Code of Conduct

Default Afnan supremacy silver... A clone of basenotes favourite fragrance

Hello,

Today while I was browsing through the offerings of a perfume store, I saw that they had
    Lomani ab spirit silver available and my curiosity got the better of me and I had to try it.
    It began rather medicinal, like a pineapple flavoured cough syrup, and I incidentally said out
    Loud that it's not like aventus, to which the shop keepers attendant asked me whether I said
    Aventus ?

I said yes, to which he took out "afnan supremacy silver" from the back and gave a quick spray
    On my hand.

Now let me tell you one thing, while lomanis version took atleast an hour to even turn into an
    Acceptable fragrance, the supremacy silver was to my nose very similar and mimicking aventus
    And doing it's job very well !
    It was similar to aventus right from the beginning and dried down very similar as well.
    Unlike lomani I didn't have to wait one hour to even have a fair comparision, it was brilliant
    From start to end.

It has given me moderate longevity and moderate projection and is priced at about 35$ at the shop
    I saw it at and is available as an "edp" concentration.

I definitely think it's worry of being tried for a dual purpose.
    It is excellent as a standalone fragrance, and it also would
    Serve as an efficient substitute to Mr Batch Variations.

In my opinion if lomanis spirit silver is maybe 40% similar

The afnan version is a good 80%, if not more.

Again I'm not starting any speculations, and if you have the money
    Remember, there's nothing better than buying the real thing,
    But if you think spending 200$ on cologne is ridiculous or are just
    Annoyed with creeds inconsistencies and quality control issues which
    They have so very conveniently labelled as "batch variations", I think the afnan
    Deserves a try.

Regards.

SDL775966338_1386247474_image1-7b905.jpg
    Last edited by fraghead93; 10th June 2014 at 05:25 AM.

Default Re: Afnan supremacy silver... A clone of basenotes favourite fragrance

Not widely available, even online .

Thanks for the info.

To my non expert nose the Lomani is incredibly close to Aventus, so that'll do for me.

Lomani is 40% similar to Aventus? That statement alone makes me question OP's credibility. To me Aventus is 95% similar in smell to AB Silver with Aventus being way superior in longevity/projection department.

I respect your analysis but to me it's still subpar to Aventus by a Nautical mile, nevertheless I can respect a person who enjoys it and chooses it over the prototype there is nothing wrong with doing that...cheerios

btw, there is market for versions of this and versions of that and they also come rather close and you can purchase them for 10-20 bucks and it gets the job done for some in the populace if it rocks your boat and you are smiling at getting over paying exuberant amount of $$$ at something you can get at a lower price that does it for you then don't beat yourself over the head and get the versions or interpretations of the prototype and enjoy.
    Last edited by magnus611; 10th June 2014 at 02:25 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by fraghead93 View Post
    there's nothing better than buying the real thing,
    I've never tried this Afnan, but Aventus is so cheap I don't doubt it's super easy to find other scents which smell like it (and I mean: with the same components). And it that case, it's not a matter of "the real thing", more to, uhm, "ask yourself a couple of questions".
    My current top five:

Yohji Yamamoto - Yohji Homme (vtg)
    Boucheron - Jaipur Homme
    Knize - Knize Ten Golden Edition
    Gucci - Gucci pour Homme I (vtg)
    YSL - M7 (vtg)

My fragrance reviews | http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.it/

Quote Originally Posted by fraghead93;3169255 the supremacy silver was to my nose very similar and mimicking aventus
    And doing it's job very well !
    It was similar to aventus right from the beginning and dried down very similar as well.

It has given me moderate longevity and moderate projection and is priced at about 35$ at the shop
    I saw it at and is available as an "edp" concentration.

[ATTACH=CONFIG
    28921[/ATTACH]
    I own both Aventus and Supremacy Silver. I have posted here before about it, but it's true, it's not widely available so there wasn't much traffic on here about it. I agree with the OP this is another good "clone" if you will of Aventus start to finish. Very, very close side by side.

OP, where are you located to find a shop that had it in stock? As Raz said, Afnan is not widely available...

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Maillard View Post
    I've never tried this Afnan, but Aventus is so cheap I don't doubt it's super easy to find other scents which smell like it (and I mean: with the same components). And it that case, it's not a matter of "the real thing", more to, uhm, "ask yourself a couple of questions".
    Aventus may be cheap to you but to me, and I’m guessing 99% of the fragrance buying population, it’s very expensive. I’ve a couple of full bottles of stuff in the 100+ price range, but if I’m honest I very much doubt I could spend 150 or so on a bottle of Aventus when I own the Lomani.

How does Insurrection Pure compare to Lomani for those that have tried both?

Also, where the heck do you find Supremacy Silver?

I think there's more to it than just the smell. People want to actually own the bottle -- the real thing.

It's a bit like going back 30 years in the UK. Were you a Bentley owner or did you have a Rolls Royce.

Would you prefer an authentic Titian or a copy?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    I think there's more to it than just the smell. People want to actually own the bottle -- the real thing.

It's a bit like going back 30 years in the UK. Were you a Bentley owner or did you have a Rolls Royce.

Would you prefer an authentic Titian or a copy?
    Completely agree, and were money no object I’d probably own the Aventus. I also appreciate that some people can distinguish things others can’t. My nose isn’t sensitive enough to tell the difference but I fully understand that there are people out there who could spot a clone from 10 feet away. I did a review in the Lomani thread when I got mine, and I couldn’t really tell them apart.

Each to their own, and of course it’s all subjective. We all like different things, be it music, clothes, sports, or fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by tefg View Post
    Aventus may be cheap to you but to me
    I meant "quality-wise" cheap
    My current top five:

Yohji Yamamoto - Yohji Homme (vtg)
    Boucheron - Jaipur Homme
    Knize - Knize Ten Golden Edition
    Gucci - Gucci pour Homme I (vtg)
    YSL - M7 (vtg)

My fragrance reviews | http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.it/

Completely agree, and were money no object I’d probably own the Aventus. I also appreciate that some people can distinguish things others can’t. My nose isn’t sensitive enough to tell the difference but I fully understand that there are people out there who could spot a clone from 10 feet away. I did a review in the Lomani thread when I got mine, and I couldn’t really tell them apart.

Each to their own, and of course it’s all subjective. We all like different things, be it music, clothes, sports, or fragrances.
    Well this makes complete sense too. Aventus is way overpriced now but the market dictates

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Maillard View Post
    I meant "quality-wise" cheap
    Ah right. I was wondering how it could be cheap price-wise!

Maybe I'm being a little nostalgic, but I remember a simpler time, when people thought Fresco was the "Aventus Killer".
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Ah right. I was wondering how it could be cheap price-wise!

And here I am wondering how it could be cheap quality-wise...
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Thanks for sharing. Interestingly, when reading just the thread title alone, the first thought was not about a clone of Aventus, but of that particular experimental fragrance, released, in a very limited edition, at the suggestion of BN members, a few years ago. Now that clone would be interesting, though a readily available Aventus copy is definitely worth considering and testing.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Maybe I'm being a little nostalgic, but I remember a simpler time, when people thought Fresco was the "Aventus Killer".
    AHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAAA!!! ...ahem.

The whole clones thing cracks me up. If you only have $30 to spend, I think it's wiser to buy the best smelling scent you can find for $30 rather than trying to find a $30 version of something you can't afford. It's like food. If I only have $5 to spend on lunch, am I better off buying a $5 steak, or a sub? I may be in the mood for a steak, but a steak that cheap would probably be nasty. On the other hand, for $5, there are all kinds of delicious lunch options.

I think it's always wiser to buy the best thing you can afford rather than a copy of something you can't.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Here's the way I look at this; a perfume or cologne is a luxury item, not a necessity. Spending $200+ on something that makes you smell good is ridiculous, especially when there are other options for 1/10 of the price that do the exact same thing. If you have the money to buy these expensive perfumes or colognes, then all the more power to you. However, most people including myself cannot afford such luxury, so we opt for the cheaper alternatives available. After all, smelling good shouldn't cost an arm and a leg. If you asked the average person on the street had they heard of "Creed" fragrances, I guarantee at least 90% would have no idea what you are even talking about, let alone how much the overpriced fragrance costed you.

Hhmmm... a new member whose first post is slamming Creed. Gi figure.

Quote Originally Posted by afguynwh View Post
    Spending $200+ on something that makes you smell good is ridiculous, especially when there are other options for 1/10 of the price that do the exact same thing.
    By that measure, nothing has any value. Why buy a nice car when anything from a used lot will do the same job of taking you from place to place? Why buy nice clothes when anything that covers your body gets the job done? Heck, why not wear burlap sacks? Art, on your walls? What a waste, right? I don't agree with any of that logic. Why work so hard to make money if you can't find pleasure in how you spend it?

If you can't smell the difference between the real thing and a knockoff, it doesn't mean no one else can. And just because you don't value the difference, it doesn't mean no one else does.

If you have the money to buy these expensive perfumes or colognes, then all the more power to you. However, most people including myself cannot afford such luxury, so we opt for the cheaper alternatives available.
    How much is your cable bill each month? Mine is $0 because I cut the cord a long time ago, and I don't miss it. How much do you spend each month on credit card interest? I pay $0 because I maintain zero balances on my cards. How much do you spend each month on your car, including gas, maintenance, parking, insurance, etc? I spend $0 because I live in a pedestrian city and have everything I love at my footsteps. I walk and bike everywhere. I've never been happier and I've never been in better shape. It's easy to afford nice things when you're not wasting money. Even little things add up to a lot. Paper towels? Heck no. Buy cloth napkins once and you'll never need paper towels again. How about soda? You can make your own for a fraction of the price. It'll taste better and be better for you. Bottled water? LOL! Wasted money and the bottles are bad for the environment.

It's easy to afford nice things when you're not wasting money.

After all, smelling good shouldn't cost an arm and a leg.
    It doesn't. If you don't want luxury items, don't buy them. I'm wearing a $20 scent today and it's fantastic. Yesterday, I wore something that costs $275. My collection is diverse because I have diverse tastes.

If you asked the average person on the street had they heard of "Creed" fragrances, I guarantee at least 90% would have no idea what you are even talking about, let alone how much the overpriced fragrance costed you.
    You're probably right, but why should that matter at all? If you live your life with your main concern being how to conform to other people's tastes and opinions, you'll someday wake up and find that you're old and have no tastes and opinions of your own. Life is too short for that.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam