Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. — Monday, 16 June, 2014.

Good morning! Chanel N°19.

Blog Entries

Default Re: S.O.T.D. — Monday, 16 June, 2014.

Morning all!

Back to work in Brasil Dream.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Bonjour Mesdames,
    +

Morning everyone!
    Aqua Universalis Forte again...still trying to figure out if I like it enough to buy fb.
    Have a nice day everyone!

Hello all. Parfums d'Orsay Arome 3
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Hi all, have a lovely day!
    ExIdolo - Thirty Three.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. — Monday, 16 June, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Serge Lutens Bas de Soie

Eutopie # 6 by Eutopie

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Good morning, the sun has risen over the new day here.

Back from vacation! Spent a week at the beach, stayed off the computer and in the sun. Back to work today, I have the "proof of vacation tan" and am in the Hermes Un Jardin sur la Toit.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Chanel Coromandel today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Good morning everyone This is my first day out of three weeks of holiday. Aparantly it has been snowing this morning (!). I'm glad I slept through that! Plans for today is trying to do something about my messy apartment. I also might buy some stuff I need for the upcoming festival. Hopefully the weather will be better then ( I sleep in a tent then ) Sotd is Razala. Have a great day all !

Basenotes Plus

Hello Sweetlings!

Off to work wearing Bond No 9's High Line. This one has really grown on me. It's quite refreshing.

RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

MadHat SantL today, which will be out this week (hopefully by tomorrow or Wednesday)! I'm very very very excited to launch this one and get feedback from more sandalwood lovers. A few have tried it so far and the feedback has been great. I've heard comparisons to vintage C&E Mysore Extract and a more spicy/masculine version of Chanel Bois des Iles.

Note Profile: Mysore Sandalwood, Spices, Bouya Oud, Guiuacwood, Peru Balsam, Virginia Cedar and Bulgarian Rose
    Last edited by rynegne; 17th June 2014 at 02:51 AM.

Hi, everyone!

Scent twins with kbe today (yay!) in the gorgeous Chanel Coromandel.

Go get 'em rynegne!!! Keep us posted on how MadHat's progressing.

Coromandel notes: Citruses, bitter orange, neroli, jasmine, rose, patchouli, orris, incense, olibanum, benzoin, woodsy notes, musk, Tahitian vanilla.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Basenotes Institution

ineespenes - enjoy your time off. It's so weird to hear you talking about snow & cold when it's positively swamp-like here in South Florida. Keep warm!
    Xscent - thinking of you, hoping you're enjoying your time off also
    Vernona - go for that MFK scent, it sounds like you are really enjoying it!

Fun weekend for me - a nice mixture of relaxation (massage on Saturday, spa day yesterday afternoon) and fun (date on Fri, pool party & dancing last night - to old disco music). I also, like Robin-in-Fl, have a fantastic tan from yesterdays time at the pool.

Should be a easy going week - let's just say at this moment, all is well.

Following Rev320's lead in:

Jicky vintage Parfum de Toilette by Guerlain

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Hello everyone. Just swinging by to make sure that you are all behaving! I haven't been around much for many reasons but I still like to keep an eye on you!

Jon and Xscent had a day out together in London. That's wonderful. And may I say that you are both gorgeous.

Been on holiday with a bunch o' samples and a bottle of Vohina, with notes of peach flower, lavender honey and hay. I think it is summery and happy but a friend thinks it smells like bubble gum. He is wrong of course.

queen of the universe

rynegne, SantL sounds like a must-try for me. I am not layering, but doing a "patchwork" of your American Rust on my wrists and vintage Fabergι Aphrodisia on my forearms. It works!

Dear friends, I have been a bit overwhelmed lately, thus the dearth of posts. Good news is that I played well in a recital yesterday. I never really know what will happen when I get up in front of an audience. This is especially true for Debussy's La Puerta del Vino, a mad little prιlude of whipsaw changes in mood and dynamic, even as its inexorable habaρera rhythm delivers a tattoo like stiletto heels down a dark hallway. Grand fun.

And yet, this as my son is once again hospitalized. He had been staying with his father, and they had a confrontation. As of this moment, my son is homeless. Not I, not his dad, nor my daughter can meet his needs were he to live with any of us post-discharge. I need to make contact with all his professionals and figure out what the next step is. My ex is in a panic. I told him, as I told myself, that our son has a chronic illness; it is not curable, but it is treatable, and without treatment, it can be fatal. This comes on the heels of having attended on Frday afternoon a funeral for a friend's 24-year old son who had taken his own life. Here's what I wrote about that:

How wrong is a funeral with too many too young men in attendance, in crisp button-downs, dimpled devil-may-care smiles contorted to tear-stained grimaces, swagger bent into the stooped shuffle of grief? How wrong is it that there is one in their midst/missing? And how wrong is the thud of dirt hitting pine, when shoes should be hitting a dance floor? The emes emissaries had best keep quiet.

(note: "emes" is Yiddish via Hebrew for truth. Traditionally, after hearing of a death or other bad news one states "Baruch Dayan HaEmes", acknowledging the Almighty as the true judge. Maybe it's just a warning that we are not to judge. I don't know)
    Last edited by jujy54; 17th June 2014 at 12:22 AM.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone. Oscar de la Renta Esprit d'Oscar for me today.

Wish you all a good start to your week.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello all,

I am wearing 10 Corso Como today. I will be wearing fragrances from my sample backlog this week. It should be a fun change!

Have a great day!

Dia, vintage

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Xscent - thinking of you, hoping you're enjoying your time off also
    Mike, as she is now in Paris touring all the fragrant hot spots you can rest assured that she will be having a ball .

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Jon and Xscent had a day out together in London. That's wonderful. And may I say that you are both gorgeous.
    If it takes one to know one, then I guess we must be

Jujy, I'm so sorry things have deteriorated again and pray that an effective course of treatment can be found soon.
    Tragic to hear about your friend's loss - with such a young life gone in the blink of an eye one can only imagine how his family must be feeling.

SotD is Diptyque 34 BSG.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 16th June 2014 at 03:53 PM.

Good morning!

Jon, what fun that you and Xscent could get together and sniff and sip and nibble together! I wish I could have been there! And what a charming photo of the two of you - you are just as dashing as can be and she is the knockout I always suspected.

I spent the day at the pool yesterday, too; my SOTD was Burberry Brit Rhythm for Her.

Robin, where did you go for vacation? Somewhere else in Florida, or out of state? I am headed to St. Augstine with my family at the end of July. Can't wait.

Mike, so glad your date was a success! Sounds like your weekend was just alltogether first-rate.

Finally, (((jujy))) Big bear hugs for you. I am so sorry to hear he has relapsed. Mental illness just plain sucks. It is so painful to see someone you love in the grips of such an illness, deteriorating mentally, and know that there's nothing you can do for them to make them better but hope and pray they get, and stick with, treatment. I am sending up prayers for your son, and for you and your ex.

My SOTD is By Kilian Prelude to Love.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Basenotes Plus

Default S.O.T.D. — Monday, 16 June, 2014.

( Art by illiyun ) - "aşk" means "love" in Turkish

Perfume Calligraphy Rose by Aramis

Have a great day, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CapriDog; 16th June 2014 at 04:00 PM.

Potion Royal Black

jujy54, I'm glad you're enjoying Americana Rust! Also, so sorry to hear about your son relapsing. Hoping the best for you and your family during this rough patch.

queen of the universe

Thanks for the kind words. I don't see my son as relapsing so much as having an illness that has a progression. As is common, they still haven't made a definitive diagnosis; one doctor sees schizophrenia, another bipolar disorder. I just hope they keep him inpatient long enough to stabilize him with good medication, then work out a treatment plan that includes therapy and a wholesome environment. Sad that most residential options are in terrible neighborhoods. NIMBY at its worst.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

(((jujy))) I'm so sorry. I'm sending out prayers for a living situation that's workable for all of you, and for your son to be open to treatment and care. It's heartbreaking and frightening to contemplate, and I empathize with you and your family more than you know.

Jon and Xscent, what a fantastic photo and what a wonderful time you must have had! The naked protest and skankfest seems just about right Jon, what did you busy yourself with while Xscent was rolling in cumin, horse, and unwashed Mongol? Xscent, I hope you're having a smashing time in Paris and taking full advantage of, well, everything!!

My work schedule has become brutal, as another lawyer has left for greener pastures and there's no rush to backfill, given everyone's favorite corporate refrain du jour: "Do more with less" -- or in this case, with only 30% of the lawyers we had in my group when I first started here. Being down 70% pretty much sucks.

I've been on a tuberose bender: Do Son on Saturday and Tubereuse Criminelle yesterday and again today. I awoke this morning to David happily snurffling the back of my neck for that amazing TC dry-down.

Hello from Paris! Thank you to Jon and it was lovely tour around London town.

((ErinK)) your a very kind but may suggest you get your eyes checked if that's knockout . The pic was taken after 36 hours of no sleep which included a long haul flight of 19 hours in a dress that photographs like a crosswalk (but is super comfy for travelling). Hoping it looks better in real life. . I do agree our JR is rather handsome and a brilliant tour guide.

Hugs to all. Bois des ξles today.

((Jujy)) and ((ExK))
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Jujy, I'm sorry to hear that your sons condition has worsened for the time being. I hope that he makes good progress and that you manage to remain stalwart. Your piece about the young men at the funeral is very moving.

Basenotes Institution

Just popping in to say HELLO to Foustie (squeeee!!!) and to give ((bear hugs)) to jujy54. It sounds like you're practicing the hardest part of all, in this process: acceptance of your son's condition. Good for you!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

SotE - ELDO Tom of Finland.

Erin, knockout is right !. I am always a complete mess after flying long haul but she looked immaculate. Some serious stamina too considering we didn't finish up until late.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 16th June 2014 at 06:23 PM.

Mike I started to reach for Jicky today but opted for 8 sprays of Mouchoir de Monsieur. I'll probably wear Jicky tomorrow .
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Good afternoon to everyone.

I'm wearing Bulgari Black on a very hot day.

So sorry jujy. What a difficult time. Thinking of you and your family, and your bereaved friend and hers.

Blog Entries

Hi Foustie, nice to see you!

(((jujy))) sorry to hear your news. That is so very sad about that young man's death, too.

Xscent; you did indeed look a knockout in that photo. Very hard to believe you'd just come off a long haul flight. Kudos to you!

Shanghai Lily this evening. Mr teardrop thinks it smells like gunpowder.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

Jujy, I'm sorry you are going through this. My good friend has a son in the same condition. You can't force people to help themselves. It's a terrific burden. Again, my heart and prayers go out to you.

Jujy, I am so very sorry your son's illness has gotten hold of him again. We have a close friend with advanced schizophrenia who has been in and out of treatment, on the street and in and out again, and it is sad but helping her doesn't do anything to help her, so we just feel helpless, I can't imagine your pain but do understand that frustration.

ErinK, we went to Ana Maria Island, it's a little bit north of Sarasota. St. Augustine is very cool, oldest city in the U.S!

Basenotes Institution

Hermessence Brin de Reglisse by Hermes

-- Eckhart Tolle

Chanel No5 Eau Premier today

Blog Entries

​Creed- Royal Water

Theorema Esprit d'Ete

I'm wearing the discontinued Bobby Jones that I won off ebay.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Dear Jujy, my heart goes out to you. Having grown up with a mother with paranoid schizophrenia and a sister with Bipolar (and other things), I can very much relate to the fact that you cannot provide a place for him. Such a burden to watch those we love with these illnesses. Hugs dear and prayers for solutions.

Xscent! You must be having mad fun dear girl! I must go look out for that photo, I have every confidence you will meet with the 'knockout' designation. Have fun times sniffing!

I began my day with Flower of Immortality (from a sample). It was nice, but I don't see myself ever making a purchase.

After the shower, it was on to Serge Lutens 5'Oclock Au Gingembre. Again from a sample (I'm trying like mad to empty as many of those .07ml vials I have!) I wasn't especially enamored with that one. (this is good, very good!(

Now, I'm in a very simple Nag Champa perfume oil I picked up somewhere or other. It's making me smile so I guess it's a keeper.

I'm of to Phoenix next to pick up the mother of my grandbaby! Grandbaby in tow! Yay!
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Halston 1-12 tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Ending the night with Black Orchid.

I'm wearing Daim Blond today. I even received two separate "You smell so goood!" compliments. I did not have to work late, so I got home just in time to watch Team USA beat Ghana in World Cup soccer! So exciting! Hednic, did I remember that you were going to be there? I hope you are and having the time of your life!

Jujy, sending hugs and good thoughts for you and your son ...

Xscent and Jon: wow! loved the picture and it sure looked as if you were having a wonderful time! You guys ARE knockouts!

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Jon, Thank you for the mini-BN meet up report and lovely pic! You both look fabulous and it sounds like it was such fun! I wish I had nude bicycle parades greeting me when I entered foreign countries!

Xscent, you look beautiful! I could only dream of looking as wonderfully put together and glowing after sleep deprivation, a loooong flight, and a sniffathon! Hope you are having a phenomenal time in France!

Also hoping that ClaireV and Evangeline are enjoying their trips as well! All these fab vacays and beach trips, photos, and plans are making me really crave a little get away somewhere… RHM, very belated birthday wishes! The pic you posted today is delish-- can I slip into that world? lol...

(((Jujy))) hugs for consolation and support.

Mike, I’m so happy for you! That sounds like a really perfect weekend. I just noticed I’m getting brown too, but it’s from the outdoor drudgery. This weekend I re-potted, sorted and placed potted plants.

SOTD was “vintage” Dior Homme. I keep smelling something yummy and violet-y that must have spilled somewhere on my desk while decanting last night, so I think SOTE is going to scratch this violet itch… perhaps Violetta di Parma or maybe the simple but delightful Violettes de Toulouse.

Hope everyone has a good evening!
    There are always flowers for those who want to see them.
    ~ Henri Matisse