Code of Conduct

Default About Dior Homme Sport reformulations

Perfume-Dior-Homme-Sport.jpgDior Homme Sport 100ml.jpg

Hello my Basenoters friends , I just received my order of Chanel Antaeus, which was bought after request your help, because the price was too good to be true, but I am very satisfied,it smells fantastic; my eye is now under the Dior Homme Sport which I post an image; as you can see it is from November 2011 and I have read that there was a reformulation around that date, and many say that was worse than it was before; one more time I will ask your help so that someone who knows me can advise whether it is to buy or pass; the price for 100 ml is €40; thank you all so much for your help and patience.
    ckampus

Default Re: About Dior Homme Sport reformulations

The scent wasn't reformulated, it was completely changed. The older one is a ginger and citrus scent, while the newer one is an iris and citrus scent which is more in line with the original Dior Homme. Personally don't like the original DHS, I prefer the newer one.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    The scent wasn't reformulated, it was completely changed. The older one is a ginger and citrus scent, while the newer one is an iris and citrus scent which is more in line with the original Dior Homme. Personally don't like the original DHS, I prefer the newer one.
    Thanks, this package of the image that is November 2011 is good or bad, from your point of view?

I have the original, the one that was first released and I love it. I have smelled what's out there now in my area and also like that one. Personally don't notice a big difference. Just my experience.
    Last edited by hednic; 9th June 2014 at 04:40 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Personally don't notice a big difference. Just my experience.
    Really? They're completely different scents. The newer one has no ginger to my nose, while the older has a tremendous amount.

OP: That is the original DHS, which I don't like, so I wouldn't purchase it. The price isn't all that great either.

I prefer the original. Although I find the newer release to be closer aligned to the Dior Homme flanker series than the original. Both are nice enough to own IMO.

Excuse me, the batch code 1Y03 which is November 2011 will be then the original formula of 2008? correct?

Quote Originally Posted by ckampus View Post
    Excuse me, the batch code 1Y03 which is November 2011 will be then the original formula of 2008? correct?
    Correct

old

new

Yes, pretty different. Both excellent, both have a similar "Dior" vibe, but the 2008 version is much more ginger, while the 2012 has iris.

Old DHS 2008:

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/D...port-4033.html

New DHS 2012:

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/D...012-14719.html

If you are like me, you're going to want both!
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

I think they are both great, but right now I am preferring DHS 2008 as I think it's better suited for hot temps.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Really? They're completely different scents. The newer one has no ginger to my nose, while the older has a tremendous amount.
    Hmmm...I recently wore a sample from Sephora which I *assumed* was the 2012 version. I'm not usually a ginger fan but I'm thinking of buying it because the scent as a whole was enjoyable and I think it would be good in hot weather. It undoubtedly had ginger, so now I'm starting to wonder if the tester had been around for a while and was actually 2008 version. That would surprise me but I guess you never know.

Do others agree with JiveHippo re: no detectable ginger in 2012?

If you purchase it and don't like it, you shouldn't have a problem selling it.

Default About Dior Homme Sport reformulations

The older version is stronger, but it has a harsh ginger note that dominates most of the fragrance. The 2012 version is better at balancing the notes. I like them both, but if I had to choose I would go with 2012.

Sent from Richard's Ipad
    Last edited by silentrich; 9th June 2014 at 08:23 PM.

Own both, and even though I like ginger just fine, I still think the new formulation is the better wearing scent. For heavy ginger, I actually prefer Declaration Cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by bbfan View Post
    Hmmm...I recently wore a sample from Sephora which I *assumed* was the 2012 version. I'm not usually a ginger fan but I'm thinking of buying it because the scent as a whole was enjoyable and I think it would be good in hot weather. It undoubtedly had ginger, so now I'm starting to wonder if the tester had been around for a while and was actually 2008 version. That would surprise me but I guess you never know.

Do others agree with JiveHippo re: no detectable ginger in 2012?
    My mistake, you're right, there is ginger in the new one. I don't remember picking up on it, but it is listed in the pyramid. It's definitely toned down from the original.

The Original Dior Homme Sport (2008) is so amazing, it is the only fragrance I have a backup bottle of. It just puts me on an amazing mood, very very refereshing on the heat, very classy, elegant, just one of the most amazing fragrances for hot weather.

In my opinion they made a huge mistake by taking this scent off the market, they should had just added the new DHS as another flanker, but not replacing the original. It's one of the only fragrances im truly sad that I won't get to enjoy at somepoint in the future, when I run out of my 2 bottles.
    Last edited by herbert7890; 10th June 2014 at 01:59 AM.

byandthrough

Having owned both, I largely prefer the vintage version. A lot more sharp, snappy, lively, and better suited for summer weather. The reform is good, but there is something special about the vintage to me. As was said, I will be sad when my bottle runs out.

Both are in my top 15 faves. I agree with the folks who say they are different scents entirely -- at least, that's how I perceive them and think of them. 2008 is my fave sport-style scent. The only thing "sport" about DHS 2012 is the name, it does not have the light freshness that sport scents have; instead, for me, it's got that sexy iris undertone.

Basenotes Plus

Just got my bottle of the old DHS - I like this quite a bit more than the new version. Very glad I decided to blind buy the older version. I definitely get the more sharp and snappy view of this over the new version.