Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 50 of 50
  1. #1

    Default Most powdery fragrances

    Hello friends,

    In contrast to many that I know, I love powdery fragrances and those that exude a more mature aura.

    Even though I own a lot of expensive niche fragrances, I find myself craving and wanting to wear, almost exclusively One Man Show Gold Edition. Are there any other fragrances in the same vain? The more powdery the better. I am not afraid of smelling dated not of powerhouse fragrances. Vintage Kouros has a similar feel to me as do vintage Le Male and Jaipur Pour Homme. There is something that gives me a great sense of presence when I wear these fragrances. More suggestions gratefully received.
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Chypre Palatin
    2) APOM Pour Homme
    3) Interlude Man
    4) One Man Show Gold Edition
    5) Mamluk
    6) Kouros (Vintage)
    7) Tobacco Vanille
    8) 34 Boulevard Saint Germain
    9) More than Words
    10) Le Male (Vintage)

  2. #2

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Brooks Brothers 1818 struck me as quite powdery with an old school barber shop scent. While I do enjoy many old school and/or powerhouse type frags, BB1818 almost smelled too old fashioned for me which is why I've been on the fence about buying it. But if powdery and mature is what you're after, it's worth sampling. Not sure if you guys have Brooks Brothers stores across the pond but you can always find their stuff on ebay.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Amouage Gold Man
    Lorenzo Villoresi Teint De Neige (maybe on the feminine side but definitely powdery)

  4. #4

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
    Brooks Brothers 1818 struck me as quite powdery with an old school barber shop scent. While I do enjoy many old school and/or powerhouse type frags, BB1818 almost smelled too old fashioned for me which is why I've been on the fence about buying it. But if powdery and mature is what you're after, it's worth sampling. Not sure if you guys have Brooks Brothers stores across the pond but you can always find their stuff on ebay.
    Thank you, I'll seek it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by TLS View Post
    Amouage Gold Man
    Lorenzo Villoresi Teint De Neige (maybe on the feminine side but definitely powdery)
    Yes, I do enjoy Gold, it may be time to get a FB. Thanks for reminding me of that one.
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Chypre Palatin
    2) APOM Pour Homme
    3) Interlude Man
    4) One Man Show Gold Edition
    5) Mamluk
    6) Kouros (Vintage)
    7) Tobacco Vanille
    8) 34 Boulevard Saint Germain
    9) More than Words
    10) Le Male (Vintage)

  5. #5

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    I find Burberry touch to be extremely powdery

  6. #6

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    I get a lot of powder from Dior's Eau Noire.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    In my personal experience: getting quite noticeable of powdery impressions from Dior Homme, YSL L'Homme, Roma Uomo (not so much its flankers), Habit Rouge EDT (again, no EDP or other flankers), almost any Prada Infusion, Pierre Cardin Iris Sauvage, L'Erbolario Iris, Chanel Coco Noir.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Tiffany for Men
    Raiders of the Lost Scent: Journey in the Realm of Lost Perfumes
    http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspot.it.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Hdp 1725

  10. #10

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    I'm not a powder fan at all...but check out ANY of the Prada fragrances including Infusion D'Homme....I returned it because it was too much powder but YOU might like it....
    Looking for Byredo Pulp -

  11. #11

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    I too enjoy the powdery nature of Habit Rouge EDT and I can't pass up this opportunity to once again recommend Helmut Lang Eau de Cologne: it's discontinued but well worth tracking down.

  12. #12
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Bzios
    Posts
    77,536

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Lann-Ael by Lostmarc'h is pretty powdery to me.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  13. #13
    Dependent Davem81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,235

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Acqua di Parma Colonia has a definite powdery-ness about it to me.

  14. #14
    vita odorifera
    perfaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lagos
    Posts
    7,343
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Penhaligon's The Hammam Bouquet
    Musk by Lozenzo Villoresi
    Another nice powdery scent is Royal Copenhagen
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

    #BBOG!

  15. #15

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    I've always interpreted Dior Homme as powdery - more than any other I've come across, I think. This one doesn't do anything for me, but seems to get some good reaction from the ladies!

    I've tested Dior Homme l'Eau, which I quite like, as the powder (iris?) is somewhat toned down.

  16. #16
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New York city
    Posts
    1,222

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    +1 on Gold man
    Current rotation:

    Ciel Man
    Millesime Imperial
    Green Irish Tweed
    L'Homme
    Scandal Pour Homme

  17. #17

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    LIDGE and Burberry Brit are very powdery to me

  18. #18
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New York city
    Posts
    1,222

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Also Tom Ford Noir
    Current rotation:

    Ciel Man
    Millesime Imperial
    Green Irish Tweed
    L'Homme
    Scandal Pour Homme

  19. #19

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Habit Rouge EDT


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Sound Scents
    drseid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Northern VA/DC Area
    Posts
    6,210

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    I am pretty sure there was a recent thread on this very same topic... That said, Jardins d'Armide by Oriza L. Legrande definitely fits the bill to my nose, and then some.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frdric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'dri) - tie

    6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

  21. #21

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Big ol' powdery ones...

    Habit Rouge (EDT or EDP)
    Tom Ford Noir (HR for beginners)
    Versace Baby Blue Jeans (HR for teens!)
    Burberry Brit
    Body Kouros

  22. #22

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Jaipur Homme EDP is definitely powdery and decadent. Love it to bits. Deauville pour Homme's top and middle has soft clouds of powder. Really nice.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

  23. #23

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Royal Copenhagen

  24. #24

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Versace The Dreamer. Way too powdery for me.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Another vote for Tom Ford Noir EDP (the EDT is more musky and woodsy to me) and Creed Himalaya can be fairly powdery on the drydown.

  26. #26
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    518

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Mona D' Orio Amber is very powdery. L'Heur Bleu is too if you can wear it.

    thanks
    rick

  27. #27

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Bulgari BLU Pour Homme (known as BLV to some) is a real powder bomb to me. Have to admit that I liked it for a short while but lost my taste for it fairly quickly.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by Andr Moreau View Post
    Tiffany for Men
    Have and love it, I just wish it lasted longer and projected a little more.

    Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Hdp 1725
    Have it and find it a little too soft for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    I'm not a powder fan at all...but check out ANY of the Prada fragrances including Infusion D'Homme....I returned it because it was too much powder but YOU might like it....
    Own all of the Prada frags and yes, they are to my tastes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Helmut View Post
    I too enjoy the powdery nature of Habit Rouge EDT and I can't pass up this opportunity to once again recommend Helmut Lang Eau de Cologne: it's discontinued but well worth tracking down.
    Habit Rouge is another one of my favourites in this genre.

    Quote Originally Posted by Davem81 View Post
    Acqua di Parma Colonia has a definite powdery-ness about it to me.
    Will have to try this one again.

    Quote Originally Posted by HDD8 View Post
    I've always interpreted Dior Homme as powdery - more than any other I've come across, I think. This one doesn't do anything for me, but seems to get some good reaction from the ladies!

    I've tested Dior Homme l'Eau, which I quite like, as the powder (iris?) is somewhat toned down.
    I have it but don't find it powdery (not in the way that I am looking for)

    Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    LIDGE and Burberry Brit are very powdery to me
    I own both of these but don't really get powder from them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Preston H View Post
    Also Tom Ford Noir
    Again, I own it but don't get powder at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    I am pretty sure there was a recent thread on this very same topic... That said, Jardins d'Armide by Oriza L. Legrande definitely fits the bill to my nose, and then some.
    The most recent thread I found in the search was from 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by andym72 View Post
    Big ol' powdery ones...

    Habit Rouge (EDT or EDP)
    Tom Ford Noir (HR for beginners)
    Versace Baby Blue Jeans (HR for teens!)
    Burberry Brit
    Body Kouros
    Own all of them but only get the vibe I seek from HR EDT

    Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    Jaipur Homme EDP is definitely powdery and decadent. Love it to bits. Deauville pour Homme's top and middle has soft clouds of powder. Really nice.
    Do you have Jaipur EDT as well? I actually find it more powdery than the EDP.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarshVader View Post
    Versace The Dreamer. Way too powdery for me.
    Own and like it a lot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    Another vote for Tom Ford Noir EDP (the EDT is more musky and woodsy to me) and Creed Himalaya can be fairly powdery on the drydown.
    Himalaya is a good suggestion; I don't wear it too often as it gives me a bit of a headache.


    Quote Originally Posted by bbfan View Post
    Bulgari BLU Pour Homme (known as BLV to some) is a real powder bomb to me. Have to admit that I liked it for a short while but lost my taste for it fairly quickly.
    This is a funny one; everyone says how powdery it is, but upon purchase, I could barely smell it!

    Great suggestions everyone, I'll try some of them for sure.
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Chypre Palatin
    2) APOM Pour Homme
    3) Interlude Man
    4) One Man Show Gold Edition
    5) Mamluk
    6) Kouros (Vintage)
    7) Tobacco Vanille
    8) 34 Boulevard Saint Germain
    9) More than Words
    10) Le Male (Vintage)

  29. #29

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Prada Amber Pour Homme is a very powdery fragrance (but an amazingly good one). Masculine and long lasting.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

  30. #30

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by TLS View Post
    Amouage Gold Man
    Lorenzo Villoresi Teint De Neige (maybe on the feminine side but definitely powdery)
    this + Dior Homme vintage, Kenzo Flower and Amour, Nu, Mitsouko, Back to Black, Chanel N5, Cuir de Russie.

  31. #31

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    A lot of good ones already mentioned.

    I would add Chergui and Lumiere Noire Pour Homme.
    Seasonal favorites:

    1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    4.
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

  32. #32

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Scentinel View Post
    Have and love it, I just wish it lasted longer and projected a little more.
    Interesting. I personally find Tiffany For Men to be a fairly powerful scent with excellent longevity and about as much projection as I would want.

  33. #33

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    So you don't find burberry touch powdery? To me it is as powdery as it gets....hhmmm

  34. #34
    Dependent bigbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Central Oregon
    Posts
    1,922

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    LIDGE and Burberry Brit are very powdery to me
    Definitely Burberry Brit, most powdery scent I've ever smelt. Thankfully on Lidge I don't get much powder on my skin. I'll add that both MIP and DHI are pretty powdery as well.

  35. #35

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaverX View Post
    So you don't find burberry touch powdery? To me it is as powdery as it gets....hhmmm
    I just don't like the overall fragrance. Have almost bought it a few times, but there's something not quite right for me.
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Chypre Palatin
    2) APOM Pour Homme
    3) Interlude Man
    4) One Man Show Gold Edition
    5) Mamluk
    6) Kouros (Vintage)
    7) Tobacco Vanille
    8) 34 Boulevard Saint Germain
    9) More than Words
    10) Le Male (Vintage)

  36. #36

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    A lot of good ones already mentioned.

    I would add Chergui and Lumiere Noire Pour Homme.
    I do own these; perhaps I need to wear more of my current collection as I may find that I already have what I am looking for and don't know it!
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Chypre Palatin
    2) APOM Pour Homme
    3) Interlude Man
    4) One Man Show Gold Edition
    5) Mamluk
    6) Kouros (Vintage)
    7) Tobacco Vanille
    8) 34 Boulevard Saint Germain
    9) More than Words
    10) Le Male (Vintage)

  37. #37

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by df91 View Post
    Prada Amber Pour Homme is a very powdery fragrance (but an amazingly good one). Masculine and long lasting.
    Amazing fragrance. One of my absolute favourites. Have a 'vintage' bottle that I am cherishing!
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Chypre Palatin
    2) APOM Pour Homme
    3) Interlude Man
    4) One Man Show Gold Edition
    5) Mamluk
    6) Kouros (Vintage)
    7) Tobacco Vanille
    8) 34 Boulevard Saint Germain
    9) More than Words
    10) Le Male (Vintage)

  38. #38

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Scentinel View Post
    I just don't like the overall fragrance. Have almost bought it a few times, but there's something not quite right for me.

    I totally understand. I find it to be a weird combo of powder and pepper. But just threw it out there as it is quite powdery, at least for my taste.

  39. #39

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Forgot about this one - PdN NY. Extremely powdery, also fits the "mature" requirement in my view.

  40. #40
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    518

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Forgot about Terryfic Oud from terry d gunzberg. Very powdery oud.

    Rick

  41. #41

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    +1 Royal Copenhagen. Also Caswell Massey Jockey Club. Major powder in that one.

  42. #42

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    For me Mont Blanc Individuel.

  43. #43

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Lorenzo Villoresi Teint de Neige

    for swap/sale:





  44. #44

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Amouage Dia Man EDP

  45. #45

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Yes, Gold man and also Nicolai New York.

  46. #46

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Also La Parfumerie Moderne Desarmant.

  47. #47

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Here's the recent thread on this subject:

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380910-Most-Powdery

    One not mentioned is Miss Balmain, which is chock-full of the stuff.

  48. #48

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    I'm not sure how high on the powdery scale this rates, but I find Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme to be powdery.

  49. #49

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    I love Iris scents so I'm certainly going to check out many of these suggestions. Great thread

  50. #50
    Super Member JimmyP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    439

    Default Re: Most powdery fragrances

    Burberry Brit and Touch are both very powdery.

    I would also add:

    YSL La Nuit (really surprised no one mentioned this)
    Invasion Barbare
    HDP 1725

Similar Threads

  1. Powdery Male Fragrances?
    By Doog in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 16th October 2011, 04:20 PM
  2. Do fragrances turn powdery on you?
    By scent in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19th February 2011, 01:37 PM
  3. Powdery male fragrances
    By GentlemanFarmer in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 13th March 2009, 08:41 AM
  4. Thick Smooth Powdery Fragrances
    By incedal in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 9th June 2006, 06:20 AM
  5. Strong and powdery fragrances for men
    By Sanzio in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 30th September 2005, 08:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •