Code of Conduct

Default If you could only use two fragrances for the entire year, which would they be and why?

Discuss...

Default Re: If you could only use two fragrances for the entire year, which would they be and why?

Gengis Khan & Siecle simply because I don't get tired of wearing them.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: If you could only use two fragrances for the entire year, which would they be and why?

Armani Eau pour Homme- warmer weather, daytime, but also during the entire year
    Knize Ten- same as above, well almost, however with a slight additional preference for this during evenings and/or colder weather

Obsession for Men & Mugler Cologne.

I get loads of compliments with both of these fragrances and have never had a single person say that they didn't like them to me.

Obsession would be for casual wear and Mugler for any time. Mugler is fresh, clean, non-offensive and it's hard to make anyone tap out if you overspray it.

Dior Homme Sport 2008 and Aventus. As I live in Puerto Rico (very hot weather all year long), I can use them for all ocassions without a problem.

I would probably go with Creed Aventus and Dior Vetiver. I never seem to get tired of them (of course, I never tried wearing them that often), I LOVE the way both of them smell, the longevity of both is very good, they are both very versatile.

I almost included Bruckner Aoud 1 and Grey Vetiver, since I think the versatility may actually be better with these two - but I have a feeling that there is a greater chance that I could grow tired of these.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Aventus and Chanel's Blanche. Both are very versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by steve0580 View Post
    Obsession for Men & Mugler Cologne.

I get loads of compliments with both of these fragrances and have never had a single person say that they didn't like them to me.

Obsession would be for casual wear and Mugler for any time. Mugler is fresh, clean, non-offensive and it's hard to make anyone tap out if you overspray it.

How is the current Obsession? I think some of the 1980 and 1990 Power frags benefit from a reformulation, but I haven't tried any in a while.

Designer:
    - Gendarme (or DHS)
    - Varvatos Vintage

Niche:
    - Millesime Imperial
    - Interlude Man
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyFinger View Post
    How is the current Obsession? I think some of the 1980 and 1990 Power frags benefit from a reformulation, but I haven't tried any in a while.
    I should have specified "Vintage Obsession" in my response.

Anyway, the current formulation is very different from the original formulation and I hadn't though about it until someone pointed it out to me and I ended up getting a vintage bottle.

The original formulation (1986-1991) seems to have more depth to it but the new one seems almost like some sort of watered down cinnamon. You'd notice it in a big way if you had a side by side comparison. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised since Coty took it over. Coty seems to have a way of gutting the classic fragrances, just to squeeze a bit more profit out.

Luckily for me, I went on a vintage buying spree and have the equivalent of two full bottles of vintage spray, 1 vintage splash and two bottles of the fluid body talc (remember that stuff?). The fluid body talc was discontinued years ago.

Basenotes Plus

For a whole year? Lets see...
    Scandal pour Homme
    Green Irish Tweed

Of every scent I own, they're the most pleasing to my nose
    Seasonal rotation:

Santal Imperial
    Ambre Topkapi
    Rose 31
    Green Irish Tweed
    Original Santal
    Prada Amber PH

TdH and 1899 Hemingway for me!

Currently, Windsor and Roja Vetiver

Choices vary but for now

Guerlain vetiver current version (love how it smells very refreshing and its quite cheap so I can douse myself in this without offending anybody)

Cartier Declaration EDT (love how this one smells and how long it lasts)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by blackheart2925; 16th June 2014 at 04:52 AM.

L 'Instant de Guérlain pour homme and Fumérie Turque.

Dior Homme Intense and Aventus. Great smelling fragrances IMO.

Spice and Wood, and Eternity because I love them and they work well on me.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Entire year? Probably Aventus, but Spice and Wood would work, too.

Another one for Dior Vetiver and I'll add House of Matriarch Blackbird or CdG 2 Man (toss up) as well. I wear all often and never tire of wearing them no matter the weather or occasion.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Yatagan
    Balenciaga pour Homme

Because I like them. :-)

Designer : - Terre d'hermes
    - Fahrenheit

Niche : - Blackbird by House of Matriarch
    - Slumberhouse Ore
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Rive Gauche and Cartier Declaration, because they smell great, give me all day longevity and both are versatile.
    BRING BACK OUR GIRLS!

Frapin L'humaniste and Dior Homme Intense because they cover all seasons and smell fantastic.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Mugler Cologne for casual/hot/daytime/gym/clean and fresh wear

AND

CdG Avignon or Heeley Cardinal or Christian Dior Eau Noire for night/cool/dressier/or occasions that require a little "atmosphere"

I would buy 200 ml of the Mugler and 100 ml of the other and that would pretty much get me through the year.

A Lab on Fire Almost Transparent Blue for summer
    Amouage Jubilation XXV for winter/night
    My current top 10 fragrances :
    1. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    2. A Lab on Fire Almost Transparent Blue
    3. YSL L'Homme Libre
    4. Tauer Perfumes L'Air du Desert Marocain
    5. Rania J. Ambre Loup
    6. Atelier Cologne Cedrat Enivrant
    7. Parfum MDCI Ambre Topkapi
    8. Imaginary Authors Memoirs of a Trespasser
    9. Heeley Sel Marin
    10. by Kilian Back to Black

Tam Dao and maybe Guerlain Homme...
    Just say no to oniomania.

Fahrenheit for daily use and La nuit de l'homme for parties

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Dior Homme Intense and Aventus. Great smelling fragrances IMO.
    My 2 choice too.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Dunhil Blend 30 - because it is my all-time favourite

Heeley's Menthe Fraiche - not because it is my second favourite (not too far from it) but one needs a fresh scent sometimes, here in the tropics.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Good topic, and I've thought about this a lot if I were to narrow my collection down to 2-4 fragrances. If it were two my picks would be either:

Aventus
    GIT

or

Tom Ford For Men
    Grey Vetiver

Murdocks Black Tea
    Habit Rouge L ' Eau

Because they are easy to wear in all situations and smell great.

Escentric Molecule01...all occations and lasts 8+ hours

Bleu De Chanel...reason why it sells so well
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

Sound Scents

Portrait of a Lady and vintage Giorgio for Men because I like wearing them most.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Bleu de Chanel - need some versatility here.

Tiffany For Men - need a classic-smelling fragrance to offset the BdC days. Plus I'd likely never tire of the dry down.

Héritage (EDT/EDP)
    Timbuktu

"Al khat" ~xerjoff and Aventus
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

This is very challenging.

I guess they'd both had to very different from each other.

Vintage Or Black is a must.

Therefore the other has to be the other end the spectrum.

34 Boulevard Saint Germain.

I hope you're happy! That was very difficult.

for swap/sale:

Pour le matin... Chanel Egoiste.

Pour le soir... Tom Ford Noir de Noir.

Although, if I had to cut it down to only ONE frag for the entire year, day and night, then I'd have to take Amouage Jubilation XXV.
    Oriental and rose addict...

Guerlain's Vetiver!
    My current top five:

Yohji Yamamoto - Yohji Homme (vtg)
    Boucheron - Jaipur Homme
    Knize - Knize Ten Golden Edition
    Gucci - Gucci pour Homme I (vtg)
    YSL - M7 (vtg)

My fragrance reviews | http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.it/

Gucci PH I and Givenchy Vetiver

Possibly Aventus and Montale Black Aoud
    Current top 5:
    1) MDCI Invasion Barbare
    2) Imaginary Authors The Cobra and The Canary
    3) Guerlain Vetiver
    4) Parfums de Nicolai: New York
    5) A*Men: Pure Havane

SALES THREAD!

Aventus and Chevalier D'Orsay

Nothing but compliments and great performance on Aventus and CD'O because it is something I treasure.