got excited, I bring Rocky out to meet him - Rocky sniffs him and then attacks him - they start viciously fighting - I am trying to hold onto the leash and pull Rocky off him - I turn my back and try to pull Rocky toward back door - Someone chomps into my calf - I scream/become hysterical for a while then calm down - I call animal control and tel them I have been bitten and have to bring dog back - I bring dog back - They tell me to go to the doctor and then all the police to do a bite report - I get to doctor and they tell me if we do bite report they will quarantine ROCKY for 2 weeks - I become hysterical again - Call animal control back to ask them the details of the quarantine and he confirms they will take Rocky away - I tell him I will not let them take my own dog and he says they can press charges against me if I don't cooperate - The doctor's office was awesome and we do not call the police - I miss 3 calls from a blocked number - I spend the rest of the day feeling like a fugitive and like I am harboring a criminal dog from the police. I am hoping it is all just forgotten - the rescue lady pulled the German Shepherd from the pound today and has him, so he's not being quarantined, so I think me and Rocky must be safe, too. Oh, and my calf's fine - some deep punctures, lots of deep bruising, and I had to get a tetanus shot, but I'll make it.

Oh, right - SOTD is Apres L'Ondee.

I'm missing Evangeline too, ExtremeK (and hugs back atcha!!! ) -- hoping she is having a glorious time in Paris!

Cello I think we are on the same wavelength these days. I see you in Hiris (which I wore yesterday).
    Last edited by ErinK; 9th June 2014 at 03:19 PM.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all !. Vernona, I have fond memories of Croatia having spent family holidays there and remember both Dubrovnik and the island of Korčula being particularly impressive.

Xscent, get well soon and have one on me too

Definitely NOT glad the sunshine has arrived because the accompanying humidity is absolutely dreadful

A mood lifter today. The Different Company - De Bachmakov ( someone transport me to the Arctic Circle )

Wow, scary stuff, Erin - glad to hear you are recovering from the ordeal. Let's hope it all blows over now.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 9th June 2014 at 03:20 PM.

Caron N'Aimez Que Moi

Glad you're ok Erin! Sounds like a frightening situation that could have ended up much worse.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

I'm happy in Chanel No 5 EdP today. Gosh, it's all I want to wear lately. I feel a little ridiculous after all the hate I spewed for it in the beginning. Now, I simply can't get enough. I want to cover my entire body in it. Must try the lotion!
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Erin!!! What a scary experience! I am soooo sorry this happened to you. But so glad that you are ok!
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Wow, Erin!! That is a wild story. But yes, glad it all seems to have worked out all the way around. Yes, I wore Hiris yesterday too!!! I just forgot to put it as SOTD, to track stats. I kind of took the weekend off, but now I'm back

Today, again in Ava Luxe No. 23. I just love this stuff - it is so easy, and smells really great. I like having it with me all day at work.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Verona, you may enjoy Cadjmere in the winter or it may not be your cup of tea at all, and there's nothing wrong with that Next time you try it, though, it might help not to be thinking "coconut" -- I personally don't get a coconut fruit/milk vibe from it at all. I find Cadjmere to be all about woods: rosewood and perhaps the wood of the coconut *shell*. So if you think about it that way, you may end up having a completely different olfactory experience. Just a suggestion

Thinking of Evangeline, especially now with the French Open in the history books. I hope you're having marvelous time! I'm wearing Une Rose today in your honor.

Happy Monday, all!
    Good suggestion! I did think "coconut" a bit, but more than that I had something sweet in mind, something like Chopard Casmir, maybe cos of the name...and it turned out completely different. It's not at all as sweet as I thought, and I like sweet scents. This one is really sexy tough, but as you said probably not my cup of tea...cos I usually know right away, from one wear whether is for me or not. Funny how I get that Allure sensuelle vibe from it and nobody else gets that, so it must be my imagination. Dont like Allure either

JON so glad you liked it in Cro too!! I'm so happy to hear that some of you guys visited and loved my country! Being so small as it is, often happens that I speak to people from different parts of the world who don't even know where we are or still reffer to as as Yugoslavia

Oh my, Erin, such a horror story! Glad all ended well!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone!

I went out perfume shopping today, so my arms/hands are covered with Guerlain Vol de Nuit/Chamade/L'Heure Bleue extraits, plus some Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay body cream... still trying to decide among those extraits!

Basenotes Plus

Default S.O.T.D. — Monday, 9 June, 2014.

(Art by Luckyraeve)

Au Lac by Eau d’Italie

ExtremeK - thank you!

Have a great day, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CapriDog; 9th June 2014 at 05:46 PM.

Good afternoon everyone. I'm wearing White Linen for a change.

Xscent, feel better.

Erin, that sounds awful, and I am so sorry. I bet the police are not pursuing this -- they have too much to do I'm sure, and in general they don't enjoy dog cases. There is no third party witness and no third party injury. Therefore this kind of thing should just melt away. But run an internet search, because most states and municipalities have their laws online. Sometimes quarantine just means "at home." Like people with measles.

SOTE
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, vintage (80s) EDT

Mariah Carey "M" ... this early morning before it gets too hot

I am glad you are ok, Erin. I really hope it all finishes here.

Cuir d' Iris - Parfumerie Generale, today.

Basenotes Plus

Joining the unofficial coconut synch this evening. My options may be limited to one but it's a delight .

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 10th June 2014 at 04:03 AM.

Blog Entries

Evening all,

Thanks Xscent for the sunshine! l managed to get a couple of hours more sunbathing in this afternoon before the clouds came over & it turned showery, much to Jon's relief l'm sure.

(((Erin))) what a horrendous experience! l do hope that's the last of it. Extra hugs for Rocky, who l'm sure was trying to protect his beloved mistress.

Really loving it that everyone's gone coco-loco here!

l'm wearing Hawaiian White Ginger by Avon this evening; a vintage bottle of the cologne mist. The top notes have turned slightly, but the drydown is still lovely tropical goodness. Not coconut, but it still has that carefree holiday vibe.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Evening everyone
    Jour de Fete today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basenotes Institution

Crazy busy (I didn't even post yesterday - w00t!)

This morning I wore:

Cartier L'Heure Vertueuse III by Cartier

This afternoon, another sampling of the rose/mint fest of:

Diablo Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine

Maybe my nose is broken but I really can't detect the mint in this. Just a HUGE rose note. Nice, but is my skin a mint-killer now? WTH?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Joining the unofficial coconut synch this evening. My options may be limited to one but it's a delight .

The best one!

'Monoi de Tahiti' by Yves Rocher - joining the coconut-ies

Quote Originally Posted by MadKat View Post
    'Monoi de Tahiti' by Yves Rocher - joining the coconut-ies
    Nice one!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    I'm happy in Chanel No 5 EdP today. Gosh, it's all I want to wear lately. I feel a little ridiculous after all the hate I spewed for it in the beginning. Now, I simply can't get enough. I want to cover my entire body in it. Must try the lotion!
    I can identify with this.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Xscent, what a wonderful story. This gentleman has renewed my faith in human nature.

ErinK, so glad you are okay. What an adventure that was. Glad the doggies are okay too. You are very lucky.

Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia for me today.

Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Ending the night with vintage Shalimar extrait from the 70s. My shirt still smells a little bit like Kinski even though its been through the wash. The dark greenness is blending nicely with the applied Shalimar.
    Last edited by Rev320; 10th June 2014 at 12:28 AM.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Chiming in late, but it was TF Champaca Absolue for me today.

Ending my night with House of Matriarch Alpha, from a sample vial.

L'Homme Parfum Intense by YSL

bleu autumn haze

Home late, on call again. I'm actually on call 5 of the next 7 days ... and not by choice. Who ever made up this schedule should be shot! Oh yeah, it's my manager. She got so much static from us that she changed the call schedule for next month and it won't be happening again. Not helping me THIS month though. I'm wearing Dior Addict today.

Thank you, ExtremeK!

Erin, how scary! Are the dogs ok? Did either of them get bitten as badly as you did? What a stupid rule to take one's own dog away!

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Erin, goodness, how awful and they wanted to take Rocky? I don't think so!

(((shades))) you should be gifted with a bottle of Heure de Nuit or two, xoxo.

Tresor In Love, I like the peach but wish it were peachier and a little less green. TiL is a generic peach..like watered down peach juice with aloe vera juice in it, wish it were less sweet too..or different sweet, this one is nutrasweet. Yep, watery peach mist, some aloe with a green rose bud and nutrasweet. Smells very IFRA approved, lol.
    Last edited by kalli; 10th June 2014 at 03:48 AM.
    $25 or less clearance sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/390...othing-over-25!!

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

Petit Rien by Miller Harris tonight.