Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. — Friday, 13 June, 2014. Synchronized Scent Day.

Good morning! Axe Peace ☮.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. — Friday, 13 June, 2014. Synchronized Scent Day.

Hello all.

Le 3me Homme by Caron
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

( Art by Agnes-Cecile )

Orlando by Jardins d'Ecrivains

TGIF. Have a great day, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. Thanks for getting us under way, Katsumi .

Lazy day at home today doing nothing in particular - wine o'clock will almost certainly be commencing early. Likely to be a long and enjoyable day tomorrow, incorporating a BN get-together if all goes to plan . Sniffing gear is ready for action !.

In synch today with Bois Des Iles.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RHM !.

Many happy returns, RHM!

Eva Kant.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday RHM!

Joining everybody in the sync today in Dior's Eau Noire. Happy Friday to you all
    “There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

Good morning everyone It's friday 13th, but I'm quite sure today will be better than yesterday! It started with no warm wather and my favourite dress got ruined :/ the zipper got stuck, so couldn 't get the dress neithrr on or off Eventually I had to rip the zipper up, so now it's ruined I reacted by getting two, new ( expensive) : p Today I have a lateshift. Sotd is Habit rouge for the synch.Have a great day all and HAPPY BIRTHDAY RHM!
    Last edited by ineespenes; 13th June 2014 at 11:55 AM.

hello all,

, RHM!

Caron Yatagan
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Blog Entries

Hi all, & a very Happy Birthday to RHM!

ineespenes, sorry to hear about your dress, but glad you consoled yourself with something new!

l'm currently scented with a melange of florals, following a decanting session.

Have a great Friday, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

ineespenes, glad you 'escaped' the dress. That's an awful feeling, so even though the dress is history, I know you are glad to be out of it.

Wearing Guerlain AA Mandarine Basilic to work today. Will wear Une Rose tonight for b'day celebration.

Hugs to all & many thanks for the birthday wishes!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Happy Birthday RHM!

I'm wearing L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme today. I haven't worn this one in a while...liking it a lot. It smells a lot like the chocolate lemon tart below.

Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Mr Blass by Bill Blass, a blast from my blasted past this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Eau De Magnolia by Frederic Malle

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution

In sync in:

Vintage Shalimar parfum by Guerlain

RHM - Happy happy birthday! Hope you & your loved ones do something to celebrate your special day
    rynegne - have you smelled Cologne du 68 by Guerlain? I think it smells exactly as you've described above...gourmand cologne.

The full moon last night, when I got home from Book Club was so big & so bright, it was like something out of a movie. Very 'Nightmare Before Christmas', I half expected Jack Skeleton to wonder on the rooftop of my apartment.

Happy Friday the 13th!

Today's my last day of my Juice Cleanse - back to normal food tomorrow! Yay! And I have a date tonight...hopefully I won't pass out from malnutrition, that would not be a good first impression.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, RHM!

Parfum Mercedes Jus d'Amour

Happy Friday, all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Ferrari Silver Essence

I haven't Mike, sounds interesting though. I might have to check it out. Good luck on your date tonight!

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Good morning, everyone, and Happy Friday!!!

And what a special Friday it is...Happy Birthday, RHM!! I hope your day is filled to the brim with happiness!!! Are you and the fam doing anything special to celebrate? I hope you like your cake. I made it just for you.

I have been pretty busy for a couple days now and haven't gotten to post. Today should be a pretty slow day at work though so I am planning to lurk all day.

Xscent, hope you had safe, comfortable, and stress-free travels and made it to your destination safely!

Quarry, LOL @ "bone head." I love the sense of whimsy that you infuse into everything you say and do. It just makes me so happy and I want to be more like you. One of my favorite Big Bang Theory quotes is from Sheldon: "What's life without whimsy?"

Shades, I was so happy to see sweet Cali! She is a beautiful girl and looks like such a sweetie pie. And what an awesome bandana!

I wore Limed yesterday - Mike, you were so right: I love it. It's so summery and the dry down is sublime. Rynegne, did you put in a request to add it to the directory? I was sad I couldn't post it.

Decidedly not in synch today in Diptyque Do Son, which is one of the most feminine perfumes I wear.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Bon voyage, Xscent!

Happy Birthday, RHM!

I decided to do something about my loss of smell and I spent two terrible days because the nasal spray made me
    extremely sleepy and tired. I stopped it but I can already smell a lot better.

Today we are going to the graduation ceremony of my youngest daughter at the German School (she still has to take Greek exams until the end of the month, though...).
    Both my daughters loved their school and have nothing but good memories from it. Although my youngest could not always easily keep up with their high standards, I believe choosing this school was one of my (few) good decisions!

To remember this day, I want something classic and beautifulI but not something I usually wear, so I'll go with
    Parure - Guerlain, from my decants.

Last edited by *dora*; 13th June 2014 at 03:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Guerlain-
    Sous les Vent
    (In the Wind)

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday,
    RHM! Enjoy!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

ErinK, I think we'd get on riotously if we could hang. Hugs to you, girl.

Speaking of BN communions … I'm wearing Byredo Black Saffron from a decant courtesy of Furriner from our meet-up in Chicago last fall. RHM, ComDiva, Matildaben and others who less frequently frequent SotD know how great it is to get together. Actually, now that I've looked back at the pictures, there's the black-topped Byredo bottle right there near my two pink atomizers—not that you'd notice any of that next to the beaming ComDiva and RHM.

Speaking of BN communions … Mr. Rodgers will eventually be expected to relate the goings-on of his BN get-together tomorrow.

Here’s to you on your special day, RHM!

Byredo Black Saffron is categorized as unisex, though if forced into one camp or the other, you'd probably say it's a woman's scent because of its sweetness. I find the raspberry note dominates, but in a dark, deeply grounded way, which keeps it from trending too young. It's the only Byredo I've latched on to, and now that I'm wearing it, I'm wondering why it's been so long since I put some on.

Last edited by Quarry; 13th June 2014 at 03:22 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I couldn't be more happy that you're enjoying Limed Erin! When I created the scent, I had summer in mind...I wanted to create something unique and woody, yet perfect for summer wear. It's a pretty thin line as many people would automatically categorize woody scents as fall/winter wear primarily. I think Limed turns that notion upside down.

I haven't submitted any requests for my fragrances to be added to the directory simply because they are very limited run, I didn't think I would get too many reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    I wore Limed yesterday - Mike, you were so right: I love it. It's so summery and the dry down is sublime. Rynegne, did you put in a request to add it to the directory? I was sad I couldn't post it.

Wearing Burberry. Forgot to check the sync scent for today.

Hello, mesdames.

In synch today with ELdO's Jasmin et Cigarette.

Not sure which thread to respond to so doing both =) I plan on wearing Acqua di Giς pour Homme by Giorgio Armani once the day heats up. still early here.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Eau De Magnolia by Frederic Malle

Hoping to try this tomorrow in Liberty and also notice that the new Acqua Originale line from Creed have just hit the shelves in Selfridges - looks like a busy itinerary in prospect !.

In synch for the evening - Hiris.

Just heading for the garden shade with a beautifully crisp and aromatic sauvignon blanc from Marlborough NZ and a large bowl of assorted olives. Calling all fellow imbibers to uncork and enjoy that Friday feeling.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 13th June 2014 at 04:07 PM.

Caron Poivre

Jon, you get the award for the most swoonworthy photos today. Your Bois des Iles photo is to die for. Where was that taken? And out of all the iris photos I have seen (and I have looked at plenty), that is one of the most gorgeous. It goes without saying that you have smelled heavenly all day. So scootch over, and I'll have some of what you're having.

Scent compliment alert! I just left the gym and as I was walking out I bumped into a male friend of mine who said I smelled good, which is hilarious as I don't shower OR touch up deodorant OR perfume after the gym. I can only assume he was getting some sweat-infused, heat-activated Do Son, which evidently works for me!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

SOTE

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, VC&A MIP

In synch with Acqua Universalis Forte Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Good afternoon to all.

Happy birthday RHM! And I love Quarry's photo.

Congratulations dora on your daughter's graduation and enjoy the ceremony.

I am in sync with Guerlain Vetiver. It's a beautiful spring day, though a little cool. Time to walk the dogs.

I'm wearing the new Aqua Sextius by Jul et Mad.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Good evening everyone -Chanel no 19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Hednic, what's your opinion of Eau de Magnolia?

Mike; hope you manage to stay conscious for your date, & enjoy!

Jon; do try out that new Piguet Gardenia if you see it, l'd love to know what you think of it.

Synching in Virgin lsland Water on this sultry evening. Thunderstorms are predicted for the early hours of tomorrow...
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Institution

ErinK - isn't Limed da' bomb? Glad you got it. I plan on getting a bottle soon.
    Quarry - is the saffron very prominent? It's a note I struggle with to be honest.

Headed home for a quick shower & then off to my coffee/juice date, this is a new guy I've never met before but we've been chatting for a couple days. He sounds like a real sweet guy. Thanks for the kinds words.

I'll probably be wearing a tiny spray of something I grab on the way out the door...maybe Habit Rouge...maybe Vol de Nuit?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday RHM!

Gal Trιbol today.

Daughter is doing all the end of year/seniors stuff. Next week is exams and graduation practice; graduation on the 24th.

SOTA/E: CK One Summer 2014

Happy Birthday, RHM.

Today, I wore the vintage Chloe parfum again. Held up well in the muggy weather. Tonight I'm wearing Ava-Luxe Moss, an old favorite.

Carnal Flower is the SOTE.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Raymond James tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RHM!!!
    Armani Code Ultimate

bleu autumn haze

I'm sort of in synch today ... I'm wearing Angel but I've spritzed a couple of sprays of A*men on top. I like the mix ...

RHM, happy birthday!

Jon, LOVE the island picture! Wish I was there.

dora, congratulations to you and your daughter.

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Ending the night with a heavy dose of Absolue Pour le Soir.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for the birthday wishes!
    Quarry….I was having the best time over I'm my corner decanting away with ComDiva. We were being silly & having a blast.
    LOVE all the pictures!
    ErinK, the cake is purrfect.
    Une Rose smells awesome tonight.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme