Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. — Tuesday, 10 June, 2014.

Good morning! Guerlain Mahora.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. — Tuesday, 10 June, 2014.

Good Morning,

Hermθs Brin de Rιglisse for a beautiful, sunny day.

Best to all.

Basenotes Plus

Morning all! In Chanel No. 5 EDT this morning for a meeting - unlike Danieq, I don't like the EDP, just the EDT!

Morning
    I'm wearing Guerlain Acqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic.

Hello all,

((ErinK)) you poor thing. I really hope that’s the end of the drama.

Joining ClaireV today in No.5 EdC and vintage parfum. Catch up later, need to dash to the atelier.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Hi everyone - Acqua di Genova Colonia.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Blog Entries

Morning all!

(((((shades))))) your shifts sound brutal, l do hope they don't do this to you ever again.

l'm sampling Tom Ford's Shanghai Lily today; disappointing so far. But never mind, the sun is shining!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. — Tuesday, 10 June, 2014.

Hello everybody. Good morning. Wish you all a happy day

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, Givenchy Amarige for me.

(((((ErinK))))) and (((((Shannon)))))
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello everyone!
    Escada Born in Paradise for me today!

Have a great day all!

Desarmant by La Parfumerie Moderne

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Hello, APOM today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Monsieur Rochas today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Serge Lutens Tubιreuse Criminelle
    26123578-6133.jpg
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

hello all,

Last edited by easyfish; 10th June 2014 at 02:12 PM.

(((ErinK))) - Seconding XScent's hope that there's no more to this drama for you or Rocky.

Today my younger son graduates from high school, and his older brother is coming home (despite the fact that this will mean he needs to submit his last couple of finals remotely) today as a surprise.

My SOTD is Cielo Napa Valley because DS#2 picked it for me when we were on a "just us" weekend getaway to celebrate his 10th birthday (you only go into double digits once, you see, and then that's it until if you're lucky you go into triple digits when you turn 100). We went to a circus school in Vermont in their off-season (December), and after he'd taken a couple of acrobatics lessons we went shopping in the village center. I tested a couple of scents in one of their clearly-for-the-tourists shops, and my son picked Cielo for me. So I wear it for him today.

I think it falls into the JFP category. Somebody was looking for a great fig-based scent recently and I totally forgot about this one. I think it's discontinued, though. Anyone know for sure?

Cielo Napa Valley notes: Sweet daphne, grape leaf, fig, honeysuckle, honey, oak and sandalwood.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Hello all. Laura Mercier L'Heure Magique.
    Last edited by donna255; 10th June 2014 at 12:32 PM.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Good Morning….heading out the door to work wearing L'Artisan Passage d'Enfer.

Vacation is over….San Antonio was awesome!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Hello all,

((Shades)) hoping you get a break soon.

RHM nice to have you back, glad you enjoyed your time away.

ComDiva congratulations on your son's graduation. A ‘just us’ weekend is such a sweet idea.

ErinK, Betsy and Tdem my clean shirt showed up at the office this afternoon accompanied by flowers.

((Jon)) sounds like you need the chilly violets of Aleksandr.

Another afternoon playing human pin cushion, I haven’t yet found a graceful way to contort myself out of a dress full of pins without injury. After a particularly painful stab did wonder if I need another LBD. I can’t blame aliens, occlumency or temporary insanity because the truth is I can’t say no to silk velvet. This is straight up fabric lust.

Dior Homme tonight.

Last edited by Xscent; 10th June 2014 at 01:06 PM.

L' Hommage a L' Homme by Lalique

Caron Poivre
    Last edited by vegangirl; 10th June 2014 at 01:21 PM.

Xscent, you smell great. I love Dior Homme, it's one of my favorite designer scents. I think it would smell equally great on my S/O.

Today I'm wearing the now "out of stock for a year"...Comme des Garcons Sequoia.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD Slumberhouse, CdG & More...

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Xscent, you smell great. I love Dior Homme, it's one of my favorite designer scents. I think it would smell equally great on my S/O.

Today I'm wearing the now "out of stock for a year"...Comme des Garcons Sequoia.
    Thanks Rynegne, DH is a favourite of mine too. Have you managed to get your SO to wear it?

I haven't yet tried. She likes it so much on me, I'm not sure she would be interested in trying :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    Thanks Rynegne, DH is a favourite of mine too. Have you managed to get your SO to wear it?
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

SOTD: Ayalitta by Ayala Moriel. I have been craving oakmoss lately.

Good morning!

Thank you all sooo much for the hugs and words of encouragement re: dog fiasco. The police never came to get Rocky, the rescue dog is now safely in his rescue, and I am still quite sore but just fine. Once again, thank you all for the love!

Xscent - wow, flowers too?? Nice!!

ComDiva, what a sweet story about your trip with your son. It is so sweet that you are wearing that perfume today. Thank you for sharing.

I packed up a little box for The Guy and am shipping it out today. I am sort of testing him...along with the 2 CDs by my favorite artist, last night I decanted about 8 samples of some of my favorites that I'm including for him to...sniff/wear/throw in a drawer to be forgotten/whatever. I haven't told him anything about my love of perfume yet - just going to wait until he gets it and see what he makes of it.

In Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess today.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by 勝美! View Post
    Good morning! Guerlain Mahora.
    Great choice!
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Smile Re: S.O.T.D. — Tuesday, 10 June, 2014.

Serge Lutens Tuberose sounds like something I must try.

It's Annick Goutal Gardenia Passion for me today.

Have a nice day everyone.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Default S.O.T.D. — Tuesday, 10 June, 2014.

( Art by Scottyrobotty )

Junky by Jardins d’Ecrivains

ErinK - I am very glad you are okay and Rocky is safe with you. Hope the rescued dog is in good hands. Peace!

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by CapriDog; 10th June 2014 at 02:56 PM.

Micallef ~ Royal Vintage
    royal vintage.jpg

Good day everyone! I am off to my work required health screen (BP, cholesterol, weight etc) so cheated with a cup of coffee, but no sugar or cream. Who cares, right! I hate this "required" stuff, it feels like Big Brother to me.

Wearing Chanel 1932. I should have worn something really, really skanky, but I forgot. Oh well, next year I will stink them out!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    ((Jon)) sounds like you need the chilly violets of Aleksandr.
    Looks like the decision for my SotE has just been made

Currently luxuriating with a little floral leather.

Erin, hope the injured calf isn't giving you too much pain.

(((Shades))), you deserve a break from the daily grind. Hope you get some respite very soon.

Basenotes Institution

Shalimar (vintage Eau de Cologne) by Guerlain

Just got a new (used) bottle to replace my last one I finished. It's more 'new' and it's awesome, just like I remember. This particular version is the one I remember first smelling, when Shalimar and I were introduced. I think it's my favorite. Especially on a hot cloudy day like today.

I've been crazy busy this week so I am now just reading through the Sunday, Monday threads...

tdem - Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you did something special to celebrate
    ComDiva - I love Deliria from the L'Artisan's collection...it's this weird metallic fruit scent. A guy I met in LA wore it, when I was there around the holidays, and now I can't seem to separate him from the scent, they are intertwined.
    kalli - "Lemon cake perfume", have you tried Shalimar Eau Legere by Guerlain?
    Mocha - I can't take allergy medication for that same reason, it just puts me to sleep.
    ExtremeK - thanks for the hug on Sunday. Have you smelled one of my fav 'summer patchouli' scents, Nightscape by Ulrich Lang? It's fantastic! Sort of a modern patch chypre.
    ErinK - hope your calf is healing and that you & Rocky can soon forget about that crazy experience on Saturday. ((gentle bear hugs))

My Book Club meets for the very last time this coming Thursday, so I'm speed-reading the last 2 chapters of the book ("The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle). This book is amazing. It's changing my perception of my life, myself, spirituality, etc. Amazing & highly recommended.

OH - and I almost forgot to mention, I'm juice cleansing again...started last night. For 3-4 days. I'd kill for a cup of coffee.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 10th June 2014 at 03:41 PM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Hi everybody. I hope all are well. Ylang 49 today.

Wow, Mike, that's an awesome recommendation -- I definitely will check out that book.

Blog Entries

Twinned with the lovely Erin in Bronze Goddess this evening, & wearing Coccobello on the other arm for comparison. They have a very similar woody note in common, but BG veers much more to the suntan lotion side. Yep, still going nuts for coco here, it's that time of year.

Erin; so glad to hear you & Rocky are safe & well. Let us know how The Guy reacts to your parcel!

mike; funny you should mention that Power of Now book. l was in the second hand book shop today & saw a copy; l nearly bought it, but l was there looking for crime fiction for Mr teardrop, so l stuck to the mission instead. l went through a phase of reading self-help books after my divorce. l'm kind of over all that now, but l have heard good things about that book.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum by YSL

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Arquiste Aleksandr.

I smell bloody marvellous - whoever suggested this must have a truly discerning nose

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Erin, what a scary episode!

I'm wearing AG Des Lys today. Two weeks until daughter's h.s. graduation and she has been up to her neck in projects. Up till 2 a.m. last night...will be glad when she's done!

Starting my day with 'Andy Warhol' before it gets too hot.. I've had enough of these 100+ days already

Teardrop, you know it makes my day to be twinned with you! Coccobello is at or near the top of my to-sniff list. I am quite sure I will love it! I will let you know how The Guy reacts. He is Eastern Orthodox so I sent him a sample of Avignon; I am wondering how he will like that one. He better not say anything bad about Givenchy III or No.19, or, well, that might be all she wrote.

Jon, that picture of Alexsandr is one of my favorites you post. I could stare at it for hours.

30 Roses, has your daughter decided upon a college? You may have said so a previous thread; if I missed it, I apologize!

I will second Mike's recommenation of The Power of Now. I read it last year, and it is phenomenal. If you are at all into self-awareness, spirituality/etc reading, you shouldn't miss this one. If you read it with an open mind it is incredible how it changes your perception of yourself/your identity/your emotions/etc. Highly recommended.

I am going to a happy hour tonight at a place that shows up in the dictionary next to the word "dive." Not sure what I'll wear - maybe Speakeasy, maybe No.5.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

( Art by Shiny14u )

SotE - La Dame aux Camelias - Night Cologne by Jardins d’Ecrivains

Basenotes Institution

teardrop - the book is more of a book on spirituality, rather than a self-help book. If you do read it proceed with an open mind - it is very paradigm-shifting, that's for sure.

Afternoon scent:

Cologne a la Russe by Institut Tres Bien

Almost finished with my juice...the last of the last of my bottle. ;(
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by matildaben View Post
    SOTD: Ayalitta by Ayala Moriel. I have been craving oakmoss lately.
    http://chiasenhac.com/hd/video/o-vid...8~1229323.html

Ayalitta, Ayalitta, Ayalitta, YES!
    Ayalitta, Ayalitta, Ayalitta, YES!
    Last edited by 勝美!; 10th June 2014 at 08:34 PM.

Tan Giudicelli Annam - lily, incense, milk and rice. I know how to pick scents that get discontinued.

Wearing Guess by Marciano today.
    Fragrance Omnivore

1932, Chanel.

My dislocated shoulder is getting better, blood pressure is still up high (170/105). Mr.T and I are both quitting smoking and it is hard. I will go work for the first time after the vacation, tomorrow. I love and miss you all.

A kiss to Rocky on the wet nose from me, please?

summer means fireflys

I'm scent twins with Rev320! I'm also wearing SL Tubereuse Criminelle today. I like this more and more each time I wear it, so I'm cautiously putting it on the Wish List. Cautious, because I've only dabbed it on rather than spraying and it could be a bit too much with sprays. Need to test it by spraying before making a final decision.

Sorry about the whine regarding my job yesterday ... but it's nice to hear some support.

Erin, I'm adding Coccobello to my must-sniff list too! Funny how these lemmings get so out of control!!!

Capridog, that is the most gorgeous shade of purple!

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Checking in for the evening in Madhat Limed, which I blind-bought from rynegne. I wanted a new summer scent, and I think this should fit the bill very nicely! I've had it on a couple hours now and keep catching whiffs that are just wonderful. I will probably give this a full wear tomorrow.

Twolf, I gave Rocky your kiss and he said thank you with a tail wag. You and Mr. Twolf are doing great things for yourself by quitting smoking. Be strong. You can do it.

Here's a picture of the mutt. I haven't shared one in a while and he wanted to say hi to all of you.

photo (2).jpg

Such a cute dog! Glad you're enjoying Limed this evening :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    Checking in for the evening in Madhat Limed, which I blind-bought from rynegne. I wanted a new summer scent, and I think this should fit the bill very nicely! I've had it on a couple hours now and keep catching whiffs that are just wonderful. I will probably give this a full wear tomorrow.

Twolf, I gave Rocky your kiss and he said thank you with a tail wag. You and Mr. Twolf are doing great things for yourself by quitting smoking. Be strong. You can do it.

Here's a picture of the mutt. I haven't shared one in a while and he wanted to say hi to all of you.

photo (2).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Such a cute dog! Glad you're enjoying Limed this evening :-)
    Thanks!! He's actually sort of glaring...I think...in that picture. He is much cuter when he smiles!

And I am really enjoying Limed. I applied a few more sprays and I am really loving it.

Mike, haven't tried that Guerlain, sounds interesting.

Erin, cute pic of Rocky!

(((twolf)))
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Couldn't be more happy that you're enjoying it. Here's a picture of my lazy pup tonight. I called her name and she passed out shortly after I woke her up briefly from her slumber.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Aramis Tuscany Forte tonight. Deelicious!
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

queen of the universe

TWolf, ow! I separated a shoulder doing something really foolish: standing on a chair to change a recessed lightbulb in the ceiling. It was about as bad as childbirth. Best wishes to you and the hubby on quitting smoking. Your sense of smell will thank you, and perfumes will amaze you even more, kind of like when the Wizard of Oz goes from B&W to color.

Me: trying out scents for a recital I am part of on Sunday. I'm playing Debussy, Piazzolla, and accompanyiong the Poulenc oboe sonata, 1st mvt. Today was Gres Cabochard. I think this will be my performance scent. It is so, so French and has the jolie-laide quality that matches the music, especially the Poulenc.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Aramis Tuscany Forte tonight. Deelicious!
    I'd totally love to get a sniff of you. I love and wear the normal Tuscany (though I am a woman). Try layering with Gucci Homme (big square bottle)

I am overworked today, I wish I had some wine, but alas... So - decided to drown my sorrow in the last drops of Bandit EDP
    ...because for Viktor & Rolf, fashion and fragrance are “antidotes to reality, against which there is just one weapon: dreams.”

Hello! Hope everyone had/is having a great evening! Loving the cute dog pics! One of mine is passed out next to me right now. <3

(((Xscent))) I hope the cold didn’t take hold too strongly and that you are feeling 100% better. And I imagine that you must have dealt with that unpleasant coffee incident yesterday so graciously that you just brought out the extra special best from that rather distracted gentleman!

(((Erin,))) can I offer you hugs *and* a virtual cocktail to enjoy while you kick up that bitten leg???? How about a Strawberry Limoncello? That whole dog situation sounds just absolutely horrific. How sweet of you to try to help foster the rescue dog! I’m glad you’re on the mend. Oh, and the gift box for the Guy sounds so cute! I hope he appreciates how awesome it is!!!

Shades, that schedule sounds killer. :{ I hope that you can squeeze in some good restful days off, when you do get them!

(((30R,))) hope you get some rest too! I've been thinking of you recently!

Lol, cello, I’m sorry your morning was crummy with that testing, but I had to smile—I bet your rebel coffee was extra good! (I share a strong dislike of Big Brotherish mandated-this-and-that too.)

(((Twolf))) <-- very gentle hugs, to keep from hurting that shoulder! Hope you feel better soon!

Jujy, wish I could go to your recital! I’m sure it will be fab like your perfume!

And I almost forgot… Gandhajala Howdy, stranger! Nice to see you here! Can’t wait to check out your blog.

Busy decanting tonight, so SOTE is a wild mix! Leathers, greens, lavenders, aldehydes… my nose is having an olfactory orgy! Lol…
    There are always flowers for those who want to see them.
    ~ Henri Matisse